House of Cards Part 1

180° GIRL

As soon as Jin finished parking the car, Chorim sneakily checked herself out in the rear-view mirror to make sure not a single thing was out of place. Eyebrows - perfect, eyes - bright, lips - bold, teeth - no lipstick stains, hair - effortlessly wavy... Jin opened the car door in a gentlemanly manner for Chorim who tried her best to elegantly get out.
“Thank you for the ride.” She said, tucking a strand of her long hair behind her ear. She had to be aware of everything -  every expression, every alluring gaze, every gesture.
“Don’t mention it. I would’ve called to ask if you needed a ride anyway.” Jin said. Oh really now?
They walked beside each other down the street to the club and whilst Jin seemed calm and collected about it, Chorim was anxious and kept glancing at him from the side. She indulged in the sight of his suave fitting navy suit, showing off his broad back and shoulders, and his perfectly styled brown hair. Then again, he could wear a trash bag and he would still be hot.

Up ahead at the entrance to the club was none other than Dasom and her rowdy clique. Even from far away, Chorim could tell it was Dasom from the way she wore her glamorous red dress which was sure to be a scene stealer. She was relieved to see Dasom and her group enter first. She didn’t want to imagine what sort of scene it would be if Dasom had spotted her arriving at the party with the beloved Kim Seokjin. The nightclub was called House of Cards and Namjoon made his way towards them in his light gray suit and grabbed Jin by the shoulders quite enthusiastically as soon as they arrived inside. “Jin!” Namjoon exclaimed. He was about to say something else but  noticed Chorim standing right beside Jin.
“Choriimmm! You’re here!” Namjoon squeezed Chorim with a hug. “Did you guys come together?” Namjoon joked around, giving Jin a long hard wink. Chorim shyly waved her hands up in the air in denial.
“No, he just happened to be driving past…” She started mumbling.
“You could say that.” Jin answered quite straightforwardly with a slight smile, causing Namjoon to glance between Jin and Chorim with an amused grin.
“Chorim, I’m just going to steal Jin for a moment okay?” Namjoon patted Chorim on her shoulder before desperately pulling Jin away. Chorim nodded too late and found herself left to fend for herself in the mess that was the crowded House of Cards. With a thorough scan, Chorim realised that whilst she recognised a lot of faces because everyone was from the same faculty, she didn’t have many close friends. I wish Taehyung and Jimin were here… Chorim sighed out loud. Well, more like I wish I was with them eating chicken… A lot of keen people, both girls and guys, started approaching her, introducing themselves as her juniors and asking her to take care of them. She was the famous campus angel after all. Even though she wasn’t in the mood, Chorim still had the same angelic smile the whole time, sweetly talking to them, charming them with every word and gesture. Ugh, I just want to go home. When she had escaped the suffocating crowd, she spotted Namjoon and Jin standing together, stuck in an intense conversation. Namjoon seemed to be getting more and more excited as he talked whilst Jin appeared to be growing more annoyed as their conversation continued. Curiosity got the better of her and she stealthily hid herself in a dark corner where they couldn’t see her and intently eavesdropped on their conversation.
“So anyway, I found out her name is Ryu Hyojin and she’s in the same faculty as us.” Namjoon reported. Jin pulled his head back away from Namjoon who was way too excited. Ryu Hyojin? Chorim tried to match a face to the name but failed.
“So what now?”
“Well I’ve invited the whole faculty so hopefully she comes tonight.” Namjoon keenly nudged Jin on the side. “Keep an eye out for me, yeah?”
“THIS IS WHY YOU THREW A PARTY!?” Jin shouted. Chorim automatically rolled her eyes. Both Jin and Chorim knew this should be no surprise. This was Kim Namjoon they were talking about, the man who would go through great lengths to get what he wants (because he can afford to). Jin leaned in closer to Namjoon and angrily whispered, “Are you crazy!?”
“No, this is a flawless plan.” Namjoon gave Jin the thumbs off which irritated him even more.
“You know I had a…” Jin looked around and tightened his grip on Namjoon’s arm. “I had to cancel tonight for this!” What? Chorim recalled their conversation in the car. Didn’t he say he had nothing planned? What did he have to cancel? Chorim leaned in closer to listen.
“Jin, it’s only one night. I’m sure people won’t die.” Namjoon shook Jin’s hand off and slung his arms across Jin’s shoulders. “And now it’s a waiting game.”
“Chorim.” Jin called her name out. Sh*t! Chorim revealed herself from the corner but pretended to be surprised. Before she could say anything, Jin left Namjoon’s side in a hurry and escorted her elsewhere as if they were escaping from him.

Chorim wasn’t sure if it was just her imagination but it seemed Jin wanted to keep her by his side during the night. Whenever she wandered off to get drinks and was caught in a conversation with someone, he would suddenly join in which wasn’t his usual style. From what she knew, he seemed to dislike events like this as someone who liked to keep to himself most of the time. It was understandable though. Everyone wanted to talk to Jin, they wanted to get closer to him and enter his ‘circle’ of acknowledgement. Note, not friends, just acknowledgment was considered an achievement. People usually came to Jin, not the other way around. It was fast approaching midnight and Jin unexpectedly pulled Chorim aside to a quiet area.
“Hey, do you want to leave this place with me?” Jin asked with firm gaze. Chorim’s mind went into overdrive, absolutely overwhelmed by his simple suggestion. Even such a simple question sounded so heart fluttering when it came from Jin.
“Yeah...sure.” Chorim said, trying her best to appear calm, “Will Namjoon mind?”
Jin looked over to Namjoon who had his eyes glued to the entrance, keenly waiting for the girl named Hyojin.
“Trust me, he won’t even notice.” Jin unexpectedly took her hand and led her out through the back entrance.

~


They had made their way to a street on the side of where the club was, away from the chaos. Chorim was still overanalysing everything that was happening and stayed relatively quiet. Isn't this sort of romantic? I mean out of everyone inside, he personally asked me. Oh my god, what should I do? Jin stretched his arms out and took a deep breath of fresh cold air. “It’s much better out here isn’t it?” Jin said.
“It really is. To be quite honest, I don’t really enjoy going to clubs that much.” She confessed to him. Although it did fit with the angelic and innocent image she had made for herself, the reason was much more simple. At all times, she would rather be at home, on her bed in comfy PJs, spending her time endlessly wasting her time on YouTube and dramas. She wasn’t revealing that of course.

“Same here.” A cute smile made its way onto Jin’s face which was too much for Chorim to handle up close. Heart, stay calm.
Chorim unknowingly had her hand on her stomach as if it would magically stop it from growling out loud. She had had a few drinks on an empty stomach and the effects were starting to kick in. Her limbs felt more weak and fragile than usual and she couldn’t handle even a slight breeze well. All of a sudden, Jin took off his suit jacket and put it over her shoulders. Chorim was going to say she was fine but Jin told her to wait for him before disappearing around the corner.

 



A/N: Next chapter will be up in the same week so stay tuned! As always, thank you to all the lovely people reading!