Bad News For Two pt 1

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Leo put the car in park once we reached the curb of my driveway before unbuckling his seatbelt. He sighed now tightening his grip around the steering wheel. He had an uneasy expression spread across his face when he turned his head to stare at me.

"I guess you heard the whole conversation back there...I'm sorry you had to hear all of that." He apologized for Satanjoon's disgusting remarks about me and I shook my head. He shouldn't be the one apologizing, we both knew who was the one at fault. 

"Don't say sorry...None of this is your fault. I chose this." What I said must've angered him because he sat more upright after I finished my sentence.

"You didn't choose to get bullied, Sujin." He exhaled again, his second attempt to calm himself.

"No, but I decided to play with fire." I admitted whilst smiling sheepishly. Not only was I digging my own grave, but I made the situation worse. If I'd left things alone and didn't audition for the soccer team, everything would be somewhat decent right now. No, Namjoon wouldn't have left me alone easily, but maybe if I showed no fear, maybe if I stayed out of his way, maybe if I kept my mouth shut for once, things would be okay. I shut my eyes tightly thinking of the day I declared war. The regret was overwhelming.  Leo turned off the car before turning to face me, again as if he could hear my thoughts.

"You were brave, Sujin. You are brave. You had the courage to do what dozens of kids at our school wanted to do, but never dared to try, because of you he finally got a taste of his own medicine." Leo enthused and I smiled sadly. It was true, growing up I'd never bit my tongue and that's what got me into trouble constantly. 

"But, look where it got me."  I shrugged. 

"I'll find a way to stop him." He said before placing both of his hands on my shoulders as if he were trying to convince me. I gasped slightly startled by his sudden touch as he gazed into my eyes and I looked out of the window awkwardly trying to avoid his piercing eyes.  My cheeks were a shade of red now and he released his grip noticing my embarrassment. 

"It's not your job....Please stay out of this. You've done enough already. I want to see you on tv playing soccer at a stadium, he'll ruin your chances just like he did mine. Just leave it be, please." I pleaded whilst blinking weakly. It felt like all of the fight in me was gone. 

"You're still on the team, you know." Leo reminded me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"We need you, Sujin. You're our only chance at winning this year. Come to practice tomorrow, please." He begged and of course I gave in returning to the field I dreamt of in prison.  

We practiced our drills as usual and for a while everything felt normal again. It was as if everything that happened over the past few days was just my imagination. I felt happy. Me and Leo bonded together. That glorious moment was short lived when Principal Nu interrupted all of us with his blaring megaphone. 

"Attention! Attention! Please stop what you're doing!" He shouted as if we couldn't hear his obnoxious voice already. Some teammates cuffed their hands around their ears to block out his voice as they stopped their drills. Leo ran over to him quickly to inquire his sudden appearance during our practice while I stood by the bleachers with a water bottle in my hand. My heartbeat fast at the thought of what Principal Nu could want from us. Every time I've encountered him there was bad news. That's when my stomach dropped. He knows what I did. I'm busted. I'm going back to juvie. I began to panick before hiding behind the bleachers now peaking my head out to see ocassionaly.

"What's going on, Principal Nu?" Leo asked whilst wiping the beads of sweat off of his forehead with the back of his t-shirt. 

"I need the whole team together right now. I have an announcement to make...Where is Sujin?" He looked around curiously and I shut my eyes tightly whilst shaking my head. It didn't take long for Leo to spot me and I shook my head frantically begging for him not to give my location. 

"I don't know. She must've gone to the bathroom." Leo covered and I sighed in relief. 

"You don't know? Maybe, you're not quaified to be captain then." Principal Nu insulted. I brought my lower lip in between my teeth not able to let Leo be criticized like that. 

"I'm right here!" I put my hand up to grab his attention and he smirked.

"Good. I want everyone to hear this announcement, especially you." He huffed. 

"What's the announcement?" I asked. My question was answered shortly after when Namjoon strut out of the locker room doors with a crisp uniform while shouting

"I'm back es! I'm sure you all missed me, huh? A whole week away. I'll have to whip your asses back into shape!" His expression cocky as he stepped foot on the field again.  My eyes widened in shock and I dropped my water bottle instantly with my mouth agape. 

