Reading snapbacks

180° GIRL

“So tell me…” Taehyung abruptly ceased typing and looked over to the other side of the room, “what exactly are you doing here again?” Chorim looked up from the manga book she was reading and blinked innocently. She was comfortably sitting cross-legged near the bookshelf, wearing tracksuit pants and a jumper with her hair messily tied up in a bun and large fake glasses sitting on her nose to hide her horrid eyebags.  Chorim had long decided that trying to look perfect in front of someone like Taehyung, who had already seen through her transformation, was pointless and troublesome. He did live next door after all. She didn’t care what he thought but she had a feeling that Taehyung, being the grumpy and gloomy person that he was, didn’t care either.
“Um...reading?” Chorim replied sarcastically to what she thought was a stupid question.
“Yeah but why here? I told you, you can borrow them and read them at your own damn place.” Taehyung grumbled as he spun his chair around to face her. Chorim’s face twisted with annoyance. She had been almost there for two hours and only now did he have a problem with it.
“It’s warmer here.” She said as she casually returned to reading.
“Don’t you have a heater?” Taehyung questioned. Chorim gulped. She did have a heater but she was not going to openly admit she couldn’t be bothered clearing the pile of clothes and god-knows-what that was stacked on top of it.
“Nope.” Chorim succinctly replied to avoid further questioning. She heard Taehyung’s chair spin back around and he resumed typing. Chorim sneakily glanced up and watched Taehyung as he typed away furiously, hunched over his the laptop on his desk. She was amazed he could even see with all the hair that was covering his eyes.
“So what are you doing? You’ve been going at it for quite some time.”
“Just replying to my fa- “ Taehyung stopped mid-sentence as if he had bitten his tongue, and then awkwardly finished it with “replying to some people.”
“Okay then…” Chorim narrowed her eyes at him with fleeting suspicion and then returned to finishing the chapter she was on. Whatever.

~

“No way.” Namjoon said with a smirk. “Is that what happened?” He started cackling as Chorim slowly nodded in response. Namjoon had taken Chorim out for lunch during their long break at a high-end cafe and had just found out what actually happened on the night of the party.
“What’s so funny?” Chorim frowned as she watched on, confused.
“No, nothing. It just explains a lot. The dress... the bra…”
“Yeah about that…” Chorim smiled shyly at Namjoon. “Can I get them back?”  
“I got them thrown out.” Namjoon casually took a sip of his latte.
“You what!?” Chorim blurted out. She had to restrain herself from looking too devastated. Those branded items cost me a bloody fortune…
“Don’t worry, I’ll buy you new ones.” Namjoon leaned in, glanced down at Chorim’s chest and looked back up at her with a erted smirk on his face. “C-cup right?” Chorim glared at him and lifted up a book from the table, ready to whack him. Namjoon was quick to lift up his arm to shield himself and then playfully winked at her.
“So nothing else happened. You guys didn’t...?” Namjoon dragged the question out with a suspicious look in his eyes, his hands moving around in the air trying to imply something.
“Didn’t what?” The realisation came to Chorim only seconds later and her eyes widened. “No!” Chorim exclaimed in  shocked, “Is that what he thinks? I left right after I called you.” Nonononono… Namjoon didn’t reply and instead just started chuckling and shaking his head with amusement. Chorim dug her face into her hands and playfully groaned. “Fxcccckkkk…” She suddenly straightened up and looked directly at Namjoon who was eyeing her strangely. Did I just swear out loud? Yes, I did. Shxt.
“So you can swear, Chorim.” Namjoon grinned, fascinated by the discovery. Chorim shied away  and tucked her hair behind her ear, embarrassed.
“Sorry, it just came out because I’m worried about Seokjin...” Chorim looked out the window and sighed. No wonder he suddenly talked to me though...I thought I was finally getting somewhere, fxck my life...
“Eh, don’t even worry about it. You don’t even need to tell him. It’s fun for me to watch him being this flustered.” Namjoon drew his face closer and pretended to zip his lips up. “I’ll keep it a secret.” He whispered. Chorim rolled her eyes, clearly not very fond of the idea.
“No, I’ll definitely tell him when I see him next.” She quickly glanced at the time of her phone. It was only 2PM in the afternoon and she still had a class and a lecture to attend. And I most definitely will need to read some manga to relax tonight.

~

When the doorbell rang, Taehyung dropped his clothes onto the bed and went to open the door.
“Yo Tae.” Jimin greeted with his hand in the air and a cheeky grin on his face. Taehyung was taken aback by the sudden visit and frowned.
“You’re…” Taehyung quickly checked the clock on one of the walls, “really really early.” Taehyung said as Jimin gleefully headed inside. Park Jimin was Taehyung’s best friend from high school. In comparison to the gloomy looking Taehyung, Jimin had what seemed like a permanent grin on his face. His signature item which he wore almost all the time was his beloved snapbacks, starting from when they were in high school together.
“I came here to hurry you up.” Jimin said as he took off his snapback and casually laid down on top of the clothes on Taehyung’s bed as if he was in his own home.
“For what? You said we were meeting at 8PM.” Annoyed, Taehyung rolled Jimin over and took the clothes underneath out. “That’s still two hours away!”
“Warm-up game, warm-up game! Now hurry!” Jimin playfully rolled around on the bed. Taehyung glared at him.
Apart from being the fun and outgoing person he was, Jimin had one huge problem. He was a compulsive gamer. If you ever needed to find him, he was most likely at one of his favourite PC bangs in the neighbourhood because he practically lived there. His addiction had gotten worse ever since he moved out of home since his parents couldn’t monitor him anymore. Despite knowing it was detrimental to Jimin’s health in the long-run, joining him occasionally was the only way Taehyung could hang out with him because he never wanted to go anywhere else. Jimin continued to tap away and play games on his phone whilst Taehyung quickly put away the remainder of his clothes. He briefly went into another room and Jimin took that opportunity to unlock Taehyung’s phone, which was sitting on the bedside table, and took a selca.



He then grinned to himself, proud of his mischief, and set it as the wallpaper for both the lock screen and home page. Suddenly, the doorbell rang unexpectedly for the second time and Jimin could hear Taehyung groan out loud.
“Can you get that?” Taehyung called out. Jimin put down the phone and scrambled over to the door. Upon opening it, his eyes widened to the point they looked as if they were about to roll out of their sockets and drop onto the ground whilst his lips parted slightly in awe. He was overwhelmed by the overflowing charm of the girl standing just in front of him.
“Oh hello.” She said with the sweetest eye-smile he had ever seen. Keeping in mind, he spent the majority of his time locked up in the dark PC bang with a dozen of other males, too focused on a screen to pay attention to anything else. Jimin gulped, suddenly questioning his own ability to interact with another person in real life.

 



A/N: *chants* PARK JIMIN! PARK JIMIN! Glad to have Jimin out and about now as Taehyung's bestie! Ah, please look forward to the next chapter! Thank you for reading~! Really appreciate the subscriptions and comments so thank you my lovely lovely people. ♡〜٩(^▿^)۶〜♡