Operation Take Him Down

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Dear Diary, 

The week flew by. It was already the weekend and for some reason I felt uneasy about how Namjoon completely ignored my existence after finding out I would be on the team. Maybe it was because we were a team now and he had some strange rules about bullying teammates or maybe he was planning something wicked either way he can't be trusted. So, Hongbin and I were meeting each other at a local cafe on this beautiful rainy day in hopes of coming up with a plan that I like to call Operation Take Him Down aka OTHO! This may seem a bit over top to get even and take away something he is so incredibly passionate about, but he didn't care about my ambitions, how I strived to be apart of the photography club and he sabotaged it. Actually, this wasn't over the top. He deserved every little bit he could get. 

Hongbin entered the cafe doors waving at me with a smile on his face before sitting down at the round glass table with me. 

"Sujinah, you look pretty, as always." He complimented making the warmth find my now rosy cheeks. 

"Are you flirting with me, Lee Hongbin?" I asked playfully and he giggled.

"Who wouldn't flirt with the fierce, gorgeous, and brave Lee Sujin?" He played along before I stretched my arm across the table to nudge his shoulder, this only made him laugh more, turning his beautiful puppy like eyes into tiny slits. Our relationship was beginning to progress rapidly. We had several inside jokes, we bonded together after school at the park, and sitting together at lunch became a routine. It shocked me to see his dedication to our friendship even though I was Namjoon's target. There wasn't an ounce of fear and his body. We even made a pack together to always have eachother's backs. His oath seemed a lot more promising than Nari's.  Hongin and me have gotten so close to the point where rumors we're going around saying we were a couple, we got married that's why our last names are the same, and a million other ridiculous things. It made me wonder what their perspective was? Did we act like a couple? The flirting is evident, but we are just friends, and it needs to stay that way if we are going to map out a plan to destroy Namjoon.

"Get a room." A girl's voice from the corner told us. We snapped our heads in her direction finding a bandage nosed Bora and her beast, Namjoon. He sat at the booth with his arm around her neck and his legs crossed. That devilish smirk spread across his face as if he were mocking me. I facepalmed myself, trying to comprehend how I didn't acknowledge their presence then, the thought came across my mind of how long they were sitting there, and if they heard our whole conversation so far....Of course they did. 

     Bora stood up from the booth pulling Namjoon by the hand, forcing him to walk over to our table with her. 

"I didn't know they let retards in here." She remarked and I sneered at her.

"And I didn't know they let s in here." 

"You think you're sooo cool, huh? Standing up for yourself, acting like you don't give a , but it's really breaking you down, huh? Why don't you do everyone at school a favor and just disappear. You are a repulsive disgusting beast." She bent down slightly now whispering in my face haughtily. I dug into my purse pulling out a bottle of tic tacs before pouring it into my hand and popping it into .

"Your breath stinks. I think I get why you were having with Ellin in the library last week now, Namjoon. Who would want to kiss someone with the breath of a dog?" I retorted making Hongbin chuckle. Namjoon clenched his jaw down whilst furrowing his eyebrows making me sneer at him. Bora looked in Namjoon's direction with an uneasy expression. Her lips pouted slightly and her eyes twitched slightly before her gaze returned to me. She took the top off of her bubble tea before throwing it on me, making it splash on my white t-shirt. I watched the brown colored liquid slowly consume the cotton fabric before shaking my body off. Hongbin stood up almost instantly to hand me napkins and help clean my shirt.

"Listen up, ! If you keep crossing your boundaries, there will be consequences." She snarled.

"And if you don't stop bothering her, you'll have to deal with me." Hongbin stood in between us as if he were a barrier and I smiled. 

"Oooh scary, Namjoon can kick your sorry in five seconds. Do you really think I feel threatened? He beat you up once, would you like to get beat up again?" She challenged and Hongbin half smiled.

"Namjoon is a street fighter, I'm trained in maui thai, martial arts, karate, and wrestling. You didn't think I'd show off my skills at school and get suspended, did you? You did...Hmm, well we're not at school anymore, so watch your backs." He threatened whilst giving a convincing scowl. 

"I'm not scared of your trained . If you want to fight, let's do it!" Namjoon pushed up against Hongbin pushing him into my lap. It only took Hongbin two seconds to get up before wrapping his arms around Namjoon's waist to tackle him. Guests in the cafe screamed and shouted while others filmed. Bora gasped and whimpered, worried the beasts' face would be ruined. Somehow Namjoon ended up on top of Hongbin punching him in the mouth again. Hongin quickly gained control, now earning his position on top punching Namjoon twice. At this point, people were running out of the entrance. It wasn't until the owner stepped out of the back to kick them out they stopped. All four of us were thrown out onto the pavement. Where Namjoon wiped the blood away from the corner of his mouth whilst staring at me then, back to Hongbin. He spit out blood onto the concrete leaving a splatter mark.

"I thought you were better than this." Namjoon smiled bittersweetly before quickly gaining his composure. He adjusted his jacket the same way he did when I saw him leave his house before getting on to the motorcycle. Bora got on behind him, wrapping her skinny arms around his waist then, they sped off. 

I watched Hongbin's hair blow from the wind as he watched the couple speed away. He squinted his eyes. The sun was back out and it was brighter than ever. 

"Are you okay?" I asked sympathetically remembering their history of being childhood friends. He nodded slowly before flashing a tiny smile.

"Gwenchana. Let's make that plan, yeah?" He led the way to his car in the parking lot and I followed like a lost puppy. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived to his place there wasn't a single soul in sight and I wondered where his family went. I plopped down on his big soft bed before picking up the camera in his room and scrolling through the images. His photography was very interesting in fact, fascinating. Every frame told a story. How he could capture something so beautiful, was incredible. He returned from the kitchen with snacks for us to eat while planning our attack on the beast.

"So, where do we begin?" He asked now sitting down at his desk placing down a folder in front of him.

"We have to get him kicked off the team. It's the thing he's most passionate about. He took away my photography, I'll take away his soccer." 

"How will we accomplish something like that? I'm not saying it's not realistic, but we have to consider our options here. One, he's assaulted multiple people. Two, he has a record. None of those things have kicked him off so far." Hongbin reasoned whilst flipping through a giant folder.

"Yeah, but there has to be something and we need to figure out quickly, because soccer practice is in two days." I paced around the room whilst biting my nails. The thought of having to share the field with Namjoon made me cringe. He had to go. This is Survivor and I am voting him off the island. Hongbin nodded and grunted in response whilst flipping through papers in his folder. I rolled my eyes. I was becoming annoyed. It didn't seem like he was listening to anything I said.

"Yah! Are you listening to me?"

"Mmm." He responded the same. I stalked over to his side of the room and hovered over him as he sat at the table. It seemed like he wasn't taking the situation seriously.

"No, you're not! You're looking at whatever is in that stupid folder." I replied irritatedly then, frowned realizing how much I sounded like my father.

"This stupid folder, is Namjoon's file." Hongbin remarked and I quickly gathered by his side to read the document.

"What? How? How is that even possible?" I squealed triumphantly.

"I have connections, but we need to split this in half. The document is too big for one person. That way we can find out dirt on him faster." He replied nonchalantly dividing the papers in half before handing it to me.

"Omo! You're a genius!" 

"Anything for Sujin, now let's take him down!"