Drunk rooftop Part 4

180° GIRL

“I think it’s that one over there.” Jin pointed to a two-storey apartment complex around the corner.
“Hrm, what a shabby looking place.” Namjoon expressed his disapproval as they approached the place, “It’s so small, how can they possibly hold a party?”

“I think you’ve got the wrong idea about parties.” Jin commented, knowing Namjoon was used to both attending and hosting only the most extravagant and excessive parties in Seoul.
“You mean, I’ve got the right idea. Anyway, are you sure you’ve got the right address? Why would Hoseok come a place like this?”
“We’ll just have to go and find out, won’t we?”
Jin was ready to walk into the driveway when he realised Namjoon was standing still, distracted by something.
“Are you coming?” Jin asked from afar. Namjoon shook his head and waved his hand, gesturing Jin to go on by himself. Why did I even bring him…?

~

“Really? I can meet MINT?” Jimin eagerly exclaimed at Nayeon's proposal. He then shyly turned away so she wouldn’t see him blushing and scratched the back of his neck, “Sorry, I don’t want to use her real name yet. It seems too intimate.” Nayeon laughed at his silly comment.
“I’m sure she’ll be stoked to meet a fan.”
“You think?” Jimin grinned, secretly egging himself on. He spotted a small spider crawling on Nayeon’s arm and pinched at it out of reflex. Nayeon let out a small yelp, not knowing what Jimin was doing, and unfortunately, they weren’t the only ones walking on the street.
“Hey, excuse me!”
Jimin stopped and turned around to meet eyes with Namjoon who towered over him.
“Miss, are you alright?Namjoon asked Nayeon who was too surprised to respond, Is this guy bothering you?”
“What? Why would you ask her that…?” Jimin protested, offended by Namjoon’s assumption, “I’m her friend so just keep moving along.”
“And I,” Namjoon turned his head and looked down at Jimin, “don’t remember talking to you.”
Jimin was irritated by Namjoon using his tall height to assert dominance over him. Realising the situation, Nayeon decided to intervene by grabbing onto Jimin’s arm.
“Sorry, there seems to be a misunderstanding. He’s my friend.”
Namjoon looked at Jimin with condescending eyes, “Really?”
Jimin gritted his teeth but kept his mouth shut even though Namjoon was getting on his nerves. He was particularly angry at himself for being pathetic and feeling intimidated by Namjoon who he could tell was someone who had money and liked to flaunt it.
“Yes,” Nayeon smiled at Namjoon to reassure him, “but thank you for your concern. It’s very kind of you.” Giving in to Nayeon’s words, Namjoon took out his wallet and gave her his business card.
“Here, it has my number on there. Call me if this guy does end up bothering you.” Namjoon said before shamelessly walking off without even acknowledgement his wrongdoing towards Jimin. He didn’t even return to the apartment where he knew Jin would be and instead, walked back to the car because he was creeped out by the old neighbourhood. Meanwhile, Nayeon was left to walk home with a moody Jimin who was brewing up a grudge against arrogant rich people with silver hair and navy suits.

~

 

Once he got to the top of the stairs, Jin got out the napkin from his pocket to check the unit number. He rang the bell and waited for a few seconds before knocking on the door with the back of his hand. It’s a bit quiet for a party...

“Hello?” He called out.

Inside Chorim’s apartment was one Jungkook stirring on the couch, irritated by the bothersome noise coming from outside. He had conveniently entered her place after leaving Hoseok behind and had been attempting to take a nap. Only when he heard a voice did he bother to lift his head up from the couch with a panicked expression. That sounds like…

“Hoseok? It’s me, Jin.”

Ahahahahahahahaha, no ing way. Jungkook quietly scrambled across the floor from the couch to the front window and peered through a small gap in the curtains. As soon as he confirmed it was indeed Kim Seokjin, he pushed himself away from the window with fear filling up every cell in his body. I DID NOT run away from Hoseok to just bump into Jin like this! !

