Elitist cockroach

180° GIRL

Chorim lightly slapped her face to liven up and stared into the mirror. The new semester of the new year starts today... She knew she had been careless over the semester break but she was going to make sure she would not slip up since she was coming into contact with everyone for the new semester at S university. This meant she would be meeting Kim Seokjin again, and often too. She was determined to make this the year that love would be on her side. On her way out, she saw Taehyung on the ground floor squatting as he played with and fed the neighbourhood puppy that roamed around occasionally. He didn’t seem to notice her as she made her way down the stairs. Does he go to S university as well…?  Chorim snapped out of it.  I don’t care. I. do. not. care.  She ignored him and haughtily strutted past him.


~

Chorim was waiting around on a bench for class to start when her ears perked up to an eruption of squeals and noise from across the courtyard. She knew who it was. You’d think it was an idol passing by but no, it was just Kim Seokjin. Chorim watched as Jin and his small posse of other elitist students walked towards the centre and then stopped to talk amongst themselves. The squeals must have been from the first years who were seeing Jin in the flesh for the first time. You couldn’t blame them - he was pretty impressive to look at. The group was often regarded as the elitists of the campus. Some earned their status with their academics and wealth like Jin but others, on wealth and family background alone. Chorim, whilst not considered part of the elite, was also popular in her own right, being deemed as one of the prettiest and most charming girls on campus. Well, we all know how false that image is but she had made sure not even some of her closest friends knew about the real her. Unlike the rich students, she bonded well with everyone from the common people to the elite.

Chorim straightened up as she saw Namjoon break away from the group to head towards her with Seokjin coolly trailing behind with his hands in his pocket. Jin looked his part as a quiet academic with his light blue collared shirt, navy cashmere sweater and tan coloured pants whilst Namjoon, renowned as being quite the fashionista, rocked a black and white theme with black tight jeans, leather shoes and blazer and a pure white turtleneck shirt. You just knew that they were both wearing branded, high-end clothing. This was just a reminder that to Chorim that it was crucial she did not slip up. She had to be perfect in every way, even if she was not as wealthy, in order to keep up with the likes of them. She had managed to catch the attention of Namjoon who was a er for 'natural' beauties and they had become good friends since the start of first year. She was not going to let her effort go to waste.
“Well, if it isn’t Chorim, my campus’ angel.” Namjoon smoothly slid next to Chorim and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “How have you been?”
“Morning Namjoon.” Chorim smiled, calmly brushing his arm off. Namjoon being Jin’s best friend was considered unusual to some as he was notorious for being quite the playboy, having a bit of a wild streak and not caring that much about anything. But that aside, he was a carefree and fun guy to talk to and despite flaunting his wealth and family background, he never got out of his way to make the lives of others miserable, which was more than you could say for the other rich kids.  
“Oh, not too bad. And yourself?” Chorim replied.
“Not as good as I could have been," Chorim waited for it, "because you weren’t by my side.” Namjoon winked at her. She was used to his philandering remarks and coolly ignored him.
“And how about you Seokjin?” Chorim asked with a warm smile.
“I’ve been well.” Jin replied with an expression of disinterest. Chorim struggled not to let her smile falter. It had been hard enough for her to get him to acknowledge her during their first year and yet even becoming friends seemed too difficult, forget about becoming his girlfriend.
“So I’m having a party this weekend. Be sure to come yeah?” Namjoon exclaimed.
“A party? For what?”
“The beginning of semester, what else?” He grinned. Oh, of course.  “I’ll send you the address later, I haven’t decided which house I want to hold it at.”
As Chorim and Namjoon were busy chatting away, with Jin just quietly listening to them on the side, Dasom joined in from behind and obnoxiously asked “Who are you guys talking to?”. At the sight of Chorim, she exaggeratedly rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed. “Oh…” Dasom was, well, if Chorim was the ‘angel’ of their campus, Dasom would be considered the ‘self-proclaimed queen’. She was famous for her alluring looks as a rising model, but was even more well known because of her mother, who was a famous fashion designer. Unlike Namjoon however, her personality was rotten. Her outside appearance was definitely attractive but her personality was rather questionable. She only hung out with those she considered worthy of her time and Chorim was not of those people.

“Good to see you again Dasom.” Chorim lied.
“Right back at you.” Dasom forced an obviously fake smile and immediately returned to her y resting face as she addressed the guys.
“Come on guys, let’s go…” She linked her arms with Jin first, who seemed rather indifferent, and then with Namjoon, forcing him to stand up.
“Send me your timetable later, okay?” Namjoon grinned at Chorim as he was pulled away by the bratty Dasom.
It’s only the first day and I already want to kill her.

