Show Time Pt 3

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Me and Namjoon walked together side by side knowing we should limit the skinship in public. Bora continued to smile and laugh with my family throughout their conversation. I watched from a distance my blood boiling more and more by the second. Things were finally starting to be okay. There was no way in hell I would let her defeat me yet again or take Namjoon away from me.  We've made too much progress to start again. Namjoon was equally unhappy seeing her here I could tell by the way the corners of his mouth twitched with anger. 

"I don't think we can face this together." I told Namjoon and he stopped while staring at her from a distance. He quickly turned to me with furrowed eyebrows.

"We have to...."
"Namjoonah, I like you, but we're not together...And my family can't know about us. To everyone else you're still my enemy, if not aqquaintance. How would I explain your presence?" I rationalized the situation with him and he nodded his head in agreement. For a second, I thought I caught a glimpse of a wincing Namjoon at the statement 'we're not together'. Just as I questioned his actions he pulled himself together adjusting his suit. 

"I'll be watching from a distance." He murmured and I nodded before walking over to my family's table. Bora has a smug expression on her face before putting her hand out to shake my hand in a taunting manner.

"Sujin, your performance was amazing. I'm very impressed. I would've never thought you were a talented vocalist." She sneered.  I scoffed whilst keeping my hands folded across my chest. I didn't dare to touch the demon's treacherous hand. 

"Yeah, the performance was flawless until she fell." My father took a jab at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"Either way. Bora is here because she wanted to speak with you, honey. She went away for a while and has formed into a new person." My mother enthused as Bora continued to sneer at me while batting her false lashes like a child.

"Yes, your mother is right, Sujin," Bora stood up from her chair before approaching me slowly (her way of trying to sell the act). I backed away with each step she took towards me,

"Sujin, I'm not proud of my actions from the past. I really had a lot of growing to do. I've caused you alot of harm and suffering. I never imagined it would have gotten that far....Maybe if I wasn't insecure, maybe if I wasn't a subject to abuse myself, I wouldn't have done those things to you.  It may have been a short time since our events passed, but I've learned alot and have truly learned from my actions. I apologize for everything. Will you ever forgive me?" She continued with her false speech.  

"Where have you been all of this time?" I asked out of curiousity. She definitely didn't travel this whole way to see me and apologize. There were hidden intentions that I wanted to investigate.

"I was in London for a month. They have an amazing therapy group. That is why I am so happy to see you here in a similar environment as I was. Therapy groups really help guide you through life and assure that you will be fine later. It was a healing process and I have been healed. I pray to heal your scars as well." She bowed to me at the end of her statement. My mother held her hand over her heart as if she were truly touched. My father for once in his life had a smile painted across his face. Meanwhile, my aunt and Nari didn't buy an ounce of the bull spoken.

"So, you flew all the way from London to Busan, just to apologize to me? Don't you think a letter or email would do?" I interrogated the poker face Bora and she raised her left eyebrow in irritation before quickly covering it up with a smug smile. She had one hand on her hip now before pushing her ponytail off of her right shoulder.

"Oh Sujin, you're so silly. Everyone knows letters and emails aren't as heartfelt as a physical appearance. I thought this would be a nice way to surprise you. I thought you would find closure."

"Is that what your therapists taught you? Because, Bora, I thought I made it perfectly clear I don't ant you coming near me or my family again. I don't care how much your therapeutic center shaped you into a new person. I want you out of my sight and out of my life." I argued. 

"Sujin, apologize right now! You're being very disrespectful to her. She flew all the way to see you!" My father spat at me now standing up from the table as well.  Bora faked a sad expression while turning to my father.

"It's okay. She has every right to hate me. I hope you guys don't mind, but I need to speak with her alone. It would be less intimidating for her." She spoke softly as if she lost a war and my family left the table. My aunt sorin lingered around near by to make sure Bora didn't hurt me. I looked back to see Namjoon staring at us both intently from the wall.

