Moonlit Part 3

180° GIRL

“Do we have a problem here?” Jin asked earnestly. The guy brushed off Jin’s grip and laughed.
“We were just playing around.” The guy with the blonde hair exclaimed, sleazily grinning at Chorim.
“Well, I suggest you play elsewhere.” Jin sternly warned them with a cold expression. Chorim gulped, worried an altercation would break out. I don’t want Jin to get hurt because of this…  
“And I suggest you mind your own business.” The blonde guy snarled into Jin’s ear before shoving him. Chorim flinched at the sight of the guy throwing a punch at the Jin but the other guys pulled him away in time and they all immediately left.
     ‘What the fxck are you doing? Let me go!’
    ‘Dude, you don’t want to get sued by his family…’
“Are you alright?” Jin asked, his face full of worry.
“Uh..yeah. I’m fine.” Chorim looked down to see Jin’s hands trembling uncontrollably. Embarrassed, he clenched his fists in an attempt to stop them from shaking. The truth was Jin was actually quite terrified. He had never gotten into a fight before and didn’t have a clue what he would do if they hadn’t left. Chorim reached out her hand and tightly held onto one of his.
“It’s awfully cold, isn’t it?” She smiled. Jin knew that it wasn’t. The night air was actually quite mild and calming.
“Looks like I’ll have to bring her home with me.” Chorim tightened hold her hold on Chi who was completely passed out.
“Alright, let me carry her for you.”
“NO!” Chorim snapped. Jin was caught off guard by her forward rejection. There’s no way you’re going near my place. She composed herself and shyly smiled back at him. “It’s alright. My place is really really close by. It’ll be too much trouble for you.” Jin burst into a warm laugh and gazed at her.
“What are you laughing at?” She asked.
“How come you’re always helping someone when I see you?” There was definitely more to her than he had initially suspected. Perhaps it was because she wasn’t part of the wealthy circle that he was stuck in but there was a certain charm to her that he couldn’t quite pinpoint yet. Sustained eye contact with Jin was enough to make Chorim become nervous and start stuttering. Suddenly, Jin’s phone rang. “Namjoon? Yes, I’m still on campus. No...What...Okay okay, fine...I’ll be there soon.”
‘Thank god.’ Chorim mouthed to herself. Jin hung up with an annoyed expression.
“Okay, I need to go pick up Namjoon. What’s your number?” Jin asked. Without a second thought, Chorim instantly recited her number to him as he tapped it on his phone. Is this a dream? I’m pretty sure I’ve dreamt of this moment before...
“I just called you so you have my number. Call me if something happens.” Jin said. All Chorim could manage was a nod with a goofy smile glued on her face to assure Jin before he jogged away. Oh my god...I have his number…! Chorim couldn’t help but let out a small squeal of joy. However, a rush of grief fell upon her as she thought about it a bit more.  He just called my phone...which I don’t have…because it was stolen… She had never wanted to facepalm herself so hard in her life.

Chorim had managed to make it outside of the campus but her legs were giving in to her supporting the weight of another person. Her feet started burning and aching from wearing 4 inch stiletto pumps the entire night. Chorim, you can do this.
Her ankle gave way in the next step she took and she came plummeting down to the ground with Chi crashing onto her as well. She checked the throbbing pain on her hand first which was mildly scraped and then her ankle which had been grazed against the concrete floor. She stood up and pulled Chi up with her. She knew something wasn’t right as soon as she took one step forward. I twisted my god damn ankle!
“I give up!” Chorim raged as she limped over to the nearest street bench and propped Chi and herself onto it. Chorim tried to gather her thoughts by focusing on the floor and blocking out all the noise and lights surrounding them. Suddenly disrupting her view of the ground was a pair of men’s shoes. I swear to fxcking god if it’s another sleazebag… Chorim angrily looked up and was pleasantly met with Taehyung’s fringe.
“Taehyung!” Chorim burst out, hugging Taehyung’s leg and exaggeratedly cried. She had never been so glad to see him.
“What are you doing here?”
“I...I’m just trying to…” Chorim dug her face into her palms, frustrated. What the fxck is up with this situation!?!? She took a deep breath and composed herself.
“Who’s she?”
“A classmate.” Chorim groaned as she dusted herself off. “I think her drink got spiked or something because she’s completely out of it.” Chorim explained as she stood up. “That or she’s extremely drunk. I was trying to get her back to my place at least but…” Chorim glanced down at her injured ankle and heavily sighed.
“Here.” Taehyung squatted down on the floor. Chorim stood there awkwardly, trying to figure out what he was getting at. “Put her on my back, I’ll carry her.” Chorim helped Chi onto Taehyung’s back, making sure she was secure.
Chorim whelped as she tried to walk and ended up limping behind him. Taehyung quickly glanced at her ankle and frowned.
“Why don’t you just swap shoes?”
“Huh?” Chorim looked at him, perplexed. “Are you sure you can wear my heels? They're pretty small...”
What? You idiot, I meant swap shoes with your friend.” Chorim’s eyes naturally moved toward Chi’s sneakers and then she chuckled out of embarrassment. It had been a long night.

~

Chorim limped over to her door and quickly unlocked it. Taehyung was only able to get a foot inside before Chorim frantically yelled out “Wait, wait, wait”' and cupped her hand over his eyes.
“What the hell are you doing?” Taehyung shouted, almost losing his balance.
“I know you can bloody see even through that hair of yours.”
“And why does that matter?” He growled impatiently.
It was dark but Chorim knew exactly how her place looked. The floor was covered in trash and dirty clothes. A mountain of dirty dishes had found home in the small kitchen sink. Hair extensions, accessories and make-up products were scattered everywhere as if a war had taken place inside. All in all, the place looked like the home of a beast, not a beauty. Taehyung gave in to Chorim’s stubbornness and let her lead him into her place with her hand over his eyes. Along the way, he was curious as to why he was stepping on so many things and moving stuff of the way with his feet as Chorim walked him over to her bed. Having a hard time navigating in the dark herself, Chorim extended one arm out and opened the curtain, letting the natural light of the bright moon in.
“Okay, you can leave her here.” They were at the edge of Chorim’s bed. Taehyung leaned back slightly to drop Chi off.
“She's not coming off.” Taehyung tried shaking her off once again but her arms were tightly embracing his neck. “Loosen her arms for me.” He cried out. Chorim didn't respond, reluctant to uncover his eyes. “I'll close my eyes, I'll close my eyes! I promise. Just get her off me.” Chorim hesitantly lowered her hand and quickly loosened Chi’s grip on Taehyung, enabling him to easily drop her off his back.

With his eyes still shut tight as promised, Taehyung took a small step forward but slipped on a stray dress on the floor and fell backwards onto the bed (fortunately right beside Chi, not on top of her). His long fringe was messily swept aside from the impact, revealing his full face without him noticing. Chorim stood still in silence, quite stunned at the clear sight of Taehyung's moonlit face. Wow… She didn't expect his face to be even more delicately handsome in person than it was in that one photo she had seen. She didn't even realise her eyes were glued on him until Taehyung's already big eyes widened in fear from the shock of suddenly being able to see Chorim staring right back at him. All in a matter of seconds, he swiftly put his long fringe into place as if he was ashamed and unintentionally whilst doing so, clumsily rolled off of the bed and crashed onto the floor. Chorim flinched from the painful sound but guiltily watched on as Taehyung slowly sat up groaning with his hand holding his forehead to hide his face and keep his fringe in place.

Um...what just happened?

 


A/N: Thanks for reading as always! ^^ 4th/final part will be out in the next fortnight so do look forward to it ~