Chapter 57

Don't Deserve You

 

Jennie: What... what do you mean?

Seungri leans away from Jennie and gives her a smug smirk.

Seungri: Your father is sacrificing his life to save his little girl.

Jennie: No...

Seungri chuckles in amusement as he begins to pace around the helpless girl.

Seungri: Don't worry sweetheart. I'll make sure that his death is as painless as possible. Your father was once my friend after all. It's the least I could do.

Jennie stares at him with disbelief and hatred as the words flowed so easily out of his mouth. 

Jennie: Are you ing serious? How can you even say that? If you considered him your friend then you wouldn't try to kill him!

Seungri frowns a bit at Jennie's outburst as he stops again in front of her.

Seungri: Your father betrayed me first Jennie. I'm just returning the favor.

Jennie laughs bitterly as she looks past him towards Hanbin. 

Jennie: So this was what you've been hiding from me all this time. I can't believe I ever let myself love you. 

Hanbin looks down towards the ground, finding himself too ashamed to look at Jennie.

Seungri turns Jennie's head back towards him as he gives her another smile.

Seungri: It's rude to look away when an elder is talking to you Jennie-ah. Now where was I? Oh yes, so your father will be arriving soon. And the plan is to let you go while he gives himself up. However, if I see any funny business from you, I won't hesitate to kill you as well.

Tears welled up in Jennie's eyes as she tries to reel in her emotions. 

Jennie: You're a monster.

Seungri seemed unfazed by Jennie's words as he walks back over towards Hanbin.

Seungri: Take care of her. I meant what I said. If she does anything out of order, I will kill her.

Hanbin bows down in fear before answering.

Hanbin: Yes father. 

With one last glance towards Jennie, Seungri exited the dark room.

Hanbin waited for a few seconds to make sure that his father had truly left before heaving out a relieved sigh.

He nervously sneaks a glance towards Jennie to see her face turned away from him.

Hanbin: I love you Jennie-ah. You have to understand that I'm doing this for you... for us.

Jennie whips her head towards Hanbin, her face stained with fresh tears.

Jennie: You love me?! You call kidnapping me and then killing my father, loving me?! 

Hanbin shook his head as he takes a step towards Jennie.

Hanbin: It's the only way. I-I wanted to protect you.

Jennie: I don't ing need your protection! I don't need your love! I don't ing need anything from you! All I want is for my father to be safe! I want you and your psychopathic father to leave me and my family alone! And I want to be with Jisoo! 

Hanbin: You don't mean that. You'll see Jennie-ah. After all of this is over, you'll realize that everything I'm doing is for you. It's me you love. I'm the one for you... I'm the only one for you.

Jennie grunts in frustration as she leans forward in her chair angrily.

Jennie: I don't love you! There was a time where I did, but it's over now. I don't have any feelings towards you! I love Jisoo! 

Hanbin rapidly made his way over towards Jennie as he leans down and stared right into her eyes.

Hanbin: I'm the one who truly loves you Jennie. Kim Jisoo doesn't deserve you! She hurt you! Don't you remember how she broke your heart?! I was the one who saved you! The one who put you back together! The person you love is me!

Jennie releases a scoff and shook her head.

Jennie: You're wrong. I don't love you and I never will.

Despite Jennie's words, Hanbin adamantly refuses to face the reality that she doesn't love him. He ran a hand through his hair as tears streamed down his face.

Hanbin: You don't mean that. You're just confused right now. 

Jennie: Jisoo will find me. And once she does, you and Seungri will be going to jail.

Hanbin's eyes hardened at the mention of Jisoo's name. He swerves his head towards Jennie before bending down to her eye level.

Hanbin: You think I'm afraid of Kim Jisoo? She doesn't mean anything to me Jen. If she does show up, I'll kill her.

Jennie fought against her restraints as she felt the rope painfully dig into her skin.

Jennie: Leave Jisoo alone!

Hanbin chuckles dryly and shrugged his shoulders with nonchalance. 

Hanbin: If that's the only way to make you see that I'm the only one for you, then so be it.

Jennie sneered at him with anger as she tries once more to free herself from her restraints. 

Jennie: If you hurt Jisoo, I will never forgive you. I will hate you for the rest of my life Kim Hanbin.

Hanbin shook his head and frowned slightly.

