Chapter 43

Don't Deserve You

 

So apparently JenKai broke up??? My Jensoo heart is happy, but I also hope that Jennie is okay. I wish the best for both Kai and Jennie though. <3 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! xoxo 

 

•••

 

Jisoo rolled around the bed in boredom, when her stomach started to growl angrily. Jennie was at work again today, leaving Jisoo at home by herself because of her leg injury.

She was hungry and she missed her wife. 

Suddenly, an idea pops into her head. The CEO sits up abruptly from her bed and reaches for her phone. She dialed Jennie's number and waited for the other line to pick up. 

Jennie: Jisoo~ This is the fifth time you've called me today. If--

Jisoo: Ahh~ Jennie-ah I'm in pain! Oh my god! I think I'm gonna die! 

Jennie was thrown into a panicked frenzy on the other line, her work forgotten.

Jennie: Jisoo-yah, what's wrong?! Jisoo!

Jisoo: Ahh~ my leg! Please come home Jennie-ah!

Without uttering another word, Jisoo quickly hung up the phone. She smirks to herself, feeling proud of what she had just done. She carefully lifts herself up from the bed and hobbled downstairs to wait for the younger girl. 

Jisoo sat in the living room for about 7 minutes when Jennie bursts into the house, her body dripping with sweat. At the sight of her wife, Jisoo immediately stands up in excitement.

Jisoo: Wah! You came back faster than I thought Jennie-ah!

Ignoring her tired state, Jennie rushes over and examined Jisoo's body.

Jennie: Did you get hurt? Where are you hurting? Forget it, let me take you to the hospital.

Jisoo: I'm not hurt Jendeuk-ah. I'm perfectly fine.

Jennie takes a step back as she stares at Jisoo in bewilderment. 

Jennie: But on the phone... you said that--

Realizing that the older girl had been lying to her, Jennie's face morphs into a dismayed expression.

Jennie: Jisoo~

Jisoo gives her wife an apologized look, afraid that the younger girl might hit her.

Jisoo: I'm sorry?

Jennie: You lied to me! I was so worried!

The older girl winced at the volume of Jennie's voice. 

Jisoo: Technically, I wasn't lying. 

Jennie crosses her arms in anger.

Jennie: You said that you were in pain, and that you were gonna die.

Jisoo: I was in pain because I missed you so much Jagiya~ (honey). And I honestly felt like I could've died because of hunger. 

Jennie: And your leg?

Jisoo: I can't cook with my leg like this. I would've burned the house down. 

Jennie rolled her eyes. 

Jennie: You would've burned the house down with or without that cast.

Jisoo raises a finger and points it Jennie, nodding in agreement. 

Jisoo: Exactly! Which is why I couldn't have cooked for myself.

Jennie releases a heavy sigh. 

Jennie: You could've ordered for food Jisoo. 

Jisoo: But it wouldn't be as good as your cooking Jennie-ah. Besides, I wanted to eat the food that you make for me. 

Jennie rubbed her eyes tiredly.

Jennie: I had a bunch of documents to look over Chu. What am I supposed to do now? I rescheduled everything that I had today to come home.

Jisoo hobbles over to where Jennie stood and wrapped her arms around her wife.

Jisoo: Then stay home Jendeuk-ah. You've been so busy, I haven't been able to see you much these days. I miss you so much.

Jennie releases a sigh as she finds comfort in Jisoo's arms. 

Jennie: Okay.

Jisoo smiles gleefully at her accomplishment.

Jisoo: Can you make me some food now please? I'm so hungry. 

Jennie: No. 

Jisoo lets out a betrayed gasp as she pulls away from the hug.

Jisoo: But... but...

Jennie: I said that I would stay home. I never said that I would cook for you Jagiya~

Jisoo pouted.

Jisoo: But I'm so hungry Jendeukie~

Jennie smiles amusedly at the sound of Jisoo's aegyo filled voice.

Jennie: What's this I'm hearing? Are you using aegyo on me?

Jisoo: Are you gonna let your wife starve Jennie-ah~

Jennie: Yes. 

The younger tries to hide her smile as she walks over and takes a seat on the couch. Jisoo stares at her for a bit before hopping over to lie on Jennie's lap.

Jisoo: Please Jagiya~ I'm so hungry~ 

Jennie: Then order food.

Jisoo: No~ I want you to cook for me~

Jennie releases an amused laugh.

Jennie: Ehh~ What is up with this whining?

Jisoo furrows her eyebrows cutely as she pouted once again.

Jisoo: Cook for me~

Jennie tries to contain the smile from spreading across her face, but she couldn't bring herself to resist Jisoo's aegyo.

Jennie: Aright, fine. I'll cook for you.

Jisoo smiles as she pumps her fist victoriously.

Jisoo: Yes!

Jennie shakes her head as she releases an amused laugh.

Jennie: What am I gonna do with you Kim Jisoo?

Jisoo blinks her eyes innocently as she looks up into Jennie's eyes.

Jisoo: You can love me Jendeuk-ah.

