Flower Bomb

180° GIRL

“Are you feeling unwell?” Taehyung asked before taking another bite of his noodles. All Chorim could reply with was a ‘No, I’m fine?’ and continued to eat. Really carefully. It was as if Taehyung was sitting with another person entirely. She ate with patience and sipped on her noodles really quietly as to not let any of the soup splatter onto her face. This was definitely not the same Chorim who usually aggressively slurped her noodles without a care in the world and would order a meal of 4 for herself.
“Okay…” Taehyung could feel something was up but didn’t want to probe any further. Maybe she was unwell and didn’t want to admit it. Even though Chorim was good at putting on a lady-like front, she was fully aware of how weird it was. God, why can’t I eat like I normally do... my hands won’t move fast enough...it’s like I’m sitting with… Her chewing slowed down and she continued to stare at her bowl of noodles. She was acting as would be if she was around Jin which was absurd because...well, it wasn’t Jin.
“Taehyung! Chorim!”
The two turned to see Nayeon popping her head inside the door of the marquee tent, waving enthusiastically at them. Following behind her was a girl the both of them didn’t recognise. The girl had a small frame and a ginger long-bob, her big eyes making her look like a doll. Chorim shifted uncomfortably as the two girls approached the table with big smiles on their faces. She looked like a pile of sh*t next to them. Damn it....
“Are you guys just here to eat? Mind if my friend and I join you guys?” Nayeon beamed enthusiastically.
“Not at all! Join us!” Chorim moved from the seat across from Taehyung to the one next to him. Nayeon sat on the other side of Taehyung and the new girl shyly sat across from him and next to Chorim. The four of them sat cosily on the small table as Nayeon ordered some more food.
“Oh guys, this is my friend Mina.” Nayeon patted her friend’s shoulder who politely greeted them with a bow.
“Hello everyone, nice to meet you.” Even though her voice was soft, the sparkle in her eyes more than made up for how friendly she was.
“This is Taehyung and Chorim, my friends from the neighbourhood.”
Ah, she’s such a pretty girl...I wish I could look like her without any makeup...but what I really want to know is…
“She’s MINT.” Nayeon added. A resounding ‘aaahhhh’ escaped Chorim and Taehyung after Nayeon’s confirmation. So she’s Jimin’s ‘MINT’…

The night went by and the beer cans and soju bottles started gathering on the table. Taehyung and our resident drunkard Chorim were still fine but Nayeon definitely had had a bit too much, being even more touchy and giggly than usual. Mina had left for a bit but promised she would be back. Chorim couldn’t help but feel a bit antsy every time Nayeon touched Taehyung’s shoulders or knees with her hands and looked at him with obvious heart-shaped eyes. She must have beer-goggles on or something! I mean it’s Kim Taehyung for goodness sake! What could she possibly see in him? He wears the same outfit for like a month! Well, he is KINDA cute...when he doesn’t have all that hair in his face…and and he’s mean too! So condescending...ing fluent in sarcasm…I mean he does say nice things...SOMETIMES...and he is a pretty good cook...I’ll give him that...that’s the only thing he’s good at! HMPH! Without reason to actually be angry, Chorim started blindly scrolling through her phone to ignore the feeling of jealousy that was boiling inside of her. I must have had too much to drink...feeling things that don’t make sense...
“You know, I wasn’t lying when I was hoping we could become closer. After all, wouldn’t it be nice to talk to someone who actually knows who you are…” Nayeon stopped mid-sentence, a bit shocked, and covered with her fingers before looking over at Taehyung with a quiet giggle and cute smile. Taehyung averted his eyes away without saying a word. Of course, there was no way Chorim could just listen without her brain being set off like wildfire. Wait, what’s going on? What was that? Why are they being so secretive?
“Anyway…”
Anyway!? Why are you trying to change subject? TELL ME WOMAN!
“It’s getting late, I should be heading off.” Nayeon tried to stand up to leave but ended up stumbling over and being caught by Taehyung. I know that move! I do that on guys all the friggin’ time, you sly girl! Chorim was probably too blinded by jealousy to understand that whilst she purposely made moves pretending to be drunk, Nayeon was definitely at least tipsy.
“Ah sorry about that. I’m fine.” The small girl pushed herself away from him and attempted to walk off, this time falling into Chorim’s arms.
“Nope, you’re definitely not fine.” Chorim said quietly to herself. Taehyung helped get Nayeon off Chorim and then carefully slid his arm under hers to hold her up.
“She doesn’t live too far from here so I’ll help her get home. You’ll be alright to get back to the apartment, right?”
“Yeah, I’ll be fine. Be careful.” Chorim said, hiding any hint of bitterness.

