Hell's kitchen

180° GIRL

Jin’s apartment was exactly where Chorim would have expected it to be. It was in a famous high-end apartment complex where famous public figures and celebrities resided. Chorim didn’t know it herself but Jin had actually used a back route to get into the building to avoid the paparazzi that were permanently camped outside of the main entrance, ready to capture the next big headline. Jin, being who he was, was considered a person of interest in the media and even dating rumours would stir quite a bit of attention from the public. It was a bit awkward between the two when they were in the elevator going up to Jin’s floor, mainly because Chorim was internally freaking out and couldn’t concentrate on making conversation with Jin. When they arrived, Jin used his fingerprint to unlock the front door and welcomed Chorim in. Chorim was stunned by the interior design and how spacious and well-maintained the place was. Hey, my place would look this neat if I had a housekeeper…



“Sorry about the mess.” Jin said as he rushed over to the couch to fix an undone blanket and then grabbed the empty glass on the coffee table and popped it into the sink in the kitchen.
‘Mess’ he says. Wow.
“Um, please make yourself comfortable, I’ll be right back.” Jin briefly went upstairs as Chorim sat on the couch and continued to look at his place in awe. This place is probably, no, it’s definitely bigger than Taehyung’s, Yoongi’s and my place combined. Chorim quickly took out her phone from her clutch.

~

Chorim: this is an emergency
Chorim: i repeat this is an emergency

Taehyung: ???
Chorim: whoops
Chorim: wrong person


Taehyung scrunched his face up at the weird message from Chorim and placed his phone back onto the table.

~

Chorim: Seulgi
Chorim: You will not ing believe where i am rn
Seulgi: where
Chorim: jins place JINS PLACE
Seulgi:
Seulgi:
b*tch i thought you said you were going out for dinner
Chorim: there was a sudden change in plans!
Seulgi: girl
Seulgi: you about to get lucky tonight ㅋㅋㅋ

Chorim was in the middle of replying when Jin came back down from the stairs, changed into a loose striped long-sleeved shirt. She quickly tucked her phone under her thigh.
“Sorry, I hope you don’t mind. I can only cook if I’m comfortable.”
“Oh, it’s absolutely fine.” You can be shirtless for all I care. Actually, that would be dangerous if you’re near flames. “Please be comfortable.”
“Any requests for dinner?” He said as he rolled up his sleeves to his elbows and put on a black apron.
“Surprise me.” Chorim sweetly smiled at him which made him chuckle.
“Alright. Please feel free to watch some TV. It won’t be too long.” Jin, trust me, I’d rather just watch you.
Chorim only managed to watch the TV for about 5 minutes and even then, her eyes kept glancing at Jin who was diligently preparing everything in the open-space kitchen. She put on a music radio channel and turned the volume down before going over to the kitchen counter, which doubled as a table, and sat on the edge. Chorim swung her legs like a giddy child as she admired the view of Jin’s broad back from behind. Holy , I can’t believe I’m actually here… This view is to die for… If only he would...



“What are you staring at?” Jin’s words burst her bubble and she realised he was facing her with a huge grin on his face.
“Oh, I was...I was wondering if I can help with anything.” She beamed at him, feeling her life shorten by a few years from shock.
“Hmmmm,” Jin stood still with his hands on his hips as if he was seriously think about it, “Ah, I know.”
“What is it?” Chorim asked, actually a bit worried he was going to ask her to chop something up. Her knife skills were actually quite poor for someone who lived by herself.
“Just sit there and keep me company.” Jin smiled at the sight of Chorim’s disappointed pout which was her attempt to be charmingly cute. “I didn’t mean to offend you. I just cook better by myself.”
Chorim watched Jin skilfully slicing through the prawns and scallops. Oh my god, is there anything he can’t do? They talked about various things as Jin was busy cooking, ranging from what dishes Chorim would have recommend if they had gone to the seafood restaurant to why Jin named his dog Jjangu. They were having an enjoyable time until Jin’s pan burst into flames right in front of Chorim and scared the sh*t out of her.



