Chapter 33

Don't Deserve You

 

3 months later 

Jisoo was reading over some documents on the couch as Jennie moped around aimlessly. It has been going on like this all morning, and Jennie was getting tired of being bored out of her mind.

The younger made her way over towards Jisoo and laid down on he older's lap.

Jisoo sets down her documents as she smiles down at Jennie, gently running her hand through the latter's hair.

Jisoo: Nyeongan Jendeukie. Is there anything you need?

Jennie: I'm bored Chu. Let's go somewhere fun.

Jisoo: It's too cold outside to go anywhere Jennie.

Jennie: But there's nothing to do at home.

Jisoo: How about we play some Mario Kart? It will help you get your mind off things for a while.

Jennie pouted.

Jennie: You know that I stink at that game Jisoo.

Jisoo: Yeah, but you're so cute whenever you get frustrated after losing the game.

Jennie: No. I don't want to play Mario Kart. I want to go somewhere fun.

Jisoo: It's freezing outside. What if you catch a cold.

Jennie pouted.

Jennie: Then I will have you to take care of me. Just like last time.

Jisoo smiles as she leans down and kisses the younger's forehead.

Jisoo: And what if I catch a cold? Will you take care of me as well?

Jennie: Of course. 

Jisoo stops brushing through Jennie's hair as she tries to come up with a way to help with Jennie's boredom. Suddenly an idea came into her mind as she looks down and smirks at Jennie.

Jisoo: I have the perfect idea.

Jennie: What idea?

Jisoo: Let's hang out with ChaengLisa.

Jennie lifted her eyebrows in confusion.

Jennie: ChaengLisa?

Jisoo shrugs her shoulder as she let out a soft giggle.

Jisoo: It's the ship name I made up for Chaeyoung and Lalisa. Cute right?

Jennie broke into a grin before playfully slapping the older girl's forehead.

Jennie: You're so childish.

Jisoo pouted.

Jisoo: You're just jealous of my intelligence.

Jennie: Yeah, I'm so jealous.

Jisoo: Anyways, do you wanna go?

Jennie nodded as she sat up from Jisoo's lap. The older girl smiles before heading over to grab her phone.

Jisoo: Why don't you go get ready and I'll give Chaeyoung a call.

Jennie nodded before heading up towards her room.

 

•••

 

Jisoo: Ahh~ Isn't this a great idea? I wonder who was the genius who had came up with it.

Jennie scoffs at Jisoo as she walked besides her. The 4 girls were strolling around at Everland, with Chaeyoung and Lisa swinging their grasped hands around happily as Jisoo and Jennie contently following behind them.

Chaeyoung would occasionally subtly turn around to peak at the two older girls.

She was still unsure about Jennie's intentions towards her friend. Had the latter really moved on from everything? She was just worried that Jisoo might get her heart broken again.

Jisoo: Chaeyoung-ah, if you keep turning around to look at me and Jennie then you'll end up breaking your neck by the time we get home!

Chaeyoung snaps out of her thoughts at the sound of Jisoo's teasing voice. 

She huffed out an annoyed breath before turning back around and started mumbling to herself. 

Chaeyoung: Stupid Jisoo unnie... I was just trying to look out for her. How can she talk to me like that? It's not like I want to stare at them anyway.

Lisa chuckled at her girlfriend and gave the girl a kiss on her cheek.

Lisa: Stop worrying Chaeng. Jennie is my best friend. I can tell that she's serious about giving Jisoo another chance.

Chaeyoung: How can you be so sure?

Lisa: Because I trust her. Because I know her, and she isn't that kind of person.

Chaeyoung: But—

Lisa: Hey, don't you trust me?

Chaeyoung turns around to look into Lisa's eyes and heaves out a sigh before giving in.

Chaeyoung: I do.

Lisa: Then believe me. Jennie Unnie is really serious about this. So can you maybe give her a chance as well? She's an amazing person Chaeng, you'll like her.

Chaeyoung remains silent for a moment before nodding in agreement.

Chaeyoung: I'll try.

Lisa smiled softly at the older before giving her another kiss.

Lisa: That's my girl. 

Chaeyoung smiles as hooks her arm around Lisa's and leans onto the latter's shoulder. 

The 2 continued to walk a bit more before Lisa stops in her tracks and turns around to face Jennie and Jisoo.

She shoots Jisoo a subtle wink, in which the latter nodded in agreement, seeming to understand her intention.

Lisa: Uhh, Jisoo unnie. I'm kind of hungry. Would you like to come with me to buy some food?

Jisoo: Sounds great. 

Jisoo turns to Jennie and gave the younger a small smile.

Jisoo: I'll be back in a bit Jendeuk-ah. Stay here with Chaengie okay?

Jennie: But—

Jisoo: Okay, great. Lalisa come on.

