Crabby cars

180° GIRL

“Chorim.” He said, a bit taken aback by her sudden appearance.
“Hi!” Chorim cheerfully smiled back at him, “What are you doing here in the market?”
“I’m just here to...um...”  His voice faltered as if he was just caught doing something illegal. “Argh!” He yelped sharply and dropped the crab onto the ground between them. The crab had pinched his hand with its claws, most likely to escape its expected death. Small droplets of blood started dripping onto the ground from Jin's hands.
“Omo, hold still.” Chorim instructed and quickly pulled him away to the side of the seafood stall and they sat down on the steps of an entrance in the alleyway, away from the main street. After pouring water onto his hand and wiping away the blood, Chorim unwrapped two band-aids and placed them onto the small wound. Internally, Chorim was trying really hard to hide her joy. I knew having band-aids on me would come in handy one day...thank you band-aids...thank you for this opportunity…
Jin examined Chorim's work on his hand and smiled with gratitude. “Thanks.”
“Not a problem!” She tried saying in a cute tone. She then straightened up and cleared before turning to him. This is as good a time as any… “So about the night of the party…” She shifted her weight onto her arm and leaned in, in an attempt to look cool, “I think there might be a misunderst - “
“What do you want? Is it money?” Jin interrupted. Chorim could see the frustration building in his face.
“What...?” Chorim raised her tone, a bit taken aback. Money...? Jin directly looked at her to see her slightly confused expression.
“What?”
“Jin, listen to me. I don’t know what you’re on about but,” Chorim stared at him right in the eyes, “what you think happened on the night of the party did not happen.” Jin stared at her blankly, his face scrunching up in confusion. “Like at all.”
“What do you mean?” Jin questioned.
“Well…” Chorim proceeded to explain in great detail what had happened during the night of the party as Jin’s face began to twist with horror and embarrassment from hearing the ordeal...and coming to terms with just how wrong he was.
“...so I told Namjoon to check up on you and then I left.” Chorim ended and did a tiny nod of self-approval for having recounted the story so well.
“So we didn’t…”
“No.”
“We never…”
“Nope.”
Jin’s expression softened up with relief but then he dug his face into his hands and groaned.
“I’m really sorry. And I even made up my own scenario in my head to further embarrass myself…”
“No, no, it’s okay. I’m glad we cleared things up…”
He started quietly chuckling to himself and then had to start hiding his growing laughter behind his hand. He smiled! The prince smiled!  “I thought...you were going to blackmail me.”
Blackmail you...what the fxck...what kind person do you take me for… Chorim cleared the thoughts in her mind.
“No! Why would I do that to you?” Chorim calmly said as if it was the most absurd thing she had ever heard. “Who would do such a thing?”
“Well there have been girls who…” Jin decided to not continue and quickly added, “I just thought you had ill intentions.” He shook his head, amazed at the ridiculousness of his thoughts. “I’m sorry for thinking of you that way.” He apologetically bowed his head sincerely and Chorim just nervously laughed it off. She had realised this was the most they had ever spoken to each other and didn’t know what to do.
“Anyway, that aside, what were you buying crabs for?” Chorim casually asked to steer the conversation away. “This shabby market doesn’t suit someone like you very well.”
Jin widened his eyes and quickly averted them as if he was hiding something.
“I...I uh…” Jin struggled to reply to Chorim who patiently had her gaze locked on him, hanging on every word. He was fortunately saved by someone Chorim assumed was his personal assistant or bodyguard. Like, of course he had someone like that by his side right? Such a different league... The guy leaned in and whispered something into Jin's ear and his expression darkened slightly.
“I’ll have to take my leave now, sorry.” He stood up and Chorim was sure he was going to just rudely walk off until he spun back around and awkwardly raised his hand up at her and said, “I'll see you around”, along with a quick warm smile before leaving in a hurry. Chorim sat there a little bit dumbfounded.
“Oh, sure…” Chorim softly said despite actually wanting to jump around in joy to celebrate. Chorim, you did it. This is progress. She uncoolly did a small fist pump to her side. Chorim fighting!
She got up and walked onto the main street, just in time to see the back of Jin leaving. She smiled to herself, satisfied by her efforts. What was I here for...? Oh, meat!

~

Taehyung watched intently as Chorim hummed and stirred the hotpot whilst Jimin impatiently sipped the boiling hot soup and was eager to return to the game running on Taehyung’s laptop. They were gathered around the table in Taehyung’s house with the hotpot in the middle which was prepared when Chorim had come back from the market. Taehyung had mixed feelings about the event. He was annoyed that they were having it at his place out of all places but he was also glad to have Jimin hanging around due to Chorim’s efforts.
“You’re awfully happy.” Taehyung said nonchalantly, taking a bite of the steaming fish cake. Chorim stopped humming and she looked at him. He was expecting her to sarcastically talk back like she usually did but instead, she just giggled and continued humming.
“Thanks for having me over.” Jimin beamed with an eye-smile before blowing on his spoon of hot soup.
“Eh, don’t be silly. You should come over more often.” Chorim exclaimed enthusiastically. Taehyung stopped chewing, annoyed that she was acting as if it was her place.
“You know you’re welcome here anytime.” Taehyung added.
“No, I don’t want to bother you like that. I have my own place you know?” Jimin’s voice drifted off and the expression in his eyes became blank. It was uncomfortable for both Chorim and Taehyung who had a feeling he hadn’t been home for quite some time.
“So Jimin, can you tell me what the heck Taehyung does at home?” Chorim asked to liven up the atmosphere. She pointed her chopsticks at Taehyung and waved it around, “Does he actually study or is he a NEET?”
Jimin was genuinely surprised by her question and excitedly said, “Don’t you know? He’s - “ Before he could finish, Taehyung abruptly shoved a spoonful of scalding hot soup into Jimin’s mouth causing him to spazz out.
“What the hell was that for!?” Jimin growled as he wiped the soup on his chin away with his sleeve. Ignoring him as if nothing happened, Taehyung remained quiet and continued to chew on some meat. Chorim bit on her chopstick and narrowed her eyes at Taehyung with suspicion.

