Gaming hoodies

180° GIRL

Chorim: Jimin-ah, I need your help with something
Chorim: where are you?
Chimchim: next door
Oh, he’s already at Taehyung’s.
However, when Chorim made her way over with her laptop, no one was at home. Confused, she went outside again and closed Taehyung’s door behind her.
Chorim: where are you?
Chorim: no one’s here???
Chimchim: oh
Chimchim: your other next door
My other next door? She looked up from her phone and then at Yoongi’s place. What…

The door was already slightly open and Chorim reluctantly pushed it. On the floor in front of the big plasma screen was Jimin comfortably lying on top of a pillow, completely fixated on the game. The place wasn’t as messy as Chorim’s but it was still considerably untidy with clothes scattered in random places and old takeaway boxes covering the table.
“Jimin…” Chorim still stood at the door, not sure whether she actually wanted to go inside or not. It was the filthy territoty of Min Yoongi after all.
“Hang on...I’m… out of ammo.” Jimin had his tense shoulders hunched over. Yoongi suddenly came from the kitchen bringing out a packet of dried beef jerky.
“If it isn’t my favourite person.” Yoongi walked over to the door. Chorim hugged her laptop and glared at him, completely defensive.
“Come in,” Yoongi leaned into until he was only a breath away from her ear and whispered, “I only bite a little.” Chorim suddenly remembered the scene of him kissing the girl from last time and got flustered. Just as Yoongi was heading back inside and settling himself on the floor, Jimin was at the door to greet Chorim. Before he could get a word in, Chorim aggressively grabbed his shirt and pulled him in.
“Since when were you two so close?” Chorim interrogated.
“Weeeellll you see…”

 



Jimin was trying to tap in the passcode to Taehyung’s place when Yoongi had also just arrived home and walked past Jimin. Holy sh*t, it’s the new neighbour. What did they say his name was…”B*stard”. No wait that’s just what Chorim calls him... Jimin discreetly eyed Yoongi from the side. He does look like a scary fellow. How is it that this is the first time I’ve bumped into him though?  As he was looking, something caught his eye.
“WOAH!” Jimin yelled out loud, his eyes glued to what Yoongi was holding, “Is that…” He ran over to Yoongi who immediately became apprehensive, “Is that the new of Call Of Duty game!?” Jimin’s eyes glistened like a puppy and he had a stupid smile on his face. Yoongi proudly grinned and held the game up to face level.
“For PS4.”
“YOU HAVE A PS4!?” Jimin mouth hanging open. He then squeezed Yoongi’s hand affectionately and lifted it up, “Do you have a second controller?”

 



“And yeah, we've been at it for a few days.” Jimin gave Chorim a short nod but Chorim just blankly stared at him. Wow, why am I not surprised? That is the most Jimin way to make friends.
“Wait, is that why I haven’t seen you at Taehyung’s for the past week?” She asked.
“Yeeeeeah, kind of.” Jimin said in a guilty tone.
“I can’t believe you abandoned Taehyung for a PS4.” Chorim jokingly shook her head as if she was disappointed in him.
“Hey, I’m just giving him some space. I feel like a burden since I’m over there so often anyway. ”
“Right…” Chorim averted her eyes, knowing full well that she was over at Taehyung’s as often if not more than Jimin.
Yoongi waved his hand in the air, “Close the door will you? The sunlight is blinding.”
“Are you a ing vampire?” Chorim retaliated even though she shut the door behind her without even realising it.
“Yes I am, now are you guys done? Are you going to join us or not?” Yoongi slid a controller on the floor over to Chorim. What the hell? I didn't come over here to play games. The controller suddenly looked like it was shining at Chorim, begging her to pick ot up. Resist the temptation, Chorim…resist it...
Chorim didn’t even see it happen but Jimin was already in his super concentrated gaming mode on the floor next to Yoongi, tightly holding onto a controller. The two of them were going through the menu and Chorim stared at the controller near her foot. Godammit. Eventually, she gave in, snatched it up and sat on Jimin’s other side.

~

Taehyung had just arrived at the top of the stairs and heard the ruckus coming from Yoongi’s apartment. Worried about all the sudden noises, he cautiously opened the door and saw the havoc unravel before his eyes. It was basically a bunch of immature people yelling and cursing at each other as they played a game together.
“YAH! ARE YOU ING DEAF? I SAID I’M HERE NEAR THE SHED.” Yoongi furiously smashed his controller into the ground.
“DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY ING SHEDS THERE ARE IN THIS MAP, YOU DUMBF*CK?” Chorim yelled back despite having beef jerky in .
“GUYS, STOP ING YELLING AND BACK ME UP FOR ’S SAKE.” Jimin raised his voice, trying to talk over the two of them arguing.

