Principal's Office

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Dear Diary, 

     I'm a trembling mess. This is Friday the 13th, not being a superstitious person I thought no harm would come my way. Lately, my theories and scenarios have been off, because today I got into my very first physical fight and ended up breaking Bora's nose. I also had my dream of joining photography club shattered, because Namjoon decided to sabotage it and on top of that the school principal asked me to meet him in his office. I doubt it's a warm welcome meeting. I strolled down the halls slowly before entering the door labeled "Principal Nu." His eyes looked up to meet mine almost instantly. The sound of sobbing and sniffles met my ear as I opened the door and stepped into his office.

"May I help you?" He asked sturnly. 

"I'm Lee Sujin. You asked to speak with me, Sir." I stuttered before bowing politely.

"Ah, yes. I've been expecting you. Sit down." He put his hand out gesturing towards the vintage beige loveseat that was also occupied by Bora and Namjoon's . I bit my bottom lip whilst exhaling and shaking my head. I should've known they were the reason for having me here. Suddenly, I felt a panick attack coming on. 

"I said sit, Sujin. Don't make this any harder than it already is." The principal repeated.

"I'd listen to him if I were you." Namjoon decided to pitch in earning a scowl from me. He smirked before brushing his tongue against his bottom lip.  Bora pushed her blonde hair off of her sleeve then, pinched the bridge of her nose that had a bandaged wrapped around it.

"I won't begin just yet, I'm waiting for two more people." He announced while going through the scattered papers on his desks, organizing them into five neat piles. These were probably our documents of history. An uneasy feeling danced over me as we sat for a half an hour in silence. An occasional cough or sneeze followed by Bora's crying was the only sound in the room. When the door knob turned I was surprised to see Nari and Hongbin enter the room, joining us on the loveseat.  Hongbin raised his eyebrows at me as if he were asking "What's going on?" and I shrugged even though deep down I knew this was a set up. The only thing I couldn't figure out is what Nari had to do with the situation.

"Would you like some candy? I have peppermint, chocolate, lollipops. I'm suppose to be on a diet, but my niece always gives me candy. I don't like to say no to children." Principal Nu broke the silence and everyone exchanged looks before politely declining. 

"Can you tell us, why you called us down here?" Hongbin asked.

"I will get to that in just a moment, Hongbin. I would like for you to be patient. Actually, you & Nari can wait outside. I will call you back in a minute or two." He dismissed the two and they complied with his request. It was now only Namjoon, Bora, and me sitting in the room.

"Lee Sujin, new student, 3.2 GPA, history with suspension, fights, and referrals." Principal Nu read in disappointment before looking back up to meet my eyes.

"Is there anything you would like to say for yourself?" He interrogated me.

"Yes, there is. This is my first week of school! I don't want any trouble or issues with anyone. I just want to go to school and participate in groups that I enjoy." I defended myself hoping he would see the good in my short speech.

"You don't want any issues with anyone? Then, please explain Bora's broken nose. Do you know who did it?" He adjusted his glasses before staring at me sturnly anticipating my answer.There was no correct way to answer his question. This left me in a difficult position.

"I did it. I was defending myself. She choked me!" I admitted sheepishly and Bora scoffed.

"Choked you? That is absurd! Principal Nu I have been a student here for four years now, you know me very well and I have never had a violent nature towards anyone. People say I am kind, friendly, generous, sweet. Ask anyone in this school. She attacked me for no good reason! I think it was jealousy." Bora folded her arms across her chest.

"Jealousy? You just sound ridiculous. You have nothing that I want!" I replied angrily.

"Popularity. I heard about your struggles at your old high school that is why your parents moved here. They hoped you would be a better person, but you are an animal! Principal Nu, this is the face of a killer. If there weren't an audience I think she would have stabbed me. I don't feel safe, not at all." Bora began to sob dramatically again and my mouth fell agape. How the principal was eating up everything she said like hotcakes amazed me. Wasn't it obvious that I was the victim here. Sure, her nose is broken, but my bottom lip is swollen. He couldn't possibly think I would inflict this harm upon myself, did he?

"Now, you're just being dramatic!" I stood up from the loveseat with my fists balled up while staring at her, this didn't help the case of proving my innocence.

"See, Principal Nu? She's trying to hurt me, again!" She weeped and Principal Nu slammed his hand on the desk.

"Sit down right now, Sujin. I won't ask you a third time." He frowned and I did as told as I felt a lump swell in my throat. Nari and Hongbin were asked to join us again. 

"Han Nari, can you explain what happened today in the cafeteria?" Principal Nu turned his attention to my cousin who shook nervously. I snapped my head in her direction thankful to have someone help prove my innocence.

