House of Cards Part 3

180° GIRL

LAST NIGHT


“Chorim!” Jin cried out, catching her before she fell to the ground. By the look on her face, he knew she was completely out of it.
“Alright, let’s go.” Jin held Chorim up by her shoulders. When they were near the entrance, Jin was stopped by Dasom who looked at Chorim with overwhelming concern.
“Oh my gosh, is she alright? What happened?” Dasom cried out, pretending to examine Chorim’s condition.
“She’s had too much to drink. I’m going to take her home.” He was blocked by Dason who held out her arm.
“Jin, let me take care of her.” Dasom assured him by placing a hand on his arm, “I’ll get a taxi for her.” Dasom took advantage of Jin’s brief moment of hesitation and whispered, “It’ll be inconvenient if people see you carrying her out like this.”
Jin didn’t really want to consider her offer but knew very well there were many eyes on them right now. Before he could get another word in, Dasom had already started taking Chorim away from him and he couldn’t find the chance to argue back.
“Okay, take care of her.” He reluctantly said, looking at Chorim with apologetic eyes.
“I will, don’t worry.” Dasom said with a sinister smile.

As soon as they were outside, Dasom looked as if she had had a face transplant, her expression changing from ‘genuine’ concern to disgust and irritation in a split second. Dasom spotted a rowdy group of loiterers outside of a convenience store a block away and dragged Chorim over with her. Perfect.
“Hey, which of you would like to help her home tonight?” Dasom exclaimed. Some of the guys looked at each other confused but a stocky bald guy stepped forward without hesitation.
“Are you included in the package?” He grossly remarked with his arms crossed.
“In your dreams honey.” Dasom gave him a terrifyingly sweet smile as a warning, “Are you going to help her or not?”
“Gladly.” He scanned Chorim from head to toe in a manner that irked even Dasom out. Ew. Keeping her distance, Dasom held Chorim out with her arms, “Here, take her.”
“She’s mine.” Someone else called out. From the behind the crowd that had gathered, a pale blonde guy casually stepped forward with his hands in his pockets. The bald guy pretended not to be intimidated by the arm tattoos peeking out of the guy's sleeves and tried to assert dominance by tensing up his arms and glaring at him. However, the blonde guy’s eyes were intense and stern, not wavering at the sight of a physically larger opponent.
“Well, you can fight amongst yourselves for her.” Dasom snidely told the group of guys before looking back at Chorim with a wicked smirk. She sat Chorim down on a crate against the wall and said “Get home safely Chorim!” before strutting off.

~

Jimin was tapping furiously on his phone and swearing out loud whilst Sungjae was enthusiastically informing Taehyung of what people from high school were doing. They finished dinner and Sungjae had suggested they go somewhere 'fun' without telling them the location.
“And do you remember Sanghyuk? B*stard got a girlfriend now...Can you stop that?” Sungjae said, placing his hand over Jimin’s screen. A tune signalling the game was over played and Jimin dropped his hands to his sides with a stunned expression.
“YOU MADE ME LOSE!” Jimin suddenly raged as he aggressively punched Sungjae’s arm.
“You need to tone it down with the games, Jimin.” Sungjae bluntly said, goofily laughing it off.
“That’s not going to happen.” Taehyung added. Sungjae suddenly held out his arm, stopping Taehyung and Jimin in their tracks.
“Guys, there’s a fight!” He excitedly announced and pointed to a gathering in front of a convenience store across the street. In the sea of heads, Taehyung recognised Yoongi with his bright blonde hair in the middle up against a bald guy. Sungjae had his phone out, already recording, “Come on, let’s go check it out!”
Taehyung reached out for Sungjae’s arm and held him back, “Let’s not.”
“Oh come oooonnnn, it’ll be fun.” Sungjae aimed his phone up at Taehyung who blocked it out with his hand.
“Sungjae, keep moving.” Jimin shoved Sungjae forward who had a hard time turning away from the fight and pouted.
“Where are we going anyway?” Taehyung asked to distract him.
“Oh man, you guys are going to thank me later. We're heading to House of Cards.” Sungjae excitedly said as if he expected them to be mindblown.
House of Cards?
“Yeah, my friend got invited to this huge event hosted by some 3rd gen chaebol at House of Cards. You know...the famous highly exclusive nightclub?” Sungjae waited for a response but didn’t get one, “What was the guy’s name? Kim...uuhh, Kim Nam-something. Tall silver haired fellow. Anyway, the whole business faculty of S University is going to be there.”
“S University business? Isn’t Chorim in that faculty?” Jimin asked Taehyung who nodded in response.
Jimin turned back to Sungjae, “How are we going to get in?”
“Jimin, please. We’ll get in with no problems, trust me.” Sungjae confidently said, throwing his arms across Taehyung and Jimin’s shoulders.

