Moonlit Part 4

180° GIRL

“Yah! You said you wouldn't open your eyes!” Chorim angrily lunged at him and covered his head with the cardigan that was in her hand. With Taehyung blinded, she pulled him up and dragged him all the way to the front door. She then pushed him out of the house and took the cardigan back.
“Are you trying to kill me?” Taehyung raged as he fixed his hair.
“Yes! I will talk to you later!” Chorim yelled and shut the door in his face.

Chorim took a deep breath before flicking the lights on and marveled at the sight of the pigsty that was her place. She remembered the expression Taehyung had had, eyes staring back at her as if she was about to eat him alive. What’s the big deal anyway? She leaned over to pick up a frying pan off the floor and heard Chi groan as she tried to turn over. Chorim clumsily stumbled over to Chi’s side to make sure she wasn’t going to vomit. Chi was still quite out of it but was now able to move around and mumble a bit. In the silence, Chorim could hear a loud vibration nearby. It turned out to be Chi’s phone in the pocket of her jacket.
15 missed calls. 10 Messages. Well damn.
Most of them from someone named Sungjoo. Coincidentally, as Chorim was trying to figure out Chi’s passcode, the person named Sungjoo rang the phone and in a panic, she swiped across to answer it.
Hello? Chi?” The male voice cried out.
“No, this is her friend Chorim. Um...”
Oh. Can I speak to Chi? Is she alright?”
“Well you see…” Chorim glanced over at the semi-unconscious Chi on her bed, “I don’t know what happened but she’s actually passed out at the moment. But I was able to bring her back to my place so she’s safe.”
Passed out!?” From his tone, Chorim could tell he was quite worried. “Is it alright if I come by to pick her up and bring her back to her place?” Chorim was a bit tongue-tied. How do I know I can trust him? I mean the missed calls are from him but what if he’s someone who’s actually dangerous...
Chorim watched as Chi tried to roll over on the bed and uttered very quietly “Sung...joo…
“Yeah sure. My address is....”

~

NEW MESSAGE FROM Unknown contact
Hey, it’s Jin. Did you and Chi get home safely?

The guy ignored the message and playfully threw the phone up and down in the air, contemplating on what to do with it. I could probably sell it off for a pretty good price… He stopped to examine it and wiped his thumb over the squeaky clean screen. But it’s in really good condition...and it’s a new model too… A smirk crept across his face. I could use a new phone myself… He tapped in the passcode that he had gotten from sneakily watching the girl from afar before. On his first try, the phone was unlocked. Too fxcking easy! He triumphantly dug through her contact list and messages first. Nothing interesting...The girl was pretty cute...I wonder if there are any good photos… He tapped into her photo gallery and scrolled through. The first couple of photos were typical selcas….boring...then a few photos of food...and then another set of selcas...which were slightly different from the first bunch. His face scrunched up as he examined them closely. Is this her ugly sister or something?

~

As Chorim was piling up the trash on the floor, there was a sudden knock on the door. About time. Chorim peeked out of the window and saw a tall and dashingly handsome guy waiting at the door.



UUUUMMMMM, HOTTIE ALERT!!! Chorim quickly checked her current state and gasped at her hideous reflection in the mirror. HEEEEEEEE! I LOOK LIKE SHXT.  She knew all the smudged makeup and her misplaced eyelashes must’ve been from all the intense face-palming she had done all night and she hadn’t even bothered checking since she was at home. Chorim started to panic when Sungjoo knocked the door one more time. “Coming!” She yelled out whilst frantically pulling the hoodie over her head and popping on a face mask and a random pair of sunglasses. As she stumbled towards the door, she tripped over a pile of books and fell to the ground. Chorim was rushed by the sound of the knocking and in the spur of the moment, she crawled over to the door and opened it. Startled, Sungjoo took a step back and looked incredulously at the sight of Chorim unfurling herself before him as she got off the floor and straightened up.
“Are you...Chorim?” Sungjoo’s eyes suspiciously scanned her from head to toe. He looked at his phone and then inconspicuously checked the unit number.  “Sorry I...might have the wrong...place.” He said as he avoided eye contact with the awfully suspicious looking Chorim in her disguise. He was definitely at the right place.
“Wait, wait, wait.” Chorim insisted, her voice a bit muffled from her face mask. Sungjoo pulled his arm back from Chorim who was reaching out for his elbow.
“You’re here to pick up the girl right?” Taehyung calmly interjected as he popped his head out from behind his own door. He had heard the commotion and decided to join in.
“I am…”
“She’s inside.” Taehyung pointed into the Chorim’s place. Sungjoo hesitantly looked Chorim and then back at Taehyung.
“Don’t worry about her, she’s just mildly insane.” Taehyung casually said and pushed her face back with his hand.
“She’s inside, she’s inside. Please, go get her.” Chorim desperately waved Sungjoo into her apartment and then practically pushed him forward. She then lowered her mask and mouthed ‘Do you want to die?’ to Taehyung who just gave her a devious grin.

