Bad News For Two pt 2

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Dear Diary,

There were only forty-five minutes before our team and the photography club entered the bus for a trip to hell. We were told to call our parents, go home, and gather a few belongings that would last for a week. Not only was it barely enough time to go shopping for food, but it was also very little time to gather camping gear. It's not like every student has survival kits just waiting for them on stand by. Gosh, this was completely ridiculous and I found myself emotionally exhausted already. 

"Camping trip? Jingja?" Nari asked enthusiastically as I stuffed a small bag with clothes and hygiene products.

"Yeah, Principal Nu has completely lost his mind. He wants us to bond as a team in the wilderness with freaking bears and crouching tigers. Who knows what the hell is in there." I shook my head in disapproval.

"Interesting....Who else is coming?" She sat down onto her bed now putting her fist underneath her chin as if she were planning.

"Photography club." As soon as the word photography left my mouth she squealed and bounced up and down before dancing around the room.

"Do you know what this means? Omo!" She continued to squeal with excitement.

"No...What does it mean?"

"I'm crashing this camping trip!" She smiled mischievously.

Nari quickly grabbed pink luggage from our closet before stuffing her clothes into the bag messily. She picked out the shortest skirts and shorts. She even packed a crop top and I stared at her as if she were crazy. Nari isn't on the soccer team or in the photography club so, there was no way she was going to be permitted to attend. I cleared my throat awkwardly making her turn around to face me.

"You're crashing the camping trip. How will you do that?" I asked out of curiousity to watch her plan unfold.

"Well, if you must know I have a few connections in the photography club and they will totally tell Principal Nu I'm apart of their club. It all works out perfectly." She replied with enthusiasm. Her eyes were lit up with joy and I wondered why she was so fascinated with the idea of sleeping in tents with snakes and bugs, rolling around in dirt, and trying to figure out where to use the bathroom in the wilderness. It sounded like a trip to hell to me and I LOVE nature.

"Why do you even want to go?" I asked and she stopped stuffing clothes into her bag immediately before turning to me again. She walked over across the room to meet me then, pat my shoulder whilst smiling.

"Little Sujin, so young, so naive. Do you have any idea what happens at these 'camping trips'?" She continued sending shivers up my spine at the way she snapped my name. 

"Let me guess a campfire with marshmallows and we all sing kumbaya." 

"Nope, it's much better than that. Let me paint you a picture, okay? Tents, cold or hot-steamy nights, raging hormones. Do you get it now?" She asked waiting for my response and I hummed in confusion. I slowly put together the puzzle, but still didn't understand exactly what she meant. She rolled her eyes as I stared at her with a perplexed expression now sitting on the edge of my bed next to my bag. Nari pat a spot next to her indicating she wanted me to sit there and I complied with her request. 

"So, I'm going to tell you a story about our last camping trip. It was two years ago and a new student joined the art club. The art club decided they needed to innovate themselves and come up with new ideas for their next painting. They decided a camping trip was in order. The new girl was beautiful, but just like you she was quiet, shy, didn't talk to anyone. She didn't know the reputation of the school or Namjoon."  She told me the story. My head snapped up automatically when I heard Namjoon's name escape . It was a new bad habit I developed if my head didn't snap in the direction of the person who said it my ears would perk up. I don't know if it was a reflex to protect myself or because of how curious I was about him and his life and how he became the person he was today. 

"Namjoon? What does he have to do with the story?" I gulped and she pat my shoulder.

"You're about to find out. Namjoon's soccer team also, went on a camping trip at the same time. Well, it wasn't his team then. He was just a rookie, a really good rookie. All of the girls were melting over him including the new girl. When it was late and everyone slept in their tents, the new girl decided to wander the woods aimlessly until she crossed paths with Namjoon. He gazed into her eyes, told her he didn't want to be alone in the woods, and he wanted someone to watch the stars with. Being innocent and not knowing his scheming ways the girl gave in. Before she could even blink he went in for the kill and seduced her. The girl got pregnant and transfered to a new school after getting bullied by the seniors about it. The end. Do you get it now?" Nari asked again and I shook my head in disapproval.

"You want to go because you want to hook up with Namjoon?"

"NO! He is a disgusting pig even if he's gorgeous. I want to hookup with Hongbin." Nari hit me with a pillow and I choked on my own saliva.

"Are you joking?" 

"Not even a little bit. Hongbin has that dorky cute thing going on for him. You know I've been attracted to him since day one...Maybe you can even put a good word in for me. " She posed with one hand on her hip while the other twirled her hair. 

"You are completely insane. There is no way Hongbin is going to hookup with you. First of all, he's not that kind of guy. Second, he still hasn't forgiven you for lying to Principal Nu. Third, he's not interested." I argued.

"Well, that was harsh, Sujin. And you wonder why you have no friends. This is why. You have no filter." She pouted throwing the pillow at me and I laughed before standing up and bowing.

"Thank you. Thank you very much."

"Whatever, Elvis. I'm still crashing the camping trip. Hongbin will be mine, I'll show you."

"Let's bet twenty on it." I put my hand out waiting for her to shake it. She smiled smugly before shaking my hand. 

"Bet." Nari agreed. As I zipped up my bag she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Sujinah, I tell you this, because I'm your cousin and I care. I know you've had a thing for Namjoon since the first day you saw him playing soccer at the park." She admitted and my cheeks turned a tint of red.

"Mwo? Are you kidding? Why would I have a thing for joon?" I laughed nervously.

