Delicious assumptions

180° GIRL

“Chorim!” Namjoon called out, immediately feeling stupid afterwards because he realised there was no way she would be able to hear him when she was on the ground floor. The music was so loud he could barely hear himself. He watched with much confusion as Chorim headed into the male bathroom and then leaned over the railing and squinted his eyes to make sure he was seeing correctly. Wait, that was Chorim right? Is she going to be okay? He was about to make his way down when he spotted her storming back out towards the dance floor with a blonde guy following behind her with a slight limp as if he had been injured.
“The foam is about to come down.” Ilhoon cried out, jokingly hitting Namjoon’s behind as he walked past. Unlike Namjoon, Ilhoon was fully prepared to dive into the foam ocean, already shirtless with two beers in his hands - one for himself and one for the hot girl he had his eye on.
“The what?” Namjoon mindlessly questioned without realising the foam was already being released from the ceiling. He temporarily lost sight of Chorim but then witnessed the blonde guy lifting her up and carrying her out on his shoulders. Sensing that she might be in danger, Namjoon immediately made his way down the stairs and desperately tried not to lose sight of her amongst all the foamy chaos.

Despite being stopped along the way by people who wanted him to join them in their fun, Namjoon managed to get to the front of the club where the entrance was and slowed down into a crouching position. He awkwardly hid behind one of the security guards at the front and ushered them to ignore him once he realised that Chorim and the blonde guy were standing outside. Upon a closer look, he undoubtedly recognised the blonde guy with scary eyes, having seen him a couple of times with Chorim before.
    “Look, I’m sorry okay? I’m genuinely sorry about that night. What I did was wrong and I crossed the line.” The blonde guy said in a serious tone. Namjoon glared at a girl who was talking really loudly on the phone as she walked past the entrance doors and then resumed his eavesdropping.
    “...I should have looked after you instead but I didn’t. I’m sorry.”
Chorim was silent for a while but looked at the blonde guy with resentment, a look that was Namjoon was too familiar with. Is this some sort of K-drama?
        “Thank you, that is what I wanted to hear.”
Namjoon was so invested in spying on the two of them that he didn’t notice Ilhoon creeping up behind him until he was slapped on the back.
“Dude, what are you doing here?” Ilhoon asked and then immediately backed away.
“WArgh!” Namjoon let out a restraint cry. He quickly stood up and pushed Ilhoon further back into the club, away from the entrance to avoid getting caught. Namjoon’s suspicions about Chorim seemed to re-ignite once he remembered how different she seemed around this strange blonde guy and how he previously saw the guy hug her once before on the street. He didn’t want to accept it but he was certain he just witnessed a lover’s quarrel between Chorim and the blonde guy.

~

BZZZZZZ. BZZZZZZZZZZ.

Chorim took a deep breath and stopped in the middle of the pathway to get out her phone. It was most likely the same person who had been spamming her for the last hour but she had to check just in case it was Jin.

johnjungkook: pls reply

johnjungkook: i know where your campus is

johnjungkook: I’m coming

Chorim rolled her eyes at what she thought was an empty threat and put the phone back into her pocket. It was not until half an hour later that Chorim would regret ignoring Jungkook’s message.
“Nuna.” Jungkook called out creepily from right behind her as she walked passed a building. Chorim immediately turned back and whacked her books over his head. She didn’t regret it after realising who it was and watched as Jungkook unfurled himself in front of her in his suspicious pitch-black outfit, complete with a snapback, sunglasses and a face mask.
“You are ing kidding me…” Chorim said under her breath.
“Nuna, listen.” Jungkook slid his mask down and turned his head back to check if anyone was watching, “Quickly, give me the new passcode to your place. It changed.”
“I changed it for a reason!” Chorim hissed back. She had honestly gotten sick of Jungkook entering her place as he pleased, especially when she wasn’t at home. It had gotten to the point where she could be in the shower and he would still intrude and lay on the couch to watch TV or raid the fridge.
“Look, it’s really dangerous for me to be here right now.” He sternly said. Even though she didn’t understand what he meant, the fact that he was outside in broad daylight seemed like a big deal to Chorim. She had noticed from a while ago that Jungkook liked staying inside during the daytime as if he was in hiding.
“And does it look like I care?” She snapped.
“How can you say you don’t care whEN WE HAVE SPENT SO MANY LONG NIGHTS TOGETHER AT YOUR PLACE AND - “
Chorim’s hand had never moved so fast before and she literally shoved her thumb inside his mouth to stop him from talking. She pulled her hand away and wiped her thumb on his shirt before pulling his head down so that they were both facing each other at eye-level.
“Wow. Do you seriously want to die right now?” Chorirm growled, quickly losing patience for his nonsense. Jungkook raised his hands in front of him apologetically with a cheesy smile on his face.
“Nuna, pwweeeaaaassseeee.” Jungkook started cutely stomping his feet on the ground in front of her, a futile attempt to charm Chorim. She looked at him with absolute disgust and whacked him over the head with her hand so hard that his sunglasses flew off. She didn’t even care if other people saw, she just had to stop him. Jungkook was quick to use her disgust to his advantage and continued to talk in a cringey cute voice whilst hugging her limp arm. It was only a matter of time until Chorim couldn’t handle anymore.
“Okay, okay, OKAY! Please just stop and get off me.” For Chorim, Jungkook’s cute act was so cringeworthy that she felt like she was going to be sick. “But I’m definitely going to set up some rules when I get home later.” Jungkook nodded and gave her OK sign with his hand.
“It’s 0412.” Chorim said, carefully paying attention to Jungkook’s reaction. It was as she expected. It wasn’t obvious but there was a hint of slight discomfort.

