The Smile In Your Eyes (Sneak Peak)

Don't Deserve You

 

Just a little present for my dear readers~ <3<3

Hope that this little sneak peak of my next book will sort of make up for all of the angst that has been going on in "Don't Deserve You" 🥰💙💜🥺

Here's a first look of the story that I'll be writing after Don't Deserve You! What do you guys think? There will be Lots of Angst!!! 🥰                           

 

--

December 24, 2000

It was Christmas Eve, the two Kim families, along with the Manoban family were enjoying a quiet dinner in one of the Manoban's residence.

While the adults were happily chattering about their latest business investments, Lisa, Jisoo, and Jennie had quietly snuck outside to play in the snow.

Jennie: Come catch me you guys!

Lisa: Is that a challenge Jennie Kim?

Jisoo: What do think we should do Lalisa? Should we show Princess Jendeukie that it's not okay to mess with the Lisoo duo?

Lisa releases a laugh.

Lisa: You don't know what you're asking for Jennie!

Jennie giggles as she picks up a snowball and aims it at Lisa's face. However, the ball had somehow curved midway and flew into Jisoo's face instead. 

The two younger girls burst into laughter as they stared at Jisoo's bewildered expression.

The older girl smirked playfully before picking up her own snowball and threw it at Jennie. Lisa followed suite and began hurling a snowball at Jisoo as well. 

Soon, the three friends were caught up in an invigorating snowball fight. They were making such a commotion that it had notified their parents from the inside.

The girls' parents shared a knowing look before Sandara (Jisoo's mom) asked Joohyun (Irene), Jisoo's older sister, to bring the younger girls inside.

Irene: You kids are always causing trouble. Hurry up and come in before you all get sick.

Jisoo: But Unnie~, we're having so much fun.

Irene shook her head.

Irene: Don't use your aegyo on me Kim Jisoo. It's not gonna work this time, the grownups want you all to come in.

Jennie: Aww man.

Lisa: No fair.

The three girls dropped the snowballs in their hands and begrudgingly trudged back towards the house.

As soon as they had set foot inside, they were quickly wrapped up in blankets by their parents and hurried towards the fireplace.

Chitthip (Lisa's mom): Aigoo, you kids are always so naughty. You could've gotten a cold!

Chaerin (Jennie's mom): Who's idea was it? When will you kids ever listen?

Jennie fiddled with her fingers, afraid to admit that she was the one who had suggested that they all went out into the snow to play.

Not wanting Jennie to get scolded, Jisoo decided to take the blame.

Jisoo: It was my idea Eomma-nim. I told Lisa and Jennie to come with me because I wanted to play in the snow. 

Sandara frowned at her daughter as she was wiping the snow off the younger's head.

Sandara: Jisoo~ you could've gotten yourself, as well as Lisa and Jennie sick. 

Jennie: It wasn't Jisoo—

Jisoo: I'm sorry Eomma. It won't happen again. 

Jisoo shook her head, assuring Jennie that it was alright. Tears started to form in the younger's eyes, but nonetheless she remained quiet.

Lisa decided to step in and help shoulder the blame for friend.

Lisa: It wasn't all Jisoo's fault Eomma-nim. Jennie and I had wanted to go too.

Jennie nodded as she began to wipe away her tears.

Jennie: Yeah, It was our fault too.

Jiyong (Jisoo's dad) releases a chuckle and placed a hand on his wife's shoulder.

Jiyong: It's okay yeobo (honey). The kids just wanted to have some fun. They're all okay aren't they.

Seunghyun (Jennie's dad): How about we settle this by opening presents early this year? It's almost midnight anyways. 

The little ones' eyes brightened up as they jumped up and down in excitement, causing the adults to forget about their anger.

Marco (Lisa's dad): Come on kids, let's gather around the tree, and I'll head in to make us all some hot cocoa.

Lisa and Jennie whooped in excitement as they rushed over towards the presents. Everyone else followed in after them except for Jisoo who pulled Irene back. The 13 year old looked down at her 5 year old sister, her face scrunched up with worry.

Irene: What's the matter Sooya?

Jisoo: I heard Jin oppa isn't coming home for Christmas. Is that true?

Irene releases a sigh as she ran her hand over Jisoo's hair. Jin was Jiyong and Sandara Kim's second child, and is 5 years older than Jisoo, making him only 3 years younger than Irene. About a year ago, he had moved over to States in order to focus more on his studies.

When Jin had departed for the States, he had left behind his dear younger sister who had cried for him everyday.

Irene: I'm sorry Jisoo. Because of the snow, Seokjin can't make it back in time. He's not gonna be able to spend Christmas with us.

Jisoo pouted.

Jisoo: That's too bad. I was so excited for Oppa to finally come home. I even made him a welcome home present. 

Irene smiles fondly at her younger sister. 

Irene: Don't be sad Sooya. Just wait for a few more days until the snow clears. Jin will be back in no time.

Jisoo: Okay.

Seeing that her younger sister was still disheartened, Irene bent down so that she was at Jisoo's height.

Irene: I'll tell you what. If you want, I can help you mail the present to him.

Jisoo's eyes sparkled at Irene's words.

Jisoo: Promise?

Irene: I promise. 

Jisoo smiled as she wrapped her arms around Irene.

Jisoo: You're the best Unnie!

Irene releases a chuckle.

Irene: And yet your oppa gets a present from you while I receive nothing?

Jisoo pulls back and immediately shakes her head.

Jisoo: Of course not! I made one for you too Unnie!

Irene smiles adoringly at her younger sister.

Irene: And what might that be?

Jisoo releases a fit of giggles as she shakes her head.

Jisoo: It's a surprise.

The older girl scoffs playfully as she wrapped her arm around Jisoo's shoulder. 

Irene: Come on then! I want to hurry over and receive my present!

 

•••

 

Jisoo held the present behind her back as she approaches Jennie. 

It was a special present, a charm bracelet that she had picked out especially for the younger girl, knowing very well that she had been wanting it for a while now. 

When she had finally built up the courage to hand Jennie the present, Lisa had also decided to reveal her present at the same time.

To their surprise, both girls had gotten Jennie the same exact bracelet.

Jennie was left speechless, deciding what she should due in her current situation.

After a bit of thinking, she breaks into a small smile and took the present from both Jisoo and Lisa's hands.

She took out the bracelets and placed one on her right arm and the other one on her left arm.

Raising both of her arms up, she smiles cheekily at her two friends. 

Jennie: One for each arm.

Jisoo was the first to break into a smile, not wanting to make everything more awkward than it already is.

Jisoo: Wow, I guess we both messed up this time Lalisa. 

Lisa breaks into a light chuckle at Jisoo's tease.

Lisa: Great minds think alike.

Jennie rolled her eyes at the two girls. However, she secretly smiled to herself, grateful that she had two amazing friends who cared so deeply for her.

Jennie: Thank you guys. I love it. And I love you both  even more.

Jisoo's cheeks turned a bright shade of red as Lisa clears nervously.

Jisoo: As long as you're happy Jendeukie.

Lisa: We love you too.

Jennie smiled brightly, feeling the happiest she's ever felt. She threw both of her arms around Jisoo and Lisa's shoulders, pulling them in for a hug.

Jennie: I hope that we'll be friends forever, and that I'll always have you both by my side.