Drunk rooftop Part 1

180° GIRL

Chorim aggressively shoved Hoseok aside, causing him to crash into the wall, and ran to the living room first with her eyes desperately scanning the vicinity. Fortunately, there was no sight of Jungkook. Where is he? Where’s that idiot?
“Chorim, how does your place get so messy?” Hoseok frowned, already picking up clothes off the ground and folding them up neatly.
“Ah, you know me.” Chorim forced a chuckle and then discreetly looked under her bed. Not there. Amongst the items Hoseok picked up off the floor was a pair of silky golden boxers which clearly did not belong to Chorim.
“Are these yours?” Hoseok questioned, trying to restrain his laughter whilst he waved them in the air. NOPE. Chorim snatched them out of his hands and lightly punched his shoulder. Jeon Jungkook, you bloody...
“Hey, don’t go around touching everything!” She exclaimed. Hoseok laughed it off and apologised with a bright dorky smile. He continued to roam around the house with Chorim anxiously following behind him. He then came to a sudden stop and lifted his foot up.
“Why is there water everywhere?” He asked, perplexed. Chorim’s eyes followed the obvious trail of water which led to her wardrobe. WHHHHYYYYY??? Explaining why Jungkook would be taking a shower at her place was hard enough without also having to justify why he was hiding in her wardrobe. Meanwhile inside the stuffy wardrobe, Jungkook was holding his breath and peering through a small gap, praying he didn’t get caught. If it was anyone else like Jimin or Taehyung, Jungkook wouldn’t have even bothered to hide for Chorim but knowing that it was Hoseok out of all people was a whole different story. Holy sh*t, it’s really Jung Hoseok! How the heck do they know each other?  As soon as Chorim saw Hoseok’s head turning towards the wardrobe, she grabbed onto his arm to get his attention. Sh*t, what do I do?
“COOCKROACCCHHHH!!!” Chorim shouted and started slapping his shoulder. Just the mere mention of the creepers had Hoseok’s skin crawling and he immediately squeaked and hid behind Chorim. To really get him moving, Chorim started frantically lifting her feet up whilst squealing. Ideally, Hoseok would have already bolted out of the apartment at this point but instead, he hugged Chorim’s neck and climbed onto her back like a koala to a tree. Jungkook, who was watching from inside the wardrobe right in front of them, had to cup his mouth in order to stop himself from bursting into laughter. Yep, that’s definitely Hoseok. Hoseok’s weight pulled Chorim backwards and she ended up tripping and falling on top of him, accidentally elbowing him in the stomach on the way. Still on the lookout for this supposed cockroach, Hoseok rolled over without realising Chorim would then be underneath him. Their eyes did meet for a brief second and whilst an awkward moment would usually follow because of how they were positioned, Hoseok had other things to worry about (like an antenna brushing up against his bare skin) and immediately got up and ran out of the apartment without looking back. Chorim rubbed her backside as she got up off the floor and went to open the wardrobe with murderous energy in her. Jungkook cutely smiled at her and stepped out, still wearing nothing but his towel.
“Okay, you need to get out like right now, I don’t ing care.” Chorim bluntly said.
“How do you know Hoseok?” Jungkook urgently asked her whilst he adjusted his towel.
“He’s a friend.” Chorim narrowed her eyes at him, suspicious of his question, “And how do you know him?” Jungkook was tongue-tied with his pupils shaking, looking for an escape.
“I...uh…I don’t.” He looked at the ground, clearly lying, “Well, I should head off now as you command.” Jungkook side-walked around Chorim and then made a run for the balcony. Before jumping over the railings, Jungkook looked back at Chorim who was closely watching him.
“Oh, by the way, you can keep the boxers as a souvenir.” He cheekily winked at her and jumped over.

