Hell Week/Soccer

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Dear Diary,

despite snooping through Kim Namjoon's file, we couldn't find any relevant dirt that could take him off of his throne. His record was noted, but it was a crime committed before he became apart of the team. There was absolutely nothing else we could think of and I found myself becoming hopeless, especially because today was the first official soccer practice meetup. 

"Sujinah, we tried everything. If we want him off the team we need to dig deeper." Hongbin uttered as I closed my locker before sighing. The sigh of defeat. The thought of me and Namjoon being on the same team and sharing the same field was unbearable. He would no doubt bully me and shame me in front of the whole school. There was no way I would quit now, that wasn't an option. He already ruined photography for me. I was not going to stand there and watch him take away soccer too.

"Dig deeper? Is that a joke? We went through his file! We found nothing!" I shouted hysterically only to have my mouth covered seconds later with the palm of Hongbin's hand.

"Sssshhh! No one can know I took it. We will find something, okay? Give me an hour or two. I can brainstorm something." He reassured before removing his hand from my mouth and I smiled glad to have Hongbin on my team.

"Arasso....See you at lunch." I waved as he went down the hall. It was only then I was put to a hault when a bony hand wrapped around my tiny wrist. I gasped at the sudden touch before looking over my shoulder to find Nari.

"What is he going to brainstorm?" She interrogated. 

"None of your business." I spat before shrugging her off. 

"Don't tell me you're planning something to put yourself in danger with Namjoon again." Nari continued to pry our conversation meaning. 

"Why would a traitor like you care anyway? Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours!" I hissed. My blood was boiling at this point. She betrayed me, she allowed me to get framed, she didn't stand up for me, and now she wants to play the 'caring card'. The audacity of this girl drove me insane. What did she expect, forgiveness? I was far from forgiving her. If it weren't for the fact that she is my flesh and blood, I would seek revenge on her as well.

"Believe it or not, I actually care about what happens to you." She grabbed my hand squeezing it tight. There was a genuine look in her eyes and I could tell this wasn't a lie. She did care, but peer pressure of being little miss popular ruined her judgement. 

"Oh really? It didn't look like you cared when you took Namjoon and Bora's side."

"I told you I was sorry." Her voice became low and soft as she held her head down sheepishly. 

"But that doesn't fix what happened. I got detention because of you." 

"What can I do, Sujin? How can I fix things? What will it take to prove how sorry I am?" She was practically begging for my forgiveness. Half of me wanted to give it, while the other half still held a grudge. Until I could sort my true feelings out, I decided it were best if we didn't talk.

"Just stay out of my life." I whispered pulling my hand away from hers now as I stalked off to class. The expression on her face is what made my heart tighten. She looked broken. The puffiness under her eyes still didn't go down yet from all of the nights she spent crying. Maybe, I was taking things too far.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time soccer practice came around I was procrastinating whether or not to actually show up. 

"Come on, Sujinah. Get yourself together. It's just practice, what's the worst thing that can happen besides Namjoon completely humiliating you and making you look like a giant buffoon." I paced back and forth in the dim locker room before wetting my face with cold water and patting my cheeks, a stupid attempt to calm myself. Seconds later the blonde cheerleader walked into the room with her disciples. Bora instantly turned her nose up at the sight of me before pushing me aside from the mirror with her shoulder now adjusting her cleavage in the mirror. She still had the bandage wrapped around the bridge of her nose, but this time it was swapped for a sparkly pink one. 

"What are you doing in here? This is a locker room not a circus." She hissed at me then, applied lipstick while her disciples laughed. 

"Exactly, this is a locker room not a brothel." I retorted. She stopped applying her lipstick almost immediately after the word brothel escaped my mouth. Her right hand was now placed on her hip as she scowled at me. 

"Sassy are we? I guess someone didn't learn their lesson. Wasn't detention enough for you?" She taunted me now pushing me against the locker. I grunted whilst gritting my teeth as the sharp lock poked my back. 

"I made the soccer team, so you minds well get use to seeing me here." I whimpered . She smirked whilst raising one eyebrow.

"Oh, is that so? I would've never guessed someone like you would get on the team. Your legs aren't toned at all. You're not in very good shape for running, Sujin. Well, it won't be long. Enjoy your little time here."  She bursts out laughing.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I grunted as she pushed me harder against the locker. 

"Namjoon, is the captain. He hates your guts. You don't think, he'll actually let you stay, do you? Oh, you did." She pouted in a mocking manner before grabbing my cheeks and pinching them. 

"He doesn't call the shots. He's a co-captain. "

"Oh, he calls the shots, hun. I would know, I'm his girlfriend." She finally released me before walking back towards the sink. My tongue couldn't resist when I said

"More like side hoe."

 "Excuse me? You better watch yourself, Sujin. You're walking on very thin ice. You already have one enemy, the last thing you want is to make another, especially with me."

"Ooh scary." I said sarcastically only to find her fist bury into my stomach making me groan. It wasn't long before the other girls jumped in punching me in the ribs. I found myself coughing and choking on my own air. 

