Chapter 31

Don't Deserve You

 

The next morning, Jisoo had woken up to the smell of something cooking. Rubbing her tired eyes, she groggily glances at the clock. 

'9:07 am'

Getting out of bed, Jisoo stretched out her limbs before going to wash up. As Jisoo washed her face, she couldn't help but think back to yesterday's events. 

She wanted to take everything back. But how could she? She had messed up everything. Jennie probably hates her even more than she did before now. Jisoo leans over as she splashes some more water in her face.

Why couldn't she just control her stupid emotions?

Shaking her head to clear away her thoughts, Jisoo dried up her face. She walks over towards her desk and grabbed her anti-rejection medicine. After gulping it down, she took a glance at the door, wondering if whether she should stay in her room or head downstairs. 

After debating over her options, Jisoo decided to go with the latter. 

Jisoo walks into the kitchen to find Jennie cooking breakfast. Confused by the younger's actions, Jisoo quietly took a seat at the table as she continues to stare at Jennie.

Finishing up with the eggs, Jennie turns around to place them on the plate, and was startled to find that Jisoo was sitting at the dining table,

Jennie: Wow, you're up. When did you come down?

Jisoo: Not long.

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: Did you rest well?

Jisoo: Yeah.

Jennie: That's good. 

Jisoo stays silent as she tries to figure out the reason behind Jennie's odd behavior. The latter was acting as if last night's events had never happened. 

Jennie: I made breakfast.

Jisoo looks up as Jennie sets down a plate in front of her.

Jisoo: Thanks.

Jennie smiles as she sits down in her seat. Jisoo took a glance at the younger's leg and shot her a disapproving look. 

Jisoo: You shouldn't be moving around when your leg is in a cast Jennie. What if you trip and fall? Or hit it against something? I told you to be careful.

Jennie: It's fine Jisoo. It wasn't even that hard.

Jisoo shook her head.

Jisoo: Still. I don't want you to cook anymore until you've fully recovered. 

Jennie: Okay fine. Just eat your breakfast.

Jisoo sneaked a glance at Jennie and saw that the latter had already started eating her breakfast. Jisoo was dumbfounded. Did Jennie really forget about the kiss, or was it that she didn't care?

Or what if everything had been a part of Jisoo's imagination? Maybe it had all been a dream because she had missed Jennie so much? 

Jennie: Jisoo!

Jennie's voice brought Jisoo out of her thoughts as she focused her attention back on the latter.

Jisoo: Yeah?

Jennie: Are you okay?

Jisoo: Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?

Jennie nodded before continuing to eat her breakfast. Jisoo clears .

Jisoo: Are you... not mad at me?

Jennie: Why would I be?

Jisoo stunningly stares at the younger girl.

Jisoo: About last night... When, when I k-kissed you.

Jennie closes her eyes as she sets down her utensils. She releases a sigh and turns to look at Jisoo.

Jennie: Let's just forget about everything that had happened yesterday. I don't want to remember about it.

Jisoo nodded slowly.

Jisoo: Y-yeah. Let's forget.

The two continues to eat in silence when Jennie once  again sets down her fork.

Jennie: I found the camera.

Jisoo didn't need a further explanation to know what the younger girl was talking about. However she remained silent, not knowing how to reply.

Jennie: Why do you still have it?

Jisoo: It's the only thing I have...

Jennie: Have of what?

Jisoo looks into the latter's eyes before answering her question.

Jisoo: It's the only thing I have left of you... It contains memories of you that I never want to forget... It's also the only thing that reminds me that there was once a time that you were in love with me.

Jennie stares at the older girl, surprised by her confession. Blinking back her tears, Jennie glances down her lap before looking back up towards the older girl.

Jennie: You should just throw it away, or delete everything from it... Keeping it will only hinder you from moving on.

Jisoo: But I don't want to move on Jennie-ah. I love you, and I will always love you and only you. You can hate me all you want, but it will never change how I feel about you. Remember what I had said in the hospital? I will always keep waiting for you.

Jennie stares speechlessly at Jisoo. She had no idea as of to how she should respond to the older girl. Jisoo had basically just confessed to Jennie that she will always wait for her, but Jennie herself wasn't ready to forgive Jisoo yet. 

Not when she still has feelings for Hanbin. Not when she has absolutely no idea of how she feels about Jisoo. Does she still hate her? Maybe it would be better if she keeps her distance from Jisoo?

Maybe being near the older girl had confused her, if Jennie distances herself from the older girl, she'll be able to sort out her feelings more clearly. 

Jennie continues to stare into space wordlessly, causing Jisoo to think that the latter hadn't paid any attention or had cared at all about what she just said. 

Heaving out a sigh, Jisoo looks back towards her plate, and continues eating.

 

•••

 

'Slap!'

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET CAUGHT!"

Person 1: What do you mean Abeoji? I had taken care of everything!