~

Chorim: come over~
Chorim: house party tonight!
Chorim: i have cake too!
Seulgi: sorry gurl
Seulgi: on a date
Seulgi:

Chorim: :(
Chorim: :’(
Chorim: okay he’s cute but still :(

Chorim stopped typing on her phone and glanced to her side to take a look at the rude person who was bumping shoulders with her on a pathway so wide.
“Ugh, it’s you.” She rolled her eyes and returned to messaging Seulgi. Yoongi smiled, already used to the standard greeting, “Aren’t you cold?” He pinched the skin on her bare thigh and she immediately yelped and slapped his hand away. Chorim knew she hadn’t worn the appropriate attire for the night with her thin mini shorts, loose hoodie and sandals but she honestly could not be bothered putting on proper clothes when she knew she was going to be quick.
“I’m going to regret asking but you’ve been invited to tonight too, haven’t you?” Chorim asked.
“I’ll be wherever you are Chorim.” Yoongi grinned, “What do you have there?” He asked, peering over to Chorim’s other side.
“I bought a cake for everyone.”
“That’s not very sincere. You should’ve baked a cake.” Yoongi said with disappointment and shook his head.
“Jimin told me about it literally two hours ago!” Chorim snapped back at him.

They continued to bicker along the way and decided to walk through the park as a short cut. It was dimly lit and there were not many people roaming around, mostly couples and the occasional jogger or cyclist. Chorim naturally walked ahead of Yoongi, not wanting to be near him, and somehow managed to lose him along the way. She tried to mind her own business as she quickened her pace as she passed a group of thugs hanging around a bench table but was irritated by their obnoxious cat-calling and whistling from afar.
    “Dayum, look at those milky legs!”
        “The things I would do to her…”
            “We should call her over…”
Chorim had her fists clenched and was so enraged, she was even slowing down and talking herself into confronting them. Usually if it was a smaller group of maybe four or less, she would have no problem barking back and beating them up herself but the group in the park was at least double that, making her more careful than usual. It was when three of jumped off the bench and started heading towards her that she started panicking. Okay now is probably a good time to run… She regretted glancing down at the sandals on her feet which she knew wouldn’t get her very far. Okay, next plan…
“Hey beautiful, what are you doing by yourself?” One of them said as they jogged towards her first. She was ready to give him a piece of her mind until she realised he was actually backing away slowly, his eyes focused on whatever was behind her. It was a look of fear to say the least.  She then felt an arm gently wrap across her shoulders.
“And who said she was by herself?” Yoongi said coldly, whilst staring down the guy. Chorim noticed the two other guys behind him jogging back to the bench with the others, leaving the first guy to fend for himself in front of Yoongi. What the hell…? The guy gulped and cowardly bowed as an apology to Yoongi before stumbling away to the rest who all seemed tensed up at the mere sight of Yoongi. The clueless Chorim was then urged to continue moving forward by Yoongi who guided her from behind. As they walked along, Chorim looked over at Yoongi, expecting to see his dark cold stare as well, but was instead met with a calm and warm smile.
“Come on, the others are probably waiting for your insincere cake.” He grinned at her. When they had walked a few more metres, Chorim felt Yoongi’s arm come from behind her and wrap around her waist. Initially thinking he was hugging her, Chorim pulled herself away only to then be turned around and pulled in closer by him. Chorim looked down and saw Yoongi had wrapped his jacket around her waist and was actually tying a knot up.
“Um...what are you doing?” Chorim questioned him.
“I like to hide what’s mine.” Yoongi casually said, still firmly holding Chorim incredibly close to him by the waist. She was caught off guard by the sudden long and steady gaze from him into her eyes which was promptly ruined by his trademark smirk making an appearance. Chorim reached out for his face with her hand and single handedly squeezed his cheeks together.
“You...are so gross.” She shoved his face away and walked off with the sound of Yoongi chuckling in the background.

