CH 029

Seaside Bay High!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xero

I hurried over to Sojin's after my meeting with Namjoo and Changjo, even though they told me not to. But I had to. Because I knew Sojin wasn't goning to answer any of my calls.

I quickly knocked on her door to be welcomed by her mom. The sun was barely setting, so I had a good hour. 

Her mother guided me to her room. I looked to her softly. "May I talk to her in private?"
She nodded, closing the door behind her.
Sojin was laying in her bed on her side avoiding eye contact with me, awake in deep thought. So I sat next to her, then wrapped my arms around her waist, even though I knew she wasn't in the mood. But then again, neither was I really. I just wanted this day to end.

I talked softly. "You know... As soon as I walked through those doors and saw A-Tom's hands on Jackson I knew this would all happen." I chuckled. "But I've learned A-Tom has a mind of his own. You have to let him get it out of his system." I paused. "Your words to him today... They were wrong... Jackson did something you don't know about, and that's why A-Tom was mad. It wasn't for no reason. Please understand he was only looking out for me." I sighed. "And he told me what he said to you. He was wrong too, but it was more directed to Jackson. I think you took it to heart Sojin..." My voice softened as I got up, Sojin still not saying a word though I know she was listening. "I understand if you change your mind about the trip... But the offer is still there. My umma really likes you..." I walked to the door but stopped. "And honestly Sojin... You say you've made up your mind, but I really don't know what you want... I am confused about all of this... It'd be easy to just ask you out, but it's not that simple in this situation. But as always... If need anything, call or text and I will be over... I love you Park Sojin."

I walked back to my place. There was no school tomorrow, and only two days before the trip. A-Tom sat on my bed.
"What's going on?" He asked.
I plopped next to him and shrugged. "Same old same old."
He stared at me for a moment. "Yahh... Why'd you get yourself in this mess hyung? I think you should take a break from her. You going to that party Changjo's talking about?"
"I don't know. It seems everytime I go to a party I end up digging myself deeper into a hole. They said to bring you guys but I don't think that's a good idea."
"So what'd you say to Sojin just now? She upset?"
"Yeah she's upset... But I don't know... The way they acted towards you guys lately... It kind of makes me mad."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean you guys are my best friends. Of course you would look out for me. Wouldn't it sort of ring a bell that something just now happened for you to get involved, that... Something happened? It's like they expect me to just distance myself from you guys in order to make things work."
He patted my back. "You are upset right now... I'm sure it's not their intentions. Sleep it off."
"And it makes me mad how they are making you out to be this monster."
He laughed. "Well I did kind of shove Jackson." He shook his head. "That guy really pisses me off."
I scooched to the end of my bed to rest my back against the wall, where A-Tom followed. "And I really sense Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter