Energetic morning

180° GIRL

Chorim barely got a wink of sleep in because she spent the remaining hours of the night replaying the whole night’s events in slow motion, right up to the moment of the kiss. She could hardly remember what happened after it. The bus came, they got on and sat beside each other in comfortable silence. She must have fallen asleep at some point because all of a sudden, she was in her bed. How did she even get home? Did Taehyung carry her home? The lingering sensation of her hugging his neck and feeling his warmth was too strong for that not to have been the case.

After taking a sluggishly long time to get out of bed, Chorim went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She smiled the whole time and couldn’t help but laugh to herself like a fool. She was just stupidly happy for obvious reasons. It actually happened, hah? With a toothbrush still hanging out of , she rested her forehead against the mirror. What now? What do I do when I see him? And with that, thoughts started generating like a domino effect in her head. There were a lot of things she wanted to say to him but it somehow felt like she had to come to terms with it herself first. It had all just kind of happened. She started muttering to herself whilst she slowly got ready and became increasingly agitated with herself. For once, she didn’t bother put up a fake front to please anyone else but herself and yet she still wondered if it had been the right thing to do.
“Chi, you’re an adult woman! Take responsibility for your own actions!” She exclaimed after slapping the sides of her cheeks with strong resolve. Her mind automatically replayed the moment she pulled in Taehyung’s face for the millionth time. She held her warm cheeks and muttered to herself shyly, “Even if your actions involve kissing your neighbour.”

After changing into a clean pair of tracksuits, Chorim went over to Taehyung’s apartment, determined to confront him and talk things out. She didn’t understand it herself but she felt like it had to be done as soon as possible. She was just bursting to confess her feelings. Chorim already had her fingers on the handle of Taehyung’s apartment door but still managed to hesitate. Crap, what should I say? Before she could run away, she put in the code for the lock and pushed the door open. She wasn’t quite sure what she was expecting. Taehyung wouldn’t have just been standing there, waiting for her with open arms and a cheesy smile on his face. It was just Jimin on the couch in his boxers and a T-shirt, sitting with a game controller in his hands.
“Geez! Have you heard of knocking?” Jimin relaxed upon seeing Chorim at the door, “What if I’m not dressed one day?”
“It wouldn’t be an impressive sight anyway.” Chorim jeered, “Where’s Taehyung?”
“Not here Ma’am.” Jimin turned the volume down on the TV and walked over to the door since it didn’t seem like Chorim was going to come in.
“What? He’s not at home?” Chorim exclaimed, feeling offended for some reason. Where could he possibly need to go so early in the morning? Is he avoiding me?
“Yeah, he left just before. He was acting weird all morning…” Jimin paused and stared Chorim down, narrowing his eyes with suspicion before leaning in to examine her, “Did you do something to him?”
“What? No?” Chorim scrunched her face, barely getting through the urge to stutter through her lies.
“Hmmm…did you need him for something then?” He playfully reached out and took out the hair rolls that Chorim had forgotten were still in her fringe and chuckled with amusement. Classic Chorim.
“It was nothing. I’ll stop by later.”
“If you say so...hey, since you’re here, do you know where Kookie is?”
“Jungkook?” Chorim paused for a second, “I saw him last night?” She immediately got annoyed at the brat’s echoing taunt inside her head, ‘Glowing. Radiant. You know, that glow girls get when they are in luuuuuuurrrrrrrvvveeee…’  
“Hrm, weird. I tried contacting him all night and this morning too but I can’t get through to him.”
“It’s only been one night. Maybe he’s trying to go off radar again.”
“Yeah, maybe. I don’t know, it just feels a bit weird this time.”


