Shifty bubblegum

180° GIRL

What kind of gym doesn’t have a sign…? Chorim double checked with the address Hoseok had sent through and anxiously entered through the revolving door. She was immediately comforted by the hustle and bustle inside with people in training gear roaming around everywhere.  Okay, it is actually a gym. That’s a good sign.
The girls at the reception desk were happily chatting with each other but stopped as soon as Chorim came to the counter.

“I’m here to receive my gym membership.” Chorim handed over QR code card to the girl sitting behind the counter. Chorim looked around the place as she patiently waited and noticed the entrance to the gym on the left side. Through the glass doors, she could see rows of different equipment inside and a lot of people working out. Wow, this place must be really popular.  The girl suddenly came from behind the counter and formally bowed down and handed over the membership pass to Chorim.
“Thanks…” Chorim awkwardly bowed back, caught off guard by the dedicated service all of a sudden. Chorim was about to enter the left side when the reception girl held out her arm to stop her.
“Miss, the entrance is this way.” The girl gestured towards the right side which didn't have a door but a flight of stairs instead. Chorim just went along with it as the girl personally escorted her up the stairs ro the next level. Where the is she taking me? When they reached the top, the girl opened the door for Chorim. The floor above was vastly different from what Chorim had seen below. The most noticeable thing was how little people there were on this floor. As Chorim walked further in, feeling like a lost child, she noticed the machinery seemed a lot more advanced and newer than the ones she briefly saw before and they were more spaced out. The people who she assumed were personal trainers formally bowed to her each time she walked past one which weirded her out immensely. I want to go downstairs… Chorim tried her best to adjust herself to the strange atmosphere and started on the treadmill.

~

On the same day, Taehyung was innocently hovering over his desk and working away unbeknownst to him the chaos that was about to happen. Jimin had snuck outside to meet up with Sungjae and they crouched down and looked through the window like the shifty people they were.
“You know, the more I think about it, the more stupid this plan sounds.” Jimin said, “Isn’t there a better way?” Jimin really had given it some thought himself but Sungjae’s ridiculous plan always came out on top.
“No.” Sungjae looked at Jimin quite seriously, “Do you know the amount of times I’ve dragged him to hair salons, just to have him storm out on me? This is the last resort, trust me.”
“Alright, alright, let’s do it. My jaw hurts from chewing so much.” Jimin impatiently said. He got up and stormed through the front door.
“Jimin, you’re back.” Taehyung said. Jimin almost felt sorry for him because he sounded so clueless. “Oh, Sungjae, you’re here too.” Taehyung commented when he saw Sungjae following behind Jimin. The two started storming towards Taehyung with very stern expressions and their mouths madly chewing something.
“What’s...up?” Taehyung took out both of his earbuds and leaned back into his chair, highly suspicious. They stood right in front of him, looked at each other briefly and then nodded at each other all whilst Taehyung naively watched the horror unfold before him. Jimin and Sungjae simultaneously slapped Taehyung across the forehead so hard his chair fell backwards and Taehyung crashed onto the floor. Sungjae swiftly picked up Taehyung’s phone and sent a text out whilst Jimin ran for the door.
“WHAT THE !?” Taehyung angrily cried out as he struggled to get off the floor. Sungjae dropped Taehyung’s phone onto the desk and then ran to the door as well.
“We’re sorry!” Jimin emotionally cried out before slamming the door. Taehyung, who was confused as hell, could hear the distant sound of Jimin and Sungjae yelling at each other from outside. Taehyung sat up and then, regrettably, touched his long sticky and squishy fringe.

