One Won

180° GIRL

“Wow, you’re still the same, Chorim. Not a single thing not out of place.” Seulgi said with a big grin as she took her shoes off. Chorim’s habits were no longer a surprise to Seulgi. They had known each other since elementary school and knew each other all too well. Chorim laughed out loud as Seulgi pretended she was swimming through the rubbish. “It’s a pretty nice place though...at least I imagine it would be nice if it was clean.” Seulgi teased as she went to the observe the balcony.
“My bed is sort of clear, you can have a seat there. Did you want anything to drink?”
“Nothing expired thanks.” Seulgi looked up to see Chorim’s annoyed expression, “I’m only kidding. Some tea please!” Seulgi laid down on the bed and made herself comfortable, “I am very disappointed in you by the way.”
“What? Why?”
“Why didn’t you tell me anything about Yoongi? He’s so hot!” Seulgi exclaimed. Chorim looked at her with disgust.
“Are you being serious?”
“Um yes? Have you seen him? Oh my god, that intense gaze...take me please.” Seulgi tightly hugged a body pillow and squealed. She then sat back up, “And did you see that amazing tattoo sleeve? Holy sh*t, can you imagine what the rest of it looks like underneath his clothes?” Seulgi fanned herself and then started giggling like a schoolgirl. Chorim didn’t dare tell her that she herself did not need to imagine it.

Chorim listened on to Seulgi explaining her situation and what prompted her to suddenly move. Seulgi had broken up with her boyfriend who she caught cheating on her and she decided she wanted a new start and hence, moved to a new place. She didn’t seem to be too fazed from it, as if she had suspected it early on, and this was no surprise to Chorim either. Seulgi was quite a free-spirit and didn’t like things that tied her down. This would also explain her naturally playful and flirtatious character which, combined with her alluring face, made her quite a charming girl.
“And I thought I was going to stay single for a while but after seeing your neighbour, I’m not too sure.” Seulgi slyly grinned at Chorim.
“Please don’t.” Chorim said sternly. She knew Seulgi had a weakness for the ‘bad boy’ type of guy and unfortunately, Yoongi fitted that mold too perfectly. “Well I know I can’t stop you but I’m still going to warn you not to get too close to him anyway. He’s a very shady character.”
“You mean ily mysterious?” Seulgi snickered whilst Chorim twisted her face, absolutely repulsed. She didn’t like the dreamy look in Seulgi’s eyes. I need to keep her away from that son of a b*tch.

~

“Yeah, it’s definitely the same dog.” Taehyung held the poster up to compare the lost dog photo to Taetae who was busily running around in his apartment. Chorim had picked Taetae up after class and brought him inside to double-check with Taehyung.
“What do I do now?” She asked him.
“Call them up? What else can you do?” Taehyung handed the poster over to her.
“Can you do it instead?”
“How about no?” Taehyung knew she was just too lazy to do it herself.
“Alright fine, I’m going to put the person on speaker though.” Chorim tapped in the number and the dial rang loudly in the room.
    “Hello?” It was a male voice on the other end.
“Yes hello. Um, I’m calling in regards to your lost dog poster. We found your dog in our area.”
    “REALLY!?” The guy exclaimed, absolutely ecstatic.
“Yes…” Chorim just sheepishly laughed and looked at Taehyung, really weirded out.
    “Am I able to pick him up from your place?”
“No!” Chorim exclaimed. Taehyung angrily mouthed to Chorim, ‘Why not?’ For image maintenance purposes, she didn’t like too many people knowing where she lived.
    “Oh...okay. Where and when would you like to meet up then?”
“There’s a big park near S University. Are you able to meet me there tomorrow?”
    “Yes of course. Is 10AM alright with you?”
“Yeah, 10 is fine. I’ll be at the big tree near the west entrance.”
    Alright, I’ll see you then. Thank you so much.”
Chorim hung up and sat upright on the couch. Ugh, I can’t be bothered… She agonised over the thought of waking up early when she could be sleeping in until the afternoon.
“Taehyung...” Chorim annoyingly pouted and flashed her big eyes at Taehyung, hoping he would give in.
“No.”
He knew exactly what she was going to ask.
“What if it’s someone dangerous?” Chorim said in a serious tone.
“Look, I’m sure dangerous people are using better methods to lure people than lost dog posters.” Taehyung said bluntly. Chorim narrowed her eyes at him, knowing he had something to add, and then he smirked, “Plus you’ll just beat the sh*t out of them anyway.”
Giving in, Chorim picked Taetae off of the ground and held him up in the air and gently waved him around.
“Nyaw, you’re so cute I don’t want to return you!” She lowered him and gave him a final cuddle, “I’ll see you tomorrow!”
“Wait, you’re leaving him here?” Taehyung asked.
“Yeah…”
“What the hell, why aren’t you taking him back to your place?”
“Because…” He’ll get lost in all the rubbish… “Seulgi is allergic to dogs.” Chorim could tell he was not convinced from his silence so she crawled over on the ground and held the dog up close to Taehyung’s face, “I’ll come pick him up in the morning.” Taehyung tried avoid looking at Taetae but melted inside when his eyes met with Taetae’s adorable lost eyes. He grabbed the sleepy dog and placed it into his lap, despite being annoyed at Chorim. She laid her head on his thigh and chuckled at his half-happy, half -annoyed expression.

