Helpful faces

180° GIRL

Taehyung lazily walked out and bent over to take in his milk delivery before lifting up his arms to stretch and yawn. It had been a strangely quiet morning which he had missed. After having moved in for a while, Taehyung realised the wall between the two apartments was way too thin. Although it was often muffled, he could hear her movements all day whilst Chorim herself probably didn't realise it since she never had a neighbour until a few weeks ago. He could hear her getting ready in the morning with the shower and blowdrying, blasting her music and singing terribly in the afternoon when she was at home and cackling and swearing away at night. And 100% of the time, he could not be bothered telling her off and instead just popped on his noise-cancelling headphones if he needed to concentrate. It’s almost too quiet… He could hear the stomping of feet getting louder in the apartment next door and then the door suddenly flung wide open, crashing again.
“Hah! I gotcha!” Chorim excitedly exclaimed. She had minimal makeup on to make her face look fresh and natural whilst hiding the the various blemishes on her face and the dark circles underneath her tired eyes. As for her hair, she only tied her fringe up, sporting the apple hair without shame.
“Sorry, who are you?” Taehyung jokingly remarked. He didn’t really care how she looked because he had gotten used to it.
“Ha ha, very funny.” Chorim put on a fake laugh and quickly went over to stand in front of him. She leaned back and held her hand up in the air to cover the top half of his head so she could only see his lips and chin and compared it to the photo on her phone.



“Woah, daebak...” Chorim uttered. She looked back and forth between her phone and Taehyung until he was fed up and lightly brushed her hand away.
“What…?” Taehyung said as he covered his mouth with a hand, highly suspicious of her. She grinned mischievously to herself.

~ Just a few minutes before ~

chimchim: dont tell taehyung i showed you though
chimchim: he’ll kill me
chorim: show me show me show me
chorim: i wont tell a soul, promise

chimchim: this is from high school



Chorim stared at the photo in disbelief. If the person on the right is Jimin, then on the left is...

chorim: no way

chimchim: yep
chorim: no way!


But how!? Chorim brought the phone closer to her face to carefully examine the photo. She even zoomed into the photo to focus on Taehyung’s face. No fxcking way. He definitely looked like a pretty boy but Chorim could not match his current self and personality to the person in the photo. He’s actually quite good-looking... Due to the silence, she could hear the door from next door opening up. Oh perfect timing. She got up and dashed to the door in time to catch Taehyung as he picked up his milk delivery.

~

“What are you looking at?” He urged on.
“Nothing.” She said with a smirk.  “Anyway have you seen Jimin?” Taehyung shook his head.
“Hrmm, he said he was just around the corner…” She said, hugging her laptop tightly in her arms. Taehyung just casually nodded without giving it much thought and then abruptly turned his attention back to her.
“Wait, why is he coming over?”
“My laptop is acting up. He offered to come over to take a look at it.”
Taehyung shook his head with disbelief. He knew that there was no way Jimin would just simply leave the PC bang just to help a girl he met a few days ago. His addiction was far too strong for that to...
“Yo Tae!” Jimin called out as he reached the top of the stairs. Taehyung’s lips parted slightly in awe. Jimin's face lit up with a big smile and he excitedly waved at Taehyung as if it was no big deal. This guy...this damn guy...
“Oh, you’re here! Let’s go, let’s go.” Chorim closed the door behind her and scuffled over to Taehyung’s place with Jimin following close behind. Taehyung raised his arm up and blocked the doorway.
“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked with a confused expression.
“Taehyung please, I’m not letting him into my place, are you kidding me?” Chorim laughed obnoxiously and looked behind at Jimin for acknowledgement. She steathily ducked underneath his arm and sneaked into his place and Jimin did the same thing. Taehyung stood by his door, speechless.
“Yah!”