Hanbin: That's where you're wrong Jennie. I know that somewhere inside your heart, you still love me. It's just that Kim Jisoo has manipulated you into thinking that you love her. But once she's out of the way, you'll love me again. Sure, you might hate me at first... but that's okay. I know that eventually you'll realize that we're actually meant to be together. That there is no one else in this world who could possibly love you as much as I do.

Jennie shook her head as her eyes widen in disbelief.

Jennie: You're crazy. You're psychotic! 

Hanbin's eyes flared with anger as he grabbed ahold of Jennie's head and lifted it towards him.

Hanbin: You're the one who turned me into this! I'm doing this because I love you! To protect you!

Jennie jerked her head away as tears welled up in her eyes from the pain.

Jennie: I don't want you to love me! And I sure as hell don't need your protection!

Hanbin releases his hold on Jennie's head before taking a step backward.

Hanbin: You're just confused right now Jennie. Don't worry. Once all of this is over, we'll be happy again. You'll realize it soon.

Jennie fought against her restraints more aggressively not caring that the rope was now cutting into her skin and causing blood to drip onto the floor.

Jennie: Let me go Hanbin! Seungri is only using you! Even if you manage to get away from all of this, I'll never love you! 

A frown passed across Hanbin's face as he takes in Jennie's words. However, they seem to have made no impact as he continues to walk away from her. 

Jennie: Hanbin! Let me go! Let me go Hanbin! Please! I'm begging you! Don't hurt my father! Don't hurt Jisoo!

Despite her pleas, Hanbin remained impassive as he continued to stalk towards the door. 

He turns around one last time and gives Jennie a sad smile before leaving the brunette sobbing inside the dark room alone.

 

•••

 

After getting a call from one of the bodyguards trailing Jiyong's car, Jisoo immediately raced her way towards the direction that the elder man was headed. 

After seeming to have broken every traffic law possible, Jiyong's car had finally came into sight. Jisoo slowed down her speed as she signaled to the bodyguard's car to let her pass through. 

For at least 30 minutes, Jisoo has been carefully trailing Jiyong's car from a safe and undetectable distance. 

She was starting to worry that Seungri had lied and led them on a wild goose chase. But before she could continue with her thoughts, an old building came into view. 

Jiyong drove his car inside while Jisoo stopped her car just a few blocks away from the building to avoid detection. 

She gets out of the car and approaches the one behind her that the bodyguard was driving. 

Jisoo: You're Kai right?

The bodyguard nodded in reply to Jisoo's question. He didn't know what the raven was planning to do, but as a part of his job, he was willing to do anything in his power to help her. 

Jisoo: Look, right now we're in a very precarious and delicate situation. However I'm gonna need you to remain outside. 

Kai was about to argue against Jisoo's suggestion when the latter held up her hand to stop him.

Jisoo: I know what you're gonna say. But it's only gonna be for 30 minutes. In a few moments, I'm gonna follow Jiyong inside. And after 30 minutes, if neither one of us are out, I need you to call the cops before heading inside to help us. 

Kai remained unsure of Jisoo's plan as he began to weigh the cons and pros of the situation. 

30 minutes was still too long for both her and Jiyong to be in there alone with no backup. Anything could go wrong at any moment. 

Kai: With all due respect Miss Kim, I don't think that this is a good plan. 

Jisoo nodded in agreement despite having no intention to change her plan.

Jisoo: I understand Kai-shi, but you're our only backup. If you follow me inside there'll be no one left to call for help. 

Jisoo takes in a deep breath as she glances apologetically into the conflicted eyes of the young bodyguard. 

Jisoo: I'm sorry for asking you to this, but it's the only way. Please Kai-shi. I'm begging you. 

With hesitance, Kai decided to agree with Jisoo's plan and nodded his head. His head bowed a bit in resignation as he found himself unable to look at her face. 

Jisoo: I know you're conflicted, and that it's going against your moral code. I know that this is what you were trained to do, and that you want to help me. But I need you to know that you are helping me. You're helping me in more ways that you can imagine Kai-shi. So please promise me... that no matter what happens today, it's not your fault. Every choice was made by me. I will take responsibility for everything. Don't let it weigh on your conscience.

Kai lifted his head a bit and he gives the raven a small smile. 

Kai: I've got your back Miss Kim. You have my word. 

Jisoo nodded and gave him a smile. She glances around the empty road in order to make sure that no one had seen them before turning back to look at Kai. 

Her eyes were hardened into stone with determination as she gazed straight into the bodyguard's eyes.

