Grandmother?

My Fairytale Ending With...?

'Jieun, this is your grandmother. I know we haven't talked about her much but since you're almost 18, she wanted to meet you' your mother said.

*My grandmother? She hardly gets mentioned... I wonder why I'm meet her all of a sudden...*

'Anyonghaseyo halmoni' i greeted her while bowing 90°

'Jieun, you've grown quite beautifully. You will sure get married very soon' your grandmother sad while holding your arms.

'BWOH?! M-m-maried?!' you exclaimed in shock.

'Jieun! That's not how you talk to your grandmother!' your mother exclaimed.

'Heh, sorry halmoni... I was just a bit surprised...' you apologized to her.

'Theres no need to be surprised! You should have expected this. Because of your age and how you're going to inherit the company, you should've already expected this sooner or later. You will be going on blind dates starting from tomorrow after school.' your grandmother explained.

'But halmoni, i already have a bo-' you started to say until your mother shot you a look telling you to not say anything.

'Alright. Since i've already met Jieun, i should get going now.' your mother bid goodbye and your father walked her to the door.

'UMMA! Why didn't you let me tell halmoni that i already have a boyfriend?!' you shouted at your mother.

'BWOH?! YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND? HOW COME I NEVER KNEW?!' your father burst out saying.

'Your grandmother wouldn't approve of him because he has no status at all!' Argued your mother ignoring your father's sudden outburst.

'Andwae ummaaaaa' you whined. 

'You will have to break up with your boyfriend. I'm giving you until you find an appropriate husband alright? If the blind dates don't go well, then we'll just have to choose one ourselves.' Your mother said.

'But-' you started to say.

'NO BUTS. End of conversation' She concluded by going up the stairs.

'Now Shin Jieun, tell me about this boyfriend of yours. Why didn't you tell me?!' you father asked. But you simply ignored him and went to your room as you were in no mood to explain everything after what has just happened.

You went up to your room and decided you need to call someone to tell them about what has just happened.

'U-Kwonnie! Oh wait, that won't work... I should tell him though... maybe not now... HYO RIN!' you searched through your contacts and found Hyo Rin's number and started calling her. After a few rings, she picked up.

'Yoboseyo?' You heard her voice from the other end.

'HYO RINNNNN' you whine.

'Waeyo? Did something happen?' Hyo Rin asked.

You started to explain everything that had just happened.

'WOAH WOAH SLOW DOWN! Did you just say you're getting married? Going on blind dates? Breaking up with U-Kwon?! Oh wow...' Hyo Rin said.

'Yeah, i know right...' i sighed.

'Hm, maybe it won't be that bad. Maybe you'll have a hot caring husband who loves you. Maybe you'll fall in love with him' She said while trying to comfort you.

'But I have U-Kwon! How can i love another person when i love him? How am i supposed to tell him all this?' You sighed again.

'You have to tell him sooner or later. Sooner the better in case he finds out another way. Don't worry. I'll be with you along the way' Your best friend comforted you.

'Thanks bestie. I knew i can count on you' you smiled.

'No problem! Anyways i think you should get some sleep. You've got a big day ahead of you!'

'Yup. Goodnight Hyo Rin. Thanks for everything.' you thanked her.

'What are best friend's for? Goodnight' and she hung up.

You snuggled into bed and closed your eyes and soon you were sleeping soundlessly.