Sungjoo came out with Chi steadily on his back and apologised to Chorim for not listening to her the first time.

“Don't worry, I would have done the same thing.” Taehyung said, knowing very well that Chorim was glaring at him.
“Are you sure you’ll be alright? I can book a taxi for you.” Chorim asked Sungjoo.
“I’ll be fine. Our place is not too far from here.” Chorim tilted her head to the side. 'Our place?'
Sungjoo headed down the stairs and when he reached ground level, he waved at them with one hand. “Thank you once again, I’ll be sure to let Chi know what happened.” Chorim and Taehyung watched as he left down the street.
“You can remove your stupid disguise now. The poor guy was terrified.” Taehyung scowled. “Also, why didn't you didn’t lunge at him like a madwoman and cover his eyes when he went inside, huh?”
“He doesn’t know me. Besides, it’s not like he’ll ever come back here.”
Chorim was painfully reminded of her swollen ankle when she tried to turn her foot. Caught off guard, she stumbled sideways but was promptly caught by Taehyung’s arms. He squatted on the ground and pulled the side of her tracksuit pants up to check the swelling. It had gotten worse ever since they had gotten home. Taehyung pulled her hand and led her into his place. Without resisting, she limped behind him. He sat her down on a chair and got out a first aid kit from a cupboard.
“Maybe,” Taehyung sternly said as he started firmly wrapping Chorim’s ankle up, “you should stop wearing heels that are as high as Mt Hallasan.” Chorim was close to protesting but restrained herself. It had been a busy night and she wanted to enjoy the homely silence...and cleanness of Taehyung’s own place. She started flailing her arms and legs around.
“Will you stay still…?” Taehyung grumbled, holding onto her foot. A wave of uneasiness overcame Chorim as she stared at her foot.
“Ah fxck.” Chorim cussed under her breath.
“What is it this time?” Taehyung questioned indifferently. She sighed heavily.
“Chi still had my expensive branded heels on.” Chorim dug her face into her palms and groaned. Taehyung wanted to think she was joking, but she was not.

~


HOW...TO...TRACK...STOLEN...PHONE

The cursor blinked besides the words Chorim had just typed into Google. She tapped ENTER on her keyboard and scrolled around. She was getting more anxious, not about the phone itself, but the content that was inside. Whenever she was bored, she liked taking selcas even with a bare face and made funny (borderline scary) expressions when she was extra bored. She usually did a good job with deleting them soon after but she knew there were still some recent ones on her phone that she hadn’t bothered removing. If those photos get out… She shook the nightmarish thought out of her head.

A new file has been successfully uploaded to your cloud.

Ha, that’s...weird? Then it hit Chorim. All photos taken with her phone’s camera were automatically synced up to her cloud drive. The idiot d-bag who stole my phone probably doesn’t realise it… She quickly opened the folder of camera uploads and opened the ‘new file’ which was, as expected, a photo. It wasn't just any photo, it was a selca.

She was looking at the axxhole who stole her phone.



 



A/N: Oh boy, it's the end of the mini arc! I hope you enjoyed it. (✿◠‿◠) Do look forward to Min Yoongi's entrance! Thank you as always for reading, especially to those who have been around for a while ~ Please let me know what you are thinking thus far down in the comments! Also, if you haven't already, do subscribe to follow the journey of Chorim and the troublemakers! I'll be back soon, bye! ╰( ・ ᗜ ・ )╯