He frantically put a lid over the flame to extinguish it immediately and looked at the panicked Chorim, incredibly embarrassed.
“That was supposed to happen.” Jin said with a guilty smile on his face.
“Of course it was.” Chorim nervously laughed and moved herself away from where the stove was.

Chorim was already salivating when Jin placed the finished dishes onto the table and sat on the other side. Jin had made two servings of seafood pasta with prawns, scallops and fettucine. It looks AH-MAZING! Chorim tried to contain her excitement as she prepared her first spoonful. Alright, here we go. Chorim took her first bite and then chewed, ready for the wonderful flavours of almighty Jin’s specially prepared food to hit her.

This is…

disgusting...

Chorim tried to keep a straight face despite having the urge to gag and spit the food back out onto the plate. It was an atrocious concoction of the wrong flavours and textures which didn’t even seem possible. Wait, it can’t be though...Chorim strained her eyes to watch Jin take the first bite of his food. He seemed to be normal and even quite satisfied with it. No, it’s gotta be me then right? Chorim forced another spoonful into and chewed it slowly. She immediately sculled down water to get rid of the taste in . Nope, the food is definitely awful. How is he eating it!?
“How is it?” Jin slowed down his chewing and looked at Chorim with a lot of anticipation. Sh*t, what do I say? I have to lie right?
“It’s delicious! I have never tasted anything quite like it.” Chorim smiled, hoping Jin wouldn’t see through her bullsh*t. She technically wasn’t lying. She really had never tasted anything as awful as Jin’s cooking.
“That’s good. I was worried since it’s my first time cooking for a girl.” He tried to hide his smile with his hand and bashfully looked away from her. It was moments like these that made Chorim grateful for the chance to see how warm and fluffy he was as a person behind his initial cold exterior. Gah, he’s so cute. She stared at the plate of food right in front of her and gulped. Well, I can’t not eat it… Chorim did her best to eat as much as she could, trying out different methods to see which one made the experience less terrifying.
“By the way, did you hear from Hoseok? He was attacked in an alleyway the other day.” Jin said as he twirled the fettucine up with his fork.
“No but that is awful! Is he alright?” Chorim said. Chorim, stay cool, okay? Stay cool, they could not have possibly found out.
“He’s fine. He was helped by a kind stranger who was passing by.” Jin responded, carefully watching her from his end. She didn't know he was testing her.
“Oh thank goodness. I’m sure he’ll tell me all about it the next time I see him.” Chorim tried to remain calm as she took a bite of the prawn and avoided eye contact with him just in case he was able to tell she was lying from her rapid eye movements. Jin had an amused and knowing smile on his face as he leaned his chin on the palm of his hand and watched Chorim eat.

Chorim painfully swallowed her last spoonful just as Jin was finishing up as well. He leaned over to grab her plate and brought it over to the sink.
“Are you busy? Otherwise, let’s watch a movie. You can choose one whilst I wash the dishes.” Jin said as he put on his apron again and ran the water. Movie. Together. At Jin’s place. At night. Chorim’s wild and erted imagination was promptly interrupted by a piercing pain in her stomach. It must have been upset from being force-fed food it didn’t agree was 'food'. Ugh....She pitifully glanced over the bathroom with the door wide open, beckoning her to go over with its glistening white tiles. Yeah, there’s no way I can go to the bathroom here. Chorim could feel the insides of her stomach turning over. Okay, as much as I would like to stay here at Jin’s fine- crib…
“Jin, I’m really sorry but…” My stomach is about to internally burst. “I just remembered I have an online test to do and it’s due tonight! I totally forgot about it.” That is , by far, the sh*ttiest excuse I have ever come up with…
“Oh, did you want to do it here? You can use my my laptop and…”
“No, no no no. I um, I would feel more comfortable doing it at home. I’m really sorry.” Chorim held her hands together apologetically in front of her. Jin’s expression was quite hard to read at this point. She wasn’t able to tell if he was disappointed or not concerned at all.
“That’s fine, the test is definitely more important than a movie.” His cute chuckle filled Chorim up with warmth. He then dropped the dishes into the sink and was already wiping his wet hands on his apron, “Alright, let’s go.”
Chorim frantically waved her hand in the air, “It’s okay, I can catch a taxi home. I don’t want to bother you.” At this point, Chorim had gathered her belongings and was already at the door.
“It’s not a bother at all. Let me…”
“JIN!” Chorim impulsively shouted out as she clenched onto her stomach. “It’s really alright. I’ll call you later tonight.” She put the last bit of her energy into maintaining the last of her pretty image, smiling and waving at him before leaving. Once she closed the door behind her, she desperately bolted to the elevator. WHERE IS THE NEAREST TOILET!?