Because it was Jin’s birthdate.

Jungkook forced a smile to hide the fact that he recognised those numbers even though Chorim was reading him like a book. He briefly glanced over Chorim’s shoulder and could not believe his damned luck. THE ONE TIME I SET FOOT ON THIS CAMPUS!!! He was in such a hurry to put the sunglasses back on that he nearly poked his eye out. He turned his head and started walking away whilst Chorim turned around to see Jin heading towards them. Good timing. She immediately turned back around to grab onto Jungkook’s arm and he desperately tried pulling himself away from her monstrous grip but couldn’t.
“Where are you going?” She said in a teasing manner.
“Let go.”
“Only if you tell me how you know Jin.” Chorim earnestly said without budging. It was something that had been bugging her for a while now and she was determined to find out.
“Let go!”
“I’m not letting go until you tell me.”
“Chorim, I’m begging you.” Jungkook’s tone alone was enough to tell Chorim he was dead serious. She let go at the very last second and Jungkook sprinted off just as Jin reached them.

“Who was that? A friend?” Jin said as he approached her. Chorim was quick to put on a sweet smile for him.
“You can say that. But more importantly, what are you doing here?” Chorim asked to change the subject.
“I was looking for you actually.” The way he warmly gazed at her as he was talking still made her shy.
“Oh?” Chorim realised he was actually holding something behind in which he brought to the front to give to her.
“I made it for you this morning.” Jin smiled, the side of her head lovingly whilst she curiously looked at the package. It was slightly heavy and well wrapped with a cute cloth.
“You made it?” Chorim discreetly shook it to see if she could guess, “What is it?”
“You’ll have to open it and see.” A frown suddenly appeared on Jin’s face, “Unfortunately, I found you too late. I should have called you but I wanted to surprise you.”
“You didn’t have to…” Chorim hugged the package and cutely pouted whilst looking at the ground.
“I have to rush off now because the company just called me to come in...”
“Oh, don’t let me keep you!” Chorim said even though she was sad that he was already leaving. They weren’t spending a lot of time with each other because he always seemed so busy.
“Please enjoy it okay? I’ll talk to you tonight.” Jin’s smile melted Chorim’s insides as usual and she waved him off with a dumb lovestruck smile on her face. Every interaction just seemed like a dream to her. Chorim walked over to a bench to sit down with a chummy grin on her face. I wonder what it is...

~

“Eeehhh? You were called into the office?” Namjoon sighed, “If you must. We wouldn’t want your tyrant father to go apesh*t on you. I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He hung up on Jin and continued on his way. Whilst contemplating whether he should go to his classes or not, Namjoon saw Chorim sitting by herself on a bench. She looked elegantly beautiful as she always did on campus and he couldn’t help but think it was a shame she was close with a guy who looked like a thug. He felt even more sorry for his friend Jin who was perhaps being played by her. Hrm…what should I do… Namjoon had never kept such as serious secret from Jin before and the guilt was eating at him slowly.

Namjoon surprised Chorim by jumping over the bench from behind and sitting right beside her.
“Namjoon!”
“Chorim-ah!” Namjoon wrapped his arm around her shoulders and gave her a little hug as usual, “Why is my girl sitting here all by herself?” He noticed a strange expression on her face and glanced at the box on her lap.
“Oh, I um...was opening a gift I got from Jin just now...” Chorim sheepishly replied and looked down at the box.
“What? He just gave it to you and left?”
“Yeah…”
Wow, way to go Jin, real romantic… “What is it?”
“Ah, well...you see…” Chorim lifted the lid of the box up with a noticeably shaky hand and revealed the contents to Namjoon. It was actually a bento box filled with beautifully presented food and Namjoon was not one bit surprised. The most noticeable items were two rice balls in the shape of hearts, one of which was already bitten into.
“It’s such a sweet gesture…” Chorim looked at the food and gulped. Sh*t, why did Namjoon have to come right now? Now I actually have to eat it in front of him or else he might tell Jin I didn’t eat any of it and then… She nervously picked up the rice ball she already bit into and mentally prepared herself for another excruciating bite. She was still trying to recover from the first bite which was unsurprisingly awful.