~

After a solid session in the gym, Chorim wandered around to find the bathrooms to take a shower and change. A staff member who spotted her came over to her down another hallway. This place is a bloody maze. She was expecting a communal bathroom space like you see at swimming pools but the bathroom that she was escorted to was completely private, intended for only one person to use even though the size of it was huge. Chorim cautiously stepped into the blindingly white room and immediately spotted the huge wall mirror, a large fancy shower and even a corner spa. What...the ? She looked at the staff girl with a lost expression.
“This is your room, Miss Chorim.” The girl bowed to her. Miss Chorim....Miss Chorim!? Um… Chorim started wondering if she was on hidden camera and if this whole experience was a joke.
“Oh okay, ahaha...haha.” Chorim forced a laugh and awkwardly waved to the girl. Even though she was weirded out the entire time she was inside, she managed to take a nice shower and changed into her casual clothes before heading out.

Taehyung: hlp

Hlp? Help?? What the ? Chorim just laughed at the absurd message and continued walking down the stairs. As soon as she reached the ground floor, someone called out her name and she looked up from her phone.
“Hoseok!” She cried out and walked over to greet him. He was casually standing by the reception desk. Tell me, what sort of gym membership is this!?!?
“You made it! How are you finding the place?” He keenly asked her, “Do you like it?” He had such a bright smile on his face and looked at Chorim with very hopeful eyes.
“Yeah, it’s a really nice place. Thank you.” Like, waaaay too nice...
“Ah, that's good. I’m glad you like it!” Hoseok beamed, sincerely quite glad. Chorim couldn’t help but notice that the two girls at the reception desk seemed very tense compared to when she first saw them.
“Are you free now? I can show you around the place if you want.” Hoseok again looked at her with very expectant eyes.
“Ah, no, maybe next time though! I have to head home now.” Chorim sheepishly laughed. She was lying. As nice and as happy-go-lucky as Hoseok was, he was still sort of suspcious to Chorim. Although she was grateful for the gym membership, she thought of it as a replacement reward to make her feel less guilty. However, even the pass she received was quite suspcious. She knew she would eventually become good friends with someone like Hoseok anyway but just not yet.

“Oh okay. Well, I better be seeing you around often!” Hoseok grinned widely at her. From his choice of words, she couldn't tell if he meant well or not.
“Yeah...sure.”

~

The absurd text message Chorim had received was so out of the blue that she was compelled to stop by Taehyung’s place first as soon as she got home.
“Taaaeeehyungie~” Chorim walked inside and saw him crouched over on his swivel chair and doing something with his hair. Hrm?
She dropped her gym bag on the floor and slowly walked over, unsure of what to expect. Taehyung suddenly turned around to reveal his situation.
“Is that...is that gum in your hair?” Chorim tried really hard not to laugh out loud at the hilarious sight, “Oh my god, it’s gum. You’ve got gum in your hair.” Chorim smiled incredulously at the embarrassed Taehyung. He threw his head back and groaned loudly.
“I can’t get it out! I tried but it just becomes messier.” He said and then mumbled to himself “Those damn b*stards…”
“That is a huuuge piece of gum. There’s two of them actually.” Chorim closely examined the two globs which were tangled and spread out on his fringe like spider webs. She stood back with her hands on her hips and a smirk on her face. “I can trim it off for you if you want.” Chorim said, “I’m pretty good at cutting hair, believe it or not.” Chorim had picked up basic hair cutting skills off the internet because she liked cutting her own hair and she also wanted to save money. She had even cut the hair of other people before, both females and males, so she was quite skilled. She realised Taehyung was unusually quiet and she crossed her arms, “I’m ing serious.”