Jisoo: I know that this is out of protocol... but I'm gonna need you to give me a gun. 

 

•••

 

Jiyong stormed his way into the dark building, not caring if whether he was making a target of himself. 

Either way, he was going to get his daughter out of here alive. If Seungri wanted him dead, then so be it. All that matters is that Jennie makes it out safe and sound.

He continues to search the whole building as he shouted for his daughter's name, hoping that Jennie might hear him and respond in some way that would let him know that where she was. 

When it was clear he wasn't going to find Jennie on his own, Jiyong began to call for Seungri.

Jiyong: Seungri! I'm here! Just like you wanted! You have me, now let Jennie go! 

Jiyong's infuriated voice rang throughout the entire building. He knew he was being irrational, and that he shouldn't provoke Seungri any more that he had to, but he couldn't control his anger. 

He needed to see his daughter, to know that his little girl was alive and unharmed. 

Jiyong: Seungri!

Moments after, 5 dark figures appeared from one of the hallways within the eerily silent building. 

Jiyong felt his blood boiling with rage at the sight of the smug grin on Seungri's face. He clenches his fists tightly as he tries to contain his anger.

Jiyong: Where is Jennie?! Where is my daughter?!

Seungri chuckles lightly, causing Jiyong to become more aggravated.

Seungri: She is safe Jiyong. Like I had promised, not a single part of her has been hurt. Your daughter is safe... as long as you keep your end of the bargain of course.

Jiyong spread his arms out, showing that he had nothing to hide.

Jiyong: I'm here now aren't I? You told me you would let Jennie go if I came here alone.

Seungri nodded as he glances to his men gestures for them to surround the elder man.

Seungri: I will let Jennie go... as soon as I'm done with you.

Jiyong's eyes darkened as he glared towards Seungri.

Jiyong: That wasn't part of the deal. 

Seungri shrugs as another smug look crosses over his face.

Seungri: I'm a man of my word Jiyong. I never said that I would let Jennie go right away. I had said that I will exchange her for your life. And as of right now, you are still alive. 

Jiyong sneers as he glances around at the men that have now surrounded him. He knew that his idea was foolishly reckless and that he should have listened to Jisoo. 

But despite it all, he knew it was the right choice. At least for now, he was able to protect his daughter's wife who was also his deceased best friend's daughter from being in harm's way. 

He also knew that Seungri wasn't lying. He had no reason to hurt Jennie. But Jiyong knew that he couldn't just place his daughter's safety by merely trusting Seungri's words. 

As he wracked his brain for another way out, he found himself unable to come up with a solid plan. Every idea had come to a dead end and had rendered him hopeless. 

Slowly, he lifts his head and gazes pleadingly into the younger man's eyes. The eyes of the person who he had once called friend.

Jiyong: Jennie didn't do anything wrong Seungri. I'm the one that you're after. I hope that with our history, you will grant me my last wish and keep my daughter safe. That is all I'm asking... no, begging of you. In my final moments, I am begging you to keep my daughter as well as her family and my wife out of this. They are innocent. Jisoo is innocent. Keep Jisoo out of this mess as well. Please let them be happy Seungri. 

Seungri stays silent as he looks into the desperate eyes of his former friend. He knew that it had taken a lot for Jiyong to beg him. He knew that the elder man had finally given up.

The thought brought a sense of satisfaction to him. After all of these years, he could finally get his revenge on Jiyong for ruining his plans. 

However, the latter was right. As his former friend, Seungri should at least grant him his final dying wish.

Seungri: I will let your daughter go. And your wife will remain safe as well. I will not touch any of them. 

Jiyong's shoulders sagged in relief at Seungri's words. The younger's next words however, had made his blood run cold. 

Seungri: As for Kim Jisoo, I cannot promise you anything. She knows far too much about my plans. She must be eliminated as well. 

Jiyong: You've caused her enough pain Seungri. Please just let it go.

Seungri shook his head as he began to pace around the room.

Seungri: I don't want to hurt her either Jiyong. After all, she is the daughter of someone who used to be one of my closest friends. But she knows too much. If I don't destroy her first, she will destroy me. 

Before Jiyong could argue back, Seungri abruptly stops in his tracks as he takes out a gun from his coat and points it towards the elder Kim.

Seungri: Considering that you were once my friend, I hope that you may walk on the flower road Kim Jiyong. This is goodbye.