Blind Dates

My Fairytale Ending With...?

You walked out of the school and saw a black car outside waiting. You walked up to the man who was standing outside the car.

'Jieun?' he asked.

'Ne, that's me.' You confirmed and got into the car.

A few minutes later you arrived at your house. You didn't know why your mother bothered getting someone to pick you up when you could have walked home.

When you walked inside the house, your mother greeted you. 'Jieun! You're finally home! Come on, we have lots to do! I already went shopping this afternoon and bought a few dresses for you. So all you have to do it choose one!' She led you to one of the rooms that wasn't been used. But when you had walked in, you saw the 'few' dresses that she had bought. There was about at least 20 dresses in there.

'Umma... didn't you just saw a FEW? Not 20?!' You said as you looked at all the dresses wide eyed.

'Hehe, yeah. I got a little carried away. You can always wear these dresses when we have formal dinners or something next time. Hurry! Go choose a dress!' She said as she gave you a light push towards the dresses.

'Oh god... where to start...' you muttered under your breath. 'Ew. No. Mmmm, that's alright.' After a few minutes of looking through the dresses, you finally found the one. It was a strapless cream dress with ruffles at the bottom and a black ribbon bow in the middle falling above your knees. After changing into the dress, you were lead into another room where you got your make up done. It was light and natural but still looked good. You also got your hair curled and choose a pair of heels and a clutch.

'Oh my god! Jieun! You look amazing!' Your mother said as she looked you up and down.

'Awh Jieun. So beautiful. My daughter is finally growing up' Your father walked looking at you in awe.

'Appa...' you started to say.

'Come on now, it's time for your blind dates. You don't want to be late. You will be meeting 5 guys for the evening and another 5 tomorrow. Call us if you need anything okay?' Your mother informed you while walking you out to the car. It was the same car and driver as before. You arrived outside an expensive looking cafe.

'Miss, we're here. I will be here waiting for you. Your blind dates will go for 30 minutes each. If you need anything i'm just right outside.' Your driver said.

'Thank you' You said before getting out of the car. With a deep breath, you walked into the cafe. You looked around and saw a man in a suit in the back corner of the cafe. He stood up and you walked over to him.

'Shin Jieun?' he asked you.

'Ne. And not to be rude, but you are?' You asked as your mother didn't tell you anything about the men that you were meeting.

'Park Shin Min' he said with a smile. He looked like he was in his mid 20's. 25? 26 maybe? Although it didn't sound very old but compared to you, he was. 'So... How old are you?'

'17, turning 18 in a few months' you replied. 'And you?'

'25' So you were right. You guys continued to talk to each other and got to know one and another.

'Oh by the way, i have a boyfriend.' you said.

'BWOH?' Park Shin Min shouted.

'Yeah, that's right. So if you can't deal with that, please stand up and leave.' You said with a smile. He got up immediately and walked out of the cafe.

The next guy came and he looked like he was in his 30s... You told him you had a boyfriend too but he said it was okay, as long as you kept it from the media. You stared at him from shock of his reply. The other 3 men had the same response as the first when you had told him that you had a boyfriend. You didn't blame them though, you would have been like that too. Except it was good this way, meaning that you didn't have to get married soon.

You came home from your blind dates exhausted and sat onto a couch in the living room.

'How were the blind dates? Did you meet anyone you like?' you mother bombarded you with questions.

'No. Why are all my blind date partners so old? And they all walked out on me besides one, when i told them i had a boyfriend.' I said.

'YOU DID WHAT?! I thought you broke up with him!' Your father exploded.

'Nope. I couldn't bare to. So we're still together.' 

'You have to break up with him, NOW. I'll give you by the end of tomorrow before you have to go on your blind dates again' Your mother said.

'Ugh, fine!' You said as you walked off into your room. You picked up your phone and dialed Hyo Rin's number.

'Jieun? How were your blind dates? Were some of the guys hot?' Hyo Rin sounded just like your mother before.

'No. They were old. Like 10 years older than me, ew.' You replied.

'Oh ew, what pedofiles. What happened?' She asked. You started telling her everything that had happened from your conversation with U-Kwon after school to your mother telling you to break it off with him.

'Oh wow...' She said after hearing everything. 'Are you really going to break it off witih him?'

'I don't know... I don't want to but my parents do. I don't know what to do about it.' You sighed. After a few minutes of silence, you started to get worried.

'Hyo Rin? You still there? Did something happen? Hello?' you started to panic.

'Chill. I'm still here. Sorry, i was lost in thought trying to help you come up with a plan. But the best i got was to lie to your parents saying you broke up with U-Kwon when you didn't. And you guys would have to be very careful of not getting caught' Hyo Rin suggested.

'Hm. I don't want to lie to my parents but that's the best option i have. Afterall, it's not like i really want to get married anyways and i love U-Kwon.' you said. 'Thanks Hyo Rin!'

'No problem bestie. I've got to get some beauty sleep now. Goodnight!'

'Goodnight bestie. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!' You said. Hyo Rin laughed and hung up.

You get ready for bed and soon drifted to sleep.