Results

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Dear Diary, 

   School was starting up again and I was curious about how today would turn out. Would he bother me or leave me completely ignore my existence? Choice two didn't seem like an option at this point so, I mentally prepared myself for the exhausting day. My plan of getting revenge on Bora and Namjoon was still in effect. All I needed was to brain storm my options and I knew Hongbin would be perfect for advice on my operation.

"Good morning!" My mother chirped in the kitchen flipping the hot cakes in the frying pan.

"Good morning." I mumbled back, before sitting at the table. Despite my lack of appetite, I made an effort to fill my stomach with hot cakes and eggs along with orange juice, knowing my hunger would beat me up later.

"Are you okay, Sujin?" my aunt questioned me with a concerned expression. Although, she is one of the most annoying family members I've ever met, she was the best. Unlike my birth parents, she was nurturing, she actually cared about my well-being and interests. We actually had a few conversations when no one was home. They were all pleasant she had a million stories to share and I enjoyed listening to them. It was unusual to have someone worry so much about me. It was something that took getting used to.

"Yep, I'm fine."

"She's just nervous. The results for the clubs, go out this morning." Nari came down the steps with her backpack and uniform on. She flashed a sympathetic smile towards me and I avoided eye contact. 

"Pogihajimara, I'm sure you'll both get in to all of the clubs you desire. They would be fools not to choose such lovely girls." Sorin ruffled my hair and I smiled.

"Thanks, auntie." 

"Yeah, yeah. Hurry up, brush your teeth, and catch the bus. You can't be late for this special day."

"Yes ma'am." Nari saluted, going to the bathroom and I followed suit.

As soon as I entered the restroom with her I could feel the tension thicken. Every lie she told replayed in my head like a broken record. What could Namjoon & Bora bribed her with that could make her do something so cruel? I thought Nari & me would have a close relationship like best friends after the secrets we shared. Wrong. How stupid. How foolish. Namjoon's words now came to mind. 'No one is your friend. No one can be trusted. Learn to defend yourself.' The first thing he said that actually made sense. It was time for me to stop seeking help from others, but to put my big girl on and handle this myself as I planned. Namjoon was going down like the titanic. I was going to make sure of it. 

     Nari stood at me through the mirror guiltily while brushing her teeth and I ignored her, not caring to hear another apology. I gargled quickly before sliding on my sneakers and walking to the bus stop without her. She quickly jogged behind to meet up with me, panting when she finally met my side.

"Yah! I was calling you back there and you didn't stop." She complained whilst holding her knees to catch her breath. 

"I didn't hear you." I said numbly whilst looking forward into the street. She stood next to me awkwardly trying to gather the words to say.

"Sujin, what happened on Friday---" Her voice was soft and filled with regret.

"What are you gonna say, that it was terrible, it was a mistake? You think I haven't heard all of those before?" My voice remained firm as the wind breezed through my hair and brushed against my skin. 

"I really am sorry. I wish I could take it back." Nari looked down ashamed of herself.

"When Principal Nu asked to see me in his office, I was terrified. I knew no good could come from something like that and when you walked into the room I thought you would have my back. I thought we would fight them together, but you're weak. You're a coward and honestly, I pity you. We may live under the same roof, but that doesn't mean we have to be friends."

"Sujin---"

"Don't talk to me, don't touch my things, just leave me alone. I've dealed with enough people like you in my past, I won't go through it again." I said numbly as the bus pulled up in front of us. I didn't have to turn around to know Nari was sobbing. I could hear her whimpers, her sniffles, the seconds where she gasped for air in between and this wasn't limitted to the bus stop. She proceeded to cry on the bus as well. Although, my heart did tighten at her pain I refused to comfort her, she needed to know how it feels to be hurt immensly by the ones you trust, before I could ever accept her back into my life. 

     Bts were on the bus again and I kept silent doing my best to ignore their obnoxious behaviour, rolling my eyes ocassionally at their immature jokes. This time, Namjoon didn't approach me, or even glance in my direction which was not a comforting feeling. Something told me he was planning or maybe it was just the paranoia he accused me of in the library. Who knows?

     As soon as I got off of the bus, my eyes met Hongbin's shiny red hair. He sat on the bench waiting for me, the angelic smile tugging at his lips when he noticed me. He waved before approaching us and Nari stayed right behind me the whole time desperately hoping I'd take back my words. 