Person 2: The police are still investigating the cause behind the fire you useless bum! It's been 2 months and yet they're still on the case!

Person 1: I-I don't understand! I swear abeoji, I had taken care of everything! I silenced that man!

Person 2: I don't care what you fcking do! But if the cops trace it back to me, then you are dead! You hear me?! 

Person 1: Y-yes abeoji.

The elder man ran a hand over his face as he tries to regain his composure.

Person 2: Did you find any of the files I had told you to look for?

Person 1: No abeoji. The hoodlum had walked into the wrong room, and that was when Jennie had discovered him.

The elderly man slammed a fist on the table in frustration.

Person 2: So nothing at all?!

The younger of the 2 fearfully shook his head.

Person 1: N-no abeoji... B-but I'm sure the files should be destroyed. Why would Kim Jiyong keep those files when they would prove as a potential threat to him as well?

Person 2: I don't care! Who knows what that sly old geezer may be thinking! What I want, is to make sure he keeps his mouth shut!

Person 1:  Please let me redeem myself abeoji! I swear I won't let you down this time!

The elder glances at his son doubtfully.

Person 2: How can I be sure that you won't fail me this time?

Person 1: Please give me a chance abeoji! I swear it on my life!

The man stares at his son skeptically as he tries to come up with a plan to silence Kim Jiyong. Suddenly, a brilliant idea comes to his mind as he breaks into a devious grin.

Person 2: I have a plan. 

Person 1: What is it father? 

The man gestures for his son to come near him as he leans in to whisper into his ear. The younger man's eyes widened in horror as he releases a shocked gasp.

Person 1: I can't do that abeoji! 

The elder's face morphs into an angry scowl.

Person 2: You will do as I say boy!

The younger man shakes his head vigorously as tears welled up in his eyes.

Person 1: I can't do it abeoji! She won't be able to handle it... It will destroy her.

The man steps over and menacingly grabs onto his son's collar.

Person 2: Do you want her to come back to you or not boy? This is the only way!

Person 1: No it's not abeoji. I-i'll come up with a different plan. Jennie will come back to me... She'll realize that Kim Jisoo isn't the one for her, she'll--

Person 2: Would you shut up! Stop being blind! All woman are the same! She'll never be yours as long as Kim Jisoo is around!

Person 1: No! Jennie is different!

The elder man scoffs at his son.

Person 2: Well then tell me. It's been 4 years, and yet she is still infatuated with that Kim Jisoo. She even got married to her. What makes you so sure that she'll come back to you?

The younger stays silent for he had nothing to say. He knew that his father was right, he knew that despite everything, Jennie was not over Jisoo. He clenches his fists together as he shuts his eyes.

Person 2: This is the only way. It's like killing 2 birds with one stone. Not only will we be able to silence Kim Jiyong, but we'll cause Kim Jisoo to destroy her ownself as well. As for Jennie Kim, she'll come to realize that Jisoo has always been her enemy, and she'll eventually find her way back to you. 

Hanbin keeps his eyes shut as he thought about his father's words. He didn't want to hurt Jennie, but this was the only way to ensure that she'll be his forever. He won't let her slip away from him, he can't. 

Hanbin: I'll do it abeoji. I'll carry out the plan as soon as I find a suitable moment. 

The elder man nods his head. 

Person 2: I'm glad you are able to come to the right conclusion Hanbin. Go back to your room. We're done for the day... And there better not be any mistakes this time around.

Hanbin: I understand abeoji. 

Person 2: On a second thought. Let's give them some time of peace for now. You know what they say, the calm comes before the storm.

Hanbin: I understand. 

 

•••

 

As Jisoo had finished showering, she walked out of the bathroom to find Jennie watching Frozen in the living room. 

Jisoo purposely makes her way into the kitchen to cook up some ramen, using it as an excuse for her to remain downstairs. Jennie turns over to look at Jisoo due to ruckus that she was making. 

Jennie: Yah, Kim Jisoo! Can you quiet down? I'm at the best part! 

Jisoo sends the latter an apologizing look.

Jisoo: Sorry.

Jennie releases a sigh and was about to return to her movie, when she sees that the older girl was standing in the kitchen still not completely dried off, along with a trail of water from behind her leading towards the bathroom.

A scowl soon makes its way onto her face as she shoots Jisoo another annoyed glare.

Jennie: Yah, Kim Jisoo!

Jisoo jumps in her place and shifts her attention back on Jennie.

Jisoo: Y-yes?

Jennie: You forgot to dry yourself up again! Aish!

Jennie stands up from her seat as she makes her way over to Jisoo who had completely frozen in her place. 

Jennie grabs the towel from the latter's neck before beginning to dry her up.

Jennie: How many times do I have to tell you to dry yourself up before you leave the bathroom?  You're getting water all over the floor again--

Jennie suddenly stops her rambling as soon as she realizes why Jisoo had stood frozen in her place. She glances back up into the older girl's face who was intently staring at her with her big brown eyes. And that was when Jennie realized the mistake that she had made. 

