Their Territory

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Dear Diary, 

Today is my second day of school and once again my father couldn't drop us off. This didn't surprise me one bit. When I lived in California, buses and taxis were my way to school, if my ex boyfriend didn't give me a ride.  My father could care less how I got there. Because, of the short notice, we missed the bus. Instead, we rode our bikes to school. Nari decided we should take the short cut to get there faster and I agreed, not wanting to pedal any longer.  My shins  and thighs were on fire due to my lack of exercise. 

     We rode along the trail covered in orange leaves. It was a beautiful sight. The grass a hunter's green. The trees dressed with red, orange, and pink leaves. There were a plethura of flowers as well. All of the flowers different colors and variations. I thanked God mentally for this view as I snapped a few pictures with the camera wrapped around my neck. The exhilirating ambiance was short lived when, my bike clashed with a solid figure. I tumbled to the ground along with my camera. 

     I grit my teeth and in air, as I felt the delicate skin on my knees break. The blood rise to the surface. My eyebrows furrowed at the thought of how it would scar later. I looked up at the figure slowly, while on my knees. My eyes first meeting his black shoes, before moving onto his white socks and striped pants. He wore a black shirt with a black leather jacket. His attire accessorised with a chain and necklace that looked like a shark tooth. His hair glazed with purple. It was Taehyung aka V. A lollipop sat in between his pink lips as he smirked. I quickly pulled myself up from the ground and made eye contact with him only to see the other five appear behind him...Where's Namjoon? Nari got off of her bike and ran to me, staying by my side. 

"Yah! Why did you do that?" I shouted at them. 

"You're not allowed over here." Jin stepped towards me. 

"We're just trying to get to school. Please, let us off the hook this one time." Nari pleaded and I scoffed at her cowardness. Was she really going to let these boys walk all over her? Well, I wasn't going to stand for it. We don't deserve this kind of treatment. What is the golden rule? Treat people how you want to be treated. I was going to give them a dose of their own medicine.

"Not allowed? That's pretty funny, because I don't see a sign claiming this is private property and I doubt you have any legal authorization stating you own it." I spat  whilst stepping towards the six fearlessly. 

"Sujin, stop! Let's just leave!" Nari pulled on my sleeve pulling me back to her and I shrugged her off. 

"No! I won't let them treat us like this! They're not any better than we are!" My eyebrows furrowed.

"You better listen to your cousin!" Suga scowled at me. 

"And you better listen to me! You don't own anything, this is not your property, you're not gangsters, and I will not bow down to kiss your feet!" I retorted enunciating my words to make sure they understood.

"I guess Namjoon was right, we have to teach this one a lesson. We almost let you off the hook." Jhope said firmly before grabbing me by the wrists. 

"Let me go!" I squealed before pushing him. 

"Don't you dare touch my cousin!" Nari shouted trying to pull Hope off. Jimin shoved her back making her fall onto the leaves.

"Stay out of this Nari! This is between your cousin and me." He huffed. Things were getting chaotic as I continued to fight the boys off of me. Nari tried to help and always ended up on the ground somehow. While the rest of us slipped and fell in the leaves while wrestling. It wasn't until the sound of crunching leaves and footsteps met my ears that everyone stopped. We turned around to meet the eyes of the person and of course it was Namjoon. 

"What's going on here?" Namjoon asked amusedly now removing the dark shades from his eyes. Like V, Namjoon's attire also consisted of striped pants. However, his was paired with a matching striped jacket and white t-shirt. His blonde hair, slightly highlighted with pink.  

"They crossed our turf." Jungkook said.  Namjoon smirked while stepping towards me. My wrist was still in Hobi's grip. 

"We meet again, Sujin. You just don't know how to stay out of trouble, do you?" He clicked his tongue whilst shaking his head. 

"We're just trying to get to school. We don't wanna be late." Nari pleaded her case again.

"Nari, you look beautiful today as always." Namjoon smiled and she bowed whilst thanking him.

"Why didn't you let her go? I have no problem with her. It's her cousin that's the problem."

"Me? What did I do to you? You destroyed my journal and robbed me in the library!" I argued.

"Robbed you? I took what you owed me! But, this is only the beginning. If you cross our turf again we're going to have a problem." 

"Really? Do you think you should be threatening the daughter of the officer who is working on your case?" I asked rhetorically and they stood with their mouths agape. They were absolutely speechless. All in utter shock. 

"Yeah, that's right my dad's a cop. If you keep treating me like this, I'll have you locked up in prison like you deserve." I spat as the tables turned. Now the power was in my hand and I wondered if I were abusing it. 

"Hyung, we better leave her alone. You can't get locked up again." Taehyung put a hand on the elder's shoulder. Namjoon on his bottom lip in aggravation. 

"Just don't come around here again. Let's go guys." They scurried one by one. 

     School passed by quickly. When lunch came around I decided to sit in the canteen, knowing Namjoon wouldn't place a finger on me now. I sat next to our school president who couldn't help, but notice the scratches on my knees.

"Ooh! That looks terrible! What happened to you?" She asked before stuffing with salad.

"Oh, yeah. It was a bike accident." I explained nonchalantly.

"Is that all or is someone bothering you?" She pryed and I fake smiled.

"Nope. I'm fine." 

     When school finally ended, I was thankful. My stomach was growling and my limbs were exhausted. All I wanted was to eat and sleep, but of course there was no food at home. So, my mother suggested my father and I go shopping together as a bonding moment. The thought alone made me cringe. He hates my guts, not as much as he did my brother, Isseul. But it was enough. He was abandoned by my parents after coming out as gay and moved to Seoul. Now, I must live up to my father's expectations of the perfect golden child....I never succeed and I don't wish to, his standards are high and he's delusional. After, bickering with my mother about the trip, I finally accepted the task. 

Nari's voice popped into my head as my father and me skimmed through the aisles to find ingredients. Maybe, my father would help me out with these bullies.

"Appa?"

"Eung." He picked up a soup can reading the label.

"If  a cop had a daughter who were being bullied, would he help her? Would he fight the bullies or arrest them for her?" I asked innocently using the best aegyo I had. He furrowed his eyebrows and wrinkled his forehead at my question.

"No. Not unless he had a relevant reason to help. What did she do to get bullied? Why would he arrest someone for simply bullying his daughter?"

"I mean what if these guys had records then, would he help?"

"As a cop I only do what my boss tells me. I will not get involved in other situations or cases under an circumstances. Why are you asking this?" He continued to place items into our shopping cart.

"No reason..." 

"Hmm. You're acting weird, but at least you don't have that stupid journal with you." 

I sighed in defeat as he pushed the cart and walked away from me. I turned around to grab a bottle of carbonated water when my hand touched the same bottle as another person's. 

"Ah Sujin, twice in one day. You can't get enough of me, can you?" He smirked and I gasped knowing he heard the entire conversation between me and my father.

"Your dad seems nice, really nice." 

"Leave me alone." I backed away crashing into the shelf. All of the bags of chips, cookies, and crackers fell to the floor making me run down the aisle. 

Namjoon was going to kill me....