Study Buddies or More? pt 1

Marked By Kim Namjoon

"Why do you have Namjoon's clothes?" He asked as the tears swelled in my eyes. I was now laying on the concrete ground while looking up at him and the hoodie in his hand that he raised in the air.  Maybe, it wasn't a good idea to bring it with me to school. The truth is I was hopeful of returning it to him, because I wanted to talk. I thought maybe I could bargain with him and change the deal we made. I was looking for an excuse to talk to him. Leo believed me the first time when I said nothing were going on between me  and Namjoon, but would he believe me now? For the second time? It was highly doubtful even I knew this appeared strange.

"It's not what you think!" Was the first sentence that came to my mind and I mentally punched myself in the face. Be cliche, Sujin that's exactly what he wants to hear. I shut my eyes tightly for a second whilst cursing myself and shaking my head.

"It's not what I think? Do you know how suspicious that sounds? Now, I'm really curious!" He threw the hoodie back at me in disgusts. His arms now folded across his chest. I quickly retrieved the clothing and stuffed it into my backpack before standing up and preparing to explain the situation. My mind went blank and my body froze. What explanation could I give him? Should I tell the truth and risk someone else besides Nari knowing my feelings for Namjoon, my bully, who's not a bully anymore.

"Yah! Are you gonna talk or not?" Leo asked again making me wince slightly.

"Ne....The truth is...The truth is...." my tongue stiffened as my brain went through different scenarios.

"Don't even bother...I know that look on your face. It's the same one that Suna had before he got her knocked up in the woods and she had to transfer to another school." There was hatred in his voice now as he balled up his fists in anger. 

"Leo---"

"You have no idea what you're getting yourself into, Sujin. He has no heart! He is a ruthless and you're falling right into his trap. Tell me, what has he said to you? Has he tried to commit to you? Has he promised to change his dirty ways just for you?" Leo yelled. My body shook involuntarily. This situation really hit home for Leo and I felt bad for dragging him into my shenanigans. 

"Namjoon isn't as bad as you think. He's opening up to me more and more. I'm getting to know the real type of person he is underneath that dark facade. He is kind, funny, warm, gentle, and sensitive." 

"You are wrong! You're gonna get hurt just like Suna!" He ran his fingertips through his hair before exhaling in frustration. He was pacing back and forth now. 

"Listen, I don't want to argue or have any other problems with you. I just want to know if you've heard from him or seen him."

"Why do you have his hoodie? You still haven't answered that!" There was panick in his voice and I knew I had to tell him in order to settle things down.

"Me and Nari went out clubbing, I had too many shots and almost got gang by some guys in the club...Namjoon saved me, he took me to his place, and gave me warm clothes to sleep in." I decided the honest story was the best.

"That's it? Nothing else happened between you two?" He continued to interrogate and I nodded.

"Please, tell me what you know. Namjoon and I made a deal. If he beat me in soccer I'd never talk to him again and we'd pretend each other never met or existed in eachother's lives." I begged desperately.

"You don't want that, do you?" He asked rhetorically and I nodded again. He cleared his throat before brushing his hair back again.

"I haven't heard from him since last soccer practice."

"When was that?" I asked with a little bit of hope. 

"Three days ago. We don't talk outside of school. Our friendship hasn't been the best for a long time, Sujin."

"Right...Right." I nodded frantically while rubbing my arm awkwardly.

"You should ask Hope. He'd be open to talking to you about it. He's the most open minded person in the crew besides Suga. " Leo informed me. 

"Where could I find him?" 

"Art class. He always sneaks in at this time to paint he leaves them for the professor." 

"Thanks." I quickly rushed off after putting my backpack on but Leo stopped me by touching my elbow softly. 

"I wanna see you afterschool tomorrow...Meet me in the parking lot?" 

"Of course!" I smiled.

---------------------------------------------------

I strolled down the halls aimlessly. Where the heck was I going? This was the five-hundred building surely, the Art class room would be right around the corner. The school map hadn't failed me as I reached the Art room. My hand turning the knob as I entered slowly not finding anyone in the room. It was strange for the door to be unlocked without anyone occupying the inside.  I decided to investigate further and regretted it instantly as I found Hope and Nari together in the art supply storage room. The door was wide open as he ed in her from behind.

