Driven boxers

180° GIRL

“Morning…” She said in a defensive manner. She was taken aback because she was so certain he would be asleep at this time. “I...I...uh…” Chorim cleared to calm her nerves and stood her ground. “Don’t misunderstand. I’m here to pick up my belongings which ended up here because of the strong…”
“Oh, don’t worry.” Yoongi leaned in close enough for Chorim to smell his aftershave, and whispered, “You’re welcome here anytime.”
Chorim looked at him with disgust. “Thanks but no thanks.” She took a step towards the railings.
“Are you sure you don’t want to use the front door?” Yoongi interrogated. Chorim froze and then turned her head to see Yoongi making way for her at the door to go inside.
“I’m fine.” Chorim averted her eyes before awkwardly jumping back over the balconies back to her place. This is so embarrassing.
“Also...” Yoongi said as he stood there so casually with his hands on his hips. For some reason, Chorim was embarrassed to even look at him. The towel around his waist looked awfully loose.
“What?”
“It’s probably better if you give those back.” He pointed his chin towards her arms. Confused, she lifted up the bundle of clothes and saw a pair of black boxers attached to the hook of her bra. Flustered, she immediately grabbed them and threw them over to him.
“Alright, now we’re even.” He said as he dusted off his boxers. He bent over to pick up the rest of his clothes off the floor. Can he at least do that when he’s clothed?
“Even? What do you mean even?”
“Well, I accidentally came into possession of your phone but I returned it…” Yoongi looked at Chorim who wasn’t buying any of his bullsh*t, “and you accidentally took my boxers,” He held up the pair in the air, “but you’ve returned them. So now we’re even.”
Irritated, she slammed the door behind her and threw her stuff onto the floor. EVEN!?!? HOW DARE HE… In a fit of rage, she kicked the clothes up into the air but accidentally stubbed her toe on the corner of a side table, sending her through a wave of excruciating pain.

~

No, no, no! Chorim sprinted for the bus but was a few steps late. She looked at her watched impatiently. Should I just not go?
Namjoon had suddenly announced he was holding a grand party, or ‘a night not to be missed’ as he marketed to all the invitees a few days ago. For a while Chorim had to seriously contemplate whether she wanted to go or not. On one hand, she could be a comfortable slob and enjoy her dramas at home but on the other, Jin was going to be there. And here she was, on her way to the party via bus because she was too poor to afford a taxi. The event was being held at a famous exclusive nightclub just a bit downtown. There’s nothing wrong with being fashionably late. Chorim held her hand out and saw droplets of rain landing on her palm. But there is something wrong with wet hair! Chorim groaned and continued walking to the next bus stop with her head slumped over. I didn’t bring my umbrella… In her peripheral, Chorim could sense a car slowing down and driving at her pace on the road. Irritated, Chorim just continued to walk on, hoping the car would drive on. Suddenly, she heard the windows roll down and a voice called out 'Hey!'. Chorim broke into a faster pace of walking, trying her best to ignore the car. Go away, go away, go away...
“Hey Cho - “
“Can you just off…!?” Chorim turned around, ready to unleash her wrath but her voice trailed off as soon as she saw the person sitting in the car - Kim Seokjin. HOLY SH*T! She cupped her own mouth and stared at him in shock. He was stunned at first and then his face softened up and he gave her an awkward unsure wave.
“You’re going to Namjoon’s party as well right? Get in.” All Chorim could manage was an embarrassed smile and a head nod as she walked over and got into his car.
“I am so sorry…” Chorim apologised, using her soft tone. Jin drove off as he chuckled heartily.
“No, it was my fault. I should've called out your name sooner.” Jin said. Chorim bit her lip, frustrated. Chorim, you idiot!

They were stopped at a red light on a corner of one of the food market streets. I could use some fried food right now… She had eaten very little throughout the day in order to not risk looking her best for the party. Chorim eyes lit up at the sight of Taehyung and Jimin sitting at a table on the corner store and she pulled herself closer to the window. They were sitting with someone she didn’t recognise. The guy coolly had his cap on backwards which complemented his trendy dark-toned street style. What struck Chorim the most was his bright smile. Oh, he’s quite cute. Chorim then became more fixated on the huge plate of fried chicken drenched in steaming sauce on their table. Chicken! Without realising, Chorim let out a heavy sigh to express her sadness which caught Jin’s attention. I could’ve tagged along...
“What’s wrong?” Jin asked. Chorim was caught by surprise and at a loss for words. Keep it together Chorim!
“Huh? Oh, I just...I’m really tired.”
“Namjoon’s tendency to throw parties is a bit draining isn’t it?” Jin lightly chuckled.
“Just a tad.” There better be ing food.
“I’m only going because I had nothing else planned for the night.” Jin turned his head, “And you know, I didn’t want Namjoon to complain for a week.”
Chorim lightly laughed, “Yeah, same.”
Nah, I had like 10 episodes of my drama lined up and a battle quest to finish online but you know, whatever. Jin didn’t realise because he had his eyes on the road but Chorim was admiring his perfect profile with adoring eyes from the side. As long as you’re there.

