SHOW TIME PT 2

Marked By Kim Namjoon

As soon as the curtains closed and Namjoon headed backstage I grabbed him by the elbow and pulled him into the corner so we could have a little privacy.

"What the is going on? Why is Bora here?" I wanted to scream. A part of me wanted to just stand up for myself and show how brave I could be, but the other part of me was dying inside. Bora had turned my life upside down once and I wasn't prepared for it to happen again especially at the event that I'm going to perform. I was pacing at this point while biting my nails. It was Namjoon who calmed me in my breakdown. He put his hands on both of my shoulders not allowing me to pace anymore. 

"I don't know why she is here, but it doesn't matter right now. We will handle it together after your performance. For now focus on your lines and kiss those therapy sessions goodbye. You're going to be fine." He planted a kiss on my forehead before engulfing me with a hug. I exhaled. The warmth and safety he made me feel put me in a mellow mood. I loved this side of Namjoon. Of course this moment was broken up when BTS came backstage.

"Are we interrupting something?" V asked in an annoyed tone. Namjoon quickly released his grip from me before turning to walk over to the boys.

"What are you guys doing back here?" His voice aggravated.

"We need to speak with you alone now." Jimin demanded. Namjoon exchanged looks with me to see if it were okay and I nodded allowing him to leave with his gang. I inhaled and exhaled multiple times to prepare myself for my performance. When I received my cue I posed behind the closed curtains. My mic volume was checked and before I knew it I was given a thumbs up and the curtains were open. 

"Hi...Um I've never performed in front of so many faces all at once before and at first I contemplated whether or not I should even perform. I thought I could make up a last minute excuse, but uh...Here goes nothing. I call this song Yes, No, Maybe. I wrote this song a month back during a rough patch in my life. I hope you like it." I introduced the song.

 

Suzy- Yes No Maybe

The track began to play and I moved to the beat. I decided the only way I would get through this performance is if I imagined myself as a Kpop star so that's what I did. I sung enthusiastically and marched around the stage in my four inch heels. The crowd began to clap at one point. My aunt Sorin smiled back at me in the crowd whilst clapping. That was when my eyes flickered to Bora who didn't seem one bit amused instead, she rolled her eyes at me and did a fake yawn. Namjoon stood against the wall with his arms folded across his chest. He nod his head to the music whilst smiling. Hongbin seemed to enjoy my performance as well, but there was still a sad look in his eyes. There was one minute of my song left when I noticed Namjoon and Bts filing out the door. I was hoping he would've stayed for the whole song. Being distracted I didn't realize that my feet were at the edge of the stage. I didn't realize this until I fell into a handsome stranger's arms. The crowd gasped and I heard a few people say "omo".  I looked up slowly watching Namjoon at the door. He had stopped walking out the second he heard the crowd gasp. His eyes were on me and the boy now.

"Are you okay, pretty girl?" The guy asked and I nodded before getting up and fixing my hair. That was the last thing Namjoon witnessed being the last one to leave out of Bts. His expression filled with guilt. I didn't want my performance to be a complete flop and decided to make a joke.

"I'm still alive! Thank God I didn't wear my 6 inch heels today then, I might have really broken my neck! Ok, where were we?" I joked before hopping back on stage and singing the remainder of the song. The crowd of people began to sing the last chorus with me and I wondered if it were out of pity because I fell. But, when the song turned off I was glad it was over. I bowed down to the audience as the curtains closed. That was the minute it hit me. Namjoon had left. Hongbin didn't want to talk to me and Bora was at this event for God knows what. I wanted to escape. I took my cell phone off of the table to see if there were any text messages. There was one from Namjoon. I exhaled before opening the text.

 

---------------------------------------------------

To: You

From: Namjoon

I'm sorry something came up, I'll be back before the event is over. I can take you home if you want.