 

•••

 

Jisoo and Jennie were at Jisoo's apartment that night. It had been a long day for the both of them so Jennie had decided to stay at the older girl's place.

As soon as they had got home, Jisoo rushes inside the bathroom and started showering. Jennie on the other hand had went into the kitchen to cook something for the both of them to eat. About 30 minutes later, Jisoo had finally stepped out of the bathroom and made her way into the kitchen. 

Seeing that Jennie was busy cooking, Jisoo quietly creeps up behind her and wraps her arms around the latter's waist. 

Jennie was fluttered at first by the older girl's gesture until she had noticed that Jisoo was still wet. Irritatedly she turns around and lightly hits Jisoo's shoulder. 

Jennie: Again?! 

Jisoo blinks innocently at Jennie, acting like she doesn't know what the latter was talking about.

Jisoo: What?

Jennie: You didn't dry yourself!

Jennie took a glance behind Jisoo and noticed the trail of water behind her that led towards the bathroom. 

Jennie: Ahh Kim Jisoo! How many times do I have to tell you to dry yourself before you step out of the bathroom? You got the floor wet again.

Jisoo smiles happily before releasing a playful scoff. 

Jisoo: You're right Jennie-ah. I'm the worst person on this entire planet, ahh I deserve to die. You should just kill me already. 'Thwack' Just like that... kill me quickly... kill me with your love Jennie-ah~

The older girl smiles teasingly as she observed Jennie's reaction. The younger  girl scoffs playfully before breaking into a grin. Jennie holds out her hand and gestures for Jisoo to hand the towel over, in which the older eagerly obliged.

Jennie begins to dry off Jisoo's face and hair as the older gazes at her attentively, trying to capture every aspect of the Jennie's beauty into her mind. 

Jennie: Aigoo~ Who says that you're the smartest student in your class. You're more like a little 5 year old, always forgetting to dry yourself despite having me remind you so many times throughout these years. Ehhh~ You can't seem to change at all. 

Jisoo chuckles gently before extending her arms out for Jennie to dry. 

Jisoo: Aigoo~ Who says that you're smart. Always reminding this stupid idiot to dry herself up despite having to remind her so many times throughout the past few years.

Jennie stops drying Jisoo, as she gives her an exasperated look.

Jennie: Yah, is it really that amusing for you to mimic me?

Jisoo stares at Jennie amusedly before releasing a soft giggle. 

Jisoo: You mean you really don't know?

Jennie scoffs lightly. 

Jennie: What do I not know?

Jisoo: The reason why I never dry myself after I shower, and let it drip all over the floor.

Jennie squints her eyes together as she scrutinized Jisoo's teasing expression.

Jennie: What? So you're telling me that you've been doing this on purpose all this time. What's the reason?

Jisoo smiles adoringly at her girlfriend's cluelessness before answering her question.

Jisoo: It's because you're gonna dry me up.

Jennie: What?

Jisoo: It's because you dry me up every time. Whenever I don't dry myself up after I shower, Jennie Kim will always be the one to dry me up.

Jennie releases an amazed scoff. 

Jennie: So it is on purpose! Aish! 

Jennie lets out another scoff before placing the towel back on Jisoo's hand.

Jennie: Here, you do it. Dry your own self up.

Jisoo pouted and begrudgingly starts to wipe her face.

Jisoo: Ah~ I should've kept quiet about it... Aish, who was the person who said that honesty was good? Who was it? It's so inaccurate... Ah~ it's all rubbish nonsense.

Jennie smirks amusedly at the older girl. 

Jennie: Lincoln. He's already dead, so stop complaining. Instead you should start cleaning up this floor. Start from here and dry it all the way to the bathroom.

Jisoo nodded acceptingly as she bended down towards the floor.

Jisoo: So it was Lincoln who had said that. If he was the person then I'm the wrong one. Ah~ how can I dare say anything bad about Abraham Lincoln?

Jennie smiles lovingly at the older girl before pointing towards another spot on the floor.

Jennie: You should wipe this spot too.

Jisoo: Where? Here?

Jennie nodded as Jisoo crawls over towards the spot that she had pointed to.

Jennie giggles amusedly as she continues to watch the older girl wipe the floor. In a way, she had secretly loved drying off Jisoo despite always scolding her. It was one of the those little moments that she finds herself treasuring everyday of her life.

 

•••

 

Jennie continues to unblinkingly stare into Jisoo's eyes before finally finding the strength within her to divert her eyes away.

Jennie: I'm... I-I'm gonna head to bed now. Can you turn the T.V. off for me?

Not trusting her voice at the moment, Jisoo only nodded in reply.

Jennie: Goodnight.

Not waiting for a response from the older girl, Jennie hurriedly made her way upstairs, leaving a still stunned Jisoo who stood frozen in her spot.