"Mmmm Nari-ah!" He groaned as she moaned loudly. I was completely traumatized by the scene. Especially, because she was the main one to tell me to stay away from BTS altogether. I quickly exit the room and decided to wait in the hallway until they finished. A million questions circling through my head. When did they get together? How long had this been going on? Why didn't she tell me and were they secretly dating or just having ? Surely, this wasn't any of my business but the freaking curiousity was killing me. Ten minutes had passed and I was positive I were going to be late to my first class when Nari walked out alone popping her head out the crack of the door and looking both ways to make sure no one was there. How subtle! Her eyes widened in shock when she acknowledged my presence and she nearly fell.

"Sujin-ah! What are you doing here?" She tried to pull herself together and act casual. A part of me wanted to confront her, but time was flying by and we lived together . There was plenty of time to ask her at home. 

"I'm looking for Hope. Leo told me he would be in the art room so."

"Oh...Jinja? I haven't seen him...Not that I would see him, because I've never talked to him in my entire life." She stuttered making me roll my eyes.

"Your shirt is missing a button." I pointed out and beads of sweat began to petrude her forehead.

"Oh it must've gotten lost in the wash...Well, I'm gonna go now! Bye!" She ran quickly tripping once before making it around the other side of the hall. I chuckled inwardly before entering the Art room to find Hope dressing himself. His eyes widened and his expression was startled.

"Sujin! What are you--"

"Save it! I'm not gonna even ask why you and my cousin were just having in here. I've only come to ask one question. Where is Namjoon?" I placed both of my hands on the desk as I leaned over. Hope quickly zipped his pants and buttoned his shirt before approaching me.

"Sujin, me and Nari--"

"I told you I don't care! I can tell you're a good person and wouldn't do anything to hurt my cousin. I just want to know if he's okay and the last time you spoke to him."

"Are you a detective now?" He snickered and I raised an eyebrow at him changing his expression instantly. He cleared his throat.

"Namjoon is fine, okay? I spoke to him this morning."

"Why hasn't he come to school then?"

"He comes for soccer practice, but not the classes. He's been stressed out and confused lately." Hope explained while scratching his head.

"Confused about what?" There were so many things I wanted to know about the yet again mysterious Namjoon, but it seemed impossible without his closest friends giving me a spoonful of insight and knowledge.

"Everything."

"Be specific, Hope. Tell me exactly what he told you." I demanded.

"Don't you think that's a little personal? Everyone deserves privacy."

"It's kind of too late for that Mr. I go on people's territory to save them when they're falling from a tree. You never finished explaining everything that day so, now you have a free ticket." I negotiated and he exhaled.

"Namjoon is dealing with grief right now. He's an orphan. He lost his mother at a young age, Sujin and now he's lost his father. It's really rough whether his father was abusive or not, he loved that man. Before his mother passed, him and his father had a wonderful relationship. They were always bonding and spending time together."

"I know he's going through grief. I can help him through it, but he has to open up to me."

"It's not that simple. He really cares for you, Sujin. You're the first girl that really makes him feel something and to avoid that feeling he tries to be with other girls thinking he can erase you, but he can't. He might be in love with you." Hope exclaimed and my shoulders tensed at the word love. Could it really be possible? Was the soccer game another attempt to erase me?

"Love?" I repeated aloud and Hope nodded.

"What should I do?" My voice was weak.

"Give him time and he'll come to you, I promise."

--------------------------------------------------------------

And he did come to me, but not on purpose. It wasn't by choice but assignment. 

"Kim Namjoon? You finally decided to show up to class? Very impressive." Our teacher spoke in a sarcastic manner earning a few laughs from the class. Namjoon held his head down the usual cocky facade he had was gone as he slowly made his way to his assigned desk.

"You don't have anything to say?" The teacher continued to harrass him. 

"Yah! Leave him alone!" I blurted. Namjoon's head perked up right away as he stared at me an unknown expression on his face. 

"I'm sorry ms.Lee do you have something to say?" My biology teacher slowly walked torward me with the ruler in his hand. I in my bottom lip whilst furrowing my eyebrows.

"I...Uh...I...Just think everyone's had a hard time lately and we should just leave each other alone." I stuttered and the teacher bursts into giggles.

"I'm glad you think so, Ms.Lee. I was just about to assign study buddies for our final exam and it looks like you and Namjoon get along so well. So, I will assign you guys together!" He announced and my cheeks became hot as I turned around to look back at a brooding Namjoon.

"N-No! That's not what I---"

"Don't argue. I'm the teacher you're the student! Deal with it!" He demanded and I sunk low into my seat. I knew Namjoon would hate me after the deal we made. Well, at least I thought. 

He waited for me by my locker and I gulped thinking the bully in him were going to strike again but instead he said,

"Meet me at my cabin at 6:30 tonight." before taking off.