Mouse in A Trap

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Dear Diary,

     my wish came true. Namjoon was kicked off the soccer team and I gained my rightful spot on the team. We trained hard for the past week where Namjoon was no where to be found despite the rest of BTS coming to practice. He didn't even come back to school. A part of me worried aout his well-being, knowing what kind of life he lives with his father. The day I heard them yelling at eachother replayed in my head and I couldn't help feeling the guilt inside me. What would his father do to him after he found out Namjoon were suspended or kicked off the team? I bit my bottom lip in frustration. I should enjoy this  moment being on the field with the guys...And a few girls, planning for our victorious game. No, instead I'm thinking of the stupid meathead womanizing jock. He got what he deserved, right? This wasn't taking it far? 

"Alright everybody take ten. You worked really hard today! Great job!" Leo blew his whistle before walking over to the bleachers for a gatorade. Some of them sighed in relief before laying across the soft grass. This week was the most crucial of them all, teammates who never sweat during practice before, were drenched. I found myself panting as usual my gray t-shirt was soaked in sweat from the front to the back. I drank my bottle of water thirstily. My throat was parched and I found myself gulping down the whole thirty-six ml in minutes. Leo smiled at me amusedly before throwing a towel at me. It landed perfectly on my head and I bowed to him slightly after removing it to wipe my forehead.

"Great job, rookie." He encouraged before ruffling my wet hair.

"Thanks, you too." I smiled. 

Apparently, BTS didn't like the way our conversation was going or the way we stared at eachother, because they decided to step in. Making their way to us shortly after my thanks.

"Hyung, what do you think you're doing?" Jimin frowned. 

"Talking to a friend during my break. Do you have a problem?" Leo asked unamusedly.

"You know we do, she's the reason Namjoon is off the team!" V jumped into the conversation snarling his teeth like a wild animal. 

"I'm sorry your boyfriend isn't on the team anymore, but you can't blame Sujin with no proof. Those are just rumours." Leo defended. This infuriated V making him grab Leo by the T- Shirt he balled up his fist lifting in into the air as if he were going to punch Leo in the jaw. But Jungkook grabbed his friend pulling him away before he could make the mistake. The rest of the team just watched the scene waiting for what would happen next. V quickly gained his composure before adjusting his sweaty shirt. 

"Namjoon will be back and when he returns we're not gonna take it easy on you." V pointed at me before walking away with the rest of his gang. I bit my lower lip then, turned to look at Leo who was clenching down on his jaw. 

"I'm sorry." I apologized and he continued to stare out into the field.

"Don't apologize." He spoke softly then, entered the field to talk to the other members.

     When practice was over Hongbin & I walked home together our usual school routine. We talked about our classes, photography club, since Hongbin is a member and we also talked about my soccer practice. I told him the threats I received from BTS and he promised to protect me as always. But, I didn't want to involve my new friends in my problems. I wanted to fix things on my own even if it meant ending up in a coffin like Leo said....Well, maybe not a coffin, but the situation made me feel uneasy and the immense guilt I felt still didn't fade away. We strolled all the way until we met my driveway where my father's car reside for once in a while. 

"I'll see you at school tomorrow, ok? Everything will be fine, Sujin." He ruffled my damp hair. I nodded with a small smiled painted across my lips.

"See u tomorrow, Bin." I waved before unlocking the front door and going inside. I slid off my dirty sneakers at the porch before slipping my feet into my slippers. My stomach growled as I inhaled the scent of a sweet korean BBQ. I sat my backpack down immediately then, took a fork out of the drawer, spotting the beef cooking on the stove. I stabbed a piece with my fork before tasting the tender juicy meat. I moaned in satisfaction when it melted in my mouth whilst closing my eyes. The feeling of paradise was short lived when a hand hit the back of my head. I rubbed away the stinging sensation before turning around to find my mother.

"Yah! It's not ready yet. I swear you're just like your father!" She hissed whilst shaking her head in disapproval.

"Eomma! I'm hungry! Soccer practice was rough today!" I whined like a child hoping she would give in.

"Nice try! I don't care how rough it was. You will take a shower then, join your family for dinner. By the time you're done everything will be ready. Now, shoo!" She shooed me away while doing a fanning gesture as if I were a raccoon sorting through a dumpster. I sighed in defeat then, complied with her request. Twenty minutes later I joined my family at the dining table, preparing myself for my daily insult as usual.

"How was school today, girls?" Aunt Sorin started the conversation.

"I would like to know too. You girls have been working so hard lately. Nari is in multiple clubs while still completing her school work and Sujin is a soccer player." my mother chirped with enthusiasm. I smiled finally getting recognition for something good.

"Nari is always working hard, she's perfect." My father complimented before sipping his glass of water and I furrowed my eyebrows. Nari bowed slightly while thanking my father and he nodded.

"Both of our children are perfect. Sujin, how has soccer practice been?" Sorin encouraged.

"Great. I really feel like I belong on the team. Everyone has been so nice and sweet. I'm starting to make friends." I smiled before stabbing another piece of beef on the plate.

"Apparently, you're not making enough friends, because you still write in that dumb journal." My father insulted. I placed my fork down onto the table, now losing my appetite. No matter what I did it wasn't good enough for him. I make friends, join a soccer team, get amazing grades. He didn't care. I would always be the devil in his eyes.

