His Cave

Marked By Kim Namjoon

"Ah! Namjoon! Wh-What are you doing here?" I stammered whilst slowly grabbing my things.

"I live here, but please tell me why did you break into my home? Maybe, I should call the cops. I'm sure they've missed you in juvie. Hey, maybe you can even apologize to that girl." He teased while pretending to dial his phone and I ran over to him in attempt to snatch away his phone which of course he lift higher up into the air making it uneasy for a short girl like me to reach. I sighed in defeat as he smirked at me. 

"Please, don't." I begged softly while looking down at my feet sheepishly. I knew how wrong it was to break into this cabin, but it was my only option being in a critical situation like this. Home wasn't even home at this point. A cardboard box would even be a blessing and honestly, I preferred sleeping in the woods with bears, snakes, tigers, whatever. Anything but to stay in this place with my enemy/bully... He now lowered his phone before sliding it into his jean pocket. A groan escaping his lips as he brushed past me to set his groceries down onto the counter. I stood in the doorway awkwardly waiting for his next move like a snake vs a squirrel (me being the squirrel). He completely ignored my existence as he unloaded the products into his cabin and fridge and I wondered if that was his way of inviting me to stay for the night. 

I slowly approached him in the kitchen. He closed the refridgerator door before training his eyes on me. His tense shoulders softened as he caught sight of me. His eyes outlining the bruises on my face and scar on my lip. It didn't take a rocket scientist to notice the way his eyes swept over them repeatedly. I covered my cheek with the palm of my hand the tears of embarrassment forming in my eyes. His mouth parted slightly as if he were going to say something and the smirk faded. I turned my head away from him as he moved closer to me. He grabbed my chin forcing me to turn my head to face his.

"Who did this to you?" He asked in an empathetic tone. His expression was not like I've seen before. It was more sensitive, caring, concerned. A side he swore I'd never see from him.

"Why would you care?" I asked now with my voice cracking. Even though I hate to admitt it, he was possibly the only person I knew who understood my struggle of an abusive father, because he had one too. 

"Because, I would want someone to do the same for me." He repeated my phrase from that night and I chuckled slightly as the tears left my eyes. He pulled me by the hand before sitting me down on the chocolate sofa and entering the bathroom telling me to wait for him to come back. A minute later he was back with a supplies box filled with bandaids, cotton balls, q-tips, gauze, peroxide, and alcohol. He stared at me with concerning eyes as he applied the alcohol to a cotton ball before dabbing the corner of my scarred mouth, placing a tiny bandaid afterwards. His eyes trained on my plump lips for a couple of seconds before returning to my eyes. He stood up from the sofa to collect ice from the freezer then applied it to my slightly swollen cheek and I thanked him.

"You can stay here...Only for tonight, since you have nowhere else to go." He said lowly while flipping through a poetry book of his. is legs crossed as he sait in the recliner. I bit my bottom lip nervously. Was it really safe to stay here? He noticed my reaction and raised one eye brow.

"Well, it's either here or back to the person who did this to you...Your choice. I don't care either way. It doesn't change my life." He replied defensively. Now putting his reader's glasses on. Which, made him look even more attractive. He could pull off anything...What am I saying? I mentally barfed thinking about how I found myself drooling over my bully.  

"My father...He did this to me." I confessed. The embarrassment and disappointment evident in my voice. Namjoon stopped flipping through his book, removed his glasses, and placed the book onto the coffee table before releasing a long sigh. The palms of his hands digging at the arms of the chair as he tightened his grip slightly. He was at a loss of words. He couldn't gather a single sentence. Instead he avoided making eye contact. He continued to look staight ahead while holding onto the arms of the chair as if he were preparing himself for a shuttle launch.

"Why?" He simply asked and I shook my head. 

"Because, he heard the rumours about me...He thinks I'm having with you and he knows I'm not on the soccer team anymore." I sniffled. He snapped his head in my direction instantly when he heard the reason. His expression guilty. This wasn't a game anymore, this was my life. Maybe this was his realization of that aspect.  He rubbed his mouth, most likely a nervous habit before releasing another sigh and running his hands through his blonde hair.

"You're still on the team, you know? Leo still talks about you. He thinks we could really win it this year if you come back." Namjoon tried to be enthusiastic to motivate me, but I only found more tears forming in my eyes. I've lost pretty much everything that mattered because of him. The little things he did, destroyed my life, my future, my happiness. How was I suppose to pull myself together? How was I suppose to get up if I only kept falling?

"It doesn't change what happened tonight."

"I know that, but this is something you actually want. You got me kicked off the team just so you could fill the slot. Why can't you just come back?" He argued with me.

"Come back," I scoffed at his audacity, "You think I'm going to go back and become apart of the team again with the people who you humiliated me in front of? They have no respect for me! Leo won't talk to me! Sulli gives me the stink eye everytime I cross her path! Everyone at school thinks I'm a ty victim who slept with her bully! Haven't you seen the posters with my name on it?! My phone number saying I'm a and I give for free! Who is going to want me back? If Leo truly wanted me he'd say it to my face!" I shouted and cried gasping for air occasionally. All of the emotions were pouring out of me at once and I couldn't seem to stop it. I was so broken... Namjoon looked down at the wood floor abashedly. His eyes met mine again slowly. 

"I'm sorry, Sujin...I didn't think it would go this far...I really didn't." He shook his head and I nodded. 

"Saying sorry doesn't fix the damage you've caused." I was now fidgeting with the sleeves of my shirt and he clasped his hands together as if he were praying before in his bottom lip between his teeth. 