Does she feel guilty because she’s actually already dating someone? What Namjoon mistook for an expression of guilt was actually Chorim anxiously getting ready to eat some of Jin’s food in front of him. Chorim...how can you lead Jin on like this?! Namjoon knew that despite having girls from all walks of life throw themselves at him, Jin had always been uninterested in them but with Chorim, it was definitely different. And why do I have to be caught up in all of this as well? With a surge of pity for his friend, Namjoon reached over to the lunch box, grabbed a smaller rice ball and shoved it in his mouth.
“Bleaughh…” Namjoon’s face soured upon eating the rice ball and struggled to even swallow it.
“Did this idiot make a rice ball out of just salt!?” Namjoon yelled with rice flying out from his mouth. Chorim started laughing hysterically, forgetting that she was probably laughing too outrageously in front of Namjoon. She couldn’t help it since Namjoon was suffering so much from his best friend’s cooking.
“Okay, I’m going to be really honest with you. I’ve never had the heart to tell Jin his cooking actually s*cks.” Namjoon bit into his fist, “Can you imagine? Me telling him that his food is the worst thing I’ve ever tasted?” He shook his head and let out a long sigh. “But the thing is, he really loves to cook and will only personally do so for the people closest to him…” Namjoon was going to say something else but didn’t want to scare Chorim off, “You get what I’m saying, right?” It was all Namjoon felt he could do for his friend at that moment without being too aggressive towards Chorim. Even though she wasn’t used to Namjoon being so serious, Chorim nodded with a smile, understanding that he was saying she was special to Jin which she was glad to hear. They continued to chat as usual without eating Jin’s food because they both didn’t want to get a stomach ache.
“So how are things with Chi?”
“What?” Namjoon raised a brow, looking really confused, “That’s a weird question to ask. I have absolutely nothing to do with her.”
“Namjoon...you literally talk about her every single time we see each other.”
“Do I?” Namjoon tilted his head to the side, “Anyway, my curiosity has disappeared. I found out her background and quite frankly, it was shocking. Plus, she’s dating someone anyway.”
“So you were interested in her.” Chorim jokingly nudged him in the side with her elbow.
“No, I wasn’t.” Namjoon narrowed his eyes at her as a warning. He was about to clarify his curiosity when Chorim suddenly stood up and started waving.
“Seulgi!” She exclaimed with a lit up face. Namjoon casually turned his head, not ready for what was coming. He watched Seulgi walking towards them in slow motion with her long luscious hair being gently blown in the wind as if she was a goddess. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes on.
“Seulgi, this is Kim Namjoon, unfortunately a good friend of mine. Namjoon, this is my friend Seul-”
“It’s nice to meet you.” Namjoon was already standing up enthusiastically holding out his hands to greet Seulgi, towering over her with his height. Knowing him way too well, Chorim was worried he was going to go in for the kiss on Seulgi’s hand but fortunately, he didn’t.
“Oh, Kim Namjoon? It’s my honour.” Seulgi giggled and shared a look with Chorim to confirm that it was none other than the infamous Kim Namjoon everyone talked about. As the two girls quickly caught up on the spot, all Namjoon could focus on was Seulgi’s seductive eyes which seemed to endlessly draw him in. Before he knew it, Seulgi was waving to Chorim and then to him.
“Alright, see you guys.” Even Seulgi’s voice sounded like sweet honey to his ears and he was still in such a trance that he couldn’t wave back in time. Once she had left, Chorim noticed Namjoon was looking a bit strange and waved her hand in front of his face to get his attention. Namjoon abruptly grabbed onto her shoulders and eagerly exclaimed, “Chorim, tell me everything about your friend Seulgi.”

 



A/N: Ah, I'm back and it's good to be back. Did you all miss me? Because I missed you and the characters! Thank you for your patience everyone. We can treat this like the second season of the story where everything falls apart, hahahaha. I know this chapter may seem dialogue heavy but it's important I swear! I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of the story with you guys so do anticipate it~ Can't believe a new year is already approaching us, how crazy is that?

Quick recap on the characters (for my own reference haha):
Chorim: still hopeless, still in love with Jin (even though she senses something is weird), recently feeling like she wants to be Sherlock Holmes
Taehyung: still emo, recently getting the feels but not entirely sure what to do with the feels, poor thing
Jin: still awful at cooking, recently being rather affectionate
Jimin: still gaming, recently interacted with his fave internet celeb

Namjoon: recently fell in love at first sight, recently stumbled upon a great secret or so he thinks
Jungkook: still shady, still annoying
Yoongi: still being Yoongi
Hoseok: still a ball of sunshine

Things I missed out on talking about with everyone during my absence:
- TaeJin legendary scene at MAMA 2016 (imagine Chorim seeing that...she would probably die on the spot) 
- Actually, just the whole BTS MAMA stage ---> Artist of the year! Truly well deserved. 
ヾ(o✪‿✪o)シ
- Jungkook crying, Jin crying (beautifully), damn Yoongi crying (oommmggg) ಥ_ಥ
- The 'Goblin' drama airing right now is really good, do check it out if you're not already! Even though, there's only 4 episodes out at the moment, the story seems promising and the production quality is so high. Love it. 
- Going to shamelessly promote PENTAGON here, my favourite rookie group of this year who have mad talent and killer visuals pls stan, you won't regret it
- No seriously, go watch PENTAGON's 'Can You Feel It' right now because you will feel it    
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
- Alright, I'll stop now hahaha hope you have all been well, see you soon! (´•ω•`๑)