Chapter 15

Don't Deserve You

 

As Jisoo finished telling Chaeyoung about her encounter with Jennie's dad, Chaeyoung couldn't help but get upset at her friend despite her promise to Jisoo earlier.

Jisoo sat still and patiently waited for Chaeyoung's reaction. She knew that the younger would not agree with her decision, but she had already anticipated that this would happen. After a few minutes of the 2 just sitting there in silence, Chaeyoung finally spoke up.

Chaeyoung: I can't believe you unnie. I don't understand why you're always acting so impulsively. I-I... why are you always making such stupid decisions unnie. I know you mean well but you're always the one getting the short end of the stick. Why can't you ever be selfish and think about yourself for just once in your life?

Jisoo smiled sadly at Chaeyoung.

Jisoo: I'm sorry that I disappointed you Chae. But I need you to know that before I had decided to marry Jennie, I had already thought about the outcome and how it would all end.

Chaeyoung: Well then you should know that you're gonna be the only one hurt in the end.

Jisoo cracked a half-hearted smile.

Jisoo: I know.

Chaeyoung reached for Jisoo's hand and held it tightly between her own hands.

Chaeyoung: Jisoo unnie please. For once can you please listen to me and cancel this marriage? Could you be selfish, for just this one time and think about yourself first? If not for yourself, can you please do it for me?

Jisoo placed her other hand on Chaeyoung's face and wiped away a stray tear that had escaped from the younger's eye.

Jisoo: You know I can't do that Chaeng.

Chaeyoung: Why do you always have to be so selfless and kind? You're always helping others when they don't even know how much you've done for them.

Jisoo: Remember what I told you before Chaeng? Not everything in life is fair. But don't you think that I should help those in need if I have the capability to do so?

Chaeyoung: But not when it's costing you your happiness unnie.

Jisoo: Yah what do you mean? I'm getting married to the woman I love. How can I not be happy?

Chaeyoung gazed softly at the sincereness reflected in Jisoo's eyes, and felt her own heart ache for the older girl.

Chaeyoung: Unnie...

Jisoo: I'll be fine Chae. I've already made up my mind. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Chaeyoung could feel the tears that were building up in her eyes. She blinked rapidly, not allowing them to fall. Nodding at Jisoo, she placed a smile on her face.

Chaeyoung: I better be your maid of honor then.

Jisoo smiled brightly despite the pain from her sorrow filled heart.

Jisoo: Of course Chaeyoung-ah. You're my one and only maid of honor. Kim Jisoo will always need her tall Chipmunk bodyguard by her side to protect her.

Chaeyoung let out a laugh despite the tears that were falling down her face, the tears that she had tried so hard to keep at bay. Jisoo laughed at the younger and pulled her in for a hug.

Jisoo: Thanks for understanding me and accepting my decision Chaeyoung-ah. Thank you for always protecting me and loving me, although I know it must be tough for you sometimes. And thank you for remaining by my side all this time.

 

•••

 

The next morning Jennie woke up to find herself in an unfamiliar room. Looking around, she realized that she was inside Lisa's room and remembered that she had decided to stay at the younger's house the night before.

Getting out of bed, she got ready and walked to the kitchen to see Lisa making breakfast.

Jennie: Wow. Is Lalisa actually cooking something without burning down the house?

Lisa rolled her eyes. 

Lisa: Haha, very funny unnie. And don't worry, I've been getting cooking lessons from my girlfriend.

Jennie: Oh really? I guess I'll have to try your newly improved cooking then.

Lisa smirked and shrugged her shoulders at the older girl. Jennie sat down and took a bite from her dish. Her eyes widened in amazement.

Jennie: Wow, you weren't joking Lisa.

Lisa laughed and sat down besides Jennie and taking a bite from her own dish.

Jennie: I still haven't met your girlfriend yet.

Lisa: The timing isn't right yet Unnie.

Jennie: Yah, what do you mean the time isn't right? You guys have been dating for months, and as your best friend I deserve to know who your girlfriend is.

Lisa laughed.

Lisa: I just want to find the perfect time for you 2 to meet. I mean besides my mom you 2 are the most important women in my life. I don't want the wrong timing and place to ruin your impressions of each other.

Jennie rolled her eyes.

Jennie: Well then you better hurry up Lisa. I'm eager to meet this amazing girl of yours.

Lisa: Don't you worry Unnie, she'll definitely blow you away. 

Jennie chuckled.

Jennie: Whatever you say dongsaeng.

The 2 fell into a complete silence as the conversation came to an end. 

While they ate, Lisa would occasionally glance at Jennie, wondering how the older was dealing with the events from last night.

Not being able to deal with the silent atmosphere, Lisa decided to speak up.

Lisa: So... How are you feeling?

Jennie stopped eating and nodded at the younger.

Jennie: I'm feeling better now. Thanks to you.

Lisa smiled and stayed silent awhile before speaking once more.

Lisa: When are you gonna talk to your parents again?

Jennie: I'm gonna call home and talk to them today. I'm afraid if I talk to them face to face, I wouldn't be able to restrain myself.

Lisa nodded.

Lisa: When are you gonna tell Oppa?

Jennie sighed and set down her utensils, her appetite gone.

Jennie: I'm telling him today as well.

Lisa: That soon?

Jennie: It would be better that he knows now. I don't want to prolong this any more than it has to be... I just don't know how I'm gonna tell him.

Lisa: I'm sure he'll understand unnie, oppa is a great guy.

Jennie nodded as she blinked away the tears that had formed in her eyes.

Jennie: Which is why I don't want to hurt him... I-I don't want him to hate me.

Lisa placed her hand on top of Jennie's and gave her an encouraging smile.

Lisa: Oppa is a sensible guy unnie. He'll understand that you're doing this for your parents, he won't hate you.