"They were fighting." She stuttered while avoiding eye contact. 

"Can you tell me who started the fight?" He continued to interoggate and I smiled knowing my name would soon be cleared. But, she hesitated. Nari tapped her finger tips on her knees repeatedly whilst rocking her body back and forth slightly. There were beads of sweat pertruding her forehead, which was unusual, because I've never seen her sweat even when we had to run to school. I now turned my head in the direction of Namjoon who sat there with a sly smirk on his face. 

"Sujin started it." Nari finally uttered. 

"What? No, Nari we both know that's not true. You saw her! She did this to me!" I pointed at my bottom lip. Nari continued to avoid eye contact with me and anyone else in the room. I was in utter shock as she lied.

"No, she's lying. I was there! I started it, but then Namjoon beat me up and Sujin stepped in to save me. Bora choked Sujin." Hongbin defended.

"Do you have any proof?" Principal Nu asked.

"I think these bruises on my body and scratch on my lip is enough proof!" Hongbin argued now clenching down onto his jaw.

"Sujin attacked Bora like a wild animal. They were having an argument about cheerleaders and popularity." Nari continued to spit lies. 

"That's all I needed to hear Nari you're dismissed. Hongbin, you're dismissed. Bora I am so sorry for this incident, I hope your nose feels better. Please, call your parents and take the rest of today off. You may have to go to the hospital." He insisted. 

"Thank you. Thank you so much!" Bora smiled whilst sniffling. Namjoon tried to leave with her until Principal Nu called his name.

"Don't think you're getting out of this one, you're not dismissed." The blonde haired boy stopped in his tracks as he watched his lover walk away before turning to face the elder. 

"Are you joking?" he replied snobbily.

"Do I look like I'm joking? Everytime there is a mischievous act or fight going on you always seem to pop into the equation. Tell me, why is that?" the principal elaborated and I smiled knowing he was going to get a taste of his own medicine.

"Wrong place, wrong time." Namjoon shrugged whilst smiling.

"Very funny. You, and your dear friend ,Lee Sujin will be serving detention tomorrow at 8am, no later."

"Excuse me?" 

"You heard me loud and clear. You guys will help organize the library together, putting all of the books back in order. Maybe then, you'll learn to not cause trouble. If you don't show up you will be suspended." He said before stamping a document on his desk.

"Sir, that's not fair!"

Bye- Taeyeon

"Neither is life. Don't bother leaving. I've already called your parents to pick you up." He informed us. It didn't take long for our parents to show up. I expected my mother to take me home, but instead my father's lovely police car showed up in the school parking lot.

"Your first week of school and you already have detention, because you sent someone to the hospital? Why, Sujin,why? I've been a good parent. I've told you everything to do to keep yourself out of trouble, but you always go looking for it. Is it a thrill to you, huh?" My father scolded me in front of Namjoon. My cheeks were turning a shade of pink now as I looked out the corner of my eye at the blonde haired boy. He looked just as serious as me.

"You think I chose this? I didn't even want to come to Korea. I was happy for once in my life, it felt good to just be alone. I miss walking at school and being invisible to everyone. Now, everyone is my bully, because I'm the target. Do you ever think about my feelings? Why am I even asking that? Of course you don't. You didn't care about Isseul's, so, why care about mine?" I shouted as the tears brimmed my eyes. My father clenched down his jaw and balled up his fist.

"Don't you ever talk about Isseul! That's it, get in the car! We'll talk about this at home." He tightened his grip around the steering wheel. I opened the passenger door reluctantly before sitting in the hot leather seat watching Namjoon's face fade away slowly as the car sped off. 

     At home I went to my room right away trying to block out the sounds of my family bashing me. Their whole conversation was about me and how much of a screw up, black sheep, stubborn girl I am. It hurt me and all I could do was cry into my pillow as I recalled every single terrible event that happened today. This was only my first week of school, why did it feel like hell? The door opened shortly after revealing a numb Nari. She didn't even walk like herself and she was more pale than usual. I turned my back on her as I laid on my side now facing the white wall. I felt my bed sink down on one side informing me of her presence.

"I'm sorry, Sujin."

"Why did you do it? Did they threaten you? Did they promise you something you'll never receive?" My voice cracked as the tears continued to pour.

"Sujin---"

"I don't even want to hear it. I wish we didn't share rooms. I wish I never came here." I was a pool of regret. I could feel her hand hovering over my head as she decided whether or not to touch my hair. She slowly pulled it away before lifting herself off of the mattress. Her heels clicking on the wood floor as she exit the room to sit on the balcony. I wanted revenge and that's what I was going to get. Choi Bora...Namjoon, you're so dead.