~

“So what have you been up to these days?” Jimin asked as he wiped the sauce off his lips. Sungjae took a huge bite of the chicken piece in his hand before replying. Yook Sungjae was a close high school friend of both Taehyung and Jimin. In their circle of friends, he was famous for being an absolute goofball, always joking around and causing trouble. His background was also quite impressive, being the son of the CEO of a big semi-conductor company. Despite that, he was an outgoing, modest and warm-hearted guy who cherished his friendship with them a great deal and was usually the one who insisted they all catch up regularly.
“My father has forced me to go back to college even though I’m already working at the company. What good is a degree when I’m already working, am I right?” Sungjae replied with his mouth still half-full.
“Hey, at least you’ve got a job lined up for you.” Jimin said.
“That’s true, but what if I wanted to try something else?”
“Like what?” Taehyung questioned.
“I don’t know. Acting? Maybe singing!” Sungjae suddenly stood up on his seat and started passionately singing ‘Mirotic’ from DBSK. He was actually quite a good singer but was jokingly singing with a cracked voice to bring the mood up. Taehyung and Jimin burst into laughter and they both dragged him back down to his seat before he disturbed other people.
“Oh but I’m nothing compared to our famous Taehyungie here!” Sungjae cackled as he put Taehyung in a headlock and playfully ruffled his hair. “You’re ing huge right now, you know that right? ”
“Yah!” Taehyung growled. Sungjae turned to Jimin, “Everytime this guy gets mentioned, I just want to say ‘Hey, I’m actually friends with him!” He returned his attention back to Taehyung, “Seriously, can I have a few autographs to use to pick up chicks?”
After struggling for a bit, Taehyung managed to escape from Sungjae’s firm chokehold and fixed his hair in place, embarrassed. He knew Sungjae was very proud of him.
“Too bad no one except us knows who he really is.” Jimin pitifully shook his head.
“Yeah, well that’s because he won’t reveal himself to the world.” Sungjae grumbled. He then faced Taehyung head on and swiftly pushed Taehyung’s long fringe back with his hand to reveal a full face. It was something that only very few people could do without facing backlash from Taehyung. “Just how long are you going to keep yourself a secret, huh?”
Taehyung struggled to find a reply. He didn’t know himself. Before he could say a word, a car which had stopped at the red lights on the corner caught Sungjae’s attention.
“Woah, get a load of this guy, showing off his fancy-shmancy car!” Sungjae yelled out loud as if he was irritated. He wasn’t but just enjoyed the thought of stirring up trouble. Taehyung turned his head to take a look and thought he caught a glimpse of Chorim in the passenger seat looking at them. He shook his head. Am I seeing things? At a second glance, the girl had already turned her head and the car drove off.
“Anyway, how’s your new place? Your aunt owns the place yeah?” Sungjae asked Taehyung with his mouth full.
“She does. It’s alright I guess, I can’t complain.”
“Any stories about your new neighbours? I ing love crazy neighbours.” Sungjae laughed to himself.
“Oh, you’d be surprised.” Jimin chuckled. He pulled out his phone and showed Sungjae Chorim’s Instagram profile. Sungjae’s eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets as he snatched Jimin’s phone up. Sungjae excitedly slapped Taehyung’s arm.
“What!? She's your neighbour?!?”
“Don’t let the photos fool you.” Jimin snorted.
“What do you mean? Is she super ugly underneath the makeup or something?”
“She’s actually alright even without, you know, all the makeup. She’s a pretty cool chick except,” Jimin swallowed the food in his mouth before continuing, “Total tomboy. Super violent. Amazingly loud.”
“Seriously? A beauty like her? That's hard to believe.” Sungjae wasn’t convinced. He shook his head, unable to comprehend what he was hearing.
“But Taehyung and her get along especially well.” Jimin smirked. “Almost too well.”
Taehyung stopped chewing and sternly looked at Jimin with his mouth half-opened, “What?”
Jimin ignored the annoyed Taehyung and cheekily whispered to Sungjae, “They’re both as stubborn as each other.”
Sungjae chuckled with his eyes still fixated on Jimin’s phone as he scrolled back to the top of Chorim’s Instagram to see her name with much amusement.
"Lee Cho-rim. What a cute name.” Sungjae said with a charmed grin, one even Taehyung had difficulty reading.

 



Next Chapter preview:
“Hey, do you want to leave this place with me?”

 



A/N: More to come your way soon! Thanks for reading as always!
(Also, I added Sungjae's character photo! Hehehe)