Shower surprises

180° GIRL

“A to the G to the U to the STD
I’m D boy because I’m from D
I’m a freak lunatic on the beat
I rap and y’all get by my tongue technology”*

Yoongi adjusted his right earbud which was falling out and cracked his neck as well. Even though it was early in the afternoon, he was on his way back from the liquor store with a 6-pack of beer and a few bottles of soju in a bag. He spotted a girl waiting at a corner near the crossing, poking her head out as if she was anticipating something or waiting for someone. She withdrew, checked herself in the front camera of her phone and made sure her fringe was in place. He wasn’t really paying attention to anything else other than how nice her figure looked from behind but he was surprised to see the guy she was waiting for. Yoongi watched on with amusement as the girl pretended she just happened to be at the corner and greeted the guy who had a face mask on with a look of surprise as if it was pure coincidence that they met. Hah, who would have thought?

~

Taehyung had both of his hands tucked away in his pockets and was slouched over as usual whilst he walked along the street. With his messy hair and face mask on, it wasn’t a surprise that the old ladies he passed would look back and shake their heads with disapproval. He didn’t notice them though. He was too focused on thinking about what to buy from the market. In a complete daze, he stopped at the crossing but didn’t notice Nayeon was standing beside him until she waved her hand in front of him.
“Oh hi there!” Nayeon beamed at him. As usual, he greeted her with a slight nod. The red light turned green and they walked forward side by side.
“Are you heading to the market as well?” Nayeon asked.
Taehyung pulled down his face mask and nodded, “Yeah.” Nayeon didn’t seem too bothered by how reserved Taehyung was, which was something he found others weren’t fond of, and she was content with small talk as they walked down the street together.

Jimin walked up the stairs, escaping the dungeon on the PC bang, and stretched his arms out whilst basking in the sunlight. He was in a very good mood, having won several games in a row online. He yawned, feeling the lack of sleep catch up to him, and turned his head just in time to see Taehyung walking beside a girl. That’s not Chorim… Jimin rubbed his eyes to clear his vision and as soon as he saw who the girl was, he bolted towards them at the speed of light. Taehyung did spot Jimin ahead of him and had a hand raised in the air ready for a wave but was confused as to why Jimin was running towards them with such a desperate look on his face. Jimin’s snapback even flew off his head but that wasn’t enough to stop him. He was huffing and puffing by the time he reached them and took a few seconds to recover.
“N-N-NA-NAYEON! IM NAYEON!” Jimin managed to yell out despite still catching his breath. Nayeon shyly greeted him with a cute but worried smile. Taehyung knew Jimin wasn’t the type to greet strangers so eagerly and Jimin was practically losing his sh*t in front of them.
“PEACH! You’re PEACH, right?” Jimin exclaimed, unable to contain the joy pouring out of his eyes as he stared at her with admiration. Nayeon glanced at the confused Taehyung and then back at Jimin.
“I didn’t think anyone would recognise me around here…” Nayeon said with a slight blush across her cheeks.
“I’M A HUGE FAN!” Jimin respectfully held his hand out and looked like he was about to pass out as soon as Nayeon lightly shook it. Jimin saw the weirded out look on Taehyung’s face and quickly pulled him aside in a chokehold, leaving Nayeon behind them.
“Tae, why are you with Nayeon? Are you guys friends!?” Jimin grilled Taehyung. It wasn’t easy for Taehyung to consider someone a friend but even though he wanted to say ‘not really’, he didn’t want to seem rude to Nayeon who was just standing right behind them and probably listening in on their conversation.
“Well, we do know each other...” Taehyung replied reluctantly, scared of the consequences since Jimin was acting so strange. Jimin bit his knuckle and discreetly looked back at Nayeon who was trying to distract herself by looking at her phone.
“Invite her over tonight.” Jimin whispered in a demanding tone whilst squeezing Taehyung’s hand.  
“What? No... Why the hell would I invite - “
“TAEHYUNG! THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!” Jimin turned around whilst laughing outrageously.
“Miss Nayeon, we happen to be holding a small house party tonight at our place, would you like to join us?” Jimin exclaimed, blocking out the piercing glare coming from Taehyung. It wasn’t that Taehyung had a problem with Jimin inviting people over but it was moreso the fact that Taehyung knew he was the one who was going to end up dealing with stupidly drunk people.
“I mean, I’d love to. Only if you guys don’t mind, of course.” Nayeon looked at both of them with her big eyes, clearly keen on attending this party. Jimin chuckled and wrapped his arm around Taehyung's shoulder,
“Don't be ridiculous. You're a very welcome guest.”