"I know, I can't take back what I've done to you. All I can say is I'm sorry and I know that won't be enough, but it's all I've got...Take it or leave it." He replied with remorse. It was a genuine apology no doubt, and it was nice to hear those words leave the infamous Kim Namjoon's mouth, but I wasn't ready to forgive him. There were a plethora of wounds that needed a lot of time to heal. The desturction he caused wasn't easy to repair. Everyday there was pain  and darkness consuming my heart. I turned my back to him before walking torwards the window to look at the stars. He sighed uneasily then, went to the kitchen brewing tea  for two, handing me a mug afterwards. 

"Come back to practice tomorrow, the game is next week and we really need you...I'll talk to everyone." He promised as I sipped the tea whilst looking out the window. He walked away not wanting to pressure me further before going to his bedroom and closing the door behind him. I laid on the couch in fetal position mentally preparing myself for another day of hell.

---------------------------------------------------------

In the morning I found Namjoon cooking eggs, soup, and rice before organizing them on the table. I stared at him in confusion and he smiled.

"What do you think I'm going to poision you? Eat up! We have practice today." He chirped. It was very strange to see him in this type of attitude. It didn't fit the character I knew. Nonetheless, I partook in his little feast after my shower. We walked through the woods together when he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"We can't be seen together." He blurted. For some reason, hearing those words from him after our conversation last night made my heart tighten however, I it up and agreed with him. We were both from completely different social groups. Being seen together especially after all of the drama would be detrimental to us both. Considering the fact today would be the day he cleared my slate. 

"Okay, you go ahead." I insisted and he chuckled inwardly.

"Yeah right, you know I'm always late and you're always early. You need to go first and make it quick the guys will be coming soon. I don't wanna have to explain this to them."

"Right...See you at practice." I quickly walked away to the bus stop where I found Nari. She pulled me into her embrace instantly sighing in relief.

"I'm so glad you're alive. Your father went completely cray-zy last night." She kissed my forehead forcefully and I groaned at the sudden affection. 

"I'm glad you're alive too." I tried to breathe through her tight embrace.

"Omo! Sujin-ah! You look terrible. Those bruises are very noticeable."

"I know, how unfortunate, right?" I replied sarcastically not caring about the bruises anymore.

"Don't worry, I will fix this. I have waterproof foundation and concealer it will cover these up easily. I can also highlight and contour if you want." She enthused and I furrowed my eyebrows not understanding most of the words involved in the makeup world.

There was an awkward silence as BTS joined us at the bus stop. Namjoon coughed awkwardly trying to make the situation not look conspicous, but failed terribly of course.

"Are you alright, hyung? Your face is red." Jungkook pointed out and Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck nervously whilst smiling. 

"I'm just tired." He made an excuse and V narrowed his eyes at me before looking back to his leader.

"Maybe, you're just allergic to Sujin." V joked and Namjoon smiled slightly then, shook his head.

"I saw your new poster, yesterday is it true, you give up for free now?" Jimin joined in and my hands shook involuntarily as I obsorbed their every word like a sponge. 

"She doesn't give anything up, last time I heard she was a stripper in Seoul on the weekends." As if it weren't enough Jin also became apart of the conversation.

"Guys, knock it off...It's not funny. Those are just rumours. Sujin isn't like that." Namjoon interuppted his voice shaking slightly.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Romeo are you defending her? You said so yourself that you guys ed on the camping trip." V continued to press my buttons and I looked down at the pavement.

"It wasn't true. I was just being a jerk, you know how I am." He replied in a low tone.

"Just being a jerk? SInce, when have you called yourself a jerk? She deserves this, remember? We're not doing anything wrong. This is fun for us." V exclaimed. Namjoon pulled a cigarette from his pocket before lighting it and puffing out the smoke.

"She's our teammate...Let's show her respect." Namjoon walked torward the bus as it pulled up to our stop. V scoffed before eying me one last time as he stepped on the bus. The rest of bts followed and Nar decided to apply makeup to my face to hide the bruises. Which I must say came out terrific. My skin looked flawless and natural it was as if it never happened except for some minimal swelling. The first thing I did was go to my locker hoping to find Hongbin so we could talk...Of course he wasn't there.

At lunch time I waited again, to see him and it was a no show. I text him, I called him, I left voicemails. He was nowhere to be found. The only place left to check was photography club, and there was no way I could gain access to the room. Giving up I returned to the soccer field thart I'd missed. Leo made eye contact with me immediately before jogging torwards me and Namjoon.

"What the hell is going on here?" He asked ignoring my existence.

"Sujin, is back on the team, what does it look like?"

"No, you can't just recruit a member back on our team when there is one week left until the game." He replied sternly. His attitude a 360 from when we last spoke. 

"That's right our team, meaning I have say in the decision making too. We both know how much we need Sujin, you said it yourself." Namjoon tried to persuade the elder. Leo furrowed his eyebrows before running his hands through his damp hair.

"I don't know, Sulli is doing really well and she's one of the fastest on the team. That's what we need." Leo argued.

This now became a debate.

"How beneficial is speed without technique? Sulli is sloppy she'll lose the ball. Sujin is fast and has great technique, admitt it.Give her a chance. If she helps us win the game, she should become a permanent again, if not she will leave and never return on the field unless she is a fan watching from the bleachers, got it?" Namjoon negotiated and Leo sighed. 

"Fine..." He uttered.

"Great! Alright, guys I'm back! Let's all stop, take a minute, and stretch, okay?" Namjoon directed the players and I grabbed Leo by his forearm as he slowly walked back to the others.

"Thanks for letting me come back." I smiled and he shrugged my arm off.

"I didn't do it for you. I did it for the team." He replied haughtily turning his back on me again and I pulled him into my direction.

"What is your problem? I called you. I texted you. I left messages."

"Let's not talk here."

"Then, when will we talk?" I demanded for a time and he sighed.

"I'll take you home, okay?" Was the last thing he said before jogging over to the others and I wondered what would happen next.