End

Don't Deserve You

 

Three Years Later~

Jennie took one last glance at herself in the mirror. She smooths out the last few wrinkles that were on her black dress before putting on her coat. 

The brunette wore little to no makeup, only touching up her face with some blush and light lipstick. 

She gives herself a small smile as she gazes at her reflection in the mirror. 

Chaeyoung: You're going to see her?

Jennie turns around to face the tall Australian. She gives her a small smile before nodding in reply.

Jennie: Are you coming?

Chaeyoung returns the older girl a sad smile and shook her head.

Chaeyoung: I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

Jennie: I understand.

Chaeyoung forces a smile as she gazed into Jennie's eyes.

Chaeyoung: I miss her. It's weird not having her around.

Jennie returns the smile as she shifts her eyes away from the strawberry blonde.

Jennie: Me too.

The brunette blinks away the wetness in her eyes as she tries to steer the conversation elsewhere.

Jennie: So, only a month left until your wedding with Lalisa. How do you feel?

Chaeyoung smiles softly as she glances down at the ring on her finger.

Chaeyoung: So fortunate. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I honestly can't wait till she officially becomes mine forever.

Jennie returns the Australian's smile as she felt a bundle of happiness envelop her as she listens to the younger's words.   

Although her heart may be aching, she was truly happy for both of her friends.

Jennie: I'm glad that you two found each other.

Chaeyoung nodded.

Chaeyoung: Me too.

The Australian takes a look at her watch before shooting Jennie another smile.

Chaeyoung: It's getting late, you should probably start heading out unnie. Just remember to make it back in time for my engagement party. I'll let everyone know where you'll be.

Jennie smiles before nodding her head assuredly.

Jennie: Wouldn't miss it. I'll see you later Chaeyoung-ah. 

Jennie watches as the younger girl disappears from the room before turning back to look at her reflection in the mirror.

The brunette takes in a deep breath and soothes out the wrinkles in her outfit one last time.

She smiles softly to herself in the mirror as she blinks away the tears that brimmed her eyes before leaving the room as well.

 

•••

 

Jennie had been anxiously standing in line for the past hour as she planned out everything she wanted to say over and over in her head. 

There was only one person left in front of her and she still didn't know what to say. 

Her palms were sweaty and her hands were slightly trembling as she held the book. She was a mess. 

"Next!"

The anxious brunette's head jerks up as she heard the shout of the security guard in front of her. It was finally her turn. 

However for some reason, her feet remained glued to their spot as Jennie stood frozen in place.

For the past 3 years she has been waiting for this moment. But yet now her feet won't even listen to her and obey her command to move forward.

"Excuse me Miss! I'm gonna have to ask you to step out of line if you're not gonna move!"

Jennie immediately snapped out of her thoughts and swallowed the burning fear flaring within her. It's now or never.

Her feet finally budged from their spot as she takes a step forward. Her hands trembled and her legs felt wobbly.

However her eyes were only glued onto the person sitting at the table in front of her. 

It's been 3 years but it felt like an eternity since Jennie had last seen her.

The raven's head was turned away from her as she chatted with one the staff from the event. Jennie could feel the butterflies fluttering in her stomach as a laughter erupted from the raven's mouth. 

It's been awhile since Jennie had heard her laugh like that.

The brunette's heart throbbed painfully as each step brought her closer towards the love of her life. 

Her feet finally came to a stop as she now stood in front of Jisoo. The older girl stops her conversation before turning her face towards Jennie and gives her a bright smile.

Jisoo: Hello, it's nice to meet you.

Jennie stood frozen in her place. She couldn't bring herself to believe that this was happening right now. For the past 3 years she has been dreaming of this day. Different scenarios of how she would meet Jisoo again ran through her head each night as she lay in her bed. 

But now that she was actually in front of her, it all felt too good to be true. 

A soft chuckle from the raven snaps Jennie away from her thoughts.

Jisoo: You can take a seat you know.