~

Namjoon was sitting up on his ultra king size bed when he decided to make a phone call. He muted the movie that was playing on the monster sized plasma screen mounted on the wall and waited for the Jin to pick up.
    “Namjoon.”
“Yo Jin-boy, did you invite Chorim yet?
    “No, not yet.” Jin replied. Namjoon could hear the sound of a running tap being turned off in the background.
“What the heck, weren’t you guys going out for dinner tonight?”
    “Yeah but I invited her to my place so I cooked for the two of us instead.”

Namjoon’s eyes widened in horror and he slid down on his back into his bed. Oh god, the poor girl...eating Jin’s cooking…He immediately recalled the first time Jin properly cooked something for him and broke out in a cold sweat as if he was experiencing a war flashback. On another note, Namjoon was very surprised to hear that Jin not only invited Chorim over to his place but he also personally cooked for her. Having known Jin for basically his whole life, Namjoon thought this was quite out of the ordinary. Interesting...

“Oh okay, is she still there?” Is she in the bathroom? Namjoon had a mean smirk on his face as he thought about how Chorim would be feeling after eating Jin’s wonderful food.
    “No, she just left in a hurry because she forgot she had something to do. I was going to invite her after dinner...”
“Right. Well, there’s still a while until the actual thing. You should still invite her soon though. The RSVP date was a few days ago.”
    “Yeah, I will.”

~

Chorim stumbled out of the taxi and struggled to walk with her wobbly legs even though it was such a short distance to her apartment. 
Her body was so weak after spending what must have been an eternity in the public toilets at the train station near Jin's apartment. She couldn't comprehend how someone's cooking could be so awful to the point of a stomach rejecting it so desperately. She spotted Taehyung returning from the dumpster bins and beckoned him over.  Chorim latched onto his arm and shoulder as soon as he came over. 

“Taehyung...” She dramatically wheezed, “save meee...”
Um, are you alright? Taehyung asked, slightly concerned but also slightly scared.
I am barely alive Taehyung....barely alive." She looked into the distance with dead eyes, Tonight was both the greatest and the worst night of my life.
Taehyung ignored her strange ramblings, brushing it off as her being overdramatic like she usually was, and walked off even though she was holding onto him by his shoulder.
“Taehyung, do you have any food left?” Chorim tugged on his sleeve. She was unsurprisingly starving after emptying her stomach.

“No, I don't think so.”
“Oh okay.” Instead of protesting like she normally would, Chorim hung her over in a mopey manner as she trailed behind Taehyung up the stairs. He couldn't handle her looking so annoyingly pitiful, not even sure if she was doing it on purpose or not, and gave in.
“I can make something for you if you want...” Taehyung regretted saying it as soon as Chorim aggressively hugged him, squeezing both of his arms to his sides.
“I owe you my life, kind sir.” Chorim pretended to bawl, feeling emotional over Taehyung's kindness.
“Yeah, yeah. Now can you please get off me?”

 



A/N: I wasn't going to update this quickly but I kept on giggling every time I saw my edit of Jin's and I couldn't wait to share it. And yes, that apartment is exactly where you think it is from. 

Thanks for reading as always! 
(◡‿◡✿)