Impatient, Jin got out his phone and went to the most recent received call. He hadn’t mentioned it to Namjoon at the time but he found it odd that Hoseok had called from Chorim's number. His thumb hovered above the number for a few seconds, contemplating whether or not to call ‘Chorim’ back, and then finally tapped on it. He waited for someone to pick up the phone but it was futile. Not even the combination of an annoying ringtone and the vibration of the phone in his jacket pocket could wake up Hoseok who was in a deep dreamy slumber. His legs were on the couch where Jungkook had left him but his upper body and face were planted on the floor of Yoongi’s apartment. Jin gave up on the call and then tried knocking on the door one last time. He heard some movement behind the door which was actually Jungkook accidentally stepping on rubbish on the ground. Jungkook froze up like a statue at the crackling sound underneath his foot and cursed Chorim in his head. Trash, there’s literally trash everywhere...why can’t she just live like a NORMAL person and….
“Hello? Is someone there?”
Okay...think Jungkook, think. If Jin is here just for Hoseok then that’s the fastest way to get him to leave with no dramas… Jungkook quietly cleared his throat and then pinched his nose.
“H-hello?” He said out loud in a nasally tone, knowing it was way off from sounding like a girl as soon as he spoke. Jungkook, you idiot, this was a terrible idea…
Jin furrowed his brows, suspicious of the strange sounding voice which seemed to have come out of nowhere.
“Hi, I’m Hoseok’s friend, Kim Seokjin. I’m here to pick him up.”

“He’s next door.”
“Sorry, which one?”

There was a long pause as Jungkook tried to figure out what Jin meant, “On the right.”

Still confused, Jin took a step back and looked at both of the apartments on the side of Chorim’s place. Surely, they mean my right.
 

Taehyung came down the stairs carrying Chorim on his back and saw someone standing in front of his apartment and knocking on the door.
“Can I help you?” Taehyung called out as he got to the bottom step. The person turned around and Taehyung could immediately recognise the person as Jin. Chorim’s Jin. Chorim’s perfect prince Jin. Chorim’s perfect broad-shouldered prince in which she would rather die than give him the address of where she lived because she thinks it would ruin her image...Jin. Taehyung was a bit stunned, unable to comprehend how or why on earth Jin was at the apartment out of allplaces. Jin’s default warm smile reminded Taehyung that whilst he knew almost everything about Jin from listening to Chorim, Jin probably did not even know his name. From just one look, Taehyung could tell why Chorim was so obsessed with Jin. Even as a guy, Taehyung had to admit Jin was unrealistically handsome like someone from a manga and he came across as a well-mannered and upright person. Add in his impressive family background and he really was the whole package or ‘perfect’ as Chorim would say.

“Sorry, I’m here to pick up my friend Hoseok. The person next door said he would be in this unit.” Jin said, pointing back to Chorim’s place. Taehyung’s expression was blank as he glanced at Chorim’s door, wondering who could possibly be inside her place when she was on his back. He then returned his attention Jin and was about to tell him to ‘go away’ but couldn’t find the courage to. It was rare for Taehyung to be intimidated by anyone but deep down, he knew he must have developed some sort of inferiority complex to the man Chorim poured her affection towards. He suddenly noticed Jin curiously peering over to take a better look at who was on his back and calmly bounced Chorim upwards so that her head would hang down over his shoulder, hoping more of her fringe would obscure her face.