All it took was a glimpse for Taehyung to close the door and calmly leave the scene. He felt a mixture of things ranging from fear to confusion but the most prominent was relief. Are my days of peace finally back?

~

No, they are not. It was night time and both Jimin and Chorim were back at Taehyung’s place as usual. Chorim had dragged Jimin away from Yoongi because she hated the fact that they had gotten so close. Taehyung sighed as they chatted away loudly and went to the fridge. He then went to put a hoodie on and grabbed his wallet. Chorim realised he was heading to the door and asked where he was going.
“I’m out of a few things for dinner tonight, I’ll be back soon.”
“I’ll come with you!” Chorim enthusiastically yelled out as she stood up.
“You don’t need to…”
“No, no, I’ll come.” Chorim ran over to put her shoes on, “Let’s go, let’s go.” She went outside first and hurried him.
Ever since Taehyung had thoughtfully made Chorim hangover soup when she needed it the most, she realised just how often he cooked for her and felt guilty. Even though he never mentioned it, she decided she wanted to help out by buying some of the groceries at least which was why she was so insistent on coming with him. Of course, Taehyung didn’t know her intentions so he was highly suspicious of her the whole trip.

Outside of the entrance of the store, there was a black car parked on the side with two guys leaning against the bonnet smoking. Their eyes leered at Chorim as she was walking towards them.
“Hey cutie.” One of them called out. Displeased from being ignored by Chorim, they glared at Taehyung who followed behind her.
A few moments later, Taehyung walked out holding onto all of the bags of ingredients they had bought and walked past the black car again.
“Taehyung, wait for me!” Chorim said, quickly paying for a last minute purchase at the counter. She jogged out and playfully tried jumping onto his back.
“What’s a girl like her hanging out with such a loser?” The guy sneered, spitting on the ground. Taehyung ignored the comment but Chorim wasn’t going to hear another word of it and turned around.
“MAYBE IT’S BECAUSE HE ISN’T A GROSS D*CKHEAD LIKE YOU.” Chorim shouted, leaving Taehyung absolutely stunned.
“WHAT’D YOU SAY B*TCH?” The guy took the cigarette from his mouth.
“I SAID MAYBE IT’S BECAUSE -”
Taehyung cupped Chorim’s mouth before another word escaped from her and pulled her away from the store despite her retaliation. He then released her when they were a few stores away.
“I don’t get why you let people run their mouths like that.” Chorim said grumpily.
“And I don’t get why you feel the need to attack everyone.”
“They deserve it.”
“Also,” Taehyung stopped walking, “can you stop that?” Only when he pointed it out did she realise she had been tightly hugging Taehyung’s arm. She let go and crossed her arms, tucking her hands under her armpits.
“It’s cold. We left in such a hurry, I forgot my jacket.”
“What the hell, you were the one rushing us...”
“Alright, alright, let’s just go.” Chorim pouted and stomped off like a brat. Taehyung was fed-up with watching her rub the sides of her arm from behind and held out the bags, “Hey, hold these for a second.” Chorim did as she was told and watched as Taehyung ped his hoodie. He then threw it at her head, intentionally covering her face.
“Hey…” Chorim placed the bags on the ground and slid the hoodie off of her head. Taehyung had already continued walking forward in his plain white T-shirt, leaving Chorim and all of the grocery bags behind him.
“HEY!” Chorim angrily cried out whilst she properly put on the warm hoodie. She knew Taehyung was tall but his oversized hoodie which fit her like a dress reminded her that he was quite a giant compared to her small self. She picked up the rest of the bags and ran after him, “WAIT YOU A**HOLE!”
Taehyung smugly walked with both of his hands tucked away in his pockets whilst Chorim grumpily carried all of the bags beside him.

