Chapter 52

Don't Deserve You

IMPORTANT!
Hey guys, 
So before you start reading this chapter, I just want you all to know how deeply sorry I am. I am well aware that many of you are waiting for updates from me everyday, and that updates for "Don't Deserve You" haven't been published as frequently as they used to. But as of recent, my life has been going on a downward spiral, adding on to that, my grandpa had just passed away, and I have no motivation to do anything as of right now. I have a few weeks left of my senior year in high school, and I want to focus on that. I am NOT discontinuing this story. I love it as well as you guys, my dear readers too much to do that. I just wanted to say that updates will still be coming, but it will take much longer. I hope you all understand. Besides updates for "Don't Deserve You," I might also be sporadically updating my other two stories "Two Lips From Amsterdam" and "The Smile In Your Eyes." Once again, I want to sincerely apologize to you all for making you wait for so long. I would also like to thank everyone who has continued to vote and read "Don't Deserve You," and have continued to support me throughout this time. I wouldn't be where I am without you all. 100k reads, 3k comments, and 7k upvotes is something I never thought I would achieve when starting this story. But you guys were the ones who had made it happen. Thank you for voting and commenting. These are the little things that motivates me as a writer to hear your thoughts and feelings while reading what I write. You guys are the best, and I love you. Thank you so much! 💗

•••
Seungri shifted his attention from Il Woo to Hanbin, eyeing them both suspiciously.

Seungri: Jisoo came to visit me today... 

The 2 other males stayed silent.

Seungri: She seemed wary of me... She asked me a bunch of questions relating back to the accident 4 years ago. 

Seungri eyes them again.

Seungri: Neither of you had done anything that would cause her to be suspicious of me have you?

Fearfully, Hanbin quickly spoke up to defend himself.

Hanbin: I didn't do anything abeoji.

Seungri turned towards Il Woo, expecting an answer from the younger man.

Il Woo: I haven't seen the girl since the day I lied straight to her face about her parents' death. 

Seungri leans back in his chair as he ponders around with his thoughts. He picks up his glass of wine and took a sip. 

Abruptly a surge of anger rushes through him as he throws the glass across the room. 

Hanbin: Please calm down abeoji!

Seungri turns to face the younger, his face seething with anger.

Seungri: Calm down?! You want me to calm down at a time like this?! My plans are at the brink of being ruined!

Hanbin: We-we don't even know if she knows the truth abeoji. Maybe you're just overthinking everything—

The CEO slams his fist onto the table, cutting off Hanbin's words.

Seungri: Do you really think so naively boy?! That Kim Jisoo isn't as simple as she appears to be! She knows something! I'm sure of it! 

Hanbin: I'm sorry abeoji. Please excuse my previous mistakes.

The latter's apology seemed to have calmed Seungri down. However he still felt uneasy. He glances over at Il Woo and approaches him. 

Seungri: You seem to be awfully quiet Il Woo. Perhaps you have an idea of what our next step should be.

Il Woo clenches his jaw as his eyes hardened.

Il Woo: I've had enough of your evil deeds Seungri. I've done what you've asked of me, leave me out of the rest of your schemes. 

Seungri scowls angrily before grabbing the collar of his former friend. He harshly shoves the other man against the table, causing the latter to wince in pain. 

Before Seungri could continue his rampage of anger, he notices an object on the ground. 

Kneeling towards the ground, he picks the object up, realizing immediately that it was a spy camera. Seething in anger, he throws the object onto the ground before smashing it with his foot.

Glancing up towards Hanbin, he points towards the now destroyed camera.

Seungri: Do you see that boy? Were my institutions not correct?! Kim Jisoo knows!

Hanbin: What do you suggest we do abeoji?

Seungri: Does it look like I know?!

Hanbin cowers in fear, and decides to shut his mouth.

Il Woo chuckles in amusement.

Il Woo: The girl will be your downfall Seungri. You should've never gotten her involved.

Seungri whips his head towards Il Woo's direction, his face fuming with anger.

Seungri: I would shut my mouth if I were you Il Woo! Your family's life depends on it!

At the mention of his family, Il Woo's face pales as his head drops down.

Seungri's anger seemed to have subsided as he got lost into his thoughts. The CEO returns to his seat before pointing a finger at Il Woo.

Seungri: I want you to follow Jisoo. See what she's planning, and report it back to me. It looks like I'll have to go with Plan B.

Hanbin steps forward, his curiosity peaking at his father's words.

Hanbin: Plan B?

Seungri brushes him off.

Seungri: Now is not the time boy. You will find out soon enough.

Il Woo remains glued to his spot.

Seungri: There is no use in declining Il Woo. What I want I get, and I'll do whatever it takes to get what I want. 

 

•••

 

That night, Jisoo laid silently in her bed as she gazes at Jennie with soft, loving eyes. The latter was getting ready to sleep when she spots Jisoo staring at her through the mirror of her dressing table.

Jennie smiles contently as she makes eye contact with Jisoo through the mirror.