~

“Don’t think you heard me buddy. Move along now.” The bald guy roared with laughter. Yoongi ignored him and casually made his way over to Chorim. Furious, the bald guy came from behind him and hooked him right in the face with a heavy fist and Yoongi crashed into the wall. To the bald guy’s surprise, Yoongi was still standing and turned back around with a sinister smile and glared back with a thirst for more.
“Are you done?” Yoongi asked calmly, clicking his jaw back into place and pulling his sleeves up even more.
Out of fear, the bald guy took another swing at Yoongi’s head but was too slow and Yoongi ducked just in time to swiftly land a deadly punch in the guy’s guts. This was the first of multiple consecutive vicious punches and kicks from Yoongi. By the end of it, the bald guy was groaning and begging for mercy on the ground, beaten to a pulp. Yoongi squatted down in front of Chorim and grinned widely. Now we're even. With Chorim on his back, he walked up to the bald guy who was rolling on the ground with a bloodied up face. He smirked and ruthlessly kicked the guy again in the stomach before stepping over his body and walking away. The crowd gave way to him immediately and murmured amongst themselves. “I didn’t think this through...” He grumbled to himself as he walked on. He looked up and down the street, considering all the possible transport options and decided to go to the curb to wave for a taxi.

~

As Sungjae had stated, they got into the club with no problems. Taehyung and Jimin looked like fish out of water whilst Sungjae was naturally a social butterfly and fit right in. Not surprisingly, no one approached Taehyung and Jimin who stood around awkwardly in a corner. Afterall, in a nightclub where the music was loud enough to burst your eardrums and adrenaline was running high, who wanted to be near a guy with his hair covering his face, gloomily standing around, and a guy who was too busy playing games on his phone to talk properly? From afar, Taehyung saw Sungjae exiting the club. Is he leaving us here? Taehyung ignored it, knowing that Sungjae wasn’t the type to just leave them like that.
“Jimin, I’m going get a drink, did you want anything?” Taehyung tried to yell over the music.
“Huh?” Jimin cried, leaning his ears in but not moving his eyes away from the screen.
“I SAID DID YOU…” Suddenly, the beat dropped and it was impossible to hear even himself speaking, “NEVERMIND!” Taehyung walked off, quite convinced Jimin wouldn’t even realise he was gone. He got to the bar and after much difficulty in getting the bartender’s attention, he got a glass of beer.
“Chorim?” The girl next to him started cackling maniacally, sending chills down his spine. Even though he was about to leave and return to Jimin, he stayed and intently listened on.“Everything went according to plan. The seniors were soooo easy to convince. All I said was that she ‘told me’ she was looking for a boyfriend and look what happened. They all cornered her with drinks as soon as she came back. They must be so desperate to want to date someone like her.”
“Dasom, you b*tch!” The girl next to her giggled, “And then what? I saw you taking her outside.”
“I left her on the streets for someone to take home.” Dasom waved at the bartender to get her drink refilled. The other girl held her hand to and gasped.
“No way!” She cried out without any sincerity.
“The gross hungry dogs I saw outside are probably still fighting for her actually.” Dasom smirked, remembering the sleazy bald guy, “Or you know, one of them has already taken her home. Who knows.” She shrugged and took a sip of her drink, “Who cares.”
“What if something bad happens to her?”
“It’s her fault for trying to seduce Jin like that. Did you see the way she was clinging onto him all night?” Dasom hissed. She was going to continue with her snide remarks but noticed Taehyung standing beside her and looked at him, repulsed. She immediately walked off and her friend followed her like a dog and its master.

Taehyung stood at the bar, holding onto the glass in his hand. It could just be a coincidence, there are lots of girls named Chorim… He tried to convince himself despite only ever having met one in his lifetime. He continued to stare at the glass and was impatiently tapping his finger on the counter. But how many are there in the business faculty at S university? Taehyung sculled down only half of his glass before rushing off to find Sungjae. Luckily, Taehyung quickly spotted him standing with Jimin and a few other people near the couches and pushed through the crowded dance floor to get to them.
“Hey, I need to head out first. I’ll see you later.” Taehyung said to Sungjae and quickly disappeared, not giving Sungjae the chance to stop him.
“I’m leaving too!” Jimin exclaimed, trying to smoothly follow Taehyung. Sungjae pulled him back by his collar and held him in a solid headlock.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Sungjae beamed. He raised his glass in the air, without letting Jimin go, and cheered with the others.
Taehyung was near the entrance when he accidentally bumped into Namjoon who was still waiting around for the girl named Hyojin. They shared an awkward moment with each other as they examined each other in silence whilst the the music played on in the background. After slightly bowing his head to apologise, he noticed Namjoon’s slicked back silver hair and remembered Sungjae's description. Chaebol… Namjoon raised his brow and stared skeptically at Taehyung. The grudge…?
Once he got outside, Taehyung ran down the street to the convenience store where the fight happened and was disappointed to see the crowd had completely dispersed with not a single soul in sight. Maybe I should try calling her first… He felt down his pockets for his phone but could only find his wallet. Sh*t. He remembered Jimin took it earlier to use as a wifi hotspot. In what he thought was a race against time, he quickly extended his arm out and called for a taxi on the curb.

 



A/N: Hey there! It's another update whoohoo! Was so glad to see you guys enjoying the last chapter in the comment section! I love every single one of you! And don't worry, this isn't the final part, there's more to come very soon. Let me kow what you're all thinking so far, I appreciate all the feedback. ♡♡♡ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ ) Thanks for reading as always!