~

Taehyung could already hear the sound of Chorim yelling as she was walking up the stairs to the open rooftop. He was sitting around the plastic table with Hoseok who was having friendly chatter with Nayeon. Jimin was busy getting the barbecue started, refusing to receive help from the others. They were all surprised she had arrived so early but Taehyung found out he didn’t actually mind Nayeon as a person. Unlike Chorim, she had a more reserved non-violent personality and whilst she was quite bubbly, the way she spoke was calming to the ears. Taehyung was surprised to see Chorim arriving with Yoongi right behind her.
“Nayeon! Hey!” Chorim excitedly shouted as soon as she saw Nayeon. It was refreshing for her to see another girl around the apartment block. Chorim had always wanted to properly befriend Nayeon who seemed like a sweet girl. Plus, Nayeon had already seen the state that Chorim would be in on her past midnight errands. Nayeon stood up with a glowing face and came in for a hug with Chorim. Her makeup was light and all she wore was a simple pastel pink dress and some white flats but she still managed to look quite lovely. This was in comparison to Chorim who had rocked up her shorts, hoodie and sandals, with her hair in a ponytail, thinking it was going to be a casual block party. Chorim saw Jimin dressed up a lot nicer than usual, even wearing a collared shirt, and started doubting herself. Luckily for her, Taehyung was dressed down as usual but she couldn’t help but still feel self-conscious. Yoongi slammed the slab of beer he got from his fridge downstairs onto the table and, without even looking at Nayeon, walked over to Jimin who was hovering over the barbecue grill.

Soon, more people came up to the rooftop and with the addition of some music, it was getting more lively. Chorim started to realise she had had the wrong idea, thinking it would just be just her, Jimin, Taehyung, Yoongi and maybe Sungjae. The usual gang. Sungjae did make his expected appearance but this time with Sooyoung by his side. It was when there were unfamiliar faces that Chorim started feeling uncomfortable about how she looked. They were mostly guys but there were two other girls as well. Most of the guests were high school mates of both Taehyung and Jimin and the rest seemed to be Jimin’s outside gaming buddies. There was one thing almost all of the guys had in common. As soon as they saw Nayeon, they would be fawning over her as if she was some sort of celebrity. There were a lot of selcas being taken and autographs being given out. I’m definitely missing something, aren’t I…? Chorim told herself she would ask Nayeon about it later and didn’t have much of a choice but to break away from the rest and walk over to the grill to get more meat. She put her hood on, now self-aware after seeing the other girls at the party who were nicely dressed up. Of course, she knew she could transform in an instant with her apartment just down one floor but that would defeat the purpose of keeping the two images separate. Yoongi was also at the grill, grabbing a sizzling piece of meat with the tip of his fingers and popping it straight into his mouth. Upon seeing him, Chorim was reminded of the incident earlier on in the day.
“Where’s Jungkook?” She asked him.
“How the would I know? I’m not his guardian.” Yoongi replied with food in his mouth. Chorim realised Yoongi hadn’t even bothered looking in Nayeon’s way ever since the night began and had kept to himself on the side, away from the others.
“That’s odd. The sly wolf hasn’t approached the new innocent deer yet.” Chorim commented as she used the tongs to flip over some meat slices. Yoongi peered over to where Nayeon was standing, surrounded by her hoard of fanboys, and returned his attention back to Chorim.
“Not my type.” Yoongi shrugged and then took the opportunity to lean in closer to Chorim and whispered, “I like my women more vicious.” Chorim could feel his warm meaty breath against her ear and pulled away from him. He laughed whilst chewing on the meat and then pinched her cheek with his fingers which were greased up from the meat juices.

Taehyung heard Chorim swearing out loud from the other side of the rooftop and watched her from afar. Yoongi was laughing out loud, trying to touch Chorim with his dirty fingers whilst she vehemently defended herself with the tongs in her hand. She was for the most part angry and annoyed but would let out the occasional laugh. Hoseok had also joined their ‘outsider’ table and was happily digging into his chicken wings. Nayeon noticed Taehyung spacing out and leaned over.
“Hey, are they dating? Chorim and that blonde guy.” Nayeon innocently asked him.
Taehyung looked at Nayeon who had a curious expression and shook his head, “They’re not.”
“Oh really? They match so well, don’t you think?” Nayeon let out a cute giggle and continued to watch Chorim and Yoongi arguing with each other. All of a sudden, Chorim slammed a bottle of soju on the table and pointed her shot glass at Yoongi.
“YOU ARE ING ON! 100,000 Won to whoever can down more shots!” She bellowed, not aware she was causing a commotion on the rooftop because of how loud she was.
“Chorim, I don’t think this is a good idea.” Hoseok was sitting in between the two, staring at both of them with bewilderment. He was still not used to how quickly things escalated amongst the tenants of this apartment block and whilst it was fascinating, it was just as scary. They were literally just talking about brands of soju a few minutes ago.
“You better not regret this.” Yoongi said with a wide grin on his face, already filling up their shot glasses. He hadn’t expected to get Chorim riled up so quickly by simply calling her a ‘weak drinker’.
Hoseok had a nervous and worried look on his face, “Guys, I really think…”
“Hoseok, you can be our fair and honourable referee!” Chorim gave him the thumbs up and then watched as Yoongi went ahead and confidently took the first shot of that night.