“I’ll check for you.” Taehyung said as he punched in his passcode. He was certain Hoseok would not be inside but he knew he had to get Chorim away from Jin before she was found out. Without turning the lights on, he gently laid Chorim onto the couch and then rushed back outside.
“He’s not inside.” Taehyung bluntly told Jin with a straight face. Jin wasn’t pleased with the answer but knew there was nothing else he could do.
“Thank you for checking. Just to be sure, there was a party here right?”
“There was one up on the rooftop but everyone has gone home now though. I’m not sure where Hoseok went.”
“I see.” Jin sighed and was about to leave when he remembered something, “By the way, do you know if there was a girl named Chorim here tonight? Lee Chorim.”
Taehyung tensed up at as soon as he heard Jin’s query. Up until that point, he had assumed it was just an unfortunate coincidence that Jin happened to stumble across the apartment and didn’t know about Chorim. Now, it seemed more dangerous. He, himself, wasn’t particularly concerned whether or not Jin found out about the truth but he knew Chorim would be. Taehyung was desperately trying to decipher what the best response would be when the door to Yoongi’s apartment suddenly burst open and Hoseok came crawling out on the floor on all fours as if he was possessed.
“Hoseok!” Jin ran over to help Hoseok get up on his feet and then piggy-backed him.
“Jin-senpai...you really came...arigato...” Hoseok mumbled, “Quickly...they’re dying...my animals…”
Taehyung watched on quietly, hoping Jin would not pursue his question. A sense of relief overwhelmed him when Jin politely nodded at him, indicating that he would be on his way now that he had found Hoseok.

“Hoseok! You’re choking me!” Jin exclaimed as Hoseok tightened his arms around Jin’s neck. As soon as he reached the ground floor, Jin had to get Hoseok off his back to catch his breath from being suffocated. Hoseok was unable to sit up straight with his rocking head pulling his body from side to side.
“Jin-sama, we were so excited to see you~” Hoseok hiccuped.
We? Jin firmly held onto Hoseok’s shoulders and got him to stand up. It was going to be a challenge to get Hoseok to the car at this rate with only one person even though it wasn’t a very long walk but Jin still tried his best. They made it to about halfway when Hoseok shoved Jin aside and puked against a wall in the side of the street. As he was patiently waiting for Hoseok, Jin noticed someone jogging towards them from afar.
“Hoseok!”
Feeling like death, Hoseok lifted his head up slightly to see who was standing beside him and only managed to say ‘Jimin-ah…’ before turning his head away to resume puking.
“You’re a real party animal, Hoseok!” Jimin laughed at his friend’s expense whilst slapping Hoseok’s back.
“Hey, you’re Chorim’s friend right?” Jimin asked Jin who was caught off guard. He couldn’t recall ever seeing Jimin before but to be fair, their encounter involved a passed out ghostly pale Jimin with blood all over his face.
“I am. Have we met?”
“It was quite brief, I’m not surprised you don’t remember me.” Jimin then narrowed his eyes at Jin, “I know this might come across as a bit weird but you seem super familiar. It’s really bugging me.” Jimin stared intently at Jin’s face who had to awkwardly turn his head away, “You don’t happen to do live streaming or anything, right? Like I don’t know...gaming?”
Jin saw Hoseok was finally recovering on the side and quickly went to his side to drag him away.
“I think you’re mistaken.” Jin coldly said as he hurried away, absolutely avoiding the conversation. Jimin found Jin's behaviour a bit odd and continued to think about what he might have said or done to make Jin so sensitive all of a sudden.

~

Before he returned to Chorim’s side, he went into her apartment first, wary of the person who had supposedly spoken to Jin. Taehyung looked through all the rooms but couldn’t see anyone. The only thing that seemed out of place was the balcony door which was left wide open. He grumpily slid the door shut, certain that there had been an intruder in her place because Chorim had left the balcony door open like an idiot as usual. Taehyung was glad to see Chorim sleeping so peacefully on his couch when he returned. He carefully lifted her up with his arms wrapping around her shoulders and underneath her knee bend, and carried her over to his bed. With no control over her own body, Chorim sleepily swung her hand into Taehyung’s jaw as he was putting her down. He rolled his eyes back, thinking about what a handful she was even when she was meant to be passed out. He drew the blanket over her and was about to tuck her hand underneath when he felt Chorim’s grip tighten on his hand.
“Mmm...Jin…” Chorim rolled over with a stupidly happy smile of her face. Even though he was disheartened, Taehyung still held onto Chorim’s hand and gazed at her.
“Wrong name, Lee Chorim.

 



A/N:  (๑꒪▿꒪)* The aftermath of this one night is going to be real messy.
*cough* omfghoseokyouaresofckingscrewed *cough*

Also here is a selca of Yoongi to make up for the fact that he was the only one not in this chapter.