A blush rises in Jennie's face as she realized that she was still standing. Embarrassingly, she takes a seat in front of Jisoo.

Jennie: It's like a dream.

Jisoo: I can assure you that this is real.

Jennie gives the raven a startled face after realizing that she had said that out loud.

Jennie: I-I...

Jisoo chuckles as she mistook Jennie's shocked face for someone who was excited to meet her.

Jisoo: No need to be so anxious. Just act like I'm one of your friends. 

Jennie swallows nervously as she releases an awkward chuckle.

Jennie: Sorry, I'm just... a really big fan.

Jisoo's eyebrow raises in amusement at Jennie's response.

Jisoo: You don't say. You like my books?

Jennie releases another laugh and nodded in response.

Jennie: You're actually my favorite author. But why do you seem so surprised that I like your books? Clearly you have a lot of fans. 

Jisoo chuckles softly and shrugs her shoulder. A smirk plays on the raven's lips as she gazes teasingly into Jennie's eyes.

Jisoo: You see a lot of people are just my fans because of my looks. They don't really care about the writing. 

Jennie returns the older girl a smile as she sets the book onto the table.

Jennie: Well I'm a fan of your writing and your looks.

Jisoo an eyebrow as her smirk forms into a grin.

Jisoo: Did you just admit that you're attracted to me?

Jennie smiles sadly as she held Jisoo's gaze.

Jennie: You remind me of someone I know.

Jisoo chuckles at Jennie's reply as she pulls the brunette's book towards her.

Jisoo: Who should I make this out to?

Jennie: Jennie.

Jisoo smiles and begins to sign the book before glancing back at Jennie.

Jisoo: Is it okay for me to ask who?

Jennie stays silent for a moment before replying.

Jennie: My wife.

The raven smiles as she continues to sign the book.

Jisoo: So you're married. 

Jennie: Yeah, I am.

Jisoo closes the book before sliding it back towards Jennie.

Jisoo: It's too bad then. You're wife is lucky to have you.

Jennie smiles as she tries to keep her tears at bay.

Jennie: Thank you.

Jisoo returns her smile before furrowing her eyebrows together a bit.

Jisoo: Why... are you crying?

Jennie silently curses at herself for allowing her emotions to get the best of her. She hurriedly wipes the tears away as she plastered on a smile.

Jennie: I'm just happy to have finally met you.

Jisoo tilts her head to the side and gives the brunette a small smile before reaching behind her to grab a box of tissues. 

She pulls one out and hands it to Jennie. 

Jisoo: Here.

Jennie laughs softly and takes the tissue from the raven's hand. 

Jennie: Thank you.

The older girl nodded and returns her a small smile.

Jennie finishes up with wiping her face before glancing back down at the book. She hesitates for a bit and ran her hand over the cover.

Jennie: Can I ask you something?

Jisoo nodded as she gestures for Jennie to continue.

The younger girl looks up into Jisoo's eyes as her hands held on to the book.

Jennie: Why did you decide to write a happy ending for this book? 

Jennie's question threw Jisoo off guard as the raven found herself unable to answer it. 

Jisoo: I don't know actually.... I guess as a writer, I have the power to write my own story the way I want it to. And I want to give it a happy ending. Just like...

The raven trails off as she suddenly lost her train of thought. She furrows her eyebrows together as she tries to piece back together what she was about to say. 

After a few seconds she decides to brush it off and returns her attention towards Jennie who now had more tears streaming down her face. 

Jisoo frowns at the sight as a soft ache gnaws at her heart.

Jisoo: You're crying again. 

Jennie touches her face and was startled to find tears once again at singing her cheeks. She chuckles nervously as she dabs the droplets away.

Jennie: Sorry. I must be on my period or something.

Jisoo chuckles lightly as she hands the younger girl another tissue. 

Jennie quickly wipes her face before getting up from her seat.

Jennie: I should probably get going now. I've held up the line for quite some time. Your manger doesn't seem to be too happy with it either.

Jisoo smiles and nodded in agreement.

