Chapter 3

Don't Deserve You

 

Today is Jisoo's first day of working with Jennie. They'll be discussing plans for the resort in her office before heading off to look at some sites that might be suitable for building the resort.

Jisoo was currently sitting in her office waiting for Jennie's arrival.

She took a glance at her watch and noticed that the latter is 5 minutes late. Shaking her head she smiled to herself.

'Always the same Jendeuk.'

Suddenly the door burst open and Jennie rushed in. 

Jennie: I'm sorry for arriving late Miss Kim. I'm still trying to adjust to the time change.

Jisoo: It's alright. Please, take a seat.

Jennie set down some documents in the table before taking a seat herself. The 2 girls sat in awkward silence before Jisoo suggested that they start with business.

They spent an hour cooped inside the office speaking of plans for the resort when Jisoo's phone started to ring.

Jisoo took a look at her phone and realized that it was Suho. Looking at Jennie, she shot her an embarrassed smile.

Jisoo: I'm sorry Miss Kim but I have to take this.

Jennie: There's no need to apologize Miss Kim. Answer your call.

Jisoo nodded before excusing herself from the room. Once she was outside the door she picked up the phone.

Suho: Hello? Jisoo?

Jisoo: It's me Oppa. Do you need anything?

Suho: Just checking up on you. Have you taken your medicine?

Jisoo nodded but remembered that the latter couldn't see her through the phone.

Jisoo: I did.

Suho: That's good then.

Jisoo: When will you be back from the States?

Suho: I'm not sure. My father still needs some help with a few of his patients., and there are a few surgeries I need to complete.  

Jisoo: Alright. When you get back give me a call and we'll grab dinner along with Chaeyoung to catch up.

Suho: Sounds great Chu. Listen I gotta go, I just wanted to call and check up on you.

Jisoo: Thanks Oppa, but I'm fine. 

Suho: Ok I'll call you some other time.

Jisoo: Alright Oppa, remember to not stay up too late alright?

Suho chuckled through the phone.

Suho: I know, and same goes for you too CEO Kim.

Jisoo: Hmmm.

Suho: Alright then, bye Chu.

Jisoo: Take care Oppa.

Jisoo walked back into the room and saw that Jennie was texting someone. The latter heard Jisoo walk in and immediately put her phone away.

Jennie: Have you finished your phone call?

Jisoo: Yeah, sorry again for the interruption.

Jennie: It's fine. While you were gone I finished up everything else, so we can head to the sites right now.

Jisoo: Gosh she you didn't have to do that. I feel bad for answering that call now.

Jennie: It's fine. It really wasn't that hard.

Jisoo nodded.

Jisoo: But anyways. Thank you Miss Kim.

Jennie just returned a small but forced smile, which didn't go unnoticed by Jisoo.

Again they were enveloped in an awkward silence. Jisoo cleared .

Jisoo: I'll give Chaeyoung a call and we can head to the sites.

Jennie: Uh yes. That sounds great.

Jisoo took her phone out and dialed Chaeyoung's number. 

Jisoo: Chaeyoung-ah, can you make a call to Park ahjussi to come pick us up?

Chaeyoung: Sure Unnie. Are you and Jennie done with the documents?

Jisoo: Yeah.

Chaeyoung: Ok then. I'll pack my things and meet you by the entrance.

Jisoo: Alright. Nyongan.

Jisoo ended the call and turned to face Jennie.

Jisoo: She said to she'll meet us at the entrance.

Jennie: We should get going then.

Jisoo nodded. Grabbing her jacket, she led Jennie out.

The 2 walked down the corridor in silence. Approaching the elevator which was about to close, Jisoo ran towards it, and held it open by using her hand.

Her employees bowed upon seeing her, and she returned their gestures with a smile.

Jennie came out from behind her and greeted everyone. Because it was full, the 2 had to be crammed in the back. 

Jisoo felt Jennie's hand touching hers. She tried to restrain herself from grabbing the younger girl's hand. 

Jennie on the other hand felt herself tense up as she was standing next to Jisoo. 

She tried to look anywhere but towards Jisoo's direction, which was difficult since they were literally stuck next to each other. Fortunately, the elevator stopped and everyone cleared out. Jennie cleared , and stepped out as well.

Jisoo followed her out when her phone rang. 

Jisoo: Hello?

Chaeyoung: Unnie it's me.

Jisoo: We're by the entrance right now. Just give us a minute.

Chaeyoung: I can't make it Unnie. You and Jennie are going alone, something came up.

Jisoo: Is everything ok?

Chaeyoung: Of course. I'll tell you about it later though.

Jisoo: Ok. Bye Chaeng.

Chaeyoung: I'll see you.

Jisoo ended the call and looked up at Jennie.

Jisoo: Chaeyoung can't make it so I'm afraid it's just us 2.

Jennie: Oh it's fine. Is something the matter?

Jisoo shrugged.