~

Namjoon carefully examined his minor facial injuries in the mirror, brushing gently across his skin with his long fingers. My poor handsome face… He grimaced at the bruising around his eye and the bandage on his eyebrow and cheek. And why does the back of my head hurt so damn much? Just as he was about to call Hoseok, the man himself burst through the front door with Mickey in his arms.
“Namjoon! Morning!” Hoseok beamed with the morning’s brightest smile. He let Mickey down onto the ground and shut the front door behind him. The small pup ignored Namjoon and went straight to his small dog bed in the corner of the living room to rest. 
“Morning.” Namjoon grumbled and fell into the couch. His body was aching all over and it hurt to move around.
“How are your injuries? Do we need to go get them properly checked?”
“No.” Namjoon waved his hand in the air.
Hoseok stuck his head out besides Namjoon’s from behind and grinned, “Are you suuuuure?” Like a kid who couldn’t resist, he poked one of Namjoon’s bruises and then backed away as fast as he could, anticipating Namjoon's violent outburst.
“Don’t touch me, a**hole.” Namjoon growled, “Just tell me what happened last night.”
Hoseok tried his best to keep a straight face on. He had prepared all morning, practicing in front of Mickey, for this very situation. “You fell down a couple of stairs and got knocked out so I took you back to my place…”
Namjoon looked at his idiotic friend with a deadpan expression, “So you’re telling me...I fell down a couple of stairs…”
“Yes…”
“And got what looks like bruises from being punched…”
“...yeeeesssss…”
“On my face.”
Hoseok anxiously pursed his lips, “Yes.”
“Fxck’s sake, Hoseok, at least try to make up a better lie next time.”
“Yes...wait, what?” Hoseok shrunk back and gulped. Does he remember...that I…?
“I’m not an idiot, man. I remember exactly what happened last night. It’s not like I drank anything heavy.” Namjoon’s expression darkened, “That blonde thug. I’m going to make his life a living fxcking hell.” For a second, Hoseok was relieved that Namjoon hadn’t really remembered everything otherwise he would have to explain why he bashed his own friend over the head with a bag of flour...even if it was an accident.
“Yeah, let’s not do that.” Hoseok sheepishly laughed, “Forget about it. We got the bike back.” He knew both Namjoon and Yoongi were violent sociopaths and going head to head would not end well for either of them. It took a while for Namjoon to process what Hoseok had just said but once he did, he sat up from the couch in an instant.
“We did!?”
“Yeah...k-kinda…”

Hoseok had actually spotted the bike on the side of the road when he was taking Namjoon home with Chorim and Taehyung in the car. Of course, he had to arrange for someone else to pick it up. It was in a much less than desired condition, all wrangled up, looking like it was hit and run over by a car. Namjoon frowned at the photo Hoseok was showing him. The bike was now a piece of black metal junk beyond repair. Even though he wasn’t saying anything, Hoseok could tell that Namjoon was genuinely upset that it had turned out like this. Breaking through the silence was a message tone coming from Hoseok’s phone. Curious, he took a look and could not believe what Jin had just sent through.
“Namjoon…” Hoseok chuckled with disbelief, “it looks like Jin found something even more interesting last night…”
Namjoon raised a brow at Hoseok’s peculiar statement and glanced at the photo on the phone screen. He couldn’t disagree with Hoseok on this one - Jin had indeed found something rather interesting.



~

Taehyung idly stared at the selection of energy drinks in front of him. He definitely needed a booster of some sort to could get through the day without collapsing into a tired mess. He was exhausted both physically and mentally and didn't think it was going to end anytime soon. Not until he saw her again at least. Shouldn’t I just go talk to her? Why do I feel so anxious about it? He was slowly sliding the fridge door open when Yoongi came out of no where and slammed the door shut, unknowingly snapping Taehyung out of his trance. It was just like Taehyung to be so easily consumed by his inner thoughts. He probably would have walked out of the store without knowing Yoongi was even there.
“Lover-boy, buy this for me. I forgot my wallet.” Yoongi waved the six pack of beer in the air.
“Should you even be drinking?” Taehyung asked, eyeing the bruising on Yoongi’s face.
“I should drinking because I’m like this. To drown out the pain.”
“I’m pretty sure that’s what pain-killers are for.” Taehyung made his way around Yoongi and opened the fridge to get his energy drinks.
“You took that arrogant b*stard home last night, right? Is he dead?”
Taehyung looked at Yoongi, his eyes widened with shock, “Did you just..are you concerned about him?”
Yoongi had never felt so disgusted and offended before in his life, “What the fxck, no? I’m asking because if he did die, I’d be charged for murder, you fxking idiot.” Taehyung stared blankly, disappointed but not surprised. In the moment, Yoongi nudged Taehyung on the side as Chorim walked past the front of the store.
“YO CHO - !”
Without even thinking, Taehyung’s hand covered Yoongi’s mouth in a flash and pulled him down so that they couldn’t be seen behind the aisle. But that was going to be a deadly mistake because that was simply not a move you pull on Min Yoongi. Taehyung was elbowed in the stomach so hard by Yoongi that he ended up crouching on the floor anyway in immense pain.
“Dude, what the fxck…” Yoongi scowled, still startled. He had always seen Taehyung as a sloth - annoyingly passive, boring and slow, not capable of quick movements.
Chorim had heard his voice from outside of the store and walked back to the entrance to greet him, “Yoongi! Fresh bruises as usual.”
“Shut the fxck up, Chorim.” Yoongi sneered back at her. 
“I’m not kidding. It gives your pale a** face like,” Chorim fanned her own face, “some nice colour.” She smirked at irritated Yoongi was, “Anyway, have you seen Taehyung this morning?”
“Taehyung?” Yoongi narrowed his eyes at her, followed by a prolonged pause. He had definitely seen Taehyung. In fact, Taehyung was right next to him, squatting on the floor, dead frozen like a statue. It was hard to tell but he could definitely feel some weird pressure coming from Taehyung even though he couldn’t directly look at the guy. Only an idiot would not be able to read the situation.
“No, haven't seen him since last night.”
“Ah,” Chorim couldn’t hide the disappointment in her voice, “no worries.”
“Ugh,” Yoongi glowered at her, “can’t you guys just get together and make out or something already? I’m sick and tired of - FXCK!!!”
Yoongi abruptly yelped out in pain and shakily leaned against the shelf. He shot a deathly glare at Taehyung who had just punched him in the groin with his fist.
“Um...you alright?” Chorim voiced her concern to Yoongi who had pain written all over his face. Were his injuries that bad?
Keep calm, Yoongi, keep calm…do it for the beer... “Yeah,” he cleared his voice, “I’m fine.”
“Okay...well, I’ll see you later…”
Taehyung had barely gotten up half way after he heard Chorim’s footsteps when Yoongi suddenly kicked him over. Whether it was done aggressively on purpose or not would be debatable but before Taehyung could get even a word out, he was paralysed by the return of Chorim’s voice. He had never been so scared to hear her voice before.
“Oh by the way, do you know where Jungkook is? Jimin is looking for him.”

