Inner beast

180° GIRL

Outfit, still on point.
Makeup, still perfect.
Hair, still flawless.

Chorim grinned at her reflection in the window and looked back up around the train. She was heading back from a late night out with friends. Her eyes met with a cute brunette standing on the other end of the carriage of the train. He nervously looked back at his phone but due to his impatience, she caught him looking up again to catch a glimpse of her. She smiled shyly and looked out of the window. She was used to this sort of attention and she had to be careful to keep up this angelic and lady-like image that she had created for herself. Well, only up until she was at home.

~

As soon as she opened the door to her apartment, she stumbled inside in a rush to kick off her heels across the room and slammed the door behind her. Finally. It was time to unleash her inner beast, her true self. Chorim threw her bag down and attempted to make her way through the garbage scattered on the floor. She immediately took her contact lenses out and popped on her glasses. They were the kind that were too big and clunky for her face but they were good nonetheless. Chorim then escaped the cage of her tight fitting dress and slipped into her fluffed out tracksuit pants, a worn out t-shirt and an oversized hoodie. This was it. Absolute comfort. She then made her way to the fridge and sculled the milk down from the bottle with some trickling down the side of her jaw and neck. Satisfied, she wiped off the milk and crashed into her couch and dragged her hand across the coffee table in a desperate attempt to find the remote. Her hand slid over used and sticky plastic cups, month old takeaway food boxes and dirty scrunched up tissues and finally, they met with the remote. She didn’t intend on watching the TV but rather, she just liked to have noise in the background. Not long after, she fell into a deep slumber.

~

Her nose twisted at the grotesque smell in the air, forcing her to wake up and look for the culprit. She eyed an isolated bag in the corner of the kitchen which she knew had been there for at least a month. She looked at the time. 1:00AM. She lazily rubbed her eyes and got up to take the bag out by the tip of her fingers whilst her other hand pinched her nose up. It smelt like a mixture of rotten eggs and fish up close, making her gag. She jumped at the sight of her reflection as she passed the mirror on the way. Her makeup had been smudged all over her face. I better be quick...but I probably won’t bump into anyone at this time. It was quiet and breezy outside. She yawned and swung the trash bag into the dumpster and was about to head off when her phone vibrated in her pocket. She gasped at the photo on the screen. She had been tagged in a photo from the night on Facebook by one of her many ‘friends’. This bxtch… It was a very unflattering photo of Chorim but of course, her friend looked flawless in it. Chorim was used to girls like this. They made friends based on people's appearances and in the case of someone like Chorim, who was rather popular, they were awfully envious...and two-faced.
“Ugh, I fxcking hate these bxtches.” She yelled with disbelief. “I wish I was still there so I could tear their shxtty clothes apart.” She muttered to herself.
Chorim held up a piece of cardboard that was on the ground and started viciously ripping it apart before throwing it into the recycling bin. A small piece bounced outwards and landed on the floor.
“GO-EAT-SHXT!” She raged as she angrily stomped on the small cardboard piece.
“Um, excuse me…” A deep voice called out from behind her. Chorim gulped and slowly turned around. She then saw what seemed like a human figure standing still before her except the head was covered and there was no face to be seen. The figure then stepped forward and a hand reached out to her causing chills to run up her spine.
“Aarrgghhhh!” Chorim screeched as she reflexively punched the figure’s 'head' and aggressively shoved it aside and ran as quickly as her body was capable of up the stairs without looking back. Once she reached her apartment, she slammed the door behind her and held her phone up with her trembling hands. Police, police, police… Her fingers hovered above the number pad. What if it wasn’t even a person? Then I’ll be fined for misusing the police… Her eyebrows knotted together in frustration. She looked at her hands and recalled the sensations on them. But I definitely pushed something aside though. She shook her head and headed towards the balcony of her apartment and leaned over cautiously. Noone or nothing was there. Ah, Chorim you’ve gone mad.

~Next Morning~

Chorim had been up for at least an hour the next morning. She had a strict (and incredibly time-consuming) routine to follow in order to keep up her image.

1. Shower in the morning.
2. Blowdry and straighten or curl her hair depending on the day.
3. Extensively applying her make-up which also involved sticking on double-eyelid tape, gluing on fake eyelashes and popping in circle lenses.
She had made sure that she never left the vicinity of the apartment complex without having make-up on. Chorim stood by the mirror and prettily spun around, checking out her peach coloured dress for the day. She narrowed her eyes and brought her face right up to the mirror to re-adjust her fake eyelashes and suddenly the doorbell rang, followed by exactly three knocks, which meant it could have only been one person – Jungha, the landlord. The landlord was a motherly type woman who looked after her tenants well and treated Chorim as if she were her own daughter.  
“Chorim?” Jungha called out with her frail voice.
“Yes, coming!” Chorim did a final check on her makeup and headed towards the door to greet her.
“Ah, Chorim! Come out, come out. Oh my, you look so pretty. You’re always so pretty.” Jungha heartily laughed whilst ushering Chorim outside.
“Good morning. What brings you here?”
“Good morning, good morning. Look, my nephew moved in next door last night but I didn’t want to bother you so I just wanted to introduce you this morning. Come now, say hi, say hi.”
Chorim turned to bow at her new neighbour and then looked up to see him. Or at least, whatever part of his face she could see. She was at a loss for words at first and her eyes scanned him from his bottom of his deteriorating sneakers to the top of his shaggy head of hair. He was definitely a considerably tall and slender guy but he chose to wear daggy tracksuit pants and a worn-out hoodie to hide it. But that wasn’t the most striking part of him. It was his hair, or more specifically, the long fringe which covered the majority of his already seemingly small head. Only when she looked carefully could she see through the cracks of his fringe and even then his eyes were not looking back at her directly. She wasn’t sure if he was shy or just weird.
“Oh, I’m Chorim.” She said confidently, extending out her hand for a handshake.
“Taehyung. Nice to meet you...again.” He said in a deep voice that was peculiarly familiar to Chorim. He reached for Chorim’s hand but only shook the tip of her slender fingers before retracting.
“Again? Have you guys met before?” Jungha questioned, full of curiosity.
“Yeah, we have.”
“Have we?” Chorim nervously laughed. She would have surely remembered meeting someone like him right?
“Yeah, at the bins last night.” He turned his head towards her and a small smile grew on his face. It quickly disappeared as soon as he noticed Chorim staring intently at him. She stood there silently, processing his words carefully and then the delayed realization slapped her in the face as she gasped and remembered what must have been their encounter last night.
“Ah…maybe we have.” Chorim forced a smile in front of the landlord, playing the anxiety off. “Well it’s nice to meet you. I hope we can be good neighbours.” Chorim lied through the gaps of her teeth.
“Well, I have to get going now.” Jungha exclaimed. “Taehyung, if you need anything, I’m sure Chorim will be able to help you out.” She smiled and then patted him on his back before heading down the stairs.
As soon as she was out of sight, Chorim turned to Taehyung and started glaring at him with suspicion as a million thoughts invaded her mind:
Fxck. He saw me last night? Well shxt, that means he saw what I actually look like.  He does seem like the quiet type though... I have to find out more about this guy. Maybe he didn’t even ‘see’ me. I could say I live with someone else, wait that’s stupid...okay, okay...
Chorim hid behind her security door and excessively cleared . As soon as her lips parted to say something, he walked into his own apartment and slammed the door behind him, rendering Chorim utterly speechless.

WHAT. THE FXCK.

 



A/N: It's out yay! Gah, I hope it's an okay start for now. ><" But regardless, thank you for reading! I'll be back shortly I promise. (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