Jisoo: I'm not sure, but she says she'll catch me up on it later.

Jennie nodded in reply. 

Jisoo: Come on. The car's outside, we should get going.

Jennie  waited for Jisoo to lead the way before following the latter out to the car.

 

•••

 

The drive was long and silent. Once they approached the sites, Jennie quickly stepped out the car to escape the awkward silence.

Jisoo thanked Mr. Park before exiting as well.

Walking to stand besides Jennie who was busy surveying the land she asked.

Jisoo: What do you think? In my opinion this is the most suitable place to build the resort.

Jennie nodded in approval.

Jennie: It's perfect actually. 

She turned to face Jisoo.

Jennie: How did you find it?

Jisoo looked down before replying.

Jisoo: I actually found this place and bought it awhile ago in order to build something and gift it to my parents on the anniversary of Dream.

Jennie suddenly felt bad that Jisoo was giving her this land.

Jennie: You don't have to this Miss Kim. We can find another place.

The older girl shook her head.

Jisoo: It's fine, there's no use for it anymore...

Jennie: But—

Jennie was then cut off by Jisoo before she could even protest.

Jisoo: I said it's fine Miss Kim.

Jennie stayed quiet before excepting the offer.

Jennie: Thank you. For this, and everything.

The latter gave her a sad smile.

Jisoo: It's my pleasure.

The 2 walk around the site in silence before Jennie asked.

Jennie: How are your parents by the way?

The latter didn't think that it was too much of a personal question, since it was out of respect for the former CEOs of Dream.

There was also the fact that she had a deep respect for Jisoo's parents from when they were still dating. 

Jennie glanced at Jisoo waiting for her to respond, but she stayed silent while staring at the ground. 

After a few moments the older girl looked up, eyes brimmed with tears that were threatening to fall.

Jisoo: They passed away.

The whisper of an answer was so small and quick that Jennie hoped she had misheard her. But by the look of Jisoo's face she knew that what she heard was correct.

Jennie: What? How? When? Why...

Jennie glanced at Jisoo's face, and what she saw broke her heart. 

The older girl had tears streaming down her face, her face looked so lost and vulnerable that any resentment Jennie had felt for the latter in that moment had totally vanished.

Jennie: Jisoo... I'm so sorry. 

Feeling the tears b in her own eyes, she pulled Jisoo in and enveloped her into her arms.

Jennie: It's ok, Chu. I got you.

Jisoo buried her face into Jennie's shoulder, clutching onto it for dear life. Jennie didn't know how to react. She was saddened to know about the passing of Jisoo's parents. They were good people---kind, fair, and never had grudges with anybody; just like Jisoo.

Shocked was another feeling she had felt. She still couldn't grasp around the fact that they were dead. Like how did they die, and when? 

'Why did it happen to them?'

Jennie looked at Jisoo. She knew that the older girl was a family oriented person, knew how much she had loved and respected her parents. Losing them must have been devastating. 

Jennie: Let's go home Jisoo-ah.

She led Jisoo into the car. Mr. Park looked at her and Jisoo worriedly and she silently assured him that Jisoo was fine.

He turned back around and started to drive. After a while, Jisoo had fallen asleep. Jennie was lost in her thoughts when Mr. Park spoke up.

Mr. Park: Did she tell you about the late Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

Jennie looked at him bewildered.

Mr. Park: Don't be shocked Miss. I care about Miss Jisoo dearly. When her parents had passed away the young Miss was completely broken. 

The elder heaved a deep sigh and shook his head before continuing.

Mr. Park: It was a tough time for her. I recall that the incident had happened in the same month that her girlfriend had suddenly left her as well. 

Jennie felt a pang of hurt within her heart as he had reminded her of the past.

Mr. Park: The poor thing, not to mention her health was already severe to begin with.... I'm sorry, I shouldn't be talking to you about this Miss. My deepest apologies.

Jennie gave him a slight smile, indicating that she doesn't hold him responsible for anything. But something was nagging at her. 'What had he meant by Jisoo's health being severe?'

She was sure that while dating the latter, she wasn't experiencing any illness. Her thoughts were interrupted as Jisoo's  head fell upon her shoulder. Jennie slowly lifted the older girl's head from her shoulder and placed it back on the seat.

She sent a text to Hanbin.

Jennie: Hey Binnie, I might be a little late today. Something came up with the CEO I'm working with so I'm talking her home.

Hanbin: Alright Jen. Just don't leave me waiting for too long alright? I miss you. :(

Jennie: Ok Binnie. I'll be there soon. Love you. <3

Hanbin: Love you too Jen.

Jennie hung up and turned to look at Jisoo who was still asleep.

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and remained silent.

 


~ Yes guys, it's another chapter! After posting Chapter 2, I couldn't help but get excited and wrote chapter 3 as well hahaha. Hopefully y'all would enjoy this chapter and that you enjoy reading this story so far. Comment, vote, subscribe! Love you guys, thank you! <3