"Hey, Nari." Hongbin bowed slightly to be polite, noticing her red nose and running mascara. 

"Hey, Hongbin is it?" She sniffled.

"Ne."

"....Right, well I have to get going. My friends are waiting..Nice to see you though!" 

"Good luck on your results!" Hongbin shouted before turning back to me with a smile.

She ran off to her little clique standing at the entrance. I heard them gasp and shriek amongst each other before saying

"Omo! Eonni, what happened to you? You look terrible! Let's fix your makeup. Your eyeliner and mascara is running!" They escorted her to the bathroom, one person on each side of her holding her up as if she were crippled while the other two trailed behind. 

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"As well, as I could have." We entered the big glass doors together, walking side by side through the crowded hallway. People stared at me whispering and laughing, probably more rumors no doubt. Hongbin glared back at the people defensively.

"I understand why, it must be hard to have the whole school talking about you." 

"Yeah...It definitely doesn't settle well with me." I sighed whilst opening my locker to grab my dirty textbook. Hongbin leaned against the other lockers to support his weight.

"How was detention?" He asked and I groaned playfully.

"It was the worst experience in my life. Namjoon is completely delusional. I think he needs a psychiatrist." 

"Oh really? Well, I know something that will cheer you up."

"What?" I closed my locker shut intrigued.

"The results!" Hongbin smiled widely.

"Oh. No. No. No. I don't want to see that right now." 

"Come on stop being so stubborn. Let's go!" He pulled me by my free hand.

"Nope, I'm good right here!" I tried to cling to the lockers but found myself struggling against the strong boy.

He picked me up, laying my frail body across his right shoulder. My legs flailed as I begged for him to put me down playfully. 

"Excuse me, coming through!" He said as we pushed through the crowd before placing me back down in front of the orange sheet posted on the bulletin. I covered my eyes with one hand nervously before skimming through the list. My name printed under soccer. 

"I made it! I made it!" I jumped up and down happily now pulling Hongbin into my embrace before giving him a peck on the cheek. When I broke apart our hug his cheeks were covered in a deep shade of red. He rubbed the back of his neck shyly. The crowd cleared slowly making an aisle down the middle for BTS to walk through. Namjoon placed his index finger on the orange sheet before sliding it down. His finger stopping at my name.

"Ah, Sujin. Welcome to the team. Let's play hard." He winked whilst clicking his tongue before taking off with the rest of the crew.

I stood there in confusion as terror rushed over me, I shoved the people out of the way to read the results once more. His name was printed at the top of the list next to the word "Captain". Kim Namjoon is the captain of the soccer team.

"Ige mwo ya!" I squeaked. "why is his name here?" I wanted to scream.

"Didn't you know, Namjoon is the captain of the soccer team?" A random girl in the crowd noted.

"Co-captain. They did a mis print, again. I'm the one who calls the shots." A brunnette boy corrected. "welcome to the team, Sujin. You'll do well." He pat my shoulder and smiled before taking off. This was an absolute nightmare.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you going to quit?" Hongbin asked me at lunch.

"I'm considering it." I picked up my fork around the food in my box. "Soccer is my favorite sport. I don't want to just give up. Maybe, I should stay." That's when the light bulb dinged in my head and I gasped with excitement before staring at Hongbin with big eyes.

"Yah! WHy are you making that face?" He asked curiously.

"This is perfect for my revenge."

"Your revenge, huh?" His expression became confused. I bit on my finger as I played the scenario in my head.

"I want to get Namjoon and Bora back for what they did to me...I'm going to get Kim Namjoon kicked off of the soccer team." I smiled sinisterly before fake evil laughing.

"Whoa, Sujin. I really like the idea, but isn't that kind of bold? I mean, if he's the captain doesn't that mean he has amazing skills?"

"Not necessarily, he was given the title as co-captain, meaning he wasn't good enough to get the full name and something tells me he's pulling a few strings in the back to fill this slot. Either way, I'm getting revenge and this is God's given gift to me to finish the job." I stated while narrowing my eyes at a laughing Namjoon from across the canteen, Bora sitting on his lap with a bandage on her nose.

"You have guts, Sujin. Whatever you do, I'm behind you. Let's take him down." Hongbin agreed and we clacked our milk cartons together as if we were toasting wine.