Jisoo: I hope to see you again at my next fan sign Jennie. 

The brunette chuckles lightly and smiles in return.

Jennie: Me too. 

Jisoo sat in her seat quietly as she watches Jennie turn away. For some reason, her heart starts to ache as if it didn't want the pretty brunette to leave.

Jisoo: Hey Jennie?

Jennie turns back around to face Jisoo.

Jennie: Yeah?

The raven's eyebrows crinkle a bit as she gazes at the brunette's face that somehow seems so achingly familiar to her.

Jisoo: Have... we ever met before?

Jennie smiles sadly as another tear slips from her eye.

Jennie: No. We haven't.

Without saying another word, the brunette turns away and disappears into the crowd. A frown forms on Jisoo's lips as she stares at the spot that Jennie stood only moments ago. 

Jennie.

 

•••

 

3 Years Ago~

Hospital

Jennie: How is she?

Changmin gazes around the room at the 6 pairs of eyes that were fixated on him.

Heaving out sigh he shakes his head before giving the bittersweet news.

Changmin: The surgery was a success... however because the survival rate was so low we had some major complications during the surgery. So even though she survived, Jisoo has a long way to go until she is fully recovered. Along with that, she no longer has any recollection of her memories.

Jennie: What?

Changmin: I'm so sorry.

Chaeyoung glances worriedly at Jennie before turning back towards Changmin.

Chaeyoung: She'll gain her memories back though, right oppa?

Changmin shakes his head unsurely.

Changmin: Nothing is for sure. But it's very unlikely. I'd say the possibilities are about 30 percent.

Hearing the news, Jennie immediately drops to the ground as all the energy seemed to have sapped from her body. 

Jiyong bends down towards the ground as he places a comforting hand on his daughter's shoulder.

Jennie: She's not gonna remember me. After everything we've been through. After fighting so hard for her to come back to me. I ended up losing her anyways.

Lisa also crouches down next to her best friend as she wrapped her arms around the older girl.

Lisa: Oh unnie. It's all gonna be okay. We'll figure something out. 

Changmin gazes at Jennie with pity knowing how much more hurt she would be in if he had told her about Jisoo's other health conditions. He had withheld it in order to give the younger girl some more time to process the tragic news now.

Turning towards Suho, he gestures for the latter to follow him towards a more secluded hallway.

Suho: What else aren't you telling us?

Changmin heaves out a sigh as he rubs his eyes tiredly.

Changmin: Jisoo can't stay here in Korea. We have to move her over to the States where she can start on her treatment and recovery. And in order to do that she cannot have anything else on her mind. 

Suho's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

Suho: What do you mean? If we want her to recover her memories, shouldn't we let her stay here where all her loved ones are? It's the best thing we can do with someone who's lost all their memories.

Changmin shakes his head as he runs a hand through his hair.

Changmin: It's not that simple Junmyeon. One of the reasons why Jisoo had lost all her memories is due to trauma and built stress and anxiety from a long period of time. If we don't let her memories naturally come back on it's own, it might cause a major setback on her recovery progress. 

Suho: So what? We're just gonna send her over there and act like she's not a part of our lives anymore? Should we just forget about her too then?

Changmin shakes his head as he places a hand on Suho's shoulder.

Changmin: I know it's difficult to process, but you have to understand Junmyeon. We need Jisoo to just focus solely on her recovery right now. We can't have anything that might trigger her memories and have it all come rushing back at once. Doing so will only further complicate things and cause more trauma and damage to her brain.

The younger doctor's shoulders sagged as he felt the energy seep away from his body. 

Suho: So what do we do?

Changmin: For now, we send her over to the States to your family's hospital. I'll talk to your father and ask him to have my mentor be in charge of Jisoo's care. Once she's fully recovered, we'll find a way to slowly bring back her memories. 

Suho nods his head weakly as agrees with Changmin's plan.

Suho: We'll do as you say then. 

 

•••

 

Present~

Lisa: Jennie unnie! You're finally here! 