Chorim eagerly came back with a pair of proper hairstyling scissors from her house and pulled out a chair into the middle of the kitchen and forced Taehyung to sit down. Chorim had only managed to lean in a bit when Taehyung tried to stand back up, “Wait, wait, WAIT!” The reality was too much for him to handle.
“Please sit still. I don’t want to poke your eyes out!” Chorim yelled, pushing him back into the chair as if he was a child full of unrest. She threatened him with the scissors in her hand. “The chair’s too low…” Chorim mumbled to herself. Taehyung stiffened up as she leaned over his lap and reached for the levers underneath the chair with her arm. He could smell a sweet fragrance coming from her, unsure whether it was light perfume or her hair, and twisted his head in the other direction. Giving up on the chair, she bent over and studied his fringe. Little did she know, Taehyung could unintentionally see just down her loose top, forcing him to shyly avert his eyes by lifting his chin up in the air.
“Chin down!” Chorim commanded, forcibly pulling his chin downwards. Annoyed by her lack of sensibility, he stormed out of the chair and went into the kitchen. When he came back, he threw an apron at Chorim and grumpily sat back down in his seat. Thinking that he was just being fussy, Chorim rolled her eyes and put the apron on. With her other hand, she extended her fingers straight out and then held the side of her hand against his fringe as measurement.
“So to your eyebrows right?”
“Do you want to die?” He said coldly, grabbing onto her wrist. She sneered at him and pulled her arm away.
“To your eyes…?”
“No…” Taehyung lips curled downwards. She flicked him on the nose really hard.
“Yah! Do you want me to get the gum out or not? I need to cut to at least your eyes.” Chorim scolded. She was actually lying. She was able to get rid to the gum by t to just below his eyes but she knew this was too good of a chance to miss. Taehyung struggled to come to terms with it for a bit but eventually gave in and said “Fine” dejectedly. She started off by snipping off the huge glunk of gum that was spread out.  She was so close to him that she even noticed the tiny mole at the end of his nose. She saw him clenching tightly onto his pants and smiled. Once the gum gone, it was just a matter of evening out the rest. Can’t say I am not glad to be getting rid of this long a** fringe...

“Alright, done.” Chorim took a step back, proudly and shamelessly admiring her beautiful work. As promised, she had cut right up to his eyes but she had also cheekily thinned out his fringe so that he would have a hard time hiding the movement of his eyes and eyebrows. His sharp jawline, thin lips and even most of his nose were now fully visible. After much protest, Chorim was able to convince Taehyung that she had to trim the back of his lengthy hair as well because there was no way in hell she was going to let him have a mullet. She took out her phone and her front camera and held it like a mirror.  
“How do you like you hair cut today, dear sir?” She said in a fake posh voice and then grinned widely,
“Not bad, hey?” Taehyung leaned in and cautiously touched his fringe as if it were suddenly up fragile. Chorim spotted some loose hairs and blew into his eyes to get rid of the little pieces of hair but his fringe was so thin and light now it flew up as soon as she started blowing. Their eyes met briefly but Chorim felt like she was getting in and suddenly pulled her head away and gulped as she watched Taehyung fix his fringe. Why am I so nervous all of a sudden? Taehyung caught Chorim intently staring at him and furrowed his eyebrows.
“What’s wrong?” Taehyung urgently asked, worried she had made a mistake.
“Um, nothing? As if anything could go wrong.” Chorim nervously laughed, hoping she wasn't blushing. You’re just suddenly waaaay too hot for your own good. Chorim tried to reason with herself. Chorim, come on, it’s still Taehyung, the same old grumpy Taehyung. Chorim smiled at her brief and silly moment of confusion and suddenly stretched her arm out and started leaning in towards him.
“What are you doing?”
“Taking a photo. Smile~” She grinned. As annoyed as Taehyung was, he couldn’t (or perhaps, didn’t want to) stop Chorim. She slung her arm around his shoulders and squished her cheek against his before taking two consecutive photos. She checked the photos and giggled to herself. She had pulled an amazingly ugly face in the first one whilst Taehyung glared at her with eyes full of hatred. In the second one, Chorim was prettily smiling and Taehyung seemed less annoyed and was looking right at the camera even though he had a blank expression. Haha, cute.