~

Namjoon: so girls be sure to bring yo cute bikinis ㅋㅋㅋ
Namjoon:

A pool party? Chorim groaned and threw her head back on the couch. Namjoon had just sent through the details of the party for the upcoming weekend though Kakao (with the attachment of his famous daily selca albeit a creepy one).
Who on earth throws parties to celebrate the beginning of the semester!? She knew the answer to that, of course. Rich people with too much time and money on their hands. It wasn’t that she was not keen to go, because she definitely was, knowing Jin was going to be there, but it came with the expectation of keeping up her appearance. Chorim was a natural slob and being at home was safe and comforting to her. She put her phone on the table and continued to paint her toenails. When she finished the big toe, she put her hands down on the couch and playfully wriggled her toes around. All of a sudden, something ticklish seemed to be crawling up her fingers, slowly making its way up her hand. She turned her head to be greeted with a baby cockroach and its twitching antennas, staring right back at her. Now believe it or not, Chorim was actually pretty good with insects and spiders but she could not, absolutely not, handle cockroaches. She frantically leapt off the couch and shook her hand to get the cockroach off with the hairs on her entire body standing on end. To make matters worse, another cockroach started climbing out of a corner of the couch which forced Chorim to squeal and run like a madman straight for the door, stomping on the trash that was in the way. She frantically closed the door shut as soon as she made it outside and guarded against it whilst catching her breath. As fear trickled through her body, she didn’t even realise she had knocked Taehyung over with the door onto the ground on her way out. Only when she heard him did she realise what had happened.
“Ugghhh…” Taehyung moaned in pain as he struggled to sit up.
“Holy shxt, are you alright?” She said, a tad exasperated, as she tried to help him up. Instead, she was brushed off and Taehyung got up on his own with his left hand grasping onto his right wrist. Without saying a word, he went back into his own place.

Sor-sorry.  

~

Chorim was deep in thought as she walked along the street. She had gone to buy cockroach house traps and was on her way home. Well, it’s not like I meant it. He could have at least said he was fine or something. Chorim frowned with dissatisfaction as she turned the corner. Yes, okay Chorim, it’s the right thing to do. I’ll go apologise. Of course, Chorim had an ulterior motive. She knew Taehyung knew (or more like, had seen) too much about her so she didn’t want to piss him off either.

~

Chorim rang the doorbell and patiently waited for Taehyung. To her surprise, he did so quite promptly but he didn't open the outer security door.
“I brought beer! Let’s drink, you and I.” Chorim beamed, waiting for him to welcome her inside. She knew beer was the solution to all misunderstandings...well at least, for people her age of course. She didn’t even know how old Taehyung was but it didn’t matter to her.
“I don’t drink.” Taehyung said before closing the door on Chorim. Her arms hung by her sides, beer packs in the hands, and she stood there, irritated. Okaaayyy… She rolled her eyes, annoyed by the waste of her effort to go buy beer. Twenty minutes later, Chorim was back in front of Taehyung’s door and started ringing his doorbell again. This time, Taehyung opened his security door, albeit reluctantly, and directly faced Chorim who sneakily hid something behind her back. He was a bit suspicious as to why she was being so chummy all of a sudden.
“What?” He snapped.
“Well, since you don’t drink…” Chorim enthusiastically held out a box of Korean fried chicken doused in sweet chilli sauce and said, “I brought food instead!” No one can refuse fried chicken...
“I’m not hungry – ” Coincidently denying his words was the echoing of his empty stomach as it growled viciously.
Chorim smirked, knowing she had gotten him. She also noticed that his right hand was lightly wrapped up in bandage as well. Taehyung clenched his teeth at the temptation but without giving in, he tried to close the door. Chorim slid her hand in at the last second and forcefully grabbed the edge of the door. Taehyung was taken aback  by her strength which rivalled his as she forced the door open just enough so she could creepily stick her head in and hold out the box of fried chicken closer to him.

“Come…on…” Her lovely smile did not match the irritation that came across in her eyes as she intently stared at him. With Chorim showing no sign of giving up, Taehyung regretfully backed down first and just walked back into his house. Chuffed with her effort, Chorim welcomed herself inside, excited to dig into the fried chicken. Oh, and to apologise too.

 



A/N: Hahahaha editing what is that, really wanted to get this chapter out just because. Yay, Jin and Namjoon now in the picture so let's get the ball rolling... (character photos are upated ^^). I wonder who will be next to join the picture... I know it's a slow-ish start but I'll pick up the pace soon I promise. Thank you for reading and stay tuned. (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