House of Cards Part 4

180° GIRL

“Why the are none of these taxis stopping?” Yoongi grumbled as he impatiently waved for a taxi. He had seen at least 3 empty taxis past him already. “Ugghhhh…” Chorim groaned and moved her head. Yoongi quickly put Chorim down beside a street lamp and went back to the curb. At the sight of the next taxi, he recklessly stepped in front of it causing it to brake abruptly just a few inches away from him. Yoongi grinned at the terrified driver and slapped the bonnet of the car before carrying Chorim over. The taxi driver nervously gulped as he saw Yoongi and Chorim enter through the back door. Blonde, scary eyes, tattoo sleeve, bruised up face, bloodied shirt, drunk girl...this is an absolute nightmare.
“Wh-where t-t-to?” The driver stuttered, avoiding direct eye contact with Yoongi in the rear view mirror.
“Where to…” Yoongi paused to think, “I haven’t remembered the address yet. I’ll just direct you as you go.”
“Sure…” The taxi driver reluctantly drove off, fearing for his life.
During the drive, Chorim drunkenly rested her head on Yoongi’s shoulder. The driver couldn’t help but keep looking at the rear view mirror to observe them. I wonder if they actually know each other. What if he’s taking advantage of a poor random girl? Suddenly, his eyes met with Yoongi’s cold glare and he awkwardly averted his eyes.
“And the second street after you turn left here.” Yoongi sternly said.
When they arrived, the driver parked at the curb and waited for the right moment to speak up.
“That’ll b-be 30,500 Won.” He nervously said.
“30,500!? Ahjussi, is your meter broken?” Yoongi barked. The driver clenched his fist and mentally encouraged himself.
“N-no! Are y-you going to p-pay or not?” That was the driver’s best attempt at a threat. He was actually ready to drive off without taking money if it meant not confronting Yoongi. Even though he wanted to argue back, Yoongi instead gave in and reached over to grab Chorim’s clutch, “Alright, alright, geez. Just wait.”
Yoongi dug around and took out her wallet. To his disappointment, she only had a measly 5000 Won note left. This ing woman… He reluctantly pulled out his own wallet and gave the taxi driver his credit card. Whilst cursing under his breath, he pulled Chorim out of the car and carried her on his back.

Yoongi was sweating when he finally got to the top of the stairs with Chorim resting away in his back. He fumbled his way through her clutch to find her keys since he didn’t know the passcode to her house. He had only taken one step into her place and had already managed to crush something with his foot. An awful stench hit him as he walked further in. Did something die in here? He struggled in the dark for a moment and patted down the wall to find a light switch. His jaw dropped as soon as the light , revealing the glory of Chorim’s dumpster home. What...in the actual ery? He walked through, completely astounded by the amount of rubbish inside her place. Without a care, he lazily dropped her onto her bed with her face planted downwards and stretched out his back. With his arms still in the air, he watched her as she rolled around in her short tight dress with her long messy hair and rosey cheeks,
drunkenly mumbling a few words to herself.
“You’re damn lucky I’m actually such a nice guy.” Yoongi sternly warned her. He had to stop stretching out his arms because his face started aching. He bent over to look at a mirror, brushing his thumb over the bruise on his cheek and the cut on his lips. Bald b*stard sure landed a solid punch on me... He looked around the place, actually strangely impressed by the filthy state it was in. As soon as he looked back at Chorim, a mischievous idea came to him. He got out his phone and took a selca with her in the background, cheekily smiling and putting up the peace sign. He checked the photo and smiled, satisfied. That'll make her mad. He was ready to leave when he heard the front door beep open and a deep voice call out, “Chorim?”
SH*T! Yoongi ducked and dropped to the ground beside the bed. Wait, why am I hiding like a criminal? I’m a ing hero. Despite that, he to his side and stayed still. Is that...a dead mouse under her bed? Yoongi continued staring but didn't dare question anything else. He could see the shoes of the person walking into the bedroom and he could also hear the person’s shortness of breath as if they had been running.
“Such an idiot.” The person said. Huh? It’s that guy, Taehyung.
Taehyung properly laid Chorim’s head onto the pillow and then pulled the blanket over her. Little did he know, a book that was on the blankets fell right onto Yoongi’s face when he pulled the blankets sideways. Yoongi held his breath and shuffled closer to the bed, trying his best to withstand the excruciating pain. Once Taehyung finished fixing Chorim up, he went to turn off the lights and then closed the front door behind him, leaving Yoongi to wait in the darkness. After a few seconds, Yoongi sat up and scanned to check that it was safe. What was he doing here? He then noticed something was dripping from his face onto the ground. Is that blood? I can’t ing see anything. Regardless, he wiped his nose with his sleeve and got up to swiftly escape from the trap that was Chorim’s house.