~


“Alright, I’m going to head off now boys.” Jaehwan patted Namjoon on the shoulder as he got up.
“What already?” Namjoon straightened his arm out and looked at his watch, “1AM! It’s only 1AM. What nonsense is this?” Jaehwan laughed at Namjoon’s overreaction.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I need to attend a meeting tomorrow morning in place of my brother.” Jaehwan sighed, “Or maybe I’m just not cut out for this anymore.” He was only joking but he liked to provoke the ill-tempered Namjoon.
”Just ignore him, Jaehwan.” Jin smiled and waved, “We'll see you around.”
“Wait, so where was Hoseok all night again?” Namjoon asked after Jaehwan left them. They were the last ones out of their circle at the ambient lounge Namjoon had booked out down-town. It was quite a regular thing where they would all hang out and talk about the ups and downs of their privileged lives.

“He said he was going to a small house party.” Jin leaned to the side of his chair.

“He ditched us for a house party? How dare he.” Namjoon playfully shook his nearly empty glass, “How’s things with Cho-angel?” He only mentioned it because he noticed Jin was already on his phone, checking his messages for the millionth time that night.
“I’m not sure but maybe it’s better this way.” Jin gazed out of the window to appreciate the liveliness of the night life in the city. He had undoubtedly taken an interest in Chorim but considering it was his first time feeling this way towards another person, he seemed to be more cautious about moving things along. After all, she didn’t know everything about him yet.
“I’m telling you, it’s all about sincerity with girls. Trust me.” Namjoon said before downing the last of his glass.
“Sincerity?” Even Namjoon mentioning it was absurd to Jin. He was always sincere.
“Yes, sincerity. It’s the way to a woman’s heart. You know what I mean right?” Namjoon said with a wide knowing grin. Before Jin could ask what Namjoon meant, his phone started ringing.

“Hoseok?...Yes, it’s me, Seokjin.” Jin looked at Namjoon who was also surprised by the peculiar call, “Okay but why are you calling me...” He suddenly pulled his phone away from his ear and even Namjoon could hear Hoseok sobbing on the other end. When the crying died down, Jin brought the phone back to his ear and continued to listen to Hoseok with a confused expression.
“Alright, alright. I understand. You’ll need to give me the address.” Jin took a fountain pen out of the inner pocket of his suit jacket and started jotting down an address onto a napkin on the table. Namjoon raised a brow, curious as to what was happening, and then after another minute, Jin was finally off the phone with a weirded out look on his face.

“Was that actually Hoseok?” Namjoon asked him right away.
“Yeah, it was...he’s definitely drunk.
He’s still at that house party I mentioned earlier.” Jin picked up the napkin and examined the address he had scribbled down.
“And what’s that for?”

“He asked me to go pick him up.”
 



A/N: OMG, WE'VE REACHED THE 50TH CHAPTER!ヾ(o✪‿✪o)シ Truly exciting times. Can't tell you guys enough how much I appreciate your support. It's because of you guys that I've made it this far with this hectic story of an ill-mannered but lovable girl and the troublemakers that give her endless headaches!

To celebrate reaching the 50 chapter mark, can you guys share what your favourite moment has been thus far in the story? I'm just so curious!  
(´。✪ω✪。`)