Just then, Jennie's phone rang. The 2 girls looked at the screen and saw the name of Jennie's father. Lisa gave Jennie's hand a squeeze of encouragement as the latter stood up from her seat to go answer the call.

Jennie: Hello?

Mr. Kim: Jennie, thank god you answered.

Jennie: Is everything okay?

Mr. Kim: No everything's fine. Your mother and I were just worried about you after last night's events... We understand that it was lot for you to deal with at the time and we're really sorry about it and... so we were thinking about it, and we've decided that if you don't want to, then you don't have to go through this marriage.

Jennie: No it's fine appa. I've made up my mind... I'll do it... I'll marry Jisoo.

Mr. Kim: Wait wait, honey are you sure?

Jennie: Y-yeah... I mean it's only for a few years right?

Mr. Kim: Yes.

Jennie: And if I still don't want to be with Jisoo by then... I'll be able to file a divorce?

Mr. Kim: Of course.

Jennie: And Jisoo agrees with this?

Mr. Kim: Yes, she did.

Jennie: O-okay. 

Mr. Kim: Thank you Jennie-ah. Thank you my daughter.

Jennie: Hmmm. I'm gonna get going now dad. I'll talk to you later.

Mr. Kim: Bye Jen, take care.

Jennie walked back into the kitchen. Lisa approached the older with a questioning look.

Lisa: Did you tell him?

Jennie nodded.

Lisa smiled sadly, feeling sorry towards her friend. She stretched out her arms and wrapped her arms around the older girl.

Lisa: You did great unnie.

 

•••

 

Jennie waited for Hanbin at the park. She had been a nervous wreck the whole day, unsure of how she would tell him that she'll be getting married to her ex-girlfriend.

At last she spotted his handsome face as he approached her, a smile plastered on his face. Hanbin walked towards Jennie and wrapped his arms around her before giving her a peck on the lips.

Hanbin: Hey babe. How are you?

Jennie gave him a forced smile before pulling out of his arms.

Jennie: I'm fine Hanbin-ah.

Hanbin furrowed his eyebrows in worry and confusion.

Hanbin: Is something wrong Jen? Why are you acting like this?

Jennie: I-I...

Jennie broke down as she looked into Harbin's eyes and pulled him back in for a hug. Hanbin unsure of what was going on, tried to comfort his crying girlfriend.

Hanbin: Jennie-ah what's wrong? Shhh~ Everything's gonna be okay. Please tell me what's going on?

Jennie: I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Hanbin-ah.

Hanbin pulled away from Jennie's hug and tried away the tears streaming down her face.

Hanbin: What? Why are you apologizing Jen? You didn't do anything wrong... Come on, tell me what's wrong and we'll solve it together okay?

Jennie: I'm... I'm getting m-married to Jisoo.

Hanbin felt as if his whole world had toppled over as soon as those words had left Jennie's mouth. He couldn't believe his ears and wondered if he had heard her right.

Hanbin: What?

Jennie: I-I'm getting married Hanbin-ah. 

Hanbin could feel his heart pounding inside his chest as if it were about to burst out from beneath his ribcage.

Hanbin: Why?

Jennie: My... my parents... they want me to marry Jisoo. I can't let them down.

Hanbin: Then w-what about us?

The sound of Harbin's voice cracking made Jennie's heart ache. But there was absolutely nothing she could do to ease his pain, she was the one who had hurt him.

Jennie: I'm sorry Hanbin... we... we have to break up.

Hanbin grabbed Jennie's hands and stared into her eyes.

Hanbin: Don't do this Jen, please. Don't do this to us.

Jennie shook her head as more tears rolled down her face. 

Jennie: I'm so sorry Hanbin... I'm sorry...

Despite the aching of his broken heart, Hanbin took ahold of Jennie's face as he tried to hold back his tears.

Hanbin: Hey, hey. Don't be sorry okay? This isn't your fault. You don't have to apologize to me.

Jennie: Don't do this Hanbin. Be mad at me, be angry... For god's sake you should be hating me! Just do something... don't... don't feel bad towards me... I-I don't deserve it.

Hanbin pulled Jennie into his arms as a tear fell from his eye.

Hanbin: It's okay Jen, I understand. I'm not mad at you, and I'm not going to hate you. 

Hanbin kissed Jennie's forehead.

Hanbin: I just want you to know that I'll always love you and only you. No one will ever take your place in my heart. I just want you to be happy... whether if it's with me, or someone else.

Jennie: I love you too Hanbin-ah. I love you... and I don't want us to end. 

Hanbin: Don't worry Jen. I'll never leave you... I'll stay by your side forever. Even when you no longer need me, I'll still stay by your side and I'll still love you.

Jennie shook her head.

Jennie: You can't do that Hanbin. I want you to move on... and find someone better me. I want you to find a girl who will love you more than I did, who will treat you better than I did.

Hanbin stayed silent in which Jennie interpreted as a "yes". But Hanbin knew that he'd never be able to forget Jennie. She was the only girl who has ever really cared for him. He won't let her go this easily... 

He'll stay by her side, and once Kim Jisoo breaks her heart one more time... He'll be there to pick up the pieces. And Jennie will be his again. Kim Jisoo has had her chance, and she had lost Jennie. Hanbin wasn't gonna make the same mistake... He won't let her steal his Jennie away. 

Jennie was his girlfriend, and nothing was ever going to change that.

 


 

Hey guys, so I'm finally back with another chapter. And again, I'm sorry for updating so slow these days, but please understand that I have school now and that it's a crucial year for me in highschool. I also have a life outside of AFF, so I hope you guys would understand my situation. Anyway, thank you to everyone for reading this fanfic; again I want you all to know that I really appreciate it. That's it for now, I guess I'll see you guys next time! xoxo