~ NEXT MORNING ~

And ginger, done. Taehyung had gathered all the ingredients he needed and proceeded to the counter of a local grocery store. Coincidentally (or moreso unfortunately), Yoongi was right in front of him in the line. With his keen eyes, he noticed Yoongi was holding onto a hangover recovery drink.
“Morning neighbour!” Yoongi called out. Taehyung was already on guard only because someone like Yoongi was difficult to read.
“Morning.” Taehyung cleared his throat and looked away to show his disinterest in conversation.
“That’s a lot of ingredients there.
Yoongi peered into Taehyung's basket, Are you finally throwing me a welcome party?”
“No.” Taehyung could tell his blunt answer made Yoongi slightly peeved.
“You don’t look like you have a hangover.” Taehyung commented to intentionally probe him. Yoongi immediately looked at the recovery drink in his hand.
“What, this? It’s for a very dear friend of mine.” Yoongi's unsettling grin made Taehyung more skeptical. Yoongi was served first and just before he left the store, he turned back to Taehyung and said,
“Oh, and don't forget the heels next time.”

~

Okay, bye!” Chorim cried out, hanging up on Jin. She dug her face into a pillow and screamed her head off. She had mixed feelings about their conversation. On one hand, she was ecstatic that Jin was showing so much interest in her but on the other hand...Dasom, that awful b*tch. Having heard what happened from Jin, Chorim wasn’t the least bit convinced that Dasom so simply helped her get home. She would usually give people the benefit of the doubt but not for Dasom. She did contemplate calling out on Dasom to Jin but decided against it, worried it would make Jin think less of her for being spiteful instead of grateful since she herself didn’t know what actually happened. Jin probably would not understand since Dasom always acted like an innocent princess in front of him. Chorim picked up the hangover tonic Yoongi gave her from the side table and started drinking it. She didn't have the energy to question why he gave her one. She just needed the drink. She had sculled down half of the drink when there was a knock on the door.
“Who is it?” She groaned, not wanting to meet anyone.
“Taehyung.” He had headed straight to her place after returning from the convenience store. She forced herself up and went to greet him at the door.
“Yoooo.” She lazily said, feeling the heavy sense of tiredness kicking in. She could barely stand up straight and leaned against the door frame.
“Come over, I’ll make you some food.” Taehyung said. She couldn’t see it but he was staring at the recovery drink in her hand, the exact brand he saw Yoongi buying at the store.
“Master Taehyung, I am forever grateful to you.” She cried out loud, bowing down a full 90 degrees as a joke. She sculled the rest of the drink down and carelessly threw the empty bottle back onto the floor of her place before following Taehyung back to his place.

Jimin was playfully poking and squishing Chorim's face as she laid on the floor in a half-dead state when Taehyung came over and placed a big steaming bowl of soup onto the table.
“Woaahh Taehyungie’s special Haejangguk. It’s been a while.” Jimin excitedly his lips, “You should be grateful Chorim, it has been proven to be a hangover soup so powerful, it cleanses your soul and rids you of your sins.”

She's going to need a lot more than this soup to cleanse her soul.” Taehyung nonchalantly commented.
“Thank you Taehyung ~” Chorim cutely said despite being slightly annoyed at his remark. She hugged his arm really tightly as a warning. Jimin chuckled at the sight of Taehyung trying to pull his arm away from Chorim and stirred the soup.
Have you asked Taehyung yet Chorim? About last night?” Jimin asked.
Oh, no! Taehyung, Chorim sipped up a spoonful of soup before asking her question, “woooaaahhh, this soup is amazing!” Chorim had her eyes wide open, thoroughly impressed. She sipped up another spoonful. Now that she thought about it, she actually had most of her meals at Taehyung's place without realising it and the home-cooked food was always so good as a result of Taehyung's skills. She wiped with her sleeve, “Anyway, do you happen to know how I got home last night? Or who helped me?” Taehyung remained silent as if he was ignoring her question and continued to eat. After waiting for a few seconds, Chorim slammed her chopsticks onto the table and leaned in.
“Was it you?” She raised her brow. Taehyung stopped chewing.
“No.” He said.

“Then...do you know who?”
“I don’t.” He wasn’t lying. Even though he had a strong idea of who it might have been, he preferred not to speculate without hard evidence. Chorim sighed out loud and resumed to eating, a bit disappointed.
“Does it really matter that much?” Jimin asked, popping a piece of meat into her rice bowl,
“As long as you got home safely, right?”
“I guess it doesn't…” Chorim thought about it for a bit as she nibbled on the top of her chopsticks. As long as it wasn’t Jin, I guess it doesn't really matter. She then remembered the mysterious blood that was on the floor beside her bed. Or does it?
 



A/N: And that's the final part! Is everyone in love with Yoongi yet? (•‾⌣‾•)و ̑̑♡ Hahaha I really wanted to make this a longer chapter but the following parts didn't really fit well so I left them out. There's actually so much I have planned and I'm sure many of you are still waiting for certain special someones to be introduced. Thank you for your patience!

These two waiting to make an appearance...



I'm brewing up quite a mess, don't worry.
( ̄︶ ̄;) Your support is really motivating and brings me a lot of joy. I will work hard to entertain you all with this charming little neighbourhood! Thanks for reading! I'll be back very soon. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و

P.S: I know it's a teensy bit early but Happy Chinese New Year!