And so, Taehyung’s trip to the market was cut short because Jimin was adamant they had to go home to get ready for this impromptu house party. Nayeon's identity was still a mystery to Taehyung who had no idea what she was famous for and why Jimin seemed so crazy about her. Once they were back at the apartment block, Jimin sped up the stairs and knocked on Chorim’s door.
“Chorim!” Impatient, he knocked a second time and the door swung open unexpectedly with Chorim’s head popping out through the small gap.
“Chimchim, what’s up?” She said with an anxious and shaky smile. Jimin found it a bit weird that she was wiping her wet hands on her jeans.
“Chorim, listen. We’re going to have a party tonight and you have to be there, okay?” Jimin said enthusiastically. Being one of his closest female friends, he had to invite her in order to prevent the party from becoming an absolute sausage fest which would no doubt scare Nayeon away. He thought he heard another voice come from inside Chorim's apartment and tried to look past her.
“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Chorim burst into sudden laughter which terrified the unsuspecting Jimin. Her fake laughter immediately died down.
“Yep, I'll be there.” She bluntly answered and gave Jimin the thumbs up before withdrawing her arm and slamming the door shut in his face. Jimin looked over to Taehyung who was watching the whole time and they both shared a look of concern for Chorim who was acting a bit stranger than usual.

~

Chorim came home from class absolutely exhausted and ungracefully kicked the door shut behind her as she entered. She chucked her bag across the room and impatiently took off her jewellery, coat and shoes. She jumped, planted her face against the pillow on her bed and let out a long agonizing groan to release her dying soul. It had been a long morning of trying to act like the perfect student on campus and she was sick and tired of it. Chorim abruptly turned her head and concentrated on the sound of the shower running in the bathroom. What…? She immediately got off the bed and walked over to the bathroom as quietly as possible. The door squeaked quietly as she pushed it open and from the silhouette behind the shower curtains, it was clear that someone was using the shower. Chorim quite bravely slid the shower curtains across and screamed when she saw Jungkook, who let out a high pitched cry and pulled the curtains back to cover himself. He accidentally slipped backwards into the bathtub, dragging the whole shower curtain down with him, but was quick to crawl out of the bathtub in a horror-movie-like whilst Chorim bolted out of the bathroom in absolute shock.

Jungkook walked out of the bathroom with a small towel around his waist shortly after, only to see Chorim hiding behind the couch and pointing her finger at the balcony.
“GET OUT!” Chorim raged with a fierce stare.
“Christ woman, calm down.” Jungkook said, holding the back of his aching head.
“CALM DOWN!? WHY THE ARE YOU USING MY SHOWER WHEN I’M NOT EVEN AT HOME?” Chorim shouted in dismay. Usually, at this point, Chorim would already be dragging Jungkook out by the ear or even hair but considering he was still dripping wet and wearing only a towel, she did not want to go near him.
“Wait, so I can only use it when you’re at home? That’s a bit…” Jungkook averted his eyes, suddenly treating Chorim like some sort of *rted woman.
“What? NO!”
“Your shampoo smelt nicer than Yoongi’s.” Jungkook casually ran a hand through his wet hair to reveal his forehead and dark eyebrows, not the least bit troubled by the situation.
“My..sham...what is wrong with you?” Chorim grinded her teeth to keep her anger under control, “Leave. NOW!”  
“Alright, alright, I’m leaving.” Jungkook rolled his eyes and raised his hands in the air as if he was being held up and walked towards the front door. Chorim then spread her arms out and blocked his pathway.
“No, not the front door.” She lifted her chin to the balcony behind him.
“What the ? Why do I have to go through the balcony?”
“Well, I’m not going to have a teen boy walk out of my apartment in broad bloody daylight, am I!?” Chorim exclaimed. It was scary how quick Jungkook’s expression changed. He confidently took a step forward towards Chorim who was desperately trying not to look at the broad bare chest being shoved in her face.
“Oh yeah, that would be troublesome for you, wouldn’t it?” Jungkook said with a sinister smile. Before Chorim could think through how to go about beating up the slippery boy in her apartment, there was a knock on the door which completely disorientated her train of thought. Chorim’s heart was about to jump out of her chest at the sound of Jimin’s voice calling out her name and she shoved Jungkook back into the living room.
“Stay right there and don’t you dare even breathe!” She harshly whispered to Jungkook before making an Olympic worthy dash towards the door, almost slipping on the water on the floor. Jungkook scoffed at her warning and went back into the bathroom to dig around for another towel.
“Nuna!” Jungkook impatiently called out after having no luck. Chorim suddenly erupted into loud laughter to drown out Jungkook’s voice and the sound of the door slamming shut followed after. She initially returned fuming mad at Jungkook’s intentional mischief but had to cover her eyes with her hand after being reminded that he was just standing around with a towel that barely covered anything.
“Can you please just put on some clothes already!?” She yelled out, waving her other hand in the air.
“Yeah, can I borrow some? All of my clothes got wet.”
Chorim knew he wasn’t even kidding and dragged her hand down her face out of frustration. What did I ever do to deserve this?