Jennie: What are you looking at Chu?

Jisoo chuckles gently before returning Jennie's smile with a charming smirk. 

Jisoo: I'm looking at my beautiful Jendeukie. The woman whom I've been madly in love with since the first time I've laid my eyes on her. 

Jennie's eyes softens at Jisoo's endearing words. She turns around in her to face the older girl.

Jennie: You fell in love with me at first sight?

Jisoo nodded. 

Jisoo: When I first saw you Jennie Kim, there was something inside of me that just knew that you were the one. 

Jennie shook her head, a smile etched on her face. 

Jennie: I can't believe that you're only telling me this now. 

Jisoo her head to the side, her heart shaped lips forming into a smile as she sees a tint of blush appearing on Jennie's puffy cheeks. 

Jisoo: What, did you not fall in love with me at first sight as well?

Jennie shakes her head slightly.

Jennie: No.

Jisoo's lips formed into a small pout at Jennie's answer.

Jisoo: What? Really?

Jennie laughs softly at the older girl's cuteness.

Jennie: You can't blame me Jisoo, you were pretty annoying back then. 

Jisoo: Yah, how can you say that? I was the most admired person on campus! Everyone wanted to date me, and you're saying that you didn't fall in love with me at first sight? I'm hurt Jendeuk-ah. 

Jennie gets up from her chair as she climbs onto the bed with Jisoo. 

Jennie: You didn't let me finish Jichyu. 

Jennie looks into Jisoo's anticipating eyes before speaking.

Jennie: Yes, it was true that I didn't fall in love with at first sight. But it was because you were always following me around and begging for my affections. I'm an introvert, how do you think I felt, having this beautiful girl that everyone on campus adored following me around?

Jisoo's lips slowly formed into a smile.

Jisoo: So you thought I was beautiful?

Jennie lets out a small laugh.

Jennie: Of course. 

Reaching over, Jennie takes a hold of Jisoo's hand.

Jennie: I was annoyed at first because of the attention you attracted to us, to me, whenever you would follow me around. But after a while, I didn't know how, but I slowly found myself starting to fall for you. And when I finally confronted with my feelings, I realized that I had fallen so deeply in love with you Jisoo. I love you so much that not an ounce of that love has disappeared till this day. Not when we were dating, not when I had believed that you were cheating on me with Suho, not when I was with Hanbin, not ever, not even once, had my love for you ever disappeared. 

For the first time in a long time, Jisoo's lips stretched into a bright smile, a smile that made the older girl's forehead vein pop out. A smile that reached her dazzling, crinkled eyes. The smile that Jennie had missed dearly. 

Jisoo: I love you too Jendeuk-ah. More than you can even know. 

Jennie returns her wife's smile with a gummy one of her own. She leans over and wraps her arms around Jisoo. Burying her head into the older girl's shoulder, she takes in Jisoo's scent.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah...

Jisoo's voice was soft and soothing. The way that she called out Jennie's name sent tingles of warmth throughout the younger's body.

Jennie: Yes Jisoo?

Jisoo closes her eyes as she heaves out a sigh, feeling herself leaning more into Jennie's embrace. She knew she need to tell her wife about her current condition, she just didn't know how to break the news to the latter. 

Jisoo: I... I have something I need to tell you.

Jennie's lips form into a frown as she senses some discomfort coming from the older girl. Leaning back, Jennie patiently gazed into Jisoo's eyes, bracing herself for what was to come. 

Jennie: What is it Jisoo?

Jisoo shuts her eyes once more as she tries to hold back her tears. She turns away for a moment in order to recompose herself. 

Jennie: What is it Chu? You're scaring me.

Jisoo turns back to face Jennie, causing the younger's heart to beat rapidly against her chest. Jisoo takes in a deep breath before speaking out the dreadful news.

Jisoo: I-I'm dying.

Jennie felt like as if had someone had just punched her in the gut. Although she clearly heard what Jisoo had said, her brain was still having a hard time trying to grasp at what the words meant. 

Before she knew it, Jennie felt her eyes well up in tears, before they had rapidly pooled down her cheeks. 

Jennie: W-what do you mean by that? I-I thought you w-were cured... W-what are y-you saying Jisoo?

Jisoo: It... It's not about my heart Jennie-ah. 

Jennie: Then why are you dying?! I don't understand Jisoo! Y-you... you can't die! 

Jisoo: Suho oppa said something about there being a blood clot inside my brain, and that I had internal bleeding. And without surgery and getting it removed, I'm going to die. 

Jennie: Then just do the surgery!

Jisoo shuts her eyes as she shook her head.

Jisoo: It's not that simple. 

Jennie: What's not simple Jisoo? That... that's all you need to do right?  And after the surgery is done, you'll be all better. 

Jisoo: There are... complications. 

Jennie: W-what complications?

Jisoo: There... is only 76% chance of survival if I do the surgery. 

Jennie: There's surely got to be some other way to get rid of the blood clot...

