First Day pt 1

Marked By Kim Namjoon

Dear Diary,

 

     Only ten minutes had passed since I arrived back home and Nari didn't believe my story. My vandalized journal didn't help my case. She continued to pry the situation repeatedly asking questions that began with who, what, why, and how? My irritation was growing by the second as I felt bombarded and suffocated with her pool of questions. I couldn't bare it any longer and gave her the story she was searching for. 

"I got into a little accident involving a jerk." I scrubbed the dirt off of my forearms in the bathroom sink.

"A jerk?" Nari sat inside the tub with my camera in her hand, clearly intrigued. 

"Yeah, it's no biggie though. Some guy named Kookie stopped us from fighting." I now proceeded to remove the dirt from my knees. A gasp escaped her lip and I wondered if she discovered my nature photography. Most people called it captivating and beautiful, maybe she thought the same...Of course, this wasn't the case.

"Kookie, as in Jungkook?" She asked and I nodded now staring in the mirror to see her facial expression. fell agape.

"Did Kookie happen to be with six other guys?" She put her hand over her chest dramatically.  What an actress.

"Yeah, why? Are they famous or something?" I chuckled inwardly.

"What did you do?!?" Nari panicked, now pulling herself out of the empty tub. She began to pace back and forth still scrolling through the images.

"Nothing, he started trouble with me. All I did was sit there and take pictures then, he decided it was a rational idea to hit my journal with a soccer ball. It landed in the mud. I can't read anything in it anymore. He should buy me a new one!" I ranted finally, venting out my frustration. 

"Who did that?" She asked nervously.

"Namjoon."

"As in thee Kim Namjoon. Omo! Do you know how serious this is?" I rolled my eyes at her exaggerrating.

"It's not serious, Nari. It's just a stupid meat head guy." I applied my lip balm before strolling off to our bedroom where she followed behind me like a lost puppy.

I plopped down onto the mattress releasing a long sigh and she followed suit still holding onto my camera.

"Ani! They're BTS!" She turned the camera screen so, it faced me, showing an image of Namjoon taking off his shirt.

"Meaning?"

"Bangtan Boys! They're a gang. They basically run this city. If you mess with them, they never forget. You'll be marked forever."

"Marked? What is this third grade? I mean, what's the worse that could happen? What would I be marked as?"

"Their target. Sujinah, if you were smart you'd stay away from them for your own safety. All you have to do is get on your knees and apologize to them. Then, they'll leave you alone." She put the camera down now playing with the ends of my hair, her attempt at comforting me. 

"Bow down? Is that a joke? I bow down to no one. Honestly, it was just a tiny misunderstanding. Stop being dramatic, I'll be fine." I pat her on the head before laying on my side. 

"You won't be for long." She uttered before turning off our room lamp and going to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning I was greeted by the sound of birds chirping, blenders blending, and my mother's screaming...Not the best combination to hear on your first day of school. 

"Sujin, wake up! Wake up! Ireona!" My mother hollered from down the stairs. I groaned tucking myself deeper into the cocoon I made when the sound of footsteps approaching met my ears. 

"Oh no you don't! You are not going to miss your first day and make this family look bad! Get up! Ireona!" She pulled the covers off of me then, opened the blinds. The sun now beaming into my sensitive orbs. I squinted, before shielding my face with the palm of my hand.

"Just five more minutes please, mom." I said groggily.

"Ani! Get up, take a shower, then join us downstairs for breakfast." She left the room allowing me to gather myself.

"Arrasso, eomma!" I groaned, sitting up, knowing there was no way to get a wink more of sleep. I grabbed the towels from the edge of the bed, before heading for the shower. When I returned to my room, I dressed myself with the crisp school uniform that also resided on the edge of my bed. Nari curled the ends of my hair to as she said 'give it more style' and applied blush to my cheeks, which I removed later not liking the look of a blushing elf. When she tried to curl my eye lashes, I almost punched her in the face. How could anyone use that torture weapon? So, she gave up settling for a simple pink lip with a tiny bit of mascara, the only thing I would allow.

  I had to admitt, she made me look...Pretty. Not that I needed makeup to pull of the whole beauty queen thing, but it was nice. We both walked down the stairs in unison after adjusting the ties on our uniforms.

"Omo! Sujinah! You look so different. Your eye lashes are long.." My mother exaggerrated making me roll my eyes before taking a seat at the dining table. 

"I tried my best, she's very stubborn." Nari complained. 

"Agreed. You look beautiful as always, Nari~ah!" My mother complimented the golden child once again. This made me pop an earbud in before I could put the other in Aunt Sorin interuppted.

"You guys will take the bus together today, okay?" 

"Huh? I thought my father was taking us." 

"They needed him down at the station...He has to work on a case." My mother replied awkwardly, now clearing . Something was fishy I could smell it from a mile away. Although, this was no surprise, he never showed support for anything I did in life.

"A case? Really? Do you know what it's about?" Nari snooped around, probably looking for her new gossip topic.

My mother shook her hid whilst sipping coffee from her mug.

"I don't know much about it, but he mentioned the name BTS."

"BTS? Omo! I know those boys! They are trouble makers!"

"Yeah, if you see them, stay away. Their records are horrendous." She warned that was when I realized, those boys...Those very attractive boys were malicious criminals and they marked me as their next victim. The situation was an absolute catastrophy, more than I anticipated. Nari stared at me from across the table as if she were begging me to confess what happened to my mother. This wasn't going to happen in a million years. I continued to sip my green tea and hoped Nari kept shut. 

"You guys should walk to the bus stop now." My mother basically shooed us out of the house and onto the porch with our backpacks. We didn't even get to say bye before being shoved out of the front door. I was brought back to reality when Nari's palm met my cheek. 

"UM OW!" I shouted.

"You think that hurts? That's nothing compared to the pain bts will inflict on you if you don't apologize, or at least tell your father. He's a cop. He can protect you." She pleaded and I scoffed. Getting my father involved was the last thing on my mind, he would only blame me for the incident and tell me to solve it on my own.

"You clearly don't see the relationship I have with my parents. Do you really think they'd care? And honestly, I'm not worried a tad bit. Nothing has even happened to me. I am still alive, see?" I patted on my body like a smart and she nudged my shoulder.

"Let's see how long that lasts." She uttered now trailing behind me to the bus stop.

Unexpectedly, the bus stop was empty. In fact, the whole street was empty. No sign of people, traffic, animals, nothing. I was convinced this place was taken over by Michael Myers himself. When the bus arrived, we hopped on quickly and I stood in the back holding onto the hooks for balance. Our school according to the gps in my phone is ten minutes away and the time flew by us..That was until I saw a familiar figure get on the bus along with six other boys. That's right it was no other than bts themselves. I turned my head the other way quickly, hoping he wouldn't notice me, before tapping on Nari's shoulder to notify her of their presence. She was too consumed with her selcas to notice. 

"Nari." I whispered.

"Mwo?"

"Bts is on the bus!" I watched them from the corner of my eye. 

"Mwo!?!" She shouted and I covered with the palm of my hand as her screams muffled. 

"They're coming over here..." She whispered when I removed my hand.

I looked over to see Namjoon smirking at me as he strolled towards us. I pulled the emergency break, making the bus stop before pushing open the back doors and jumping off, pulling Nari along. 

"Yah! What are you doing?" She fussed pushing hair away from . I looked back at the moving bus to see Namjoon looking out of the window. He dragged his index finger across his neck then pointed at me, and I gulped.

"Saving our lives."