Jennie smiles as she handed her friend the present in her hand. 

Jennie: Congratulations Lili!

The Thai smiles as she led the older girl inside. The engagement party had only just started and guests were still arriving at the entrance.

Lisa: Guess who finally showed up?!

Jennie's smile brightens upon the the familiar faces of her friends. 

Jennie Hey guys!

The brunette makes her way over towards the bar and gives Chaeyoung and Soojoo a warm hug before moving onto Suho and Changmin. 

Jennie: It feels like I haven't seen you all since forever.

Soojoo chuckles as she hands Jennie a glass of champagne.

Soojoo: It has been a while. 

Suho releases a light chuckle and nods in agreement.

Suho: Too long. How have you been?

Jennie: Good actually. The bakery has been gaining more customers as the days pass by.

Changmin laughs as he releases an awed sigh.

Changmin: I still can't believe you stepped down from being the CEO of Dream K.

The brunette shrugs nonchalantly as she releases a soft laugh of her own.

Jennie: Chaeyoung was more fit to run it that I am anyways.

Lisa smiles as she wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung's waist.

Lisa: My fiancée is pretty amazing isn't she?

Chaeyoung blushes a little while Soojoo only rolled her eyes playfully at the loving couple.

Soojoo: Gosh, save that for your wedding vows.

Everyone erupted in laughter at her teasing comment before deciding to clink their glasses together for the happily engaged couple. 

Changmin: A toast for the happy couple.

Everyone: Cheers!

 

•••

 

Jennie was making her way back towards her house from Lisa and Chaeyoung's party. She hums a soft melody as she walked along the quiet streets of the neighborhood. 

After Jisoo had left for the States for her treatment, Jennie decided to continue living in their house and wait for the older girl to one day come back home despite her parents disagreement.

She knew that it might never happen, but she continued to have hope anyway. 

Living in the house allowed her to at least have a piece of Jisoo with her. It was the house that they had both lived in once. The house just had too many happy memories of them for her to just it give up.

The brunette heaves out a sigh before making her way towards the front porch of her home.

However what she sees startled her as she freezes in her spot. 

There, sitting on the steps of the porch, was none other than Jisoo. The raven seemed calm as she sat patiently waiting for Jennie. 

When Jennie had finally regained control of her senses, she swallows away all of her fears and nervousness before slowly walking over towards Jisoo.

The older girl remains silent as Jennie awkwardly takes a seat beside her.

After the brunette was settled down, the two continued to sit there in silence as they gazed into each other's eyes. 

Finally, a flash of movement caught Jennie's eyes as her gaze shifted towards Jisoo's hand.

The raven was holding onto a small velvet box. As she moves to open it, Jennie releases a slight gasp when she's sees the two familiar JJ 4 EVA rings resting inside. 

Tears formed in the brunette's eyes as she gazes at the two beautiful rings in front of her.

Jisoo sets the box on the porch in the small space between them before slowly sliding the box over towards Jennie.

The tears made its way down the younger's face as she lifted her gaze to meet Jisoo's. The raven gives the brunette a soft smile as she returns her gaze. 

With just one look into Jisoo's eyes, Jennie already knew. 

Slowly, her lips also forms into a smile as she looks back at Jisoo with a newfound spark of happiness.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

AND THAT'S A WRAP! 🤪

I just want to give a MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who has continued to stick with this story until the very end! I know how difficult it must've been for you all as you waited forever for my updates. But "Don't Deserve You" is finally finished and I hope that the ending was able to satisfy everyone and made it worth the wait. 💗

If not then I totally understand hahaha! I know that my writing still has a long way to go and I promise to work harder and to come back with better stories and writing! You guys are the best readers that I could ever hope for and I hope that I didn't let any of you down. I want you all to know how much I appreciate you and that you were the reason that I was able to hang on until the very end and finish this story. 😭💜💜

Once again THANK YOU everyone! It has been quite a journey writing this book. I love every single one of you and I hope to see you all again in my upcoming stories!!! 🥰🥰🥰