"Just keep being a smart , Sujin. This was only a small dose of what you'll get. Come on, girls let's go quick!" Bora ran out with her evil minions as I held my stomach for several more minutes. There were tears b my eyes as I tried to ignore the pain in my ribs.  it up. Just it up. I thought to myself as I held the bench to pull myself off of the tile flooring. The pain only got worse as I tried to hold my weight now leaning my body against the wall for support. It was the first time in a while someone inflicted physical pain on me. I could still feel their hard sneakers kicking into my side. The terrible throbbing pain that didn't seem to fade. I walked to the mirror in a hunched over position before lifting up my shirt to see the damage, knowing how easily my skin bruised. The color of purple, blue, and green combined together in several spots. I sighed in frustration. How would I explain this to nosey Nari now?  Her being my roomate the conversation was unavoidable. I bit my lower lip while shutting my eyes tightly. Why can't I win?

When I entered the soccer field, everyone was separated into two groups. The other captain laid eyes on me quickly acknowledging my presence and horrific posture.

"Your name is Sujin, right?" The captain asked.

"Eung."

"You're late. Hurry put this on!" He threw a red jersey shirt at me. I nodded nervously before sliding it on over my head. 

"Welcome to hell aka day 1 of soccer training. I'm Leo, your other captain. There are two of us, but Namjoon seems to be fashionably late as usual. You all made it through the first round, auditions. However, I'm sure you've noticed that too many of you were accepted. Sadly, not all of you will be staying with us." Leo explained causing commotion amongst the trainees. I furrowed my eyebrows in disapproval. First, I get beat up. Now, I may not even have a chance to stay on the team. 

"Yes, I know it's a shock. This isn't how we usually run things, but there will be two more rounds. If you make it to the end, good. If not, you're cleaning out your locker and handing over the jersey." He lectured. 

"In other words, you'll be eliminated." Namjoon strolled across the field, his dark shades on like a movie star. He smirked before removing them slowly and standing next to Leo.

"You're late." Leo grumbled and Namjoon shrugged cockily.

"What can I say? Tiffany wanted a quickie, and you know I can't resist such a sweet piece of----"

"Anyways, work hard and it will pay off." Leo cut off Namjoon's sentence before narrowing his eyes at him and walking away. Namjoon's cue to take over the lecture. He cleared his throat then, continued on with the lecture bringing his attention to me every few seconds.

"This team is a privillege, it's not something you get handed to you without work. In the past two years our winning streak has flat lined. Why? Because, we choose everyone who auditioned without proper training. Leo, V, Hope, Jin, Jimin, Suga, Jungkook. We are the best players on the team, but we can't do all of the work ourselves. That's why we are trying to recruit you." He began to walk towards me and stopped when our face were only centimeters away. I gasped and beads of sweat petrude my forehead. Was this the moment that he would slaughter me in front of everyone? He moved a strand of hair away from my face.

"Work hard...Don't disappoint us." He said softly then, walked away allowing Leo to take over again.

"We're gonna start with jogging to build stamina. Everyone run a lap! Go! Go! Go!" He whistled several times before everyone ran around the track like a stampede. I was the last one to leave feeling the sharp pain attack my ribs.  I was breathless within the first minute. Namjoon jogged beside me.

"Getting tired, are we?" 

"No, I'm just fine, thanks." I exhaled.

"You look flushed, maybe you don't have what it takes to be on the team." 

"Oh, you'd love that wouldn't you? I'm going to make it, even if it kills me." I gasped for air as I tried to push out the words.

"Determined? I guess we have that in common." He jogged without breaking a single sweat. 

"Don't you dare compare me to you. I'm not a criminal with a record." I spat.

"Ah, Sujin, the girl with the big mouth. You just can't get passed my record, can you?" He chuckled.

"What did you do to become captain?"

"I was born with skills, that's how I became captain."

"You're a cocky little , do you know that?"  I barked at him.

"But you love it so much, you can barely contain yourself. I saw the way you looked at me when I brushed your hair away from your face." He teased. This is what made me slow down in my tracks. He followed my pace smirking in satisfaction when my mouth fell agape.

"I'm gonna find out what you did to get this spot. When, I do your little games will be over." I yelped when my knees hit the concrete adding a pulling pressure to my ribs. I quickly grasped my side whilst gritting my teeth. 

"You should be more careful, Sujin. I'd hate to see a trainee get hurt." He smirked. Leo ran over to the scene quickly before shoving Namjoon away from me.

"Lay off!" He shouted.

"What are you talking about, man? She tripped." Namjoon tried to play innocent, unlike everyone else Leo wasn't convinced by his facade.

"If she tripped, why didn't you help her up?" Leo asked sturnly whilst clenching down on his jaw making the muscles in his jaw line bulge slightly. Namjoon remained silent as he watched Leo help pull me up.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a sympathetic tone and I nodded trying to give a reassuring smile but my slouched posture proved otherwise. Leo bit his bottom lip before looking back at Namjoon.

"You're in charge, while I' m gone." He announced. My senses were completely thrown off when Leo picked me up into his arms bridal style before walking away from the track quickly. There was a great distance between us and Namjoon now.

"Where are you going?" Namjoon yelled across the track.

"I'm taking her to the nurse." He replied.

"You can't do that! We're running a practice here! Yah! I'm talking to you! Come back! She can take herself!" Namjoon continued to shout. Leo ignored every word from the devil's mouth as he continued to me to the nurse's room. I looked up at him whilst lying in his arms. His face a blank expression. He looked straight ahead and I wondered what were going through his head in that very moment. Why did he make me his responsibility?