Chorim thought that was the end of her night until she went over to her own place. Seulgi was already dressed up in a revealing dress and in heels with her hair and makeup done when Chorim opened the door.
“Get ready, the cab is going to be here in like 10 minutes.”
“What? Where are we going?” Chorim asked lazily as she took off her shoes. I just want to stay at home...
“Out. I’ve already picked out your outfit.” Chorim caught the dress Seulgi threw to her and groaned out loud. I want to be in bed! However, she knew that there was no way Seulgi was going to give up.

~

Seulgi had insisted they go to a specific bar which was more down-town than Chorim would have liked. Upon arriving, Chorim couldn’t help notice it was in the same area that House Of Cards was situated. “Exactly why did you drag me this place?” Chorim whined out loud.
“Did it have to be tonight?” She was sad that her long-awaited night in had suddenly turned into an unwarranted night out.
“Stop being a crybaby! You're always cooped up in that dungeon of yours.” Seulgi kept pulling Chorim inwards until they were at the dimly-lit bar counter. She then waved enthusiastically at someone and cried out “Yoongi!”. Unfortunately for Chorim, Yoongi was standing behind the counter wearing black pants and a fitting white collared shirt with his sleeves pulled up. A bartender, he’s a ing bartender.  He turned his head briefly and grinned at them before returning to the customer in front of him.
“I’m going to the bathroom, I’ll be back okay?” Seulgi noticed Chorim’s glowering expression and pinched her cheek, “Stop being so grumpy!”
Chorim sat down at the counter, hoping Yoongi would be too busy and forget about her. A bartender, that explains a lot. He went out at unusual hours, especially at night, and seemed to sleep during the day. She then thought about the time she saw him when she was with Jin. He must’ve been working that night.
“Now what can I get for you?” With much regret, Chorim looked up to meet with Yoongi’s smug face.
“Nothing thanks.” Chorim curtly said, giving him a fake smile. She knew it wouldn’t be enough to deter him though.
“Doesn’t knowing I’m a bartender make me soooo much more attractive?” Yoongi smirked as he cleaned out some glasses. Chorim mockingly laughed out loud.
“No.” She bluntly said with a straight face. She haughtily looked elsewhere and impatiently looked out for Seulgi. What bothered her even more was the fact that Yoongi was still hovering around where she was sitting. He then slid two cocktail drinks across the counter to Chorim whilst she leaned on her elbow and rested her head in her hand. She lazily glazed her eyes over the drinks and then looked up at Yoongi, not amused.
“On the house.” He said with a wink before going elsewhere to serve other people. Chorim rolled her eyes but she couldn’t resist not having a sip of the delicious-looking drink to cure her boredom.

~

Despite the late night out forced upon her by Seulgi, Chorim was up early the next day to get ready to meet Taetae’s owner. Seulgi was still in a deep slumber even though she didn’t have a lot to drink. She had been flirting with Yoongi all night whilst Chorim was left to fend for herself against guys who kept approaching her. Much to Chorim’s dismay, Yoongi was quite responsive and attentive as well to Seulgi which only irritated Chorim even more. She chose not to worry too much and hoped Seulgi was only playing around since she was now back to being single.

Chorim quietly opened the door to Taehyung’s place and tip-toed inside. “Taetae…” She whispered, hoping the dog was actually clever enough to adopt names from strangers. The apartment seemed silent at first until she heard soft snoring as she tip-toed further in. Chorim was startled by the sight of someone on the couch and then realised it was only Jimin.