Jennie stays smiles softly as she begins to lean down towards Jisoo's lips. The older girl closes her eyes, a goofy grin on her face. Jennie stops halfway as she looks down amusedly at her wife's anticipating lips.

Smirking to herself, she raises her hand and gently slaps the older girl's forehead.

Jennie: In your dreams. 

Jennie lifts Jisoo's head from her lap before heading off into the kitchen. Jisoo pouted in disappointment before rushing in after the younger girl.

Jisoo: Wait for me, Jagiya~.

 

•••

 

Jennie was working in her office when she was greeted by a visit from Jisoo. 

Surprised at the sudden appearance of her wife, she sets down her work and went over to help the older girl to a chair.

Jennie: What are you doing here Jisoo. You shouldn't be out of the house with that leg of yours.

Jisoo rolled her eyes.

Jisoo: It's fine Jennie-ah. This thing will be gone in 2 days, it's practically already healed.

Jennie shakes her head as she made sure that Jisoo was comfortably seated. Putting her hands up to her hips, she shoots the older girl a questioning look.

Jennie: What are you doing here?

Jisoo smiles brightly towards Jennie as she lifts her eyebrows teasingly.

Jisoo: I'm taking you on a date.

Jennie's expression softens at Jisoo's words. She was touched to know that latter was so thoughtful towards her.

Jennie: I want to Chu, but I have so much work to do. It's tough running the company by myself. 

Jisoo shrugs her shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal.

Jisoo: Then leave it. I'll help you finish everything once I'm all better.

Jennie shook her head.

Jennie: Of course not. I'm not gonna let you handle all of this by yourself. I can handle this.

Jisoo: You've been working a lot Jennie-ah. It's good to take a break. Like going on a date with your wife who loves you so much.

Jennie: I need to finish looking over these documents Chu.

Jisoo pouted.

Jisoo: But I want a date with my wife. Please Jendeuk, just for today. I planned out everything for you Jagiya~. 

Jennie glances towards her desk before looking back at Jisoo's pleading eyes. She feels her resolve give away as she breaks into small grin.

Jennie: Fine, let's go on a date.

Jisoo's eyes sparkled with joy as she grabbed Jennie's hand.

Jisoo: I promise you won't be disappointed Jendeuk-ah.

 

•••

 

Jennie releases a content sigh as she stares up into the night sky. Jisoo had drive her out to the countryside to have a relaxing and quiet picnic, away from the city.

The two were now stargazing under the dazzling, starlit sky.

Jennie: It was a good idea... coming here.

Jisoo turns over and smiles fondly at the younger girl.

Jisoo: I told you that you won't be disappointed. 

Jennie: Thanks for taking me here Jisoo. I finally feel like I'm able to breathe.

Jisoo: You deserve it after having to work so hard during my absence.

Jennie smiles sadly.

Jennie: It's not as hard as how your life has been, throughout the past years while I was away.

Jisoo glances worriedly over towards her wife.

Jisoo: I told you that it wasn't your fault Jennie.

Jennie shook her head.

Jennie: I can't help it Jisoo. Every time when I look at you, I'm reminded of everything. You're hurt because of me. Because you had used your body to shield mine. I can't stop thinking about the past, and what I could've done to prevent everything that has happened...

Jisoo: Then don't think about it.

Jennie turns towards Jisoo, her face formed into a frown.

Jisoo: You told me that you wanted to leave the past behind us. You said that you wanted us to start over. So stop thinking about the past Jennie-ah. Think about right now. We're together now, and we're happy. That's all that matters.

Jennie nodded before shifting herself onto Jisoo's shoulder.

Jennie: Tell me about your parents. Tell me about everything that has happened throughout the 4 years that I've been gone.

Jisoo closes her eyes.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah...

Jennie: I just want to know Jisoo. I wasn't there for you back then... and I want to be here for you now. I want to share your pain.

Jisoo hesitates for a bit before agreeing to the younger's request.

Jisoo: What do you want to know?

Jennie: How did you feel? When... when you found out your parents died... How did you get through it?

Jisoo's eyes glazed over with tears as she thought back to the traumatic day.

Jisoo: It had only been 2 weeks since you've left for New Zealand. My parents had called me that night, saying that they had some business to take care of and that they were gonna be home late... An hour after that, I had received a call saying that they had passed away before even arriving at the hospital.

Jennie clasped her hand around Jisoo's, trying her best to comfort the older girl.

Jisoo: The funeral was the worst part. Everyone was just saying how sorry they are... they acted like they understood what I was going through when they didn't... and... the way they looked at me... they looked at me with pity... like I was broken...

Jisoo takes in a deep breath to calm herself before continuing.

Jisoo: I wanted to give up... to stop fighting my illness. It was thanks to Chaeyoung, Changmin and Suho oppa, along with Soojoo, that had helped me get through everything. But the one thing that was always on my mind, was the thought of one day seeing you again Jennie. 

Jennie's hand tightens around Jisoo's at the older girl's words.

Jisoo: I... there was a part of me that hoped that you would somehow forgive me. That if I got through this illness I can finally fly over to New Zealand and tell you how much I love you. 