"Alright, you got what you wanted my family is gone. It's just me and you. Spit out whatever you need to." I folded my arms across my chest again whilst scowling at the actress.

"Do you think I'm stupid? We clearly aren't alone. Your aunt is spying on us from a table nearby." I quickly glimpsed over at my Aunt Sorin and sure enough she was there sipping white wine from a far. I half smiled mentally thanking her for having my back.

"Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe she can smell your bull from a mile away." I retorted in a clever tone.

"Ahaha, I see the cat doesn't have your tongue anymore, isn't that what almost made you kill yourself in the first place? You should be careful. You don't want another scar." Bora threatened.

Nam Taehyun- hug me (Southclub)

"Enough of your slick , Bora. What do you want from me?" I asked and she grabbed my hand as a slow song blasted in the building.

"You know what I want? I want you to put a smile on your face like there's nothing wrong and get on the dancefloor with me." 

"You've got to be a crazy I'd never dance with you." I jerked away from her hand. Bora looked in the direction of my aunt before flashing her a fake smile.

"I'm a crazy , who's got info you're gonna want to keep in your backpocket. So dance with me and find out or continue to live a lie." She said in a stern tone in between her teeth. I sighed in aggravation. After everything she's put me through I shouldn't trust a word she spat, but something in her eyes made me believe this would be worth while. I took her dirty hand into minebefore making my way to the dancefloor. I could see Namjoon from the distance putting his hands up in the air as if he were questioning my actions, but I tried my best to ignore him. Bora wrapped her arms around my waist before guiding me in the dance. Both of us had fake smiles plastered on our faces. 

"Alright, spit it Bora. I'm your slave until this song is over so make it quick." I spoke between my teeth as she spun me in a tiny circle before putting her hands back around my waist.

"What's the rush, babe? You've got a bad boy to get back to?" She taunted me. My body froze for a second at her statement an evil grin now on her face. Did she know about me and Namjoon? Is that why she returned?

"I don't know what you're talking about." I stammered slightly not helping my case.

"Of course you don't. It's always the shy ones that open up their legs first. I hope you at least used a . We all know how dangerous Namjoon can be." 

"How do you know about us?" I whispered now and she chuckled as I spun her around this time.

"Us? Aww, that's cute you think you two have a thing, huh? Well,  I think it's pretty obvious. The face he makes when he looks at you. He's been mentally undressing you all night. But, you my dear, you have that wild post-Namjoon look in your eyes. I've seen it so many times. How would I not know?"

"I don't think we have a thing. I know we do. What me and Namjoon have is real. Anyways, just spill the beans you've had your fun." We continued to sway with the music.

"Okay. Okay. I do agree. Tonight has been very eventful, but its only just beginning for me. If you must know why I'm here. I've come to see Namjoon. I have a....Proposal for him should we call it that. More like an ultimatum. While, you've been living in your fake love bubble there are things happening with Namjoon that you haven't noticed. His depression, his suicidal thoughts, anger issues, and his gang. Despite, what you believe, Sujin, his gang is very real and they're in trouble." She spoke softly to me.

"In trouble how?" My heart fluttered with fear as I looked at Namjoon from the distance. His friends now joining him they all had a glass of alcohol in their hands.

"It's much too intricate to explain. All you need to know is the only way you can keep him safe is to let him go. Whatever little fling you guys have needs to stop. You're just a distraction and in the end you will harm him more than help."

"That's not true. You're not even giving reasonable explanations or supporting details."

"I'm sure you noticed Namjoon and his gang leaving this event tonight. I'm sure you didn't notice Namjoon's bruised knuckles or the blood stain on his collar. It's very small, but noticeable. They went out to handle...Some business." I was in uttershock as she continued to explain his situation.

"What does me seeing him have to do with anything?"