~

Taehyung: have you heard from jimin lately

Chorim paid for her drink and then sat down at a table. It had been almost a week since Jimin last replied to her.
Although he still spent a large proportion of his time at the PC bangs, he had at least been spending some of his time at Taehyung’s place and just hanging around for quite some time. With Chorim's insistent ways, they often had dinner together and spent nights just playing video games or watching shows. To Chorim, she had finally found a semi-safe haven for comfort and fun. There was no need to put on a fake act. Little did Chorim know, Taehyung was still slightly annoyed at the fact that she was the one who orchestrated it and not him, even though he was fine with having Jimin over. If he were to be mad at anyone, it would be at Jimin for being so easily swayed by a pretty girl and not a friend of several years. He would never openly admit it but he was somewhat grateful to Chorim for caring and trying.

Chorim: Nope
Taehyung: if you do, let me know
Chorim: yes sir

Chorim rolled her eyes. Even over text messaging, she could hear his deep gloomy tone.

Chorim: is anything up?
Taehyung: he hasn’t called home for a long time now
Taehyung: his mother just gave me a call to ask if hes okay
Chorim: oh okay
Chorim: i can go check the pc bang omw back
Taehyung: cool

After getting her drink, Chorim continued to do some grocery shopping before stopping by the PC bang they had gone together the first time. Surely enough, Chorim was able to spot Jimin in a far corner of the place but was shocked at the state she found him when she came closer. His dark circles were prominent and combined with his pale sunken cheeks, he looked like he just came back from the dead.
“Jimin!” She exclaimed with excitement. The most he gave her was a nod of acknowledgement but his expression remained dead.
Displeased, Chorim leaned in and said, “You haven't been over lately. Want to have dinner later?” Without even a word, Jimin aggressively brushed her off with a wave of his arm, forcing her to back away. Rude! Coincidentally, Chorim’s phone started ringing.
“Hello?” Chorim said, still annoyed at Jimin.
Any luck?”
“Oh, Taehyung. Yeah I found him...not sure whether to be happy or angry about it though.”
What do you mean?”
“Well…” Chorim watched as Jimin’s head smashed forward face-first onto the table and remained motionless. Chorim’s eyes widened with shock and she just continued staring at his lifeless body.
“Chorim? Hello?”
“I’ll...call you back later.” Chorim immediately hung up on Taehyung and glanced around nervously whilst shaking Jimin’s shoulders.
“Jimin.” She whispered. His head rolled over to reveal his shut eyes and red nose most likely from smashing his face just then. She glanced around nervously at the onlookers from inside the PC bang who were wondering what was going on.
“Ah, you must be really tired!” She intentionally said out loud as she lifted Jimin up to get rid of suspecting onlookers. "Let's go home!" Luckily, they ignored her and returned to their own business on their enslaving screens.

~


With her bag hanging around her neck, a tight black skirt and cute white blouse on, Chorim came out into the broad daylight piggybacking an unconscious Jimin. Why am I doing this? Chorim wasn’t able to hide her face with sunglasses or a face mask so she resorted to looking down as possible in case she bumped into anyone. It was hard to ignore all the bystanders who watched incredulously as she lugged him back to her place. It wasn't every day that you could see a pretty dressed up girl carrying a guy on her back. Gah, I should’ve told Taehyung to come get him instead.
“Chorim.”
Chorim regretfully stopped and looked up to see Jin waving back at her from his car. 
He was standing beside a incredibly sleek exotic-looking car with a black matte finish. Timing...it's always about fxcking timing...
“Oh Jin. Hahaha, what are you doing here?” She casually said as if she didn’t have a knocked out Jimin hanging on her back. Thank goodness I didn't wear my tracksuit set out...
“Not...much.” He awkwardly replied, distracted by the sight of Jimin. “And you?”
“Me? Ah...ah my friend is passed out. Hahahaha.” And I’m carrying him home on my back...
“Oh, let me help you. I can give you a ride in my car.”
“No, no, it’s alright.” Chorim insisted. Jin wasn’t sure how to respond to her strange rejection and glanced over her shoulder to look at Jimin.
“Blood.” He said and pointed. Blood? Chorim looked over to see blood dripping from Jimin’s nose onto her white blouse. Chorim resisted the urge to swear out loud and tried her best to stay calm in front of Jin. He just smiled and went to open a door, beckoning her to get in.

Park Jimin, I honestly don't know whether to thank you or beat you up later.



A/N: UGH, SO MUCH MORE TO COME. THANKS FOR READING! ヾ(o✪‿✪o)シ