Untrustworthy calls

180° GIRL

Chorim: are you free tonight? Come oveeerrrr
Seulgi: sorry babe, out at the moment
Chorim:
Chorim: with who?
Seulgi: your friend ;)
Chorim: ...which friend?
Seulgi: your rich, tall and handsome friend

Which rich, tall and handsome friend? Chorim smiled to herself and took a sip from her beer can. Most of the guys from uni that actively pursued Chorim would probably fall under that category but unfortunately for them, she didn’t really consider any of them friends. She was still very nice and sweet to everyone but she only had eyes for Jin. It was weird for her to admit but it was only in the last couple of months that Chorim had made actual guy friends. Even though they’re all ing weirdos in one way or another…

Seulgi: Namjoonie <3
Seulgi:



Chorim tapped the photo to make it bigger and looked at it in awe. “Yuuup, that’s definitely Namjoon.” She uttered to herself before madly typing away.

Chorim: wtf you guys met like a week ago
Seulgi: ;)
Chorim: don’t ;) me!!!

Chorim had predicted this was going to happen anyway. Namjoon was way too interested upon meeting Seulgi that there was no way he wouldn't have gotten in contact with her, even if Chorim didn't give him Seulgi's number. But they're already hanging out together, geez... Bored, Chorim opened up Jin’s instagram to see if he had posted anything recently and hummed as she scrolled through.

“You should give up.”

Chorim lifted her head up towards where the voice came from and met with Jungkook who was on the rooftop looking down at her. He waved at her with a cheeky grin on his face. Why is he up there?
“What did you say?” Chorim sternly asked. She had heard him but she wanted him to repeat himself. Jungkook climbed down from the rooftop like a monkey and jumped onto the balcony, “I said you should give up. You guys are a total mismatch.”
“Hah! And how would you know that?” Chorim jeered, not taking him seriously at all. Jungkook just shrugged and grabbed the beer can out of her hand. Before he could even take a sip, Chorim had already snatched it back away from him. She was surprisingly strict when it came to that sort of stuff.
“You asked me how I know him the other day right?” Jungkook said whilst draping himself over the railing like a sloth.
“Yes and not only did you not answer, you also begged me to let you go like a little crybaby.” Chorim teased. Jungkook waved his hand in the air and purposely ignored her. He then leaned in towards her, “Well, I thought about it and I think I trust you enough to tell you.” Chorim was about to laugh it off until she saw how serious he seemed. Wait, is he for real? Jungkook continued, “Plus, I think you’re the only person who can help me now.”
“Sure.” Chorim said without an ounce of enthusiasm, expecting him to say something ridiclous at any second now.
“Jin is actually…” Jungkook whispered into her ear, “my stalker.”
It was lucky that they were outside on the balcony because as soon as Chorim heard Jungkook, she immediately spat out her beer which sprayed everywhere in a glorious manner. Revolted, Jungkook pulled himself away from her and judgmentally looked her as she wiped down with her bare arm.

“Wow, really did not expect that.” She awkwardly laughed.
“Don't you ever wonder why I don’t like going outside in the daytime?”
“Nope.” Chorim said very bluntly, trying to keep a straight face since she was lying.
“It’s because I’m in hiding. From who?” Jungkook tapped on an Instagram photo of Jin on Chorim’s phone, “From him. Kim-Seok-Jin.” Chorim was so close to losing it. Why are we even having this conversation!
“Okay then, let’s say Jin is your,” Chorim had her fingers in the air to quote the word, “stalker, how could I possibly help you?”
“My passport.”
Chorim tried to look perplexed even though she heard exactly what he had said, “Your what?”
“He has my passport. I need you to get it back for me.” Jungkook said sternly. “I'm assuming you're close enough to him now that you'll be able to look for it without suspicion.” He wasn’t kidding. He had carefully thought this through. Chorim let out an obnoxious cackle whilst whacking him on the back.

“Your passport? What kind of nonsense is that!?” Chorim nervously took a big gulp of beer, looking away from him. It’s nonsense. It has to be nonsense. Chorim knew very well it wasn’t. She had seen his passport with her own eyes and yet, she still wanted to convince herself that Jungkook was being ridiculous with his claims.
“I’m not lying!” Jungkook suddenly cried, getting increasingly frustrated that she was belittling him. “He either has it or knows where it is and I need to get it back soon.”
Chorim was taken back by how serious Jungkook seemed and almost felt sorry for him. But she knew she wasn’t going to help him. Because Jin being his stalker is absurd...even if he actually does have the passport...