Jisoo shook her head.

Jisoo: Surgery is the only way. 

Jennie clutched both of Jisoo's hands in her own, afraid that if she let go then the older girl would disappear right before her eyes. 

Jennie: Then... then so the surgery Jisoo. 76% is still a high percentage. I'll... I'll ask my dad to find the best doctors in the states. And there's also Changmin and Suho Oppa... they'll make sure you make it out okay... they will...

Jisoo heaves out a sigh as she pulls Jennie towards her. 

Jisoo: I can't risk it Jendeuk-ah.

Jennie hastily pulls away as she looks straight into Jisoo's eyes.

Jennie: I can't let you die Jisoo! You're not allowed to die! Which is why you're gonna do that surgery!

Jisoo: I'm not going anywhere Jennie. I just... There are things that I have to finish before I do the surgery... so that in case if something were to go wrong, I would be assured. 

Jennie shook her head as tears continue to stream down her face.

Jennie: I don't care. I just want you to be safe. Please do the surgery Jisoo. For me.

Jisoo leans over and gives Jennie a kiss in her forehead.

Jisoo: I promise I'll stay alive for you Jendeuk-ah. I promise to keep on fighting for you. Even if I'll have to fight my way through hell, I will fight my way back to you. 

Jennie: You better keep your promise Kim Jisoo. If you dare die on me, I'll never forgive you. 

Jisoo chuckles lightly.

Jisoo: I promise. 

 

•••

 

Jisoo was walking along the aisle of the store when she spotted Jaehyun by the toy section. 

A wide grin stretches across her face as she approaches the younger.

Jisoo: Dr. Jae!

The young boy immediately whips his head around at the sound of Jisoo's voice. He returns the smile as he rushes towards the older girl. 

Jaehyun: Noona!

Jisoo stretches her arms wide open waiting to engulf Jaehyun into her arms. The younger giggled happily before jumping into Jisoo's waiting arms.

Jaehyun: I missed you noona!

Jisoo: I missed you too Jaehyun-ah. 

The two friends pulled away, happy that they were able to finally reunite.

Jisoo: Are you her with your Eomma Jae?

The latter shook his head.

Jaehyun: No. I'm with my appa today. Emma had work. 

Jisoo nodded. 

Jisoo: Ahh, I see. 

Jisoo smiles as she ruffles the younger boy's hair. 

Jisoo: How have you been Jaehyun-ah? Behaving well I hope.

Jaehyun releases a little giggle as he nodded confidently. 

Jaehyun: Of course noona!

Jisoo leans down and squeezes the latter's cheeks adoringly.

Jisoo: Aigoo, I'm so proud. How about I get you a reward for being such a good little boy. 

Jaehyun: Noona~ I'm not little anymore.

Jisoo laughs a bit as she ruffles the younger's hair once more. 

Jisoo: Of course you're not. Come on you little rice ball, noona will buy you whatever you want today.

Jaehyun returns her a bright smile as he nodded enthusiastically. 

Jaehyun: Jisoo noona is the best!

The two friends were about to head over towards the toy section when a voice calls out. 

"Jaehyun!"

Jaehyun turns around first, recognizing his father's voice. 

Jaehyun: Appa!

The younger rushes over into his father's arms. Jisoo turns around towards where Jaehyun had ran and immediately freezes in her spot. Standing before her was none other than Jung Il Woo. 

The elder man not yet realizing who his son was with, glances up and was also met with the same shocked look. 

Il Woo: J-Jisoo?

Oblivious to everything going on, Jaehyun pulls his father over to where Jisoo was standing. 

Jaehyun: Jisoo noona, this is my appa. The best appa in the world! And appa, this is Jisoo noona. She was the one who helped me. The friend I was telling you about.

Jisoo continued to stare at Il Woo, finding herself unable to speak. Il Woo on the other hand couldn't bring himself to believe in his current circumstances. Standing before him was Kim Jisoo, the person who he had lied to, who turned out to be the same person who had saved his son's life. 

Il Woo: So it was you...

Jisoo: And... and your Jaehyun's dad?

Il nodded solemnly as he felt his entire body being consumed with guilt. Jaehyun glances from between his father and Jisoo in confusion. 

Jaehyun: Ehhh~ Did you two already know each other?

Il Woo snaps out of his trance as he nodded.

Il Woo: Of course. We have met a few times. 

Jaehyun nodded. 

Jaehyun: Ohhhh~ I see! That makes sense. 

The younger boy giggles happily before looking back towards his father. 

Jaehyun: Appa! Jisoo noona said that she will buy me anything I want for being a good boy!

Il Woo's eyes widened in shock as he shook his head. 

Il Woo: Of course not. We already owe you too much Jisoo-shi. You don't have to do that.

Jisoo gives the elder man a small smile as she shook her head. 

Jisoo: It's okay. I insist. Besides, I adore Jaehyun, I want to buy him something. 

Before the Il Woo could protest, Jisoo had already grabbed Jaehyun's arm and led him away.