7:38 pm

------------------------------------------------------

ran my hands through my hair in distress while sitting on the stool. What was so important that he left me alone with Bora and Hongbin and my family? He could've at least told me where he were going, right? Why am I acting like a jealous girlfriend? We weren't even official. I groaned before slamming my phone back down on the table in aggravation.

"Whoa whoa whoa. If you're upset don't take it out on your phone. Your phone didn't do anything wrong." I heard a boy joke. I turned my head to look in his direction. It was the same boy who caught me when I fell. I chuckled inwardly. 

"Rough night?" He asked and I nodded.

"You don't know the half of it....I'm so sorry for falling on you. I got distracted. Performing isn't really my thing." I said sheepishly.

"Well, I didn't mind it. It's not everyday a beautiful girl falls into my arms. But, I don't agree with you. Your performance was amazing and you recovered your fall pretty well." He complimented. I bit my bottom lip while half smiling.

"Thanks."

"So, why are you still sitting back here? There are no more performances for the night." He asked curiously now walking towards me in attempt to get closer.

"Well, there is no one out there that I want to associate myself with. If I had it my way, I would be home alone in my room completely isolating myself from the world."

"Well, I'm guessing you have no problem associating yourself with me tonight considering I'm back here with you, right?" He smiled and I chuckled at his cleverness.

"Ooh, we have a clever one. Sure, you can be my guest, but first I'm going to need your name." I said playfully. The handsome boy adjusted his tuxedo.

"You can call me Vernon." He introduced himself and I smiled.

"Vernon, you can call me Sujin...What brings you to this event anyways?" 

"My annoying cousin. She didn't want to come alone, but I'm glad I came now. I got to meet you." He continued to flirt and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Okay okay mr.flirt all day. How about we go outside? I need some air." I suggested and he nodded in agreement. We stood outside together in silence glad to be away from the crowd. We found out we shared alot of the same interests/hobbies and I were positive he'd be a good friend for me. 

"How come I've never seen you before?" I asked. He shrugged with his hands in his pant pockets.

"I don't talk much. I keep to myself mostly. The only time I talk is when something or someone intrigues me or if I'm with friends." He spoke casually and I nodded.

"What about you? Your life seems rather dramatic I thought we would have crossed paths a while ago?" 

"I keep to myself and I avoid people as much as possible."

"Why is that?" He asked and I covered the scar with my hand.

"I don't know...It's kind of chilly outside. You should give me your number. I'll text you later my family probably wants to talk to me."

"Oh, okay. Sure." He said awkwardly before entering his number into my phone. Without warning, Namjoon opened the back door spotting me and Vernon.

"What the ?" He yelled before pushing the poor boy and punching him three times.

"Oh my God! What did you do? Why did you punch him?" I shouted while attending to the poor boy who shook it off.

"It's okay...It looks like you two have some talking to do. You can text me later." Vernon said before entering the building. 

"You can text him later?" Namjoon repeated aloud angrily. 

"What is your problem, Namjoon? You're the one who left me during my performance. Where did you even go?" I complained.

"I went to take care of some business unlike you. You're just sitting there and rubbing elbows with srangers. Taking down their numbers? I know you can be stupid sometimes, but this is absolutely unbelieveable!"

" you Namjoon! You didn't even care enough about me to tell your little gang you needed to stay! You should've noticed I didn't want you to leave! You left me alone with my family, Bora, and Hongbin! Do you know how hard that was for me?" I continued to argue with him.

"I didn't have a choice, okay? You know I wanted to stay!" He shouted back at me.

"No, I don't know anything and I guess I don't really know you either!" I spat my last words before turning around and reaching for the door knob. He grabbed my arm forcing me to spin around and face him.

"I like you, Sujin. I'm trying to protect you, but you're making it very difficult. I'm sorry that I left, okay? But, whats important is I came back for you and we're going to face Bora together, okay?" He kissed my forehead and I nodded. 

We walked through the doors together our eyes laying on my family and Bora it was now or never