12022329_1142065162475411_5096160194303237476_o.jpg

She tried to go past him as quietly as possible and went towards Taehyung’s room. She had to stop herself from knocking out of reflex and instead lightly pushed the door open. As expected, Taetae was curled up into a small fuzzy ball, sleeping peacefully right beside Taehyung on the edge of the bed. The sight of Taehyung sleeping made Chorim more nervous than she had expected. She wasn’t sure what sleeping habits he had but he had one arm above his head and the other placed on his stomach. His blank expression didn’t change even when he was sleeping and his mouth was slightly open. The thing that made Chorim nervous was the sight of his face. His hair had been messily swept upwards and she could fully see his serene sleeping face. She couldn’t get over how strikingly good-looking he was. His visuals are no joke… She tilted her head, impressed by his dark eyebrows. Why does he hide such a face? I don’t get it. Chorim was so absorbed with examining his face that she ended up hovering just above his face. The face hidden underneath the mop of hair was a rare sight after all. All of a sudden, Taehyung’s eyes opened up and his stare seemed to pierce through Chorim.

CYOlKEYUAAA9Hwj.jpg

She tripped over her own foot as she was trying to get herself away from him and fell backwards onto the ground. As she was rubbing her aching backside, Taehyung rose from his bed like a zombie from the dead and his hair naturally fell into place, covering his face again. He yawned and looked at Chorim who was still on the floor.
“What the hell are you doing?”
“I’m here to get the puppy. I have to meet the guy in like 20 minutes.” Chorim groaned as she got up onto her feet. Taehyung looked beside him to see Taetae sleeping away and carefully picked up him up and placed him onto his lap. Chorim had expected him to be more angry but suspected he was a passive morning person.

Jimin had woken from commotion and watched as Chorim exited Taehyung’s room. His loud exaggerated gasp caught Chorim’s attention as she was trying to walk to the front door quietly, thinking he was still asleep. He immediately sat up and skeptically looked at Chorim.
“Why did you just come from Taehyung’s room?” He interrogated.
“I need to take Taetae back to his owner…?” Chorim said, confused as to why Jimin was so suspicious of her, not knowing Jimin liked to call Taehyung ‘Taetae’. He took a moment to process her comment and then widened his eyes in shock and pulled his blanket closer to him.
“You two were...in that sort of relationship?”
“What are you on about?” Chorim narrowed her eyes, already awaiting a stupid comment.
“You know...dom…” Jimin shyly rubbed his neck and turned red, “Dominatrix…”
Chorim eyed him down, utterly baffled by his erted mind, and then stormed over to pinch and twist his arm, all whilst she held the sleepy unknowing Taetae in her arms.

~

Chorim waited underneath the tree and patiently waited for the guy to show up as she held the puppy in her arms. Taetae still seemed quite sleepy with his eyes only half open, letting out cute mini yawns and blankly looking into the distance.
“Mickey!” Chorim turned her head to see a guy desperately running towards her. He abruptly fell to his knees onto the grass and held his arms out dramatically. The dog excitedly jumped and ran into the guy’s arms and started his cheek. Chorim awkwardly stood around whilst the two had their heartfelt reunion. Wow, he really loves this dog. Chorim had a good look at the guy as he cuddled Taetae. He was casually dressed but Chorim could tell the outfit was well-thought out, put together with only high-quality branded items. He had a black beanie, a grey crew neck sweater and black drop crotch pants with red sneakers. His most prominent facial features were his high cheekbones and long pointed nose. He had an infectious smile which made him seem like a warm bubbly person.
“Thank you so much. Seriously, thank you.” The guy’s voice snapped Chorim out of her daze. He got up from the ground and keenly walked towards her.
“It’s alright.” Chorim smiled. Can I leave now or is that rude? The guy mistook her awkward silence for impatience and clumsily got out a thick envelope from his pocket whilst cradling Taetae, or more accurately Mickey, with one arm.
“Here’s the reward. I can give you more if it’s not enough.” The guy held out the envelope to Chorim.
“It’s okay. I don’t need it.” Chorim just kept smiling, hoping he would drop it.
“No, I’ll feel bad if you don’t take the 1 million Won.”
“1 million Won!?” Chorim blurted out, “Are you crazy?” Chorim looked at him as if he had said the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard. The guy innocently cocked his head to the side and looked at the envelope, genuinely confused.
“Is it too little?” He said quietly to himself.
“Too little!?” Chorim tried to control her baffled expression because they were in public,
“It's waaay too much.” Is this guy okay?
“How should I repay you then?”
“You really don’t need to.” Chorim nervously laughed and waited for the best moment to bid him farewell. The guy looked sincerely troubled by her response. Chorim gave him a slight bow, “Well, I’ll take my leave then…”
“Before you go, what’s your name? If you don’t mind me asking.” The guy asked before she could take another step.
“Lee Chorim.” Chorim replied. He shook her hand and held onto it as he properly bowed in front of her.
“Ah, Chorim. I’m Jung Hoseok. It’s really nice to meet you.”

 


A/N: Let's get the ball rolling.