Chapter 58

Don't Deserve You

 

A shot rang out and echoed off the walls of the abandoned building. 

Jennie's head swerved towards the door at the sound of the gunshot.

Jennie: What's going? What's happening? No. It can't be dad. It can't be... 

The brunette pulls harder on the ropes that binded her to her chair as tears rolled down her cheeks. Her body screams in protest as blood drips down from her torn skin. 

Despite the pain, she continues to fight against her restraints.

Jennie: Let me out! Kim Hanbin! Lee Seungri! Let me out you ing bastards! Don't you dare hurt my dad!

Jennie continues to scream until her voice was raw and dry. She can no longer feel her hands as they were numb from the pain. 

She felt weak and helpless. There was nothing she could do. Her father could be hurt or dead and she had no way of saving him. 

The brunette lets her head drop downwards as she burst into tears. 

Amidst the echo of her sobs within the dimly lit room, Jennie heard the door creek open. She quickly looks up to catch Hanbin's figure standing by the doorway.

Jennie: Where's my father? What have you done to him?

Hanbin slowly approaches Jennie, remorse etched across his face.

Hanbin: I'm so sorry that you're being forced to go through this Jennie-ah. I'm sorry for the pain that my father has caused you. The pain that I've caused.

Jennie: Hanbin listen to me. It's not too late. You can still turn back. Just let me go. Please. I'm begging you.

Hanbin remains rooted in his place despite Jennie's pleas. He looks at the tied up brunette before him and breaks into an emotional mess. 

Hanbin: I can't betray him Jennie-ah. Despite everything he's done, he's the person who had saved me from my misery. If it weren't for him I would've died on the streets long ago. 

Jennie releases a growl filled with frustration.

Jennie: But don't you get it?! He's a monster! He only saved you for his own personal gain! How can you be so blinded by that?! He'll discard of you once you have no more use! He was willing to betray his own best friends Hanbin-ah! He's planning on killing my father tonight if you don't help me stop him! Seungri will only commit more crimes if you let him!

Hanbin falls to ground lost in his own thoughts. Jennie took this as a sign of weakness in the former's resolve and continues to try to get through to him.

Jennie: Listen to me Hanbin-ah. That man isn't who you think he is. He's a monster. You can't let him continue to use you like this. 

Hanbin clutched his head in frustration as he tries to block out Jennie's voice that continues to feed onto his doubts. He didn't want it to turn out like this. 

Jennie wasn't supposed to get caught up in the middle of this mess.

Hanbin: I... I...

Jennie: Look at me Hanbin-ah! Look at me! 

The older boy lifts his head and shifts his eyes towards the brunette.

Jennie: You're better than this okay? You're better than Seungri! You're not like him. So please! Help me save my father! Let me go!

Hanbin gazes at Jennie with conflicted eyes as he contemplated on what to do. 

He didn't want to hurt Jennie, but he didn't want to betray the man who had not only raised him but was also the person who had saved him from his past. 

Hanbin: There's nothing left for me Jennie-ah. Hes all I have. If I help you, I'll go to jail. I'll lose everything. 

Jennie: You still have me Hanbin-ah. You'll still have me as your friend when all of this is over. I'll wait for you. If you help me, your sentence will be reduced. But if you keep going further with Seungri's plans you won't be able to redeem yourself. 

Hanbin stays silent as he remains glued to his spot. 

Another shot rang out within the building which caused another set of tears to rush down Jennie's face. 

Her panic increases by each second as different scenarios of her father lying dead on the ground circulated through her head. 

Jennie: Hanbin please.

The elder boy after few moments of silence slowly stands up from his spot. 

He continues to stare at Jennie but now with a different set of emotions written in his face. His eyes hardened as he wipes away his tears and straightens  up his posture.

Hanbin: I'm sorry Jennie-ah.

 

•••

 

Jisoo rushes through the eerily dark building as quietly and quickly as her feet could take her. 

Despite the fear that she felt with every passing second, she continued to have faith that everything will turn out alright in the end. 

She hastily quickens her pace as soon as her senses caught on to the voices located somewhere to the right of her position.

Her ears tuned in to the voices as she tries to locate where Jiyong or possibly Jennie might be. 

Jisoo switches the gun within her right hand to her left to avoid having it slip from her sweaty palms.

Her nerves were all over the place as she tries to keep a levelheaded mind. 

She needed to play her cards carefully if she wanted to get everyone out of this alive. The raven slows down her pace and quickly hides behind a tower of crates as she spots a silhouette surrounded by a horde of men dressed in black. 

Immediately recognizing the lone silhouette to be Jiyong, Jisoo silently curses to herself knowing that it will just be the two of them against everyone else.

She needed to form a plan and quick. 