~

After leaving their cab, Hoseok and Jimin turned from the main street into the dimly-lit neighbourhood streets, sprinting at full speed to the apartment. For a brief moment, Hoseok thought he caught a glimpse of Jungkook ahead of them but quickly dismissed it when Jimin started talking, “I can’t believe that cab driver took a wrong turn.”
“Look, I’m sure it’s not as bad as we-HO MY GOD!” Hoseok summoned all of his eneryg to run ahead of Jimin who soon caught sight of what was happening. Where’s Chorim!? He was the first to reach the 1st floor, with Jimin following close behind. It wasn’t quite the scenario he had imagined with Namjoon running into Chorim but it was definitely worse. Namjoon and Yoongi were entangled on the ground, throwing punches and kicking each other at every opportunity. Despite being smaller, Yoongi had the upper hand in terms of strength but it didn’t deter Namjoon’s stubbornness.
“Okay, okay Okay, OKAy OKAY!” Hoseok screamed as he danced around them, wanting to intervene but couldn’t. They would probably kill him. Jimin tried his best to get in between the two beasts, taking a few hits to his face on the way. Hoseok was so scared, he started hiding behind Seulgi and pushing her forward as if she would be able to stop them somehow. Blood started pouring all over the floor due to nose bleeds and busted mouths.
“I’m...going to be sick…” Hoseok covered his mouth and started gagging before shoving Seulgi aside and running into Taehyung’s apartment.
“Are you being serious!?” Seulgi exclaimed, half alarmed, half annoyed.

Now kids, if you ever want to stop a fight, what happened next should probably not be considered a viable option. In the midst of Yoongi and Namjoon aggressively wrestling on the floor (and Jimin hopelessly trying to intervene), Hoseok stumbled out of Taehyung’s apartment and threw two 2KG bags of flour at them. The intended effect being a literal shower of flour to stun the guys into a state of pure confusion so that they would stop fighting. What Hoseok didn’t intend to do was accidentally throw a bag of flour that had not been open at the back of Namjoon’s head and knock him out cold onto the ground. The other bag did its job. Yoongi, Jimin and Seulgi became a coughing mess, covered from head to toe in white fluffy flour and blinded by all the dust. What you also don’t want to do is be the guy who threw the bags of flour and proceed to slip on the excess, land on the floor at a really bad angle and fracture your arm which is exactly what Hoseok managed to do in a span of 10 seconds.

~

Ding Ding.

At the next red light, Jin checked the notification from the tracker app and noticed his bike was moving nearby. What’s Namjoon doing riding in the middle of the night? He smiled and decided to turn on his GPS to see if he could track down Namjoon and surprise him. The bike kept circling a few blocks in a residential area near the university which seemed a bit strange to Jin. What on Earth is that idiot up to?
Jin made a turn into the familiar narrow streets and stopped to wait for the bike to circle the block again. When he looked up right at the moment the bike would make the final turn, he was mortified to see Jungkook skidding on the bike to make an abrupt stop. The two stared at each other in dead silence, neither of them moving even the slightest. How long had it been since they last saw each other? Jin’s brows slowly knotted themselves together when he realised how tightly he had been gripping onto the steering wheel.
“Jungkook. Get in the car.” Jin sternly said. He was not joking around. As soon as Jungkook saw Jin open the front door, he immediately got an adrenaline rush and rode off as if his life depended on it.
“YAH! JUNGKOOK! YOU BETTER ING STOP.” Despite Jin’s warning, Jungkook sped up the pedalling in a rush to escape Jin.
“You ing…” Jin gritted his teeth and got back inside his car, slamming the door shut. With the high beam lights , he chased Jungkook down the narrow street with murderous intent. Jungkook would frantically look back, only to be blinded by the bright lights tailing him. As soon as street became wider, Jin sped up the car to pass Jungkook, abruptly made a turn in front of Jungkook’s path and stopped. Without enough time to brake properly, the boy slammed right into the side of the car and both him and bike came crashing down onto the ground. Without wasting a second, Jin was already out of the car and pulling Jungkook up by his collar.
“Are you crazy? You could have killed me!” Jungkook coughed.
“It’s going to take a lot more than that to kill you. Now get in.”
“ off!” Jungkook yelled, trying to pull away from Jin’s tight grip.
“I said GET IN. NOW.” With a rough shove, Jin managed to get Jungkook into his car and immediately locked the doors. Ignoring Jungkook banging against at the window from the inside, Jin looked at the mangled bike on the floor. Despite not wanting to leave it behind, there was no way it was going to fit inside his car so he lifted it up and carefully placed it on the side of the road, hoping he would be able to pick it up later. He closed his eyes to recollect himself and come back to his senses despite the faint sound of Jungkook swearing like no tomorrow from his car, and took a deep breath.

