Moonlit Part 1

180° GIRL

Taehyung leaned forward on his bathroom sink and stared into the mirror. He slowly reached up to touch his fringe but then retracted his frail fingers. No, it’s okay.  He knew too well how long his fringe was but change seemed too uncomfortable for him. He quickly splashed water onto his face to wash it and got changed. He stepped out of the bathroom and observed his surroundings. Taehyung had never planned on having his quiet and secluded home life intruded by such colourful characters - his loud and moody high school friend and an obnoxious and strange neighbour.Jimin was sprawled out on a mattress on the floor  with his snapback on backwards, aggressively tapping and clicking away on his laptop playing a game. Chorim was comfortably lying on her back on the floor and holding up a manga book in the air with big headphones on. Ever since Jimin passed out at the PC bang, Taehyung strongly insisted he stay with him for a few days but then it became so frequent, Jimin became somewhat of an unofficial housemate. Chorim had become so comfortable that she was also treating his place like a second home, complaining that her place was ‘undergoing some changes’.

Chorim coincidentally glanced up at Taehyung standing and immediately sat up.
“Woaahhh…” She examined him from head to toe after sliding her headphones off. He had tied his long hair up and was wearing black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and a grey blazer. It was a bit different from his usual get-up of lame hoodies and tracksuits. She knew his hair was long but hadn’t realised it was long enough for him to tie up into a little ponytail which made him look a lot neater. However, his fringe was untouched, still hiding most of his face from the world.
“So you do have look other than ‘hobo’, nice.” She smirked. Jimin was seemingly done with his game (and looked like he had won as well from the way he was joyfully swinging his feet in the air) and looked up at Taehyung as well. He enthusiastically gave Taehyung two thumbs up with a big grin stuck on his face.
“Who’s the lucky girl?” Chorim asked with a raised brow. She was making a snide comment of course. She honestly didn't expect someone like him to be seeing anyone.
“Probably the pretty noona who's obsessed with him.” Jimin chuckled to himself. Chorim looked at Taehyung who seemed to understand their ‘inside joke’. Um...what…?
“I’ll most likely be back by the evening.” As soon as Taehyung realised what he had said, he found it absurd that he had to explain himself to these guys. Taehyung was already at the door and then he turned his head back. “Really? The two of you are just going to stay here like this? Even if I’m going out?”
Chorim and Jimin cried out “Yeeesss” simultaneously without even looking up from what they were doing. Taehyung sighed and walked out.
Not long after Taehyung left, Chorim suddenly perked up and waved her hand to get Jimin’s attention.

“Where's he going?
His workplace called him in for a meeting I think. It only happens sometimes.Well, that explains the outfit.

“What exactly does Taehyung do?”
“His job, you mean?” Jimin didn’t move his eyes away from the screen, “I can’t tell you. He likes to keep it a secret.” Chorim sat back, annoyed.
“What kind of job needs to be kept a secret?” She crossed her arms, deep in thought, “Is it illegal?” Chorim impatiently waited for a response from Jimin. Holy sh*t, is that why he always looks shifty…? With one head shake of denial from Jimin, Chorim was strangely overcome with disappointment.
“Ah, I almost forgot. My college is holding a festival tonight. Want to come?” She said, “It’s the last day.”
“Nah, I’m good. I don’t really like festivals.”
Chorim sighed, “I forgot to ask Mr. Grumpy. Well, it’s not like he would’ve gone anyway…” She glanced at the door, “seems like he has other plans.”

Later during the evening, Chorim popped by Taehyung’s place quickly before leaving for the festival. As she expected, Jimin was still on his laptop gaming, in the exact same position she had left him hours ago.
“Jimin...are you sure you didn’t want to come? It’ll be really fun!” Chorim chirped.
“Hrm, I wonder why there’s no Meokbang stream today…” Jimin mumbled to himself, absolutely engrossed on the screen.
“Jimin!” Chorim yelled out impatiently. He looked up with a dumb face as if it was the first time hearing her.
“Oh Chorim.” He rubbed his eyes and eyed Chorim again. She had perfectly styled her hair with loose curls and had made sure her make-up was flawless. Together with an expensive and flashy dress and branded heels, she would have easily passed for a model or minor celebrity. “Woah...scary.” Jimin said with awe. He had gotten so used to seeing Chorim with minimal makeup, messy hair and the fashion styling of a total home slob that her ‘usual’ public self, which he didn’t get to see very often, still seemed impressive.
“There’s a lot of cute girls I can introduce to you from my campus~” Chorim tried tempting him. Jimin briefly lifted his head and looked as if he was seriously considering it before returning his attention to the screen.
“Naaah. I’m like really close to leveling up. Thanks though.”
Fiinnneee… Chorim rolled her eyes and left.

~

“Are you drunk already?” Jin cried as he helped Namjoon stand up. Namjoon had slightly stumbled over whilst they were walking around.
“Jin, you can’t get drunk if you’re always drunk.” Namjoon confidently stated, confusing the heck out of Jin. “Drunk on love.” Namjoon whispered, with a huge grin on his face.  Jin just shook his head, almost ashamed of Namjoon. He didn’t really want to be at the festival but Namjoon had been nagging him the whole week. One would think that Namjoon wanted Jin to be there because every girl would just be dying to get their attention with no exceptions, even if Jin himself wasn’t  aware of it. Of course, that assumption would be partly correct but that wasn’t really important for the charismatic Namjoon who boasted quite the lady-killer reputation himself. He just wanted to get Jin out of the house. For someone who had the means to travel the world if he wanted to, Jin was awfully introverted and liked to spend time at home doing...well, Namjoon knew exactly what Jin liked doing at home. It was something he personally found a bit absurd but knowing Jin's fascination with it, there was no point in stopping him.

Jin was busy finding a spot to rest when Namjoon suddenly shook his arm away and walked off. "Namjoon!" Jin called out after him with his hands on his hips. He watched on as Namjoon confidently strolled towards a group of guys who looked like thugs. Jin looked around at a loss for words and then gave in and jogged after him.
Please don't start a fight, please don't start a fight...

 



A/N: Next chapter coming real soon. Thanks for reading! <3