There was then another heart-stopping knock on the front door.

~

“So…mind explaining why we are suddenly holding this party?” Taehyung said, disgruntled.
“Taehyung, it’s Nayeon. NAYEON!” Jimin exclaimed, already on his laptop making a group event on Facebook.
“Yes I know her name is Nayeon but who is she?” Taehyung asked, getting increasingly frustrated at Jimin’s lack of clarification after many attempts. Jimin stopped typing and sighed out loud. He should have expected Taehyung to be clueless in regards to this stuff.
“How can you not know who she is? She’s one of the most famous cosplayers in South Korea!”
“Cos...player?”
“Yeesss, cosplayer. Hold on, let me show you some photos.” Jimin did a quick search in one of the gaming forums he frequented and walked over to Taehyung with the laptop in his arms.



Jimin pointed out Nayeon in one of the group photos and turned to Taehyung, “Her stage name is PEACH. She’s part of TWYCE, one of the top cosplaying groups in the world. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS!?”
Jimin was exasperated at this point, unable to comprehend how Taehyung was so oblivious to the entire world of cosplaying. It was quite a surprise since Taehyung did like to game in his spare time and read a fair amount of manga.
“Okay, I get that she might be 'famous' but I still don't understand why we have to - ” Taehyung was cut off by Jimin who firmly grasped onto his shoulder in an almost threatening manner. “Tae, if I can befriend Nayeon, I have the chance to befriend all of TWYCE which also means the love of my life, MINT. Please do not take this away from me.” Jimin said with a sparkle of desperation in his eye. Taehyung was about to argue back but couldn't find the energy to. I don't even know which one MINT is... Despite being annoyed at the whole situation, Taehyung gave in to Jimin's nonsense plea and went into the kitchen to prepare for the party.

~


“Who the …” Chorim cursed under her breath and stormed back to the door without even bothering with Jungkook anymore.
“HOSEOK! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?” Jungkook heard Chorim exclaim out loud with a nervous laugh. The name immediately caught Jungkook’s attention and he suddenly became very alert. Hoseok...? Surely not. Anxious, Jungkook shuffled across the room quietly, with water dripping off of his hair and body onto the floor, and peered just over the edge of the wall in order to see who Chorim was talking to. He had trouble seeing a face because the door’s gap was too narrow so he poked his head out for a better look. Godammit Chorim, move your big head!
“Oh, I’m just going to hang out with Jimin for a bit but I thought I’d stop by your place first.” Hoseok chirped at Chorim.
“Aaahh, I see, I see. Just head over to Jimin’s, I’ll join you guys in a sec.” Chorim grinned with the corners of mouth shaking. Pleeeaaasseee go away. She thought she was safe until Hoseok placed his hand on the door and held it open.
“Hold on a second…” He forced his way through and entered inside.

 



* 'Agust D' translation credit to Jeonilysm