~

Chorim walked as if she didn’t have a care in the world, looking up at the night sky with her hands tucked away in the pockets of her hoodie. Well, she wanted to not care about anything but her brain could not be turned off for even a second.
You’ll be alright to get back to the apartment, right?” Chorim mocked Taehyung by going as low as she possibly could with her voice. “What an idiot, of course not! It’s so late at night! I’m a girl too! And I drank as well!” Chorim grumpily crossed her arms and started kicking the ground as she walked, “So what if I’m kind of strong? That doesn’t mean I can fend off a rap*st with a knife or something.”
“WOOF!”
Even the small bark was enough to startle Chorim when she was walking by the gates of one of the houses. It was small Maltese dog which looked at Chorim with bright glass bead eyes. SO CUTE! Chorim dopily waved to the dog and squatted down in front of the gate.
“WOOF!”
Chorim let out a sigh and pouted, “Yeah, you’re right...I’m being ridiculous...I could probably fend off someone with a knife…”
“WOOF WOOF!”
“That’s not the point though! The point is…”
“The point is you’re talking to a dog right now, you crazy woman.”
Chorim fell on her backside from shock and shot a glare up at Taehyung who casually stood in front of her with his hands in his pockets and the usual slight slouch.
“You scared me!” Chorim exclaimed.
“Well, you scared me too so I guess we’re even.”
Chorim slapped Taehyung’s hand out of the way and got up on her own, quickly dusting herself off before walking ahead. “You’re not going to say bye to your friend? That’s a bit rude.” Taehyung shook his head with disappointment and waved to the dog, “Bye bye doggy.” He looked back at Chorim who was clearly ignoring him and smiled.

“Weren’t you taking Nayeon home?”
“I bumped into Mina on the way and she was with a few other people. I think they were on their way back to get Nayeon anyway.”
“Oh...okay.” Chorim said rather curtly.

“Did you think you can get rid of me so easily?”
“Yes actually. I was looking forward to my walk home alone.” Chorim jeered back. Taehyung suddenly threw the hood over her head and then pulled the strings so that all you could see was her face and tied them up. “What do you want?” Chorim asked with a deadpan expression. If he didn’t give a good enough answer, her first course of action was to poke his eyes out.
“Nothing. I just wanted to see your face.”
“Stop playing around. I want to go home.” Annoyed, Chorim tried to shrug him off but was instead pulled back by the strings of her hood and ended up facing Taehyung even closer than before.
“You're glowing Chorim.” Taehyung’s eyes didn’t waver as he looked at Chorim’s cute bright red face. It was hard to tell if it was red because of all the alcohol she had had or because she was extremely flustered by being stared at so intensely by Taehyung. Probably both. Not in the right state of mind, all Chorim decided to do was grumpily pout and and look to the side so she wouldn’t make eye contact with him. She was taken back when she could feel Taehyung's broad ice cold hand slowly slide under the hood in order to caress her cheek. Please look up at me..so that I know it's okay...to lean forward... Taehyung missed the moment Chorim shifted her eyes up by a millisecond because his eyes were drawn to the lights coming from behind her. Taehyung’s loving smile disappeared when he noticed the car approaching them and without a second thought, he roughly pulled her in closer with his arms around her and held her head close to his chest. Chorim could hear the thoughts racing through her mind, trying to figure out what was going on and why her palms were getting so sweaty. Why her heart felt like it was going to jump right out of her chest. Why she didn’t say bye to the dog. Why she was actually enjoying being embraced by Taehyung. Why she should’ve ordered another bowl of noodles because she never had just one. WHY SHE WANTED TO JUST WRAP HER ARMS AROUND HIM IN RETURN.

Taehyung held the unknowing Chorim in his arms as he watched Jin drive down the street without sparing them even a look. He knew Chorim would have freaked out if she saw Jin at that moment and would have wanted to hide herself anyway but for some reason, he didn’t want to put her through that. He hated thinking about how she was constantly stressed just because she thought she wasn’t good enough for some guy the way she was. He hated that she tried to convince herself that putting on a fake front to be liked by many was better than being true to herself and being liked by the few who actually cared about her. Amidst his thoughts, Taehyung managed to catch a glimpse of the person who was sitting in the back seat of the car and was surprised to see a familiar face. Isn’t that...Jungkook? Interrupting him was the movement of Chorim wriggling in his arms, probably suffocating from being squeezed so hard by him. Taehyung started to get flustered once he realised how unusually long he had been holding onto Chorim because he wasn’t ready for it. It also reminded him of the time he held her when she had a wet shirt on and that memory alone was enough to make him die inside. He often forgot how small and soft she was compared to him because she always had such a strong and intimidating presence. What do I do? Do I just hug her until she passes out and then carry her home? He started getting dizzy from thinking too hard about nonsensical excuses as to why he held her for so long whilst forgetting to actually let her go. Chorim finally had enough and stomped on his foot so that he would release her. ! Adamant on not letting her seeing him blush, Taehyung bolted off without saying a word and left Chorim behind, absolutely dumbfounded.

 



A/N: As promised. (◡‿◡✿)

Am legitimately the biggest idiot. I already had this chapter ready for the next day and thought I had posted it but...it was on 'draft' this whole bloody time. I am so sorry! TT__TT Really hope you guys enjoyed it so let me know what you think! Share all your feels! 

Thank you for your support as always. ╰(✿´⌣`✿)╯♡