“Why the fxck would I know where the brat is?” Yoongi snapped. What am I, his guardian?
“Alright, alright, geez. Sorry for asking.”
Even though he was sure that Chorim was walking away this time, Taehyung was determined to stay crouched down but he was momentarily pulled up by Yoongi.
“I don't know what is going on but you’re fxcking lucky I’m feeling extra nice today.” Yoongi shoved the pack of beer into Taehyung’s arms and headed towards the exit, “I’ll wait outside.”

~

Next day - 3AM
Bzzzz bzzzz.

The sound of his phone vibrating on the floor woke Jimin up from his sudden nap. Mmm... Even though the lights in the living room was off, his laptop was still running on the coffee table so he must have fallen asleep without realising it. He rubbed his eyes and quickly adjusted them to the brightness of the screen.

Notification
JEIANT live has just started!

What time is it? 3AM? Why's he streaming at this time? Curious, Jimin opened up the app and was met with a pitch black screen. Although faint, there were sounds of someone clicking around on a mouse and typing on a keyboard in the background. There were only a couple of hundred people watching, compared to the usual thousands during scheduled streaming hours, and the comments were full of people confused about the sudden broadcast. Maybe it's a glitch? Jimin was about to close the app when the person streaming popped up on the screen, illuminated by lighting from what must have been the laptop or desktop screen. Jimin squinted his eyes and before he could pull his phone in for a better look, the broadcasting ended abruptly. Am I imagining things? Wasn't that Jungkook?

~


Bonus:

That same morning
Jimin intently watched Taehyung go into the kitchen to start making some toast for breakfast. He had never in his many years of knowing Taehyung seen the guy be as smiley in the morning as he was right now...making toast. What the in the world’s fxckery…? It became almost mesmerising to watch Taehyung float across to the other end of the kitchen to grab some utensils with the same satisfied smirk on his face and it absolutely irked Jimin. This wasn’t the doom and gloom morning Taehyung that he knew. Doom and gloom morning Taehyung would have his moodiest resting b*tch face on even if the birds were to start singing in falsetto with a double rainbow in the sky. It’s like his face is...glowing?
“Taehyung.” Jimin immediately regretted calling out to his friend as soon as he saw Taehyung’s expression drop.
“What?”
“Nah, nothing. It was just getting too creepy for me.” Jimin returned to eating his cereal on the couch.
“What was?”
It was such a typical Jimin move to not respond that Taehyung didn’t push further and grabbed his plate of toast and joined Jimin on the couch without knowing that his friend would spend the next few minutes stealing glances from the side in a state of confusion. After having seen enough, Jimin stealthily grabbed his phone out and turned to his side so that Taehyung wouldn’t see.

Jimin: dude i think tae is broken
Sungjae: ???
Sungjae: wtf do you mean hes broken
Jimin: hes too happy right now
Jimin: its scaring me TT

 



A/N: Apologies for the hiatus, took me that long to get over the kiss in the last chapter (jokes). More to come.
Thanks for reading as always~ (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) See you all soon.