~

Taehyung leaned back into his swivel chair and crossed his arms as he watched Chorim and Jimin on the other side of the room hovered over Chorim’s laptop and happily chatting away.
“Well I guess I better get going...” Jimin leaned back and got ready to stand up.
“No, no, no stay. Recommend me some good games and install them for me.” Chorim said with a cute voice and a slight pout, tugging on his sleeve. The same thing had been going on for a couple of hours. Jimin would get ready to leave but Chorim would stop him with aegyo and he’d comply whilst blushing and then comfortably sit back down without even denying her. Taehyung watched them from afar, still annoyed as to why they were crashing his place. Chorim had definitely gotten too comfortable since she was over so often to read manga and steal food.
“Oh, maybe we can form a party and go on a quest together later too…” Chorim giggled.
Taehyung had had enough. Once he had gotten Chorim’s attention, he nodded his head towards the door and got up, expecting her to follow behind. Taehyung quietly closed the door behind him once they were both outside.
“What are you doing?” He interrogated.
“What do you mean?”
“What do you mean what do I mean...you bringing Jimin over to my place and getting him to do all that stuff for you…”
“Really? You don’t know?” Chorim raised her brow at him. Taehyung paused and took a moment to think.
“Do you…” Taehyung cleared his throat, “Do you like him?”
“Uh, are you an idiot?” Chorim mocked him in the same deep tone. “I’ve already got my eyes on someone so no thank you.” Taehyung remained silent, urging her to continue. “I’m trying to get him out of those PC bangs. At least if he’s here, he’ll be in good company even if he is still playing games.”
“I don’t think it’s that simple…”
“Well, I’ve managed to keep him this whole morning, haven’t I?” Chorim winked at the uncomfortable Taehyung who knew she was right. Taehyung’s previous attempts had never kept Jimin out of the PC bangs but for some reason, Jimin was compliant with Chorim. Most likely because she was a pretty girl and Taehyung was not. She flicked her hair and smirked triumphantly at him. “Don’t underestimate the charm of a woman Kim Taehyung.”
“Why do you even care anyway?” Taehyung asked with suspicion, unsure if she had any ulterior motives. After all, she had only met Jimin a couple of days ago.
“Mmmm...just because?” Chorim grinned and went back into his apartment, leaving Taehyung to stand and ponder by himself.

~

Chorim had impulsively suggested they have hotpot for lunch (without consulting the later disgruntled Taehyung) in an attempt to keep Jimin around for longer in the afternoon. She hadn't planned for it to go for so long but she was actually enjoying Jimin's company because she was able to relax, ber herself a little bit and talk freely about gaming which she wasn't able to do with others. Before leaving for the market, Chorim had of course transformed herself so she was the perfect-looking beauty basically the world knew her as. As she walked through the market, she remembered Taehyung’s question and wondered why she even bothered helping Jimin. She didn't really know herself. Maybe it’s because he’s so detached from the real world...like I was...
From afar, Chorim spotted the broad-shouldered Jin wandering around near the seafood stand. She blinked a few times to make sure she wasn’t just imagining things. Why was someone like him wondering around in the common market? As expected, almost all the girls that walked past him had to glance back to take a second look at him. Chorim cleared and discreetly checked her breath one last time. Alright...just approach him like you would any other person. He knows of you at least. You're Lee Chorim...Lee Chorim... When she was approaching him from behind, she couldn’t quite make out what he was doing as he was bent over with his arms out of sight.
“Seokjin!” Chorim cried out cheerily. He didn’t budge. She glanced around, embarrassed. He must have not heard me. “Seokji-!”
“GOT YOU!” Jin’s threw his arms in the air without realising that some water had splattered all over the ground and onto Chorim’s heels. She looked at him with amazement, not because he had splattered water on her shoes but because it was the most excited Chorim had ever seen him. He lowered his arms down to reveal the lively crab he was holding in his hands and the big cute smile on his face faded at the sight of Chorim.

 



A/N: More to come, more to come~ Thanks for reading as always. ^^