"Don't do this, again!" My mother warned him.

"No, Mom. It's okay. It's obvious that dad hates my guts and wish I were never born. He got rid of my brother, Isseul. Why not do the same to me? That's what he really wants!" I replied angrily.

"Don't you ever talk about him, ever!" He matched my tone.

"Why not? Your son is gay, dad! He likes boys just deal with it!"  I basically screamed only to find my father's hand meet my cheek. A loud clapping sound filled the room and I found myself lying on the floor whilst holding my cheek to calm the burning sensation. I felt a liquid drip from the corner of my mouth and touched it, moving away my hand only to find blood on my fingertips. There were tears b my eyes now. He hit me. For the first time, in a while. He struck my face with his big hand. Everyone remained silent for a few moments. My dad blot his mouth with a handkerchief.

"Thanks for dinner, honey. It was delicious." He said calmly before leaving the table and going to his room. I scoffed in disbelief and my aunt Sorin crouched down next to me with an ice pack. While my mother and Nari sat in shock. 

"You're gonna be okay, alright sweetie? I'll give you some medicine to make sure this doesn't swell tomorrow." Sorin talked to me in a soothing tone. I nodded whilst pushing the ice pack against my cheek. 

Nell- Slip Away

After, dinner was over I laid in my bed whilst looking at the ceiling. Nari entered the room slowly closing the door behind her. She didn't dare to say a word to me. She remained on her side of the room and shuffled around in her sheets falling asleep quickly. That's when I felt my phone vibrate next to me....Unknown.

From: Unknown

To: You

9:46 pm

I've never been defeated before, this is new to me. You win, okay? I realize what I did to you was wrong and childish. I took away everything you cared about, you had the right to do the same to me...Don't ask how I got your number. Can we please meet up for a truce?  ~ Namjoon

I gasped when his name met my eyes. A truce? Could this be another trick of his or was he genuine?

From: Unknown

To: You

9:50 pm

Here's the address. Let's meet up now. It's the only time I can go out while my dad is asleep.

He replied before I could respond. The feeling of fear consumed my body. What if this was just another game to him? I clicked on the link of an address. It took me to a gps of a place not far from here, a cute little cafe shop. I did want to get out of the house after everything that happened tonight, this was my ticket. Even if this seemed like a bad idea. I was willing to risk it, just to hear him out. I deserved an apology. If he could get on his knees and apologize to me that would be even better. I rubbed my hands together and smiled like a villain at the thought of it. I tiptoed down the stairs before sliding on my dirty sneakers and putting on my rain coat. There was a rainstorm now and I was beginning to think the weather in Korea were bipolar. I closed the door behind me slowly and quietly following the gps on my phone until I met the cute little cafe shop.

No one was inside and I wondered if this were the start of his little game. I scoffed. How typical. Just as I was about to turn around and leave my phone vibrated in my pocket.

To: You

From: Unknown

10:18 pm

You're not going to leave before I get to apologize, right? Come inside, I'm using the restroom. Have a seat. ~ Namjoon.

 

My gut instinct begged for me to flee, but the naive little girl in my heart decided to stay and enter the empty cafe shop. Where were the workers? Where were the customers? This place looked closed besides the fact all of the lights were on and it smelt like cupcakes were freshly made. I sat at the round glass table patiently, tapping my foot on the tile floor repeatedly. It was only a matter of time, before Nari woke up and realized I was missing if Namjoon wanted to apologize he needed to make this quick and sweet. 

"Come on, where are you? How long does it take to pee?" I sighed in frustration. My body jumped when the sound of the alarm system rang. 

"Intruder! Intruder! Intruder! Intruder!" The alarm said. A sensation of fear and panick rushed over me as I jumped up from my seat and pulled on the door handle. I was locked inside. I couldn't get out as the store flashed red and the sirens rung. I screamed. I cried. I banged on the door. I tried to kick the doors open and found my brain scattered. There was no other way out and I was put in lock down in a cute cupcake cafe. I cuffed my hands around my ears hoping to block out the loud sirens and found no luck. I laid on the floor in fetal position rocking back and forth begging for it to stop. It was only a matter of time before the police would come and arrest me for a break in and entering. I shook my head violently at the thought of what prison was like. I'm only 17 the last thing I imagined was being shoved into some juvenille center. My phone vibrated again and I screamed in agony.

To: You

From: Unknown

Did you really think, I'd give up that easily? You're more stupid than I thought haha. Looks like we'll both have a record now. See you at school next week, Sujin. P.S. I know hackers too. ~ Namjoon.

I sobbed hard, my body shaking frantically. This is a complete nightmare. What did I really expect from Satanjoon? But, always thinking of ways to get out of a problem, I remembered I could use Namjoon's text messages as evidence for my "break in and entering". Just as the thought came to my mind the text messages erased like a glitch. I tapped on the screen violently begging for the messages to reappear, but they were gone...Just like my alibi. The police cars pulled in seconds later breaking open the door and yelling at me to put my hands up. I cried frantically.

"I didn't do anything! I didn't do anything!" I sobbed as they put my hands behind my back and cuffed me before pushing me into the back seat of the vehicle. That was when I saw Namjoon on top of the roof waving at me as the cops took me away his face faded quickly as the car sped off. This really was war. I shut my eyes tightly thinking about how stupid I was to fall for this prank. What would happen now?