~

“Woah, is that our Taehyung?” Jimin had his mouth hanging open as him and Sungjae, again, sneakily watched through the front window.
“It is, it is. Our bud has finally blossomed.” Sungjae pretended to wipe a tear off the corner of his eye.
“We should’ve stuck the gum higher up. Like to here.” Jimin pointed to his temples.
“Jimin, I don’t want to kill the poor guy.”
“That’s true.” Jimin shuddered at the thought of Taehyung having to adjust to the bright world immediately after living in darkness for so long.
“Something…” Sungjae his imaginary beard whilst his eyes examined Taehyung walking around inside, “seems out of place.”
“Is it his clothes?”
“Yeah, it’s everything below the neck.” Sungjae replied almost immediately. Even though Taehyung’s handsome face had now blessed the world once again, everything else was the same from his slouchy posture and permanent frown to his awful (or just lazy) sense of style. To be fair, he was at home but his oversized fluffed up trackies and ugly stretched out T-shirt from middle school days was still not a good look even for homewear. Jimin and Sungjae looked at each other and sighed.
“Well, I’m out. Today was a historic day and I am exhausted.” Sungjae said as he stood up, patting Jimin on the shoulder.
“Wait...” Jimin grabbed onto Sungjae’s pants and narrowed his eyes at him.
“I’ll face Taehyung’s wrath another day.” Sungjae winked at Jimin who looked at him, completely devastated. Jimin hadn’t really thought it through to the end. Whilst Sungjae had his own place to go home to, Jimin actually lived with Taehyung and had to take on the wrath of Taehyung by himself. Jimin would have gone into hiding at a PC bang or even go over to Yoongi’s but his precious child (laptop) was inside Taehyung’s place and he knew Yoongi wasn’t at home.

Whilst highly comical, it was quite a sad sight with Jimin, a grown man (?), clinging onto Taehyung’s leg and begging for forgiveness as Taehyung dragged him around on the kitchen floor, ignoring him.
“It was Sungjae’s idea, I swear.” Jimin cried out. After a few minutes of constant whining from Jimin, Taehyung gave in and let out a long sigh.
“Okay, okay, I get it. Now what do you want for dinner?” Taehyung asked in a monotone. Jimin hugged onto Taehyung’s leg tighter but then looked up at him, cluelessly.
“Wait, what?” Jimin had expected a long lecture and even some harsh words from Taehyung but had received neither. In reality, Taehyung knew both Sungjae and Jimin wanted the best for him. Sungjae had always been upset that Taehyung had started ‘hiding himself’ and living as a recluse whilst Jimin and Taehyung had a mutual sense of concern for each other even though Jimin’s case had been more severe. Jimin slowly stood up and cleared his throat, embarrassed by his earlier actions.
“You’re not...you’re not angry?” He asked with caution.
“I don’t have the energy to be angry.” Taehyung said. A sense of relief overcame Jimin and his face brightened up.
“Okay... Well if it makes you feel any better, you look like a real flower boy.” Jimin nodded his head, thinking it was a good compliment. “Like that popular idol in that famous boy group...um..EX...EX-ah...EXO!” Jimin snapped his fingers at Taehyung, “What’s his name? The girls online really like him...Baek...Baeko...Baekie...” Jimin was surprised to be able to see Taehyung furiously glaring at him and nervously laughed, “Okay, I’ll shut up.”

 



A/N: I had a pleasant day today so I was like "Hey! I should treat my lovely subscribers to the long-awaited chapter!" Hehehe.
Aaahhh yeeesss, Taehyung, reveal that face of yours! I also adore the dorky Jimin and Sungjae pair. 
It's really stupid but I want to fangirl over my own work sometimes so forgive me. 

I can't believe I've already reached 30 chapters! (´⊙ω⊙`) I still have soooo much planned though, it's insane! Honestly want to give a huge hug to all my subscribers and those who leave comments, no matter how long or short. Every subscription and comment means the world to me! I love getting feedback and hearing what you guys think. The more feedback I receive, the more motivated I get to finish the next chapter! When a chapter doesn't get good reception, I always wonder stuff like 'Was it not fun? Was it too boring? Do they want more heart-fluttering moments?' (´ヮ`) Anyway, I hope I can continue to entertain you guys! Thanks for reading as always! ヾ(๑╹ヮ╹๑)ノ”

Also, here is a photo for visualisation purposes. Heh.