1 Girl 2 Attacks

Marked By Kim Namjoon

I rubbed my arm awkwardly whilst standing there before he pat down on the grass inviting me to join him. I was hesitant knowing our history, but there was something about this Namjoon in particular that didn't make me feel one hundred percent afraid. His energy felt different, more welcoming, kind, sweet. Not that it was possible for him to possess these amazing qualities...Or maybe it was. 

When I took hesitant steps towrward him he sighed in aggravation.

"If you're going to sit, just do it. Stop taking your sweet time like I'm going to kill you." He snapped while throwing another pebble. I inhaled before doing as told, sitting down beside him.

"Well, sorry if I don't feel comfortable sitting next to the person who basically destroyed my life and is also my bully." I retorted before throwing a rock as well. He scoffed then, turned his body to look at me.

"Sorry, I didn't feel the need to comfort the obnoxious girl who leaked my tape for the entire school to see." He argued matching my tone and I rolled my eyes.

"Really? A tape? So, you're the victim here? If you didn't want to have it leaked then, maybe you should have in a place where no one can see. You know somewhere private like your own home or a hotel."

"I'm so tired of your , Sujin! You always act like you're the victim, you're the one that's going through pain, you're the one that's suffering. You can't open your eyes and see where the real victim is. If I leaked a tape of you having you would call yourself the victim, but because I'm a guy, I can't? If you can't see how wrong that is...You know what forget it. I don't have to explain anything to an underdeveloped brain like yours. You'll never understand anyway." He turned away now making as if I didn't exist while throwing pebbles. 

There was a moment of silence again before I exhaled.

"I'm sorry...I will admitt I took thingstoo  far, but what you did after I leaked the tape was far much worse. I have a record now because of your little set up. I won't be able to get into my dream college now, because of you. We both took things too far."

"Dream college? You sound like a brat...Be happy you can get into college at all. At the end of the day all they want is a degree, they don't care where you got it. They just want it." He spat.

"Easy for you to say. You have no aspirations besides becoming a professional athlete so you can bone girls from all over the world." I remarked and he smirked slightly.

"Yep. It's been my longtime dream to be in the Guiness World Record book for guy who's ed the most girls in the world. I'm glad you understand me, Sujin." He replied sarcastically.

"Why do you have to be such an ?" I shouted.

"Mmm...I don't know. Guess it's my new hobbie."

" you!" I stood up from the grass and walked in the other direction.

"I'm sure you'd love to, but this is reserved for someone who doesn't talk ." He hollered whilst smiling proudly. 

"See, this is your problem! You're rude! Everything has to be a snide remark or insult from you? Why can't you just be nice for a second?" I emphasized my words and he sighed before drawing his knees into his chest. He avoided eye contact with me and looked up at the stars in the sky instead. 

"...Why did you come here?" He asked in a softer tone now as he wrapped his arms around his legs. I paused for a second not knowing what he meant at first. Did he mean what was I still doing here talking to him? Because, I didn't know the answer to that. My body wouldn't let me leave even with all of the hate I felt for him. I couldn't leave him alone, not like this, because if I were him I would want someone to comfort me. Did he mean why I came to the Fountain of Truth or why I agreed to this whole camping trip? 

"...Insomnia. I couldn't sleep to save my life. Maybe, it's because a part of me doesn't feel safe here...What about you? Did you ever come back to the camping sight today?" I asked slowly, but hesitantly approaching him again. 

"No." He nodded making eye contact with me for a second before looking away. I sat down beside him once more before turning to look at the bandage wrapped around his arm. As if he could feel my gaze he turned his head to look at me before wrapping his hand around the wound in attempt to cover it.

"It's not as bad as it looks..." He chuckled inwardly and I sad smiled. It was clear he was suffering.

"Did they give you numbing spray?" I asked now examining the bloody bandage myself.

"Yeah. This isn't my first wound...I can handle it."

"You need to change the dressing...Hold on." I ped my backpack before digging out the gauze roll. He raised one eyebrow as I held out my hand indicating for him to give me his arm. 

"What do you think I'm going to do, kill you?" I rolled my eyes and he gave into my request hesitantly. His eyes wincing slightly when our skin came into contact. I unraveled the soiled dressing on his arm slowly and gently to make sure any stitches that caught onto the bandage didn't pull. He stayed surprisingly calm through the whole process and didn't make a sound or strange face. His skin bubbled and sizzled as I applied alcohol to the wounded surface and he still remained calm as if nothing were happening. This definitely wasn't his first battle wound. After I completed the cleansing process I wrapped fresh gauze around his arm tying it to keep it shut. I was surprised to find Namjoon's eyes on me the entire time. It was an observing expression. It was as if he studied every feature on my face. 

I gulped awkwardly as sweat petruded my forehead and my body shivered uncontrollably. The only thing I could think of was Nari's story about Namjoon and the new girl on the last camping trip...Wasn't I in the same situation right now? He smirked noticing my nervous state before sliding backwards to give me more space.