Lisa nodded before turning towards Chaeyoung's accusing face.

Chaeyoung: You're doing this on purpose.

Lisa: Now why would I do that?

Chaeyoung: Lalisa Manoban—

Lisa: I gotta go Chae. Jisoo unnie is waiting. Be nice to Jennie okay? Okay. I'll see you in a bit.

Before the latter could reply, Lisa and Jisoo had already took off towards another direction in order to give Chaeyoung and Jennie some time alone.

The two girls were engulfed in an uncomfortable silence before Jennie had decided to speak up.

Jennie: Look... I understand that you're not very fond of me... I don't know why, but I—

Chaeyoung: No.

Jennie stares at the younger girl with a confused expression.

Jennie: What?

Chaeyoung: I may dislike you. But, Jisoo unnie loves you... And I promised Lisa that I would try to get along with you... After I know that you are serious about Jisoo unnie.

Jennie heaves out a sigh and took a seat by a nearby bench. Chaeyoung stays in her spot for moment before heading over to sit down beside her.

Jennie: I don't know what you want me to prove, but I can assure you that I am serious about this.

Chaeyoung eyes the older girl suspiciously, still unconvinced.

Chaeyoung: Why though? I thought you hated Jisoo unnie. Now all of a sudden you just want to forget about everything and start over with her?

Jennie: It was... a difficult decision. I had spent the past few months weighing the choice in my head. I still haven't forgotten about everything but, I'm trying... 

Jennie takes a deep breath before continuing.

Jennie: Jisoo hurt me... a lot. And I hate her... a lot. But ever since I've met her again, she has proven to me over and over that she's still the same person that I had fallen in love with 7 years ago. I can't help it, but find myself still gravitating towards her. I thought that what I had felt for her was long gone. I thought that I loved Hanbin... But I realized that I was just lying to myself.

Jennie blinks a few times as she tries to contain her tears.

Jennie: The past years have been hell for me, but Hanbin's appearance had eased the pain. However I now realize that he didn't help me forget everything and move on. He only helped me bury my feelings and hide it within me. 

Jennie takes in another deep breath as a tear slips from her eye. 

Jennie: Everything, all of my buried emotions had resurfaced the moment I had seen Jisoo again. They were never gone, I was just too much of a coward to face everything. I admit, that I'm still unsure of what these feelings mean, or even if I'm in love with Jisoo. I still need time to figure things out. However, what I do know, is that I want to move on. Jisoo cheated on me, but I'll give her a second chance. I don't want to keep carrying around this resentment anymore. I... I think marrying Jisoo is life's way of telling me that it's time to let go. 

Chaeyoung closes her eyes in order to gather her thoughts.

She understood where Jennie was coming from. The older girl had also carried a lot of pain throughout the past 4 years.

And she couldn't hold Jennie accountable for everything that had happened. She wasn't the one who had caused Jisoo's heart disease.

Maybe it was Chaeyoung herself who was the irrational one for blaming Jennie.

Chaeyoung looks up and gazes into Jennie's eyes, and the younger girl could see the pain that reflected in the older's brown orbs.

Jennie: You're her best friend. Can you tell me that Jisoo won't betray me again? Can I let myself trust Jisoo again?

Chaeyoung stares speechlessly at the girl sitting before her. This wasn't the same girl who she had come to dislike. It wasn't the girl who had hurt Jisoo over and over again. But this was the girl who had also been hurt. The girl who was still haunted by her past. The girl who was still in pain... Just like Jisoo.

Chaeyoung felt a surge of guilt and sympathy wash over her at Jennie's question. After a few seconds, she brings herself to answer the older girl.

Chaeyoung: I can assure you, with all of my being, that Jisoo will never betray you. She never had and she never will. I know that it's hard to believe, but you have to trust her. One day, maybe she'll tell you everything... But for now, all I can tell you is that Jisoo unnie loves you. She loves you a lot. She would even die for you.

Jennie: I'm just afraid of being hurt again. 

Chaeyoung: I understand that. But for now, just be happy. I haven't seen Jisoo unnie this happy in while. You make her happy. And I hope you will be able to find happiness too. Like you said, this marriage is life's way of telling you to let go... So do it. Let go of the past, and live happily in the present. 

Jennie wipes away her tears before giving Chaeyoung a thankful smile. 

Jennie: Thank you for saying that Rosé. I really appreciate it.

Chaeyoung looked towards Jennie and gave her an apologizing smile.

Chaeyoung: I'm sorry if I had been hostile to you before. It's just... Jisoo unnie has been through a lot, more than you think you may know... And I guess I was just being so overprotective of her, I couldn't see how much you were hurting as well... 

Chaeyoung extends her arm in front of Jennie, and breaks into a genuine smile.

Chaeyoung: Can we start over?

Jennie returns the Chaeyoung's smile before taking a hold of the latter's hand.