Glancing up, she saw Seungri's figure make his way through the ring of men. Her blood boils at the sight of the man who she once considered her family. Her heart felt like it was being pierced by a thousand needles as she watches Seungri. 

The elder man's betrayal had hurt her more deeply than she had let on. 

He had used her, lied to her, hurt her and her family. He was the monster who had murdered her parents.

She clenches her fists together as she carefully watches the sly fox talk with Jiyong.

There was no time for a plan as she saw Seungri pull out a gun from his coat. Before the elder could pull the trigger, Jisoo emerges from her hiding spot and immediately points her gun at Seungri. 

She fires a shot in which it merely misses the intended target due to her inexperience with the gun. 

However, the shot manages to accomplish her goal, which was to draw Seungri's attention towards her. 

Jiyong's face morphs into a shocked expression to see that Jisoo had managed to follow him. He curses to himself for being so careless. Now he had placed not only himself, but also his daughter as well as Jisoo in danger. 

Jiyong: Jisoo! I told you not to follow me!

Jisoo takes her attention off of Seungri for a brief moment as she glances towards Jiyong's direction.

Jisoo: I can't let you do this alone.

Before the older Kim could reply, Seungri releases a bemused laugh. Instead of shock, he wore a rather delighted expression at Jisoo's presence.

Seungri: Thank you for making this easier for me my dear niece. Now that I have the you and Jiyong here, I can eliminate you both at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone.

Jisoo scoffs as she tightens her grip on the gun.

Jisoo: Not if I have anything to say about it. 

Seungri releases another laugh as he shakes his head.

Seungri: We both know that you don't have the will to pull that trigger Jisoo. 

Jisoo: And what makes you so sure of that? You lied to me. You kidnapped my wife and tried to murder her father. You schemed to take my company away from me. YOU. KILLED. MY. PARENTS. I have every reason to kill you!

Hearing the sudden rage and murderous tone in the younger's voice, Seungri begins to doubt his assumption as he realizes that he had underestimated Jisoo. 

Despite his fear, Seungri's expression remains the same as his lips suddenly forms in a victorious smirk. 

Seungri: Have you forgotten that your precious Jennie's life is still within my hands? I would suggest you put that gun down before you do something you would regret my dear niece.

Jisoo: Don't you dare! Don't you dare call me that!

Seungri chuckles softly as he points his gun towards Jiyong.

Seungri: Would you rather I kill him first?

Jisoo's hand shakes in anger as glances between Seungri and Jiyong. She knew that she was at a disadvantage. She was out of options. The only thing she could do now was to stall for time until Kai and the cops arrive. 

The raven clenches her jaw as she slowly lowers the gun in her hand. 

Jisoo: Do you really have no shame or guilt? How can you even think of killing your best friend without batting an eye? How could you have killed two innocent people without being consumed by guilt for all of these years? 

Seungri shrugs nonchalantly as looks into Jisoo's eyes.

Seungri: Power. Money. For these two things, I'm willing to do anything. Your father was too nosy for his own good. He should've just kept his mouth shut. If he had only kept his silence and let me continue with my business, then he would've ended up with a different fate. 

Jisoo shakes her head in disbelief as tears rolled down her face.

Jisoo: You're willing to throw everything away just for money and power? How could you even say such a thing?

Seungri opens his mouth to reply to Jisoo's questions when he was suddenly caught off guard by Jiyong launching his body at him. 

Jisoo's eyes widened as she watches the two elder men wrestle over the gun. 

She made a move to run over and help Jennie's father when a sudden force landed on her back and knocked her down onto her knees. 

All the air seemed to have been out of her chest as her body hunches over in pain. 

She glances up to see one of Seungri's men holding a broken stick in his hand.

She releases a few wheezed coughs before slowly getting back on her feet. 

Jiyong and Seungri were still engulfed in their battle. However, Jiyong had fortunately managed to knock the gun out of Seungri's hand. 

Feeling slightly more reassured, Jisoo shifts her attention back towards the men before her. Without sparing another thought, she launches herself towards one them and er punched him across the jaw. 

Seeing their comrade fall down, the other men immediately rushes towards Jisoo. 

The raven had managed to hold herself against her bigger opponents, receiving only a few bruises before returning a storm of punches and kicks of her own. 

She was gaining the upper hand when a blinding pain had erupted inside her head. All the energy and fight had been out of her as she sinks down onto her knees.

Releasing a cry of pain, she doubles over and clutches her throbbing head.

As the brutes were closing in on Jisoo, Seungri had managed to kick Jiyong off of him and scrambled for the gun. 

Everything seemingly passed by in slow motion as a second gunshot rang throughout the warehouse. 

Jisoo fought through the pain that clouded her mind and glances up to see Kai rushing towards them, a unit of police officers trailing behind him. 