"...Thanks." He clicked his tongue and winked. I nodded awkwardly not expecting a thank you from the infamous Kim Namjoon.  This was the same guy who told me I was nothing, but trash, but somehow we managed to sit here and act civilized...Even if it was only for two seconds. It counted in our record book. Afterwards, we sat in utter silence looking at the stars and listening to the waterfall across from us.

"So, why is it called the fountain of truth?" I asked whilst laying on my back and looking at the sky. The sound of dripping water soothed my soul and I found myself becoming sleepy.

"It was supposedly cursed by a witch, whoever drank from the water would be given a truth serum for a couple of hours, making it impossible to lie. It's a really dumb story." He yawned. Apparently, the waterfall was effecting him as well.

"And you've never tried drinking from it?" I asked in an exagerrated tone now looking at my reflection in the clear water.

"I never had a reason to tell the truth..." He mumbled and I stared at the sleepy troublemaker with sad eyes. He needed to get his mind off of things at home and I knew exactly how to do that.

"Do you remember when I gave you a new bandage?" I beat around the bush.

"Let me guess it came with a price?"

"Something like that..." He sat up instantly aggravation in his eyes. He ran his fingers through his messy hair, flipping it backwards before making eye contact with me and I sneered at him.

"What do you want, Sujin? I don't like being in debt so, if you want something you better say it right now before I change my mind." His voice was sturn now. 

"Get in the water." I smiled and his expression became perplexed.

"What? Are you insane? It's freezing outside and you want me to get into the water? If you wanted to kill me, why didn't you just let me die back there instead of saving me?" He refused his eyebrows now furrowed. 

"Well then, I guess when we go back to school I'll just have to do something about it." I teased.

"And now you're blackmailing me? Wow, Sujin. I should've known nothing good would come from you helping me. Everyone has a price tag, right?" He nodded before standing up.

"That's not what I'm trying to do! Listen, this camping trip so far has been an absolute disaster for pretty much everyone...I just wanted us to escape all of that for a minute and do something fun. We deserve it." 

"Why would you care if I have fun or not?"

"Because, I would want someone to for me." I shrugged whilst smiling and his eyes became wide. 

"What did I say something wrong? Come on, don't read into what I said...It's not like how you think."

He put his hands out in front of him before walking towards me very slowly.

"Don't move. Don't move a single limb, Sujin." He warned me.

"And now you're threatening me?" 

"No, listen...There's a bear right behind you. Don't scream. Don't move." He whispered. As if on cue I felt the bear's hot breath brush against my neck raising goosebumps to my skin's surface. The hair on my neck stood up instantly and I couldn't fight the urge to turn around and look the bear directly in the eyes. It flared it's nostrils before puffing out more breath. My legs shook involuntarily as I looked the animal in the eyes waiting for it's next move. It was as if my feet cemented to the ground, I couldn't move.

"What do I do?" I asked in between my teeth whilst looking out the corner of my eye at Namjoon. He ped his back pack slowly trying not to make a lot of noise before pulling out a bottle of bear spray. 

"RUN!" He quickly spritzed the animal to disorient it before taking off. 

Stupid me I ran in the opposite diretion from him realizing my protection was now gone. I ran as fast and as far as my legs would go while screaming for my life. Looking over my shoulder every so often to make sure nothing was behind me and I wondered how Namjoon held up and if he was okay. I came to a stop once there was a great distance between me and the confused creature. The bear was nowhere in sight and I swore I found safety now...So I thought.

"Namjoon? Namjoon?" I called before having arms wrap around my body from behind. The hand placed on my mouth to muffle my screams before dragging me away unwillingly.

"Yah! Get your hands off me! Mmmm!" I screamed before biting my predator's hand. This wasn't Namjoon. I could tell by the hands, they were a little bigger and the body build didn't feel the same. My predator was dressed in all black and wearing a ski mask. The only thing revealed was his brown eyes and plump lips. 

"Don't say a word and don't fight it." The young boy said. He sound like someone from our team, but I couldn't pinpoint his voice with a name and a face. He grabbed my hands and pushed me against the hard tree before mercilessly ripping my shirt and pants off. He mashed his lips against mine trying to force his tongue down my throat as the tears left my eyes. In the woods...Alone. There was nothing I could do this man's strength outnumbered mine. 

"Please stop." I whimpered and he squeezed my face pulling mine towards his. 

"Come on, stop acting like you don't want it. This is what you girls dream of. This is your fantasy." He continued to harrass me. Everytime I tried to push him away he mashed me closer against the tree before forcing his lips onto mine. 

"Stop touching me!" I shouted as loud as I could only to find his fist come into contact with my cheek. I was dazed now as my head hit the tree. Everything became double and moved in slow motion.

"Don't touch me." I said weakly as my eyes shut slowly. It was when Namjoon snuck from behind my predator that I got what I asked for. Namjoon punched the guy several times allowing him to fall to the ground before wrapping a blanket around my bare body.

"I guess I just paid my debt." He smirked making me smile weakly.

The last thing I could remember was being picked up and carried away in his arms.

When I woke up me and Namjoon were in a cabin lying down in the same bed. He was sitting up of course while, my head was laying across his lap and my bare body covered in the blanket he gave me. Leo walked into the cabin and I couldn't imagine how wrong this image could've looked right now.