" You can call him whatever you want, but you're blushing and you're acting nervous. Not to mention the dozens of pictures you took of him the first day you saw him."

"That was for photography purposes, he's completely photogenic." I mentally vomitted as a compliment slipped from my mouth for my bully.

"You still haven't deleted them." She pointed out and I gnawed on my bottom lip whilst folding my arms across my chest. I didn't realize I never deleted his images from my camera. Maybe, it was for memories. There was awkward silence between us before she sighed and pat me on the back.

"I'm not picking on you. I just don't want you to be a victim of his. He is never serious about anyone he dates, besides Bora and even they are on and off. Be careful, Sujin and protect yourself." She warned me and I nodded. 

"Sujin, come downstairs! It's time to go!" My mother hollered from downstairs and Nari trailed behind me.

"Nari? Why are you packed up?" Aunt Sorin asked with a puzzled expression.

"I'm going on the camping trip too. It's kind of mandatory." She lied.

"Is that so?" Sorin frowned with both of her hands on her hips she could smell the fish from miles away.

"Yeah, so don't wait up. Let's go." Nari pulled me by the wrist dragging me out the front door. Her way of escaping the millions of questions. Off we went to camp paradise aka hell trip. This wasn't going to be even a little bit fun.

-----------------------------------------------------

We all waited in a long straight line to enter the bus where I finally met the coach I thought we didn't have. Coach Park has never been to a single practice, he wasn't even there for auditions so, I was surprised to encounter the slightly bald headed man. For a while, I thought Leo was the captain and coach.

"Coach Park! What are you doing here? You've been gone for so long, I thought you were never coming back." Namjoon hugged the eldest whilst smiling like a happy little boy. The elder pat him on the back giving a pleasant smile as well.

"I've been gone too long, but I see you've taken care of the team as promised. Great job." He stared at all of the members from head to toe whilst smiling. He was proud of Namjoon and for a second it looked like a father and son conversing amongst each other. Namjoon's face was glowing and his eyes were lit up with joy. A side to him I thought I'd never see. I caught myself staring at him with fascination and that's when Hongbin snuck up behind me nearly giving me a heart attack.

"Yah, Hongbinah! Are you trying to murder me before the trip even starts?" I exaggerated and he snickered.

"I'm sorry, Sujinah, but you should've seen your face. Oh it was classic. I wish I took a picture." He continued to bursts with laughter. I brought my attention back to Namjoon and Coach Park's conversation. They both laughed and smiled the entire time. It was refreshing to see my bully so...Happy.

"Yah, Sujinah. What are you looking at?" Hongbin asked confused whilst waving his hand in my face to snap me out of the dream. 

"Mwo? Oh, nothing."

"Are you sure? You zoned out for like five minutes." He asked in a worried tone now.

"I just...I've never seen him smile before, not genuinely. It's like this guy has magic or something." I said in a dreamy tone.

"Yeah, Coach Park and him are really close. He's like the father Namjoon never had." Hongbin revealed only to be interupted shortly after by a sneaky Nari.

"Hey, Hongbin. I didn't know you were coming on this camping trip." She said goofily before doing a tacky 'y' pose.  Hongbin pulled at the collar on his polo uncomfortably.

"Well, I'm apart of the photography club, it's mandatory." He replied.

"Mmm, of course it is." She purred and I felt myself cringing. 

"Why are you here? You're not in the photography club or soccer team." He noticed.

"Oh my gosh! Is it me or is it extremely hot out here? Gosh, I think I need to take off my jacket." She ignored his statement before ping her jacket revealing a spaghetti strapped white shirt and jean mini shorts. Hongbin's eyes widened as she flipped her hair around whilst looking him directly in the eyes. 

"Oh no! Suddenly, I'm parched and need a drink. I guess I'll drink from my water bottle." She continued to be overly y slipping the water bottle from her bag before sipping on it and purposely missing . The water poured all over her white shirt making the fabric transparent. 

"Ooopsy. Now I have water all over my shirt and I forgot to wear a bra. Geez. How embarrassing!" 

"Here, cover yourself up." Hongbin picked up the jacket she removed before throwing it at her and she scoffed.

"No, I think I should air dry." She tried to flaunt her goodies again and he looked away.

"You'll catch a cold. Sujin, I'll save you a seat." Was the last two sentences he uttered before rushing onto the bus. Leaving Nari alone and soaked with water. I laughed and shook my head in disapproval at her before entering the bus as well and she growled with aggravation. JHope stared at her chest and she frowned.

"What? Have you never seen s before? Gosh!" She whined then, grabbed her jacket and covered herself up stalking onto the bus as well. Leo was the last to enter the bus along with BTS. We sung songs and listened to the radio the whole ride there. I found myself staring at Namjoon who for once wasn't bashing me or giving me the stink eye. He smiled the entire time with Coach Park and bts (his friends). It was incredible. This side to him was lovely and I wish he showed it more often. Nari continously gave me looks and I brushed them off of course until she text me.

--------------------

From: Nari

5:57 pm

You can ignore me all you want, Sujin. But he is your bully, not your lover. P.S. Don't even think about it

-----------------------

I rolled my eyes at her assumptions. I didn't have a thing for Namjoon. I knew he was a womanizing douche from what I saw and heard. Yeah, some of them were rumours, but others were proven. I just wanted to understand him and know what was going through his head. I wanted to know what he felt, what he saw, what he thought. I wanted to know why he became this ruthless person. I was intrigued by him even a little curious. Falling for him was the last thing on my mind. No, scratch that, it wasn't even a thought....I think.