“Taehyung!” A voice called out behind them. Taehyung and Chorim both turned to see Sungjae jogging towards them. He was coolly dressed in all black with a cap on.
“Sungjae! Hey.” Taehyung greeted, a bit surprised.
“It’s you!” Chorim blurted out, unintentionally interrupting them.
“Oh Chorim!” Sungjae smiled at her, “Ah, you get prettier every time I see you.” Chorim was suspicious of his comment, knowing it was most likely flattery. The last time he saw her in Starbucks, she was quite flawless but right now she was nowhere near as glamorous. Luckily, Chorim had been careful not to leave the house in her full slobbish state but there was still a lot left to be desired from her wearing Taehyung’s ugly hoodie to her unruly hair.
“You guys have met?” Taehyung questioned them in a curious tone.
“Yeah, he bought…” Chorim was about to answer truthfully but Sungjae brought a finger to her lips and grinned at her.
“We have.” Sungjae chummily wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Their relationship remained ambiguous to Taehyung who watched them as they exchanged a few words.
“Anyway, what are you guys doing out here?” Sungjae asked Taehyung.
“I’m about to make dinner. Did you want to join us?”
“Well, I’ve just eaten…” A cheeky smile crept across Sungjae’s face, “but I can always drink. Come on, I’ll buy some soju on the way there.”
“Alright, sure.” Taehyung smiled.
“Ah, let me hold those for you.” Sungjae grabbed all the bags off Chorim and carried them away as he walked ahead. Chorim poked her tongue out at Taehyung and went to walk alongside Sungjae instead.

“Welcome back~” Jimin said in a monotone as soon as he heard the door open. He didn’t bother looking up to see who it was because he was too busy playing.
“Get up, you lazy b*stard.” Sungjae stepped on Jimin’s . Jimin turned his head and sat up, pleasantly surprised.
“Sungjae! What are you doing here?”
“Joining you guys for drinks.” Sungjae placed the bottles of soju onto the table.
Jimin and Chorim returned to what they were doing as Taehyung went into the kitchen to start making dinner. Sungjae was taking a quick tour of Taehyung’s place and then went to the kitchen.
“Hey, I’ll help you prepare.” Sungjae rolled his long sleeves up. He went to the sink to start washing the carrots and looked at Jimin and Chorim.
“Don’t let thse two live off you like this, Taehyung. You’ve got to make them work for their food.” Sungjae warned Taehyung, shaking his head at the lazy-bums.
“I don’t think Jimin knows how to make anything other than ramen,” Taehyung smirked, “and I wouldn’t trust anything that that woman makes.” He said, looking at Chorim. They all laughed except Chorim who looked up from her tablet and glared at Taehyung. She would have cursed at him but was aware that Sungjae was now around and she had to be careful.

They had heated conversations over dinner and after a few bottles of soju, Sungjae and Taehyung were once again in the kitchen, this time washing the dishes. It really only took a few shots of soju to get Chorim a little tipsy and start revealing her true self in front of Sungjae. The first instance was when she started cursing at Jimin who kept arguing with her. Jimin had a tendency to get emotional when he had any sort of alcohol in him. The second was when she burped repulsively after having too much to drink in one go. The third was when she grabbed Sungjae by the collar and called him a b*stard when he talked down on a particular online character.
“Quite charming isn’t she?” Sungjae said to Taehyung whilst watching Chorim aggressively wrestle Jimin to the ground to settle their argument. Taehyung looked at the way Sungjae was watching her and for some reason, he felt unsettled.
“Woah, woah, woah…” Sungjae dropped the glasses into the sink and wiped his hands on his pants whilst running over to help Chorim up from the floor.
“Ah, I’m alright.” She said, brushing him off.  
“Guess it’s time to go home now.” Sungjae warmly smiled and helped her stand up. By the way things were going, it looked like Sungjae wanted to help Chorim go back to her place. Taehyung was about to stop him when Chorim suddenly stepped away and pointed her finger towards both of them.
“No one is allowed into my house.” The serious moment was disturbed by her cute hiccup, “You’ll get lost.” She smiled like an idiot, stumbled to the front door and left Taehyung’s place on her own. Instead of being offended, Sungjae put his hands on his hips and lightly chuckled.
“Anyway, I should really head home now too. Thanks for dinner.
” Sungjae said, We should do this more often now that you have a place.”
“You can just stay over if you want.”
“I’m not sure you have room for another person.” Sungjae and Taehyung both looked at Jimin who was rolling around on the floor with his flushed cheeks and watery eyes. “Maybe I’ll ask Chorim if she has room.” Sungjae smirked. Taehyung looked at him with his mouth slightly agape, not sure how to respond and then Sungjae just burst into a hearty laugh and said, “I’m kidding.”