Jennie: I'm Jennie Kim.

Chaeyoung: And I'm Rosé Park. However my friends call me Chaeyoung.

Jennie: It's nice to meet you Chaeyoung.

 

•••

 

Lisa and Jisoo came back 10 minutes later, each girl holding a stick of cotton candy in their hand.

Their face brightens up upon seeing Jennie and Chaeyoung chatting happily with each other.

Jisoo: You guys seem to be getting along well.

Both Chaeyoung and Jennie turn to see Jisoo and Lisa approaching them. Chaeyoung's face morphs into a frown upon seeing that there were only two sticks of cotton candy.

Chaeyoung: Yah, you guys didn't buy any for us?

Jisoo turns to look at Lisa as she was taking a bite from her cotton candy. The latter's eyes widened in realization as she turns back to her girlfriend with an apologizing look.

Lisa: Sorry Chaeng. We forgot.

With stuffed with the sweet candy, Jisoo nodded along.

Jisoo: Yeah, we didn't mean to. 

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes at the 2 girls before turning towards Jennie.

Chaeyoung: How do you think we should punish them Unnie?

Jennie let out a soft giggle and shrugged her shoulders.

Jennie: Maybe we should just ditch them and have fun on our own.

Chaeyoung let the thought settle for moment before nodding in agreement.

Chaeyoung: That sounds like a great idea.

Jisoo and Lisa shared a frantic look before turning back towards the two other girls.

Jisoo: You can't be serious!

Jennie shrugs her shoulders once more before standing up from her seat.

Jennie: Watch me.

She gives the two girls a smirk, before extending her arm towards Chaeyoung.

Jennie: Shall we Chaeyoung-ah?

Chaeyoung returns the older girl with a smile before hooking her arm with Jennie's.

Chaeyoung: Who needs cotton candy anyways. We can have fun on our own.

Jennie: Well said.

And with that the 2 girls started to walk away, leaving both Jisoo and Lisa behind who stared at them in bewilderment.

Jisoo: Unbelievable!

Lisa: Yah! Are you guys serious?!

Lisa's question was left ignored which annoyed her. Turning to Jisoo, she nudges towards the direction in which the other two had headed. 

Lisa: What do you say? Should we chase after our stingy partners?

Jisoo shrugs.

Jisoo: Can I finish my cotton candy first? 

Lisa rolled her eyes at the older girl before taking a hold of her arm and dragged her along.

Lisa: Come on Unnie, we cant lose them!

Jisoo: Yah, I'm trying to eat! Slow down!

 

•••

 

Hanbin makes his way down the hallway and stops in front of the doorway to his father's study.

Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself for the worst before knocking on the door.

Hanbin: Abeoji. It's me, Hanbin.

Abeoji: Come in.

Hanbin slowly allowed himself inside the dark room. His father was sitting at his desk at the center of the room. 

The elder man looks up upon Hanbin's entrance.

Abeoji: Have a seat.

Hanbin grabs a hold of his hand in order to stop it from shaking. Slowly, he makes his way towards the chair in front of his father and sat down.

Hanbin: You asked for me, sir?

The elder man looks up from his documents and scrutinized Hanbin's face.

Abeoji: It's been 3 months, but yet I see no progress with our plan. I had instructed you to give them some peace, but this is taking too long. 

Hanbin shifts in seat uncomfortably as he tries to avoid eye contact.

Hanbin: I-I'm just trying to find the right moment Abeoji.

Hanbin watches as his father sets down his documents. He felt his palms start to sweat at the intimidation that radiated off of the elder man.

Abeoji: And when will this, right moment be?

Hanbin: I-I just have to separate Jennie from Jisoo first. I have to ensure that she won't be hurt from t—

Abeoji: ENOUGH!

The elder's outburst had caused Hanbin to jump in his seat.

Abeoji: I don't want to hear you mouth another word about that girl! She's a hindrance to the plan!

Hanbin shook his head. 

Hanbin: She won't be. I assure you Abeoji. The plan will be set once I've settled everything between Jennie and Kim Jisoo.

Hanbin trembled in his seat as he waited for an answer from his father. The elder leans back in his seat as he calmly clasps his hands together.

Abeoji: I don't care what you do. But you better not ruin this boy. I will trust you one last time... Do what you must, but I expect that this plan of yours has no flaws.

Hanbin: I understand sir. 

Abeoji: Good. But listen up boy... If this plan were to fail, I can assure you that I will kill you... and then I will destroy your pathetic girlfriend. Do you understand me?

Hanbin: Yes sir.

There was no way that Hanbin was allowing his father to hurt Jennie. No ing way. 

He was going to protect her. Jennie was his woman. And no one, not even Kim Jisoo will get in the way of that. There was no one that Jennie Kim should love besides him.

He'll make sure of it.