"Well, there's an introduction for ya. Namjoon will be your co-captain,again." Principal Nu informed Leo with a smile on his face. 

"No, you can't be serious, Principal Nu. I don't agree with this. He is reckless." Leo argued while Namjoon pranced around in our new uniforms.

"He is the best player on the team. We need him. I want a medal and trophy this year. He is the key to it." 

"No, she is the key to it." Leo pointed at me and I held onto myself awkwardly, not wanting to be the center of attention.

"They both are, I know they have differences, but they will work it out as a team if they really want to win."

"This is a bad idea and you know it." Leo clenched his teeth down onto his jaw making his jaw muscles bulge. 

"Then, I guess you won't like what I'm about to tell you. This team is going on a camping trip with the photography club. It will help you all get closer and build broken relationships." Principal Nu gestured to me and Namjoon before turning to face Leo again.

"A camping trip? Have you lost your mind? Are you completely insane? They will kill eachother." Leo detested the idea.

"Are you the one in charge or am I? Tell your teammates to call their parents and pack their things, this field trip will be for a week. I've already talked with your teachers. Your class work is dismissed and this will be considered extra credit." Principal Nu pat Namjoon on the back before walking away back into the building. We were all a complete mess. Not only did some of us fear sleeping outdoors with snakes, bears, and poisonous spiders. Some of us actually had plans for the weekend which was now disrupted by Principal Nu's spontaneous fieldtrip. I frowned at the bully. This was probably his idea. Maybe, it were all apart of his plan to murder me then bury me in the woods...Not liking that idea I decided to focus on something else like, what I am suppose to pack for this journey. The only bright side to this little "bonding trip" was the fact that Leo & Hongbin would be there. Hey, and maybe I can still ease my way into Photography club...Who was I kidding? That was completely off limits. After the announcement we continued to practice for twenty more minutes, where Namjoon wouldn't take his eyes off of me. I felt uncomfortable and took several breaks trying to avoid his eyes, but they followed me everywhere. 

In the locker room I washed my face with cold water in attempt to stay calm in this situation and was shocked to find hands wrap around my waist before turning my body around and pushing me against the sink. I gasped and panted. My heart beat increased and I thought I was on the verge of a heart attack as the fingernails dug into my obliques. The first thing I looked at were the predator's tennis shoes mostly, because I was too scared to look at the face, I didn't need to look at his face when I heard his voice.  The locker room was completely cleared. There were no witnesses. No one to save me from this terrible person and I knew there wasn't enough strength in my bones to wrestle him after an exhausting practice.

"Look at you, all scared. Loosen up a bit, Sujin." Namjoon said in a seductive tone now holding my face with his right hand. 

"How did you get in here, you ing ?" I spoke through my squished lips.

"? Aren't you the one who leaked my video? By the way, did you enjoy it?" He remarked as I struggled to move from his grip.

" you!" I spat.

"Mmm, just the words I wanted to hear from those pretty lips." He continued to harrass me and I felt the tears b my eyes again.

"Just tell me what you want." The tears of fear slipped from my left eye as his body continued to press against mine.

"I want to talk, Sujin. Just talk nothing ual, nothing physical, nothing more, so stop crying." He released his grip and I wiped my tears. 

"Why can't you talk to me like a normal person?" I asked angrily now despite the falling tears.

"Hmm, let's elaborate for a second why I can't talk to you like a normal person, Sujin. First, you have have a real ty attitude. Second, we're not exactly friends. Third, everytime I wanna get you alone your cocky little angel boyfriend, Leo is always around." He elaborated and I scoffed.

"My attitude is ty? What about yours? You're a complete and Leo is not my boyfriend!" I argued and he put his hand up.

"Whatever. Let's get back to the point. I'm on the soccer team again so, your little plan failed. I just wanted you to know, I haven't forgot everything you've done to me, but I will tolerate you on the field only because I don't want to jeopardize our games. Don't think I'm your friend, don't think I like you, and don't think this means our war is over, because I swear to you it has just begun." He stated as if he were setting rules to a game before I could make another statement he left the locker room and I wondered if Namjoon just gave me a peace offering....