Jisoo untangles her hand from Jennie's as she moves her arm to wrap around the younger girl. She turns over and gently kisses the top of Jennie's head.

Jisoo: And now here you are... The biggest regret I have was never getting the chance to see my parents one last time. I... I didn't even get to say goodbye... I didn't get to tell them much how I love and appreciate them... And now they're gone.

Jennie wraps her arms around Jisoo's torso as she snuggles into the older girl's shoulder.

Jennie: They're not gone Jisoo. Your parents are still here, and they will always be with you no matter where you are. They're looking down at you now, and I know that they must be very proud of the woman that you have become. 

Jennie motions towards the sky, in which Jisoo releases a soft chuckle.

Jisoo: You really think they're proud of me?

Jennie: I know it for a fact.

Jisoo smiles towards the sky as Jennie lifts herself up and beams down at Jisoo.

Jennie: You've brought so much happiness into my life Jisoo. And now I'll give some it back to you.

Jisoo gives Jennie an amused smirk as she moves her arm to the back of her head.

Jisoo: And how are you gonna do that Jendeukie?

Jennie: By helping you find your parents.

Jennie smiles brightly before proceeding to look through a fake telescope. 

Jennie: Let's see... where are they... not here... where is Mr. and Mrs. Kim... 

Jisoo gazes lovingly at Jennie, and releases a chuckle as she imitates her wife's gestures.

Jisoo: Let's see...

Jennie giggles softly as looks down at Jisoo before shifting her attention back towards the sky. A few seconds after, Jisoo releases an amazed gasp as she points towards the sky.

Jisoo: There... right there! I found them... Appa and Eomma just greeted me.

Jennie smiles adoringly at Jisoo as she leans down towards the older girl.

Jennie: Where?

Jisoo: Right there.

Jennie: Let me take a look.

Jennie takes Jisoo's cupped hand and places it towards her eye. She releases a surprised gasp and smiles brightly.

Jennie: There they are!

Jisoo smiles as she looks at her wife.

Jennie: Hello Appa! Hello Eomma! 

The two break into a fit lift of laughter as Jisoo shifts her attention back towards Jennie.

Jisoo: You're quite loony Jendeukie.

Jennie smiles embarrassingly as she turns towards Jisoo's direction. Her eyes land on her the older girl's eyes, their faces were so close, she could feel Jisoo's breath on her face.

Jisoo searches Jennie's eyes for confirmation of her suspicions. There was something off about the way her wife acted these days. Like she was hiding something from her.

Jisoo wanted to know what it was, it had been one of the reasons why she had taken Jennie out on the date. And now that she has looked into Jennie's eyes, she knew that there was something that her wife didn't want to tell her.

Jennie could tell what the look in Jisoo's eyes meant.

It was common for the two girls to understand what the other was thinking just by looking into the their eyes. 

And right now, the look that Jisoo gave her was one that Jennie knew very well. It was the look that the older girl always gave her whenever she wanted to know something. Jisoo's eyes were worried, yet loving at the same time.

The eyes that Jennie always loved to look at. The only pair of eyes that could comfort her whenever she was upset. The only pair of eyes that could tell what she was thinking or feeling with just a single look.

Jennie knew that it was useless trying to hide anything now. 

Jisoo has seen through her.

She hesitates for a bit before deciding to speak out the thoughts that has been echoing in her mind throughout the past few weeks.

A silent understanding passed between the two as Jisoo encourages Jennie to voice out her thoughts.

Jennie: I'm afraid of hurting you again... I'm terrified of the thought that one day, you'll realize that I'm not good enough for you... and... you'll stop loving me.

Jisoo gazes into Jennie's eyes as she feels her own walls break down.

Jisoo: I'm afraid that you'll leave me again...

Jennie's soften as she sees the vulnerableness in Jisoo's eyes. She's rarely ever been able to see her wife's vulnerable side. 

The older girl had always been the stronger one between the two. She was always Jennie's pillar of strength, building her back up whenever she was down.

And yet here she was, listening to Jisoo bear out her deepest fears. This time, Jennie was gonna be Jisoo's pillar.

Jennie: I'm not gonna leave you Jisoo. I'll always be here, right by your side... always. I'm your Jendeukie, remember? I'm not letting you go... ever.

Jisoo returns the younger girl a small smile.

Jisoo: Then you should also know that I'm never gonna stop loving you. You are good enough Jennie, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. And you're not gonna hurt me again because you're the reason for my happiness. I'm glad that you're in my life.

Jennie: And I'm glad you're in mine. I mean it when I say I'm never gonna let you go again. Even in death, I'll stick to you like how Jegwi sticks to Shumon.

Jisoo chuckles a bit at Jennie's mention of her made up cartoon monsters.

Jisoo chuckles a bit at Jennie's mention of her made up cartoon monsters               

Jisoo: I love you Jennie               

Jisoo: I love you Jennie.

Jennie smiles endearingly at Jisoo before leaning in to softly kiss the older girl's heart shaped lips.

Jennie: I know Jisoo.