The attention of the men surrounding Jisoo were no longer focused on her. Releasing a string of curses, the leader of the brutes shouts out a command as they all charged towards the team of cops. 

Jisoo manages to crack a smile at sight, feeling her tension slowly ease away. 

However, her happiness didn't last long as she spots Seungri scramble towards his gun at the corner of her eye. 

She then glances at Jiyong who was still recovering from the kick that Seungri had delivered him just a few moments ago. 

Without a second thought, Jisoo gathered up all the strength she had left in her pain wracked body and launched herself at Seungri before he could release the fatal bullet. 

Jisoo fought with all of strength, but Seungri had managed to get the upper hand due to her weakened state. 

Seungri managed to roll them both over so that he was the one on top. 

The elder man rammed the of his gun into the raven's head leaving her dazed from the pain. 

Seungri: Are you ready to join your parents my dear niece? 

Jisoo found herself unable to focus on man before her. Her vision blurs as the pain in her head intensified.

Jisoo: W-where's Jennie?

Seungri releases an amused chuckle as he points the gun to Jisoo's temple.

Seungri: You're about to die and yet those are your final words? 

Jisoo clenches her teeth together as she forces her eyes to remain focused on the enemy on top of her. She can't fall asleep. Not until she knew that Jennie was safe.

Jisoo: I asked you. Where. Is. Jennie?

Seungri's lips cracked into a satisfied smirk as he leans down towards Jisoo's ear.

Seungri: She's. Dead.

The two words were all it took to send a burst of adrenaline to rush through Jisoo's veins as head butted Seungri's head and manages to shove the elder man beneath her. 

The raven grabbed onto Seungri's collar as she slams him roughly against the ground.

Jisoo: TELL ME WHERE SHE IS?!

Seungri's smirk only twisted into a victorious smile as he gazed into Jisoo's murderous eyes. He knew he had the upper hand. 

Seungri: I'll tell you where she is... if you let me go. 

"JISOO!"

The raven whips her head towards the familiar voice as she spots Jennie's figure running towards her.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah...

Jisoo's grip falters a bit in which Seungri immediately takes advantage of it. He pushes Jisoo off of him and the gun in the raven's direction.

Dazed from the fall, Jisoo tries to shake away the pain that had returned to her head. 

She could only make out the point of a gun pointed at her. However, she no longer had the strength to fight back. 

Before Seungri could pull the trigger, Jennie had thrown herself in front of the older girl, using her body to shield Jisoo's.

*BANG* 

Everything froze. It's as if time had just stopped in that moment as the sound of the gunshot rang out. 

Jisoo wrapped her arms protectively around Jennie's body as she glances up into Seungri's startled eyes. 

The elder man's arm slowly dropped to his as he looks down towards his torso. A warm red liquid quickly spreads across his chest as he falls to the ground.

Jennie slowly pulls away from Jisoo's embrace as she glances towards Seungri's motionless body. 

She then looks towards the person who had fired the shot and gives him a nod of gratitude.

Jennie: Thank you. 

Hanbin returns the brunette a small smile. 

Hanbin: Take good care of yourself okay?

Jennie nodded.

Kai and the cops had managed to contain and capture the men involved in the kidnapping as they started to lead them outside towards the squad cars.

Hanbin slowly backs away as he headed over towards a policeman and allowed himself to be cuffed and taken away as well.

Jisoo stares at Hanbin in confusion before looking back towards Jennie.

Turning the younger girl towards her, Jisoo examines her face as she looked around for any injuries.

Jisoo: Are you okay Jendeuk?

Jennie's eyes glistens with tears as she stares at Jisoo's pale faces

Jennie: I'm okay. Are—

Before Jennie could finish her words, Jisoo suddenly clenches her eyes shut as she releases a cry of pain. The raven falls to the ground as a pounding headache invades her brain.

Jennie's eyes widen with shock as she watches her wife collapse onto the ground.

Jennie: Jisoo! Oh my go Jisoo! What's wrong?! Don't scare me Jisoo! Please! Jisoo!

The brunette glances around the building as she searches for a person to help to her. 

Her eyes land on Jiyong's as rivers of tears begin to flow down her cheeks.

Jennie: Appa help! Help me appa!

The elder Kim was quick to react as he immediately reaches into his pocket for his phone. He calls for an ambulance before rushing over towards his daughter.

Jennie: Why did you come? Why didn't you just stay at the hospital?

Jisoo manages to crack a smile amidst her pain as she raises a hand to wipe Jennie's tears.

Jisoo: You're my wife. If I don't save you, who will?

The raven's words caused a new wave of tears to rush down Jennie's face. Despite her efforts, Jisoo found it difficult to keep her eyes open. 

However, seeing that both Jennie and Jiyong were safe and unharmed, she finally allowed her eyes to close as the darkness took over. 

 

ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT! 🥳