"Oh, Sujin. So clever. Yet so dumb. Namjoon is distracted by you. He hasn't been himself for a while now, and as you know he is the leader. How can he properly prepare himself and s for battle if most of his time is consumed by you? How will they be able to train hard for whats to come? If they don't train, they will become weak, they will lose and possibly lose their lives. You've seen how withdrawn he's become from the boys since you became a thought on his mind, keeping secrets, avoiding eachother. He thinks he can live a normal life now, but the other boys know its far from the truth. I could give a less about you, Sujin. But, I love those boys and I'll do whatever it takes to protect them.  That is why I'm letting you know." The song came close to its end now as I stared at Namjoon again from the distance. She released her grip from me as I stood there watching him from the distance.

"So you choose. His life or your feelings?" She whispered in my ear as I stood like a statue. 

"Also, don't tell anyone about this little chat. I've already told you too much." She walked away leaving me on the dancefloor. My body felt numb as the information weighed down on me like bricks. I rubbed my shoulder as if I could massage the issues in my life away.

"Ladies and gentleman, this fundraising event has been amazing. I am so proud of everyone who donated and participated in this event. Give yourselves a round of applause people," My therapist enthused,

"Now it is time, to announce the winner of our art gallery. Drum roll please.........And the winner is.....Lee Hongbin!" She announced and Hongbin ran up the stage with a huge smile on his face. Confetti and rose petals were thrown at him as he accepted his award and check. I clapped for my ex best friend. I was glad one good thing came out of this night for him. He deserved it after all. There was a vibration in my handbag and I quickly glimpsed at the message from Namjoon asking to meet him outside. My body shivered involuntarily as I nervously complied with his request meeting him outside.

Nam Taehyun- hug me (Southclub)

The temperature had dropped outside and I knew I would freeze to death once I stepped out of the building. Namjoon quickly embraced me before smashing his lips against mine. 

"I've been thinking about ripping that dress off of you all night." He breathed before locking our lips together again. 

"Do you always have to be so ual?" I teased our noses pressed together as we both smiled. He bit his lip.

"Hey, I can't stop the tent from growing....But anyways, what happened with you and Bora. Why were you dancing with her?" He began to ask questions and I shook my head nervously.

"You have nothing to worry about. Surprisingly, Bora means well, but Namjoonah I don't want to talk about her or think about her. Let's just enjoy tonight, okay?" 

"Are you sure? It seemed very suspicious."

"Namjoon, please. I promise nothing is going on." He kissed my forehead before brushing both of his hands down my arms. The goosebumps sitting on my skins surface.

"Oh, you're freezing, Sujin. Let me give you my jacket." He removed his coat before placing it on my cold arms. I thanked him whilst smiling. Everything was perfect until I saw it. The blood... The blood was on his collar just as Bora mentioned. Someone else's blood had stained his collar. My heart beat increased with fear. Maybe, it was a coincidence. Maybe it was a fruit punch stain. My concious spoke to me with denial. I absolutely rebuked the idea of Bora being right about that scenario. So, I ignored it. That was until he reached out to touch my hand. His knuckles were freshly bruised and scarred. I couldn't take it. My mind went wild and I instantly gripped my body around his waist tightly trying to escpe my fears. A groan escaped his mouth as if he were in pain. I quickly backed away noticing another red spot begin to seep through the white cloth in his abdomen. My eyes began to tear up as I backed away slightly. He covered the red stain with his hand before putting his other hand up as if he were saying don't worry, it's nothing.

"Namjoonah----" I whispered. And just like that he had disappeared back into the building. Most likely to clean his wound. Was he really in a gang? I collapsed to the cement tears pouring from my eyes for thirty minutes, before heading back into the building. Namjoon and his friends were no where to be found and my Aunt Sorin took me into a quiet place to speak alone. 

"Sujinah, I know you have a lot on your plate, but there is something I've been wanting to tell you for a while now."

"What is it, Sorinah?"

"Your brother, Isseul....He's alive and I've found him."