~

Taehyung tapped his fingers impatiently on the dining table and stared at the steaming hot dishes of food in front of him. He glanced up at the clock on the wall and then back at the phone beside his hand on the table. Why did I make so much food? Taehyung was in agony not because he didn’t know why he had cooked so much but because he knew exactly why and was struggling to come to terms with it.
“Alright, just ask her if she’s eaten lunch.” Taehyung mumbled to himself as he picked up his phone and called Chorim.
    “Yoooo, what’s up?”
Taehyung’s eyes shook as he frantically thought of what to say even though he had already planned out the conversation in his head just a few minutes ago. “Where are you now?” The way he blurted it out sounded a bit aggressive.
    “Just finished with my lecture, on my break now.”
“Oh, okay.” Taehyung already knew that. There was a long pause between the two because Chorim was waiting for Taehyung to continue...except he couldn’t. He was too busy overthinking everything.
    “Ah sh*t...” Chorim let out an annoyed groan.
“What’s wrong?”
    “It’s raining.”
Taehyung looked out to the balcony and saw the rain pouring down. It was amusing for him to listen to  Chorim’s fake sweet voice on the other end as she excused herself pass people.
“Tell me you have an umbrella with you.” He knew she didn’t.
    “Come on, you should know by now I never have one on me.
“Well I thought you would become smarter but I guess not.” Taehyung said with a chuckle. It was a habit of his to have a bite to his words even if he didn’t mean it.
    “Why the hell did you call me anyway?” Chorim said, making it obvious that she was annoyed.
Taehyung felt stupid for being remotely surprised by her question. Why did I call her? He gulped at the sight of food right in front of him.

Have you eaten?

I made too much food so come help me, you pig!

Did you want to eat lunch together?

I bet you haven’t eaten yet.

“Jimin was looking for you but he’s gone now. Bye.” Taehyung was filled with regret the moment he lifted up his thumb from his phone after hanging up on her. Well, looks like I’m eating by myself. He was ready to drown in his own silence when suddenly another voice piped up.

“Wow, that was pathetic. I can’t believe I had to listen to that.”

Taehyung was suddenly alert and turned his head towards the balcony where he found Jungkook squatting inside on the floor with the slide door wide open behind him. He was comfortably wearing a matching grey Nike tracksuit, which was dampened most likely from the rain outside, and wore black sliders with black socks.
“What are you doing here?” Taehyung said, a lot more relaxed, albeit a bit annoyed. Chorim’s apartment wasn’t the only place Jungkook liked to intrude.
“I’m bored and no one’s home except you.” Jungkook lazily walked over and leaned against the table, eyeing the food. He then casually picked up a piece of sliced beef and popped it into his mouth. Taehyung just did the same, having no energy to tell Jungkook off.
“That was Chorim on the phone, right?” Jungkook said with a devilish smirk. Taehyung side-eyed him and didn’t answer to avoid giving him the satisfaction. He thought ignoring Jungkook would be the best way to shut him up but he was very wrong.
“It’s such a tragedy though,” Jungkook put a hand on Taehyung’s shoulder and started mockingly crying, “that she is blindly in love with another man!”
Getting real pissed off, Taehyung brushed Jungkook’s hand off of his shoulder and bluntly said, “That doesn’t concern me.”

It was honestly all he thought about. The truth was made blaringly obvious by Chorim herself and it didn’t even bother Taehyung until recently. With how things were going (that is, according to Chorim), all that was left was Jin actually asking her to be his lover and it would be game over.

Jungkook shrugged and grabbed another slice of beef, “If you say so.” He watched as Taehyung went over to the couch to put on a wrinkly jumper and then to the doorway to put on his own pair of black sliders.
“Where are you going?” Jungkook asked.
“Outside.” Taehyung grabbed an umbrella and a cold wind hit his face as soon as he opened the door. There was no way he was admitting to going out to give Chorim an umbrella. Jungkook eyed him from top to bottom and couldn’t believe Taehyung was going to just walk out in his ugly homewear. Not my problem I guess.
“Hey, in exchange for the lovely lunch, I’ll tell you something really good.”
Taehyung rolled his eyes back, “Humour me.”
“Jin and Chorim,” Jungkook had to swallow his food first before continuing, “things won’t work out between them so don’t even sweat it.” He then winked at Taehyung before stuffing his face with more food. Taehyung stood by the door initially stunned by what Jungkook said but quickly grew irritated because he was certain he was being mocked. He angrily slammed the door shut behind him as he exited the apartment. Jungkook innocently looked up at the door with his cheeks puffed up with food, “Seriously, why doesn’t anyone believe me?”

~

“Just finished with my lecture, on my break now.” Chorim held the phone to her ear and tried to not crash into people leaving the same lecture theatre.
    “Oh, okay.”
Chorim felt uncomfortable from the long pause coming from Taehyung. Is he going to say anything?  She saw sparse droplets of water hitting the pavement and squinted at the grey cloudy sky which blanketed the city. She then held her hand up to protect her make-up from melting off.
“Ah sh*t...” The words naturally fell off of her lips. For a while now, Chorim was fully aware that she had been slipping up more often when it came to maintaining her image as the campus angel. She’d occasionally curse under her breath and would then have to look around to see if anyone heard her. She would let out unrefined groans when she was frustrated. She accidentally punched someone jokingly the other day because they were telling a bizarre story. Although these habits came so naturally to Chorim, she knew she had to keep them in check. Otherwise, if she were to slip up in front of the wrong people, her bubble reputation would be over for the remainder of her college life.
    “What’s wrong?” Taehyung asked her.
“It’s raining.” Chorim let out a sigh. She was convinced that it was because she was talking to Taehyung that her bad habit of cursing came out.
    “Tell me you have an umbrella with you.”
“Come on, you should know by now I never have one on me.”
    “Well I thought you would become smarter but I guess not.” Taehyung said with a chuckle.
A*shole! “Why the hell did you call me anyway?” Chorim said, annoyed. Again, the long awkward pause returned but this time, it was followed with a response.
    “Jimin was looking for you but he’s gone now. Bye.”

“What?” Chorim waited for a reply and then heard Taehyung hang up on her. She looked at her phone in awe, realising she must have just been pranked by him. What the hell was that!?


The rain was really starting to pour down and Chorim knew she had to move before the trees she was standing under gave in to the rain. During this particular break, she liked to stop by home to either study or relax but with the weather, it didn’t seem like an option. Mmm, maybe I should hide in the library for now. She was about to walk back into the heart of the campus when a huge umbrella popped out of nowhere above her. Chorim almost let out a small squeal when she was saw Jin standing beside her, holding out the umbrella. She wasn’t sure if it was the romantic raining setting or just her lovestruck eyes but he looked even more breathtakingly beautiful than usual.

Jin is actually my stalker.’

GODF*CKINGDAMMIT!

Chorim was fuming that Jungkook's words from a few days ago were retained in her memory. All she wanted to do was admire Jin in peace whilst he stood beside her like a perfect gentleman straight out of a manga.
“Sorry, did I scare you?” Jin asked as he stared at Chorim, not realising it as making her nervous as hell.
“A little bit.” Chorim said as she looked down at the ground to hide her blushing. Oh god, it’s a fact that he’s handsome but this is just overwhelming!
“It seems unlike you to be caught in the rain like this.” Jin said with a warm smile, honey pouring out of his eyes as he looked at Chorim adoringly.
“I know, I know. I forgot my umbrella at home.” Chorim pouted. Ha ha ha ha ha...
“That’s alright, as long as we’ve got one to share. Are you free now?”
“Yeah I am! I have a 3-hour break.” Chorim answered, holding up three fingers in the air. She always held her breath slightly every time he asked that question because she hoped it would follow with an invite of some sort.
“Mmmm, 3 hours,” Jin tilted his head slightly and looked as if he was contemplating something, “I wonder if that’ll be enough time.”
“Enough time for what?”
“For me to take you on a movie date and bring you back here.” He said cheekily, knowing it was plenty of time.
Chorim let out a small chuckle to release some of her excitement, “It should be alright.” Jin, I would spend the entire day with you if you asked.

‘He has my passport. I need you to get it back for me.’

To push out Jungkook’s voice in her head, Chorim quickly linked her arms with Jin and smiled, “Lead the way.”

I’m going to have such a pleasant date with Jin...NOT! CURSE YOU JUNGKOOK!

 



A/N: Squeezing in a chapter before the year ends!!!
Can't believe we've nearly reached the end of another year already!
Anyway, here's to a safe and memorable holiday before we charge into the new year!
See you soon ~
✧⁺